Posted 12:34pm

Countdown To E3

Hello everyone, my name is James and I have the exciting – and I’ll admit, slightly scary – task of reporting from this year’s E3 in sunny California. I’ve been writing for eu.playstation.com for some time now and am looking forward to cutting my blog teeth in the City of Angels as one of the contributing authors.

E3 Expo

I’ll be bringing you the big stories as they happen, as well as providing an overall feel of the event and stirring up some epic conversation with you, the PlayStation Community.

Keep an eye on our Twitter and Flickr feeds for breaking stories and any juicy morsels that spring to mind from the show floor, as well as pictures – if I catch any Kratos and Nariko cosplayers canoodling in the cafeteria, you’ll be the first to know.

I’ll be posting video interviews courtesy of my new friends over at SCEA’s PlayStation Blog . We will be producing our own video content soon enough and they’re going to be helping us out while we get on our feet – we will be in their back garden, after all.

If you are making the trip to E3 then please come over and say hello, salut, tag, hola, ciao, ahoj, hallo, moi, yia sou, hej, cześć, servus, bună ziua or any other greeting I’ve forgotten; I’ll be the one with a camera and a nervous look, until the first E3 post goes live on June 1, at least.

Anyhow, SCEE’s PlayStation Blog is as new to you as it is to me and now I’ve introduced myself, it’s over to you. Post a comment telling us which games you’re aching to learn more about, or if you have any special assignments you’d like to see me take on, and I’ll do my best.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

215 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first
KSPRAYDAD 29 May, 2009 @ 12:36 pm   1

Don’t drink the water!

Have a good time at E3.

Jack-Bauer-89 29 May, 2009 @ 12:40 pm   2

wish i was there :(

ashbash159 29 May, 2009 @ 12:41 pm   3

I really want to hear from Kojima at E3!

DaveyJam 29 May, 2009 @ 12:42 pm   4

Good luck, let’s hope it will be good :)

BackedOut_ 29 May, 2009 @ 12:43 pm   5

Im looking forward to Battlefield 1943, (check it out and report back here). =P

Dont worry about it, enjoy yourself and have fun!

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

I’ll keep Battlefield 1943 on my radar as quite a few people have asked about it. Not long to wait until it comes out though…

JacktehKnife 29 May, 2009 @ 12:44 pm   6

^ Me too.

Announce something great, sony. We’ll love you for it!

richard4481 29 May, 2009 @ 12:44 pm   7

I’m looking forward to reading all the news from E3!

Soild_Nat 29 May, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   8

Desperate to know about the MEGATON announcement doing the Internet rounds at the mo.

Also cant wait to see what all this teasing about MGS is about, i am hoping for a new MGS game for PS3.

sowasred2012 29 May, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   9

Anything Kojima or FF13 (too much to hope for an FF7 remake announcement?) related!

Arki24885 29 May, 2009 @ 12:46 pm   10

I’m really excited

mrfight67 29 May, 2009 @ 12:46 pm   11

Can’t wait to find more about Ratchet and Clank: ACIT. So, any details/screenshots/videos on that would be great. Im hoping for an online component on it too.

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 12:53 pm

I’ll be sure to catch up with Insomniac – I’m hyped about Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time too.

CartBlanche 29 May, 2009 @ 12:49 pm   12

Will you be covering the Game ON! event in London next month?

Get in the US Blog’s good books.

Take them some Jaffa Cakes.

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 12:58 pm

Thanks for the tip. I’ll grab a multipack of London’s finest this afternoon!

Nocturnvs 29 May, 2009 @ 12:50 pm   14

I can’t wait!
It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been so excited about E3.
I’m really curious about the whole Kojima teasers… The world needs more Zone of the Enders! (please?)

Bearskopff 29 May, 2009 @ 12:50 pm   15

Well, seeing as you mentioned assignments I’d certainly love to learn more about ‘The Agency’. Also, any news (at all) about Uncharted 2 would be absolutely awesome! :)

In fact, shall I just come with you? It’s always handy to have an extra set of hands around and I can imagine that there’ll be quite a few games to try out. Can’t let you have all the hard work can we? :D

Bear

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 2:05 pm

Hi Bear,
    I’ll definitely be checking out The Agency. Thanks for the offer of help, although I’m sure quite a few people here would offer their services, and you know what they say about too many cooks..!

Typhoon808 29 May, 2009 @ 12:51 pm   16

I would like some more info on MAG and whatever MGS related stuff you can find! :)

Will there be a live feed in home?

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 2:27 pm

You will be able to watch the SCEA press conference in Home, in a new space called the Presentation Podium. We’re still waiting for confirmation of when.

I know quite a few of you have been asking this question, so apologies for not replying to every one – busy times!

great to hear :) the blog becomes better and better! keep on the good work.

Don’t be nervous, fly me to E3 and i’ll give you a hand. :D

mrfight67 29 May, 2009 @ 12:53 pm   20

Oh and Iittlebigplanet PSP, thanks

loxapac 29 May, 2009 @ 12:54 pm   21

Oh and Iittlebigplanet PSP, thanks

Yes, yes, yes ! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have a good time at E3. Uncharted: Among Thieves would be the game I would be most interested to hear about, but most of all probably, I’m most interested in knowing the new stuff that Sony will reveal during E3.

I’m interested in the Metal Gear Solid 5 teasers on the Konami site.
Please please please please pleeeeease don’t let this title fall to be multiplatform. From the looks of the teaser site, letters are flashing up which make up “PS3″, “PC”, and “360″.

:S

It would be nice to know more about God of War III, Heavy Rain, MAG, Fat Princess, Battlefield (Bad Company 2 & 1943), any FF game, Home related content… maybe a bit too much? :d

lcmnick 29 May, 2009 @ 12:57 pm   25

Gran Turismo 5!!

It’s been sooo long since we’ve seen anything of it, surely PD are going to be there, right?

Right…?

PanixATK 29 May, 2009 @ 12:57 pm   26

just wondering, will there be live streaming of Sony conference here? (sorry if i missed something)

CZEŚĆ! :)

Heartsbane 29 May, 2009 @ 12:57 pm   28

Here’s hoping that E3 will be open to the public next year. I have to go! It’s a gamer’s Mecca!

Great to know that SCEE will be on the floor, filling us in. I think I’ll be glued to this PC early next week! :)

MA77_G0D 29 May, 2009 @ 12:57 pm   29

Hello James Gallagher,

I have a question regarding E3…. and Playstation Home. Recently an ‘Events’ space has opened up in Home and I was wondering whether or not Sonys E3 Press Conference will be shown via the ‘Events’ space?

- Matt -

jaferris 29 May, 2009 @ 1:00 pm   30

looking forward to seeing any new footage of God Of War 3 , Uncharted 2 , MW2 and some Dragon Age Origin looks pretty good :)

jaferris

SabbathRider 29 May, 2009 @ 1:00 pm   31

It would be cool if you could get an interview with Jack Trenton or someone else from Sony that is involved in the E3 press conference and get their thoughts on anything that has been announced.

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

Hey SabbathRider,
    I don’t know what the US blog guys have lined up, but we’ll have some great E3 interviews, both here and on eu.playstation.com, offering a European take on what happens in LA.

Killa_Cobra_ST 29 May, 2009 @ 1:00 pm   32

GT5, MW2, and Uncharted 2 are the games which I want to know more about.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time at E3.

Slim ps3 and Trico news please :)

Bearskopff 29 May, 2009 @ 1:05 pm   34

OMG! I completely forgot. Heavy Rain. I must learn more about this incredibly intriguing title. If they have a demo on display, be sure to ask for a copy of it. I need to get my hands on that game as soon as possible – despite it being pushed back, again. :D

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

How could you forget?! Don’t worry, I’ll be meeting up Quantic Dream at some point.

VitalogyPJ 29 May, 2009 @ 1:05 pm   35

Está a criar-se demasiada excitação em torno desta E3, vamos lá a ver se não sai um fiasco xD

enormhi 29 May, 2009 @ 1:05 pm   36

MAG,
Assasins Creed II,
Modern Warfare 2,
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
God of War III,
Many more I forgot.

Have fun!!

geronimo73 29 May, 2009 @ 1:06 pm   37

A lot of games they reach one thing: PlayStation 3 is better than Xbox 360 !

Anything Final Fantasy! Oh, and best of luck. I know it will be lots of hard work and very exhausting in a way. Don’t take it too far, you hear? And welcome to this blog of course, I hope to hear more from you in the future.

MobileTone 29 May, 2009 @ 1:08 pm   39

I’ve got the week off work and am looking forwards to this.

any news on the PS3 slimat E3? -hehheh-

dq2008 29 May, 2009 @ 1:09 pm   40

What’s the deal with Home? Will there be a live feed on the Presentation Podium?

WarlordKratos 29 May, 2009 @ 1:10 pm   41

Nice job you got, a all payed trip to sunny California…lucky bastard! One advice..stay out of range of Arnold Schwarzenegger. :-)

This E3 is gonna be a big one…for Sony it is. And I love it. Cant wait for al the awsome PS3 news….

daffycare 29 May, 2009 @ 1:11 pm   42

great cant wait so hyped about e3 this year

ziadoz 29 May, 2009 @ 1:13 pm   43

Hopefully we’ll find out more about the PSP-Go and PS3 Slim. Oh and some awesome games of course :P

I think you must have landed the jammiest job ever, James. :)

Smoutefretter_BE 29 May, 2009 @ 1:13 pm   44

games I’mlooking forward to:

Uncharted 2
Mafia 2
More MAG
socom fireteam bravo 3
motorstorm arctic edge

Let’s hope some new PS3 titles
e.g. Syphon filter PS3, Eight days?, Resistance 3

and the “stuff” I’m looking forward to:

PSP 2 or GO! or wathever the name will be
some footage off Vidzone
the now rumored new FW update?

With other words:
I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE E3 AND I HOPE SONY WILL KICK ASS AS WELL ON HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE!

E3′s gonna be awesome – I’m very jealous of you! After all the speculation about a new PSP, PS3 slim, etc… etc… I’m sure you’ll have some surprises in store for us. Those who read Three Speech may know that Uncharted 2 is my favourite upcoming title. It’d be great if you could let us know how that title is shaping up – hopefully there’ll be some new footage on show (and a demo maybe?) at E3. Heavy Rain is another one that I have my eye on.

Mygirlfriends 29 May, 2009 @ 1:17 pm   46

Please Sony give us a Final Fantasy VII remake!!! :(

Jerommeke 29 May, 2009 @ 1:18 pm   47

I want to go to E3 aswell. Damm you blog moderator :)

I hope you can find the time to learn/find out/spot some of the following topics :
– Vidzone (is it exclusive to EU?, when is it released?, amount of content)
– is the videostore comming to Europe?
– next firmware? (in-game chat for all those who keeps asking :))
– is PlayTV comming to more countries?
– MAG
– Heavy Rain
– Uncharted 2
– GT5
– Brik (new game of bethesda)
– upcomming features for the ps3/psp/psp2 :p
– God Of War III (no we can’t get anough :))
– MGS5 ??? Metal gear Sunny ? :p
– …

Sorry for the long list but it is all worth it. :D
Is there going to be a live feed on the blog ? or on home ?
And maybe all the conferences and not only sony’s one.

greetz from belgium,
I’ll try to be their next year.

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

I’ll definitely be getting some more VidZone info, and I’ll do my best to address the rest of your list.

Metal Gear Sunny = egg frying sim?!

TimoTheThug 29 May, 2009 @ 1:21 pm   48

Don’t worry there isn’t much that you can mess up. This blog have confirmed to me and a lot of others that Sony truly is their for the gamer. And come on look at the line up… Even if there wasn’t a new announcement this will be such a great year. The only thing though…. PSN Prepaid cards. Yes I know, tax problems and all but the Xbox does have it in Europe for some time know. Any clearification via this board would be cool.

And hey allmost forgot the Video Store lol ;)!

Thanks for the introduction and make it a fun journey !

Arwain 29 May, 2009 @ 1:22 pm   49

Nice to meet you James :).

Go for it with your camera ;).

James Gallagher 29 May, 2009 @ 5:54 pm

Nice to meet you. The camera is charged and after a good rest this weekend, I will be too!

Caemgen 29 May, 2009 @ 1:23 pm   50

Hi James,

I’m very curious about the EU Blog’s E3 coverage. I’m sure you’ll do well!

There is one thing I’d like you to ask you:
Could you please talk to someone from Sony who is involved in firmware-development when you’re at E3? There are a few things people really want to know:

• Will there ever be cross-game voicechat/partychat?
• Could it perhaps be that Skype will be added to the PS3′s XMB, just like with the PSP?
• Will there ever be voice-messages?

Thanks a lot.