Specific Rules – The Weekend Debate Competition
By entering the Weekend Debate Competition promotion (the “Promotion”), organised by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP (the “Promoter”), entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Specific Rules and the General Rules for Prize Promotions.
1. The Promotion is open to residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to ask entrants at any time to provide proof that they meet the above conditions (for example, by requesting copies of their passport). If entrants do not provide this proof when requested, the Promoter may disqualify them from the Promotion, or withhold their prize.
3. The Promotion opens for entries on 16/05/14 at 17.00 GMT and closes for entries on 19/05/14 at 09.00 GMT (the “Promotional Period”).
4. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(i) create a PlayStationNetwork master account (“PSN Account”) or if one already exists, sign in to their PSN Account. Entrants may not enter with a PSN sub account;
(ii) visit blog.eu.playstation.com
(iii) write and submit a post in response to the topic of the week.
6. All entries must be original and the entrant’s own work (please click on the General Rules for further details). Entrants may enter the promotion more than once, but will only be eligible to win one prize.
7. Entrants must adhere to sections 7 and 8 of the General Rules. In addition, the entries must not contain any:
(i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery,
(ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language,
(iii) harassing or defamatory content,
(iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others,
(v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality,
(vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or
(vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with rule 6 and 7.
9. Eligible entries may continue to be displayed in the Blogs following the closing date at the Promoter’s discretion.
10. Following the closing date 5 winners will be selected by an independent judge on the basis of the contribution their entry has made to discussion on the Blog during the Promotional Period.
11. No cash alternative is available and the Prize is non-transferable.
12. By participating in the promotion, entrants will be considered to have given the Promoter and its associated companies and agents, permission to use the comments posted on the Blogs, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit the PlayStation brand and anything connected to it.
13. Prizes shall be dispatched by private message to the winners PSN Accounts. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to dispatch prizes within 7 working days of the closing date, but the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are dispatched later than this period.
14. If the Prize or any part of it is found to be defective or damaged on delivery, the Promoter must be notified in writing within 7 days of the delivery date. Otherwise, the prize will be deemed to be accepted as delivered. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any).
15. The winners may be required to pay tax on their Prize in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation.
16. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary.
17. The details of the winners (name and country) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped addressed envelope marked to the following address within 8 weeks of the closing date:
Weekend Debate Competition
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
10 Great Marlborough Street
18. General Rules apply to the Promotion. Please click here to view the General Rules.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.