Posted 18 June

PlayStation Store Update – 18th June 2009

After last Thursday’s mammoth update to the PlayStation Store, things have calmed down a little this week, so if you missed any of the great content from Thursday 11th June, or the previous weeks, then this could be a good opportunity for you to catch up.

Here’s what we have available on the Store this week, please scroll down for more.

Add-On Game Content

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – Jester Signature Livery Pack (free)
Another exclusive livery pack to customise your vehicle with, available for a limited time only; hurry if you want to download this free pack before it’s gone.
PEGI 12+

Guitar Hero: World Tour
PEGI 12+
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks from Ben Harper available to download:

• Ben Harper Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)
  • Fly One Time by Ben Harper (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Number with No Name by Ben Harper (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Shimmer and Shine by Ben Harper (£1.59/€1.99)

Rock Band
PEGI 12+
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection of Evanescence and Spinal Tap content to download:

• Bring Me Back to Life by Evanescence (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Call Me When You’re Sober by Evanescence (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Weight of the World by Evanescence (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Evanescence Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Back from the Dead by Spinal Tap (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Rock ‘N’ Roll Nightmare by Spinal Tap (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Saucy Jack by Spinal Tap (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Warmer than Hell by Spinal Tap (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Spinal Tap Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£4.99/€7.99)

Videos (free)

• inFAMOUS Behind The Scenes Technology Trailer
  • Assassin’s Creed 2 Commented Gameplay Trailer
  • Mini Ninjas Hiro Vignette
  • MotorStorm Pacific Rift Speed Trailer
  • Inferno Pool Trailer

Themes & Wallpapers (free)

Assassin’s Creed 2 Wallpaper

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

506 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

awesome demos.

Oh wait

JohnnyCullenBUP 18 June, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   2

Where’s Metal Gear Solid? ¬_¬

tutchmedia 18 June, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   3

Wheres Fat Princess?

jaferris 18 June, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   4

wow where’s is the rest of the content :(
thought metal gear sold ps1 was being released today !! ??

wardragon989 18 June, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   5

Wow its lacking a bit huh?

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Unfortunately there is a lull in the release schedule this week, there is lots of content on it’s way though in the coming weeks, it will pick up I promise.

inmykingdom 18 June, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   6

Hmm, not that much of an update if you ask me.

LOL… no content but will still spend, who can resist Spinal Tap on Rock Band… the game was built for that!

And Fat Princess? :| Stop upload those useless things and give us FP!

I thought we’d catch up with stuff that has been appearing on the US store for the past few weeks.

br_steph 18 June, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   10

Where is FFVII in french ??!

Diablo_Rosso 18 June, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   11

Where’s MGS1?

tealcsg1 18 June, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   12

Nothing special

Cookiepooh 18 June, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   13

Where’s the demo of Ghosbusters ? You said it will be released before the game is released ?
Or is it too blurry ?

vinocval 18 June, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   14

Where is Final Fantasy VII in French???

john7doe_ 18 June, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   15

um isn’t the Sackboy druid out this week?
really want that beard

Ikkarus 18 June, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   16

This has got to be one of the weakest PSN updates for a long time.

Looks like I will have to hopefully look forward to playing Fat Princess next week.

Thanks for information though.

Might get a couple of Rock Band tracks today, as well as the MotorStorm Livery.

-Ad-

Reidzer-1314 18 June, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   18

Nothing of interest to be honest.

Will Monster Hunter Freedom Unite see a download release when it comes out?

SolidusDave 18 June, 2009 @ 12:14 pm   20

Where is the addon AND Trophy-Patch for The Last Guy?! It is already out in japanese and US Stores…

I will never buy a PAL PSN game again (and buy from US-Store instead) if you ditch it as you did with Blast Factor Trophy-Update and Dark Mist Update&Addon.

I guess the great echochrome 1.02 Update won’t hit for PAL-Version today, too?

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:16 pm

I have been informed that the add-on and trophy patch are coming to the EU, I don’t have a concrete date as yet, but they will be released, and hopefulyl sooner rather than later.

unitedkronos 18 June, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   21

No Metal Gear Solid PSone Classic? No LittleBigPlanet content? No demos? It’s plainly lacking, I hope it’s better next week.

Hellblazer 18 June, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   22

Can you get us some info on the trophy patches for Last guy and Blast Factor please.

cheers

FFVII in french ??? Metal Gear Solid 1 in French ??? Resident Evil Director’s Cut in French ??? How long still shall we have to wait for these games so wished?

European users are always the served last ones. The rumbling discontent rises again and again.

Erroneus 18 June, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   24

#21 It’s only fair the EU gets lesser content, after all we do pay more, after SCEE has inflated the price. 1 $ is not 1€ and 1$ is NOT 10 DKR (it’s 5,3).

Stud_Kick_Ass 18 June, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   25

What a load of crap!

Why do EU/AU/NZ ALWAYS miss out?

WHERE THE HELL IS METAL GEAR SOLID LIKE PROMISED!!!!!!

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

There has been no confirmed release date for MGS onto the EU store, and we have not previously promised this game was to release this week. I understand that this is a game a lot of users want, but as soon as we have some news, you’ll all be informed. Thanks

TheSabreman 18 June, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   26

Thanks for the update.

Time to give SCEA money as SCEE don’t want it.

br_steph 18 June, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   27

Where is Final Fantasy VII in french ? thanks !

xKillerMonkeyx 18 June, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   28

Hmmm was expecting Bomberman. Also thought there was a free LBP costume.

@Erroneus : I’m completely agree with that you said. It is pitiful to be treated as a purse and not as a customer.

Dutch_Rootsman 18 June, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   30

So Mike, any chance you can approach Konami and obtain a solid release date for Metal Gear Solid?

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:24 pm

We are looking into this now, and as soon as someone tells me I can confirm any information once we get some I will update you all.

Suzzopher 18 June, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   31

Oh my what a terrible update lol

So America got Bomberman last week, where is ours? America is getting Metal Gear Solid today where is ours? Seriously SCEE are a joke.

Whilst it’s quiet why not see if there’s any of the launch games you might have missed: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/06/18/psn-the-first-10-games/

zephyr34 18 June, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   33

I don’t still see FFVII in French, I hope we’re not going to wait one week more …

Silent_Gig 18 June, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   34

What! wheres my NUMBLAST >:/

Suzzopher 18 June, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   35

Going to have to buy an American points card today and buy some games. Was hoping to play Bomberman tonight and maybe some Metal Gear Solid so off to ebay I go.

Linconan 18 June, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   36

Wheres Ghostbusters demo?
…*sigh.

Damn, i was hoping to get my hands on it before release.
Oh well, better luck next time guys.

Gambe1984 18 June, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   37

little disappointed this week considering the mammoth 2 weeks america got, we miss out on bomberman and MGS :( not a happy bunny

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

We did have two great weeks previously too I hope you’ll agree, but I appreciate that this week is a slow one for content.

[DELETED]?!?!… where’s Bomberman Ultra, Metal Gear Solid and Fat Princess?

SCEE, please get your act together!

Suzzopher 18 June, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   39

Can someone answer this question please?

When Jack Tretton promised 50 PSone games for PSN did he mean America only? As 50 games for the rest of the year would have been 2 a week and we have had one in four weeks.

Certainly the best update so far.

TheNarrator 18 June, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   41

the liveries are cool to have, be picking up that for sure. not the biggest update, but theres always going to be weeks like that, still some nice stuff in there though (mini ninjas ftw).

although maybe you could have taken a game from last week and plopped it in this week instead, as understandably some people see having bulging-full updates one week and not-so-full ones the week after as a bit inconsistant.

ok ok, im just a little sad theres no Bomberman… but theres always next week :D.

smokeypsd 18 June, 2009 @ 12:29 pm   42

rofl @ aat08

Stud_Kick_Ass 18 June, 2009 @ 12:29 pm   43

Hello Nofi(from the SixthAxis I presume), I’m sure that most of us don’t really want Launch titles. Most of us already have them and we’ve been told that we’re getting new games and that seems to not be the case here.

Why does the US store get all these great updates on a weekly basis and we miss out every week?

In the AU store, we still don’t have WORMS!! Worms that was released over a month ago in the US store.

Sasukekun 18 June, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   44

You’re joking right?
Tell me you’re joking?
Why does the US store get all the decent stuff early while we wait like plebs?

I know this isn’t your issue, but I’m moving house in a week and wont have broadband for 4 weeks. So, I’ll be missing it when Fat Princess, Bomberman and MGS finally hit.

Come on Sony EU, my PS3 can play US Blu Rays, so what’s the problem with launching US content at the same time as the EU content?
Why are us EU consumers being treated like second class citizens?

It’s a joke I tell you.

Mr_Affluenza 18 June, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   45

No Fat Princess makes me sad…

This week is a lame week…only the livery pack to look forward to…meh.

@Stud_Kick_Ass – Hi. You can’t expect stacks of titles every week though, the EU Store updates have been fantastic for the last few months, one quieter week won’t kill anyone and at the team at the EU Blog are aware it’s a quieter one and let us know nice and early – go buy Ghostbusters or something, seriously. :)

Balflearspgc 18 June, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   47

No fat princess neither MGS :/

Suzzopher 18 June, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   48

@ Mike Kebby. Yeah we did have a couple of good weeks but why do we get left behind by SCEA? Microsoft treat the 360 in Europe and America the same. Why are we always left out? Why can’t you say if and when we are getting games like Metal Gear Solid, Bomberman, Fat Princess and Battlefield 1943? Is it too much to ask to be notified in advance of what we are getting? We wouldn’t moan if we knew in advance to expect nothing

Mike Kebby 18 June, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

All valid points – the problem with announcing release dates for titles, is that there is always the chance that these dates are pushed back for whatever reason. Whilst I have dates for content that is forthcoming the last thing I want to do is announce these, build up anticipation for such titles, and then upset everyone if these titles don’t release on time.

RastaDon 18 June, 2009 @ 12:32 pm   49

Been wanting to ask this for a while, but will we ever be getting Crash Bandicoot 2 added back to the store? All of the other PS1 Crash games are there, and Crash 2 was there for about a week or something and then it was removed.

Also is there any chnace of Europe getting MGS1 soon? Would love to be able to play it on my PSP.

RadioactiveMouse 18 June, 2009 @ 12:32 pm   50

No Fat Princess! :O

I spose that kinda puts a downer on the Fat Princess Release Community Event I had planned eh ? :(

There’s plenty of games coming….just after everyone goes away on holiday :D

Load all