Posted 12:00pm

SingStore Top 20 Chart – May

Hi all!

Some of you actually already asked for this so I hope you like it. Please allow me to introduce you to the official SingStoreTop 20 Download Chart. Tadaaa!

Evanescence - Bring me To Life

15. Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
  16. Total Eclipse Of The Heart – Bonnie Tyler
  17. Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice
  18. Eternal Flame – The Bangles
  19. I Love Rock n Roll – Britney Spears
  20. A New Day Has Come – Celine Dion

I’ll be posting these once a month for the previous month, so the next one will be in July and feature the June Top 20.

Until next week (when it’ll be the fabulous Store update week again)!

Nina
x

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

58 Comments 13 Author replies
Show oldest first
Johnboyy 15 June, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   1

Thanks! A great way to see what’s hot on SingStar!

samich2007 15 June, 2009 @ 12:41 pm   2

Thanks for listening so well to the community! Great! :)
Ow and one question will there be more new (recent) music video’s be available in the singstore in the future?

Ow and what about a coldplay songpack? :)

Thanks a lot for this list! More of these charts please.

Could I be so sneaky to ask for a small update to singstar? I know is a karaoke game and you are supposed to sing up loud, but the HDTV got this nasty delay so the feedback becomes more of an echo then a part of the music. It’s disturbing to hear your own voice hitting back

Pressing R2 does indeed reduce the volume, but its still there. I would like to remove it completely from the feedback. Pretty please?

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 12:58 pm

I shall pass it on but sadly can’t promise anything :)

Nina Scherer 16 June, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

Hi GHenrik – one of my colleagues actually told me how you can fix this today:

In options > display settings you will find ‘latency settings’ which will fix the problem you’re having. Try it – hope it works.

I’m guilty of having most of those.

Any chance of getting Bobby Darin – Beyond the Sea? :)

TimoTheThug 15 June, 2009 @ 12:51 pm   5

Hey this reminds me of the US blog posting some stats about the PSN.. Could you guys post some stats like:

- Most played online game
- Most bought PSN Game
- Top Downloads

etc…

Maybe going even further of montly trophies collected… Since a lot of PS3 owners are stat-whores, including my self this might be a nice addition to the blog posts

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 1:00 pm

Hi – that would be something for the guys from the PSN Store so maybe nudge them on their blog posts?

“ain’t no sunshiiiine when sheeeee’s goooone, duum, duum, duum”. It should be number 1!

smokeypsd 15 June, 2009 @ 1:13 pm   7

Come on ppl, we need apocalyptica up on those charts!!!!

I am a bit of a fan… haha

How about Singstar introducing some Tool to the Online store????? No…………..O well

Thanks for the response Nina. So what is the future for singstar themes? I haven’t bought any of them since they cost as much as a song. I don’t think I’m alone when it comes to that. How about cutting the price in half a week and see how the consumers reacts?

(Foo Fighters – Best of you)

Arkeologen 15 June, 2009 @ 1:43 pm   10

Is the Top 20 chart for the whole of EU or UK only?
Any countries that are not included?

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 1:59 pm

Hey – this is actually the global chart – songs the whole world is going crazy for :)

TimoTheThug 15 June, 2009 @ 1:48 pm   11

Thanks Nina! I really would like to give my feedback to those guys, especially to the ones that take care for the Dutch PS Store… noticed some mistakes they made with spelling words etc.

Tried it via the helpdesk but they didn’t care about my feedback, so thumbs crossed that the EU blog will help me (us) out

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 2:04 pm

Do you want to give me some details? We actually take care of all the stores from here and unfortunately sometimes things can slip through. I’ll try and rectify anything where possible.

eresnes82 15 June, 2009 @ 2:03 pm   12

My most wanted feature:

-be able to store songs from discs on the hard drive

(like you can do in Rock Band)

I have a library of 300 songs on Rock Band vs 50 on Singstar

Its such a hassle to change disc

Psicojacorral 15 June, 2009 @ 2:18 pm   13

Britney Spears!!

Kyo_Daikun 15 June, 2009 @ 2:23 pm   14

When is lady gaga coming to the store Nina?

Severn2j 15 June, 2009 @ 2:31 pm   15

I think the chart shows a demand for more rock songs on the SingStore.. Pearl Jam would be a great addition, imo, they have some classic tracks, as would Tool (as mentioned by someone a few posts up).

Do you guys do requests? ;)

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 3:05 pm

Believe it or not, all your requests have never been and will never be ignored :)

smokeypsd 15 June, 2009 @ 2:33 pm   16

Tool, now that would be unreal, I just never thought it’d even have a chance at all of ending up on the store. But then, i thought that about apocalyptica too, kudos seriously for getting i dont care on it, more apocalyptica would be fantastic too.

TUCKA4EVA 15 June, 2009 @ 2:34 pm   17

Whys there no likin park on singstore :(, come on get some up

Hasquarl 15 June, 2009 @ 2:48 pm   18

Wow, thanks Nina. That’s a really nifty idea. It’s always good to see what’s popular. I could be accused of having quite a few of those songs.

Also, Red Hot Chili Peppers please. :P

Tntnnbltn 15 June, 2009 @ 3:04 pm   19

Hey Nina,

Thanks for listening to my feedback last week and getting a Top 20 list implemented so fast. It’s excellent having feedback like this through the PS Blog. :D

StalkingSilence 15 June, 2009 @ 3:05 pm   20

Love the new feature! Also love “Ain’t No Sunshine” good pick to everyone worldwide!

TimoTheThug 15 June, 2009 @ 3:24 pm   21

Well Nina are you talking about the SingStore or PS Store… I don’t know how it is now (I’ll have to check) But when you are browsing games in sections namely Family etc. there used to be two different pictures but with the same section name, plus one word was spelled wrong..

Further more there still isn’t no search option and no ‘demo’ section which we all adore in the US store… for more tips I’ll have 2 take a look so tell me and i’m off :p

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 3:29 pm

Ah yes, looks like I am talking about the SingStore in game and you are talking about the PSN Store. I can see if can pass it on to anyone here.

Hope the helpdesk get back to you, too.

TimoTheThug 15 June, 2009 @ 3:31 pm   22

That would be lovely, they should have all my info since I called them on several occasions. And Nina really thank you, since I give a lot of feedback and you are one of the few who really reply’s and shows that you care! Mad respect D:!

Darkos87 15 June, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   23

I have no.14 and no. 16 :) Can we have some coldplay and the script songs please?

sorakingdom2 15 June, 2009 @ 3:39 pm   24

Sweet songs, by the way, i would like to know when FF7 was coming to the french PSStore, because we are still waiting for it….

Nina Scherer 15 June, 2009 @ 3:51 pm

Sorry I can’t help you with this one. I look after the SingStore so do try and get in touch with my colleages on their PSN Store blog posts.

sorakingdom2 15 June, 2009 @ 3:55 pm   25

Okay thank you :p

Vraiages 15 June, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   26

I’ve bought a lot of songs on singstore (something like 50+), but i’m disappointed about choice.

A lot of artists haven’t their number’s one song available for example.

Just one example, “coldplay” hasn’t got “viva la vida” ?????

For the french singstore, same here, there’s a lot of recent french artists we want, like Julien Doré, calogero, and we haven’t got any, or a few, and not the best songs…

I see you’ve got a better choice in the all-new “Vidzone” app. Did it means, we can hope to see some songs coming because of it ?

Croopnick_PL 15 June, 2009 @ 4:20 pm   27

I’d love to see some 2pac songs.
Ghetto Gospel or Changes–it would be great!

Smoutefretter_BE 15 June, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   28

charts yeey :D

you know what would be a great feature, if you can download songs from vidzone to use them in singstar!

That could be a BIG feature. When vidzone is available in every EU country. Great match no?

I Love the top 20. But no Depeche mode in it, come on, start downloading everyone!
Anyway, just wanted to say the servers are no good. Often I’m not able to up or download content.

jelly_bean 15 June, 2009 @ 4:46 pm   30

Hi Nina. First of all I’d like to congratulate you about the last updates… There are some great singers appearing in the Singstore lately (Roxette, Pet Shop Boys, Evanescence, Britney Spears and etc). How about implementing an online duet mode? I have a lot of friends overseas that I would like to sing with. And one more thing, when are you going to release a Singstar disc with divas from nowadays such as PCD, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus? Thanks ;)

Interesting feature. I’m guilty of a 1/4 of that list lol. Keep up with all the hard work :D

Huggles
Vhari x

vonhammer 15 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   32

Don’t know how many times i’ve nearly got the game,but I never know which one to buy.

When we will see Polish songs in SingStore? There are some in VidZone already.

RagingWhisky 15 June, 2009 @ 5:15 pm   34

@Nina

[JohnSketch]

Can I have a free copy of the game + a packet of jaffa cakes and a “fridge 10 pack” of Diet Coke please =)

get2sammyb 15 June, 2009 @ 5:24 pm   35

Good grief! Evanescence!??

How about some Singstar Extras? I really hoped to see some Extras announcements at the E3. How disappointing…

TimoTheThug 15 June, 2009 @ 5:47 pm   37

@ 27 Yeah 2Pac would be great… maybe even DMX while we are talking about Ain’t no sunshine ;)!

msetten 15 June, 2009 @ 6:08 pm   38

Great addition for the SingStar community!

By the way, Nina, did the SingStar team every got my e-mail that I sent via Rob Rutter regarding Mary Black? Besides being a SingStar fan, I also maintain the official website of one of Irelands biggest female singers Mary Black. I showed her SingStar some time ago and she thought it would me great to have some or her songs in there.

P.S. I also loved the Sarah McLachlan song in the store, so I hope you can make more songs of her available.

MobileTone 15 June, 2009 @ 6:21 pm   39

SingStar makes the poor kittens cry.

Tntnnbltn 15 June, 2009 @ 6:45 pm   40

Hey guys,

Just in reply to some of the comments everyone has been making about VidZone… The VidZone service is managed by VidZone Digital Media, a third-party company that is not owned or operated by Sony Computer Entertainment. The London Studio SingStar team don’t have anything to do with it’s operation. :)

JordanBlack68 15 June, 2009 @ 7:16 pm   41

Yeah, would be cool to see more stats :)

CJSgamer 15 June, 2009 @ 9:54 pm   42

Give me some Josh Pyke!

Silent_Gig 15 June, 2009 @ 10:55 pm   43

Oh nina, you make my heart beat faster :3
Keep on doing that lovely work you do

Haha, Stacy’s Mom! I remember that video.

Rachel Hunter…mm :p

xscapeguy2007 16 June, 2009 @ 12:47 am   45

Hi Nina,

Asked this one before, but as The King of POP is going to start his THIS IS IT tour do you think we will see a full blown Singstar KOP disc? possibly some songpacks to start us off like in Take Thats!!

This guy has broken every music record going it is without a doubt he should be featured lots more on Singstar

Terry

Nina Scherer 16 June, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

We’d love to do that, too but sometimes it’s just not possible for many reasons which I will not bore you with on here :)

BUT – as always, everyone here is contantly working to get things like this on the store in future so keep on hopin’!

I would never guess any of this top20!

I would really appreciate to have “One More Time – Daft Punk” in the Singstore, which is already on the French Singstar, so you guys don’t need to work the song, it’s already made!!! Pleaseeeeeeeeee

Ginger_Kid_2000 16 June, 2009 @ 10:40 am   47

Thats cool

thanks

thenextbutton 16 June, 2009 @ 11:57 am   48

Superb thanks for the info.

BenX42316 16 June, 2009 @ 1:07 pm   49

any chance of more elvis presley songs to the singstore nina?

xscapeguy2007 16 June, 2009 @ 1:21 pm   50

Thanks Nina!

Well here is hoping , something very soon HEY!

Terry

Nina,
I’m impressed at how you’ve answered so many of the questions posted here. I hope you will answer mine :)
Why have there been no hip-hop / rap downloadable tracks released for Singstar? Is Sony secretly working on a “Rapstar” game? If not then can we have some rap on there please? If I’m gonna make a drunken fool of myself doing a Singstar performance with my friends then I at least want to do it in style, murdering one of Eminems latest records! :)

Mamoulian 16 June, 2009 @ 7:57 pm   52

Oo cool.
Evanescence takes top spot, AND gets 5th for a song that only came out on 28th May – thats a lot in 3 days!

Better get some more Metal out then!! :-)

How about:
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Apocalyptica – S.O.S.
Him – Wicked Game
Rammstein
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Skunk Anansie
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Californication
Nickelback – Rock Star

PanixATK 16 June, 2009 @ 9:56 pm   53

gosh, EU playstation blog is getting better every seconds.

better than my homemade lemon cake.

Any chance of more songs from the US charts for those of us that are NOT in the European Union e.g. New Zealand / Australia. Even if you just included most of the PS2 songs for Singstore download that would be a great help!

I can say that amongst my 25 year old peeps, we haven’t a clue on 80% of the artists and songs on the Singstore. R&B is sorely lacking and so is non-euro POP sadly.

And also, my Asian friends have always wondered why there is no Chinese version of Singstar, they willingly pay up to $20/hour every weekend to go to karoake!

Hi Nia,
Last update was great.
Any chance of getting some more italian music like Eros Rammazotti, older Vasco Rossi songs, Ricchi E’ Poveri, etc.
Us italians in Australia would love it!

Thanks

saintaqua 17 June, 2009 @ 4:57 pm   56

I have most of those that are available in the US, please bring the rest over too!

PUMA----MATTEO 20 June, 2009 @ 7:46 am   57

Hi Nina, finally we can talk with a real person!!!! ehehehe
Sorry for my bad english, but I’m italian..
I would ask if you can put these songs into the singstore:
Aerosmith – I don’t wanna miss a thing
Katy Perry – Hot’n’Cold / I kissed a girl
Aleisha Dixon – The boy does nothing
MIKA’s songs
Queen – Somebody to love (but with duet version: one sing Freddie and the other one sing Queen)

But especially all the italian users hope in more italian songs!!

Singstar has only sell discs with italian songs, but in the singstore it puts only songs already presents in the discs…

If you put in the singstore for example Baglioni, Ramazzotti, Giorgia, Zarrillo’s songs we buy them at all!!!

Thanks for listening!

Last question: I have changed my PS3 for the second time because my old consoles died… Between the first and the second I waited three months to can redownload my songs… How can I redownload them in less time? I call often Sony but they say to me that they have sent the request to London Studios and they can’t do any other thing.

Hi all by a big Singstar fan!!!

LoveDoctor 20 June, 2009 @ 2:18 pm   58

I would thinking actually being able to see this TOP20 in the SingStore.

As for songs: Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson and Guns ‘n Roses

And what about more EU releases: Doe Maar, Het goeie doel, Frans Bouwer are Dutch popular artists. Also the classic 80′s sound of Neue Deutsche Welle would be great!