Posted 12:02pm

SingStore Update – Thursday, 25 June 2009

Hi all,

Welcome to the new SingStore update! So, I’m really excited about one thing in particular: the brand new and exclusive Take That SongPack is arriving in the SingStore this week! Yay!

If that doesn’t tickle your vocal chords, why not check out the rest of the tunes on offer below including three top singles by Blur and classic 80s musical fare from Adam & The Ants.

SingStar PS3 - Adam & The Ants, Stand and Deliver

SingStar PS3 - Blur, There's No Other Way

Plus, our Finnish, French and Portuguese speaking friends can also get their respective parties going with some tracks from artists such as Neon 2, Grégoire and Da Weasel.

SingStar PS3 - Neon 2, Tassa Talossa

SingStar PS3 - Gregoire, Toi + Moi

Last but not least, patch 4.10 is being released on Tuesday, 30th June, adding Polish language support and a fix for the friends bug that was reported by the community – so you’ll be able to view all your friends again now!

Enjoy and see you again in a couple of weeks’ time.

Nina

• All Unsaid
  • Don’t Crush Me
  • Everything and More
  • I Would Stay
  • You San Say

In English:

• Adam & The Ants – “Kings Of The Wild Frontier”
  • Adam & The Ants – “Stand and Deliver”
  • Blur – “Beetlebum”
  • Blur – “Charmless Man”
  • Blur – “There’s No Other Way”
  • Calvin Harris – “I’m Not Alone”
  • Charles and Eddie – “Would I Lie To You”
  • John Farnham – “Pressure Down”
  • John Farnham – “Two Strong Hearts”
  • Krezip – “All Unsaid”
  • Krezip – “Don’t Crush Me”
  • Krezip – “Everything And More”
  • Krezip – “I Would Stay”
  • Krezip – “You Can Say”
  • Moriarty – “Jimmy “
  • P!nk – “Leave Me Alone (I’m Lonely)”
  • P!nk – “So What”
  • Paul McCartney – “Coming Up”
  • Pet Shop Boys – “I Get Along”
  • Pet Shop Boys – “Single Bilingual”
  • Jones And The Dap-Kings – “100 Days, 100 Nights”
  • Angels – “No Secrets”
  • Poodles – “Seven Seas”
  • The Poodles – “Streets Of Fire”
  • The Rasmus – “Livin’ In A World Without You “
  • US5 – “In The Club”
  • US5 – “Just Because of You”
  • US5 – “Mama”
  • US5 – “Maria”
  • US5 – “Rhythm of Life”
  • Wings – “Silly Love Songs”

In Finnish:

• Neon 2 – “Tässä Talossa”

In French:

• Cali – “Je M’en Vais”
  • Grégoire – “Toi + Moi”

In Portuguese:

• Adriana Calcanhotto – “Fico Assim Sem Você”
  • Da Weasel – “Casa (Vem Fazer De Conta)”

SingStar PS3 - Calvin Harris, I'm Not AloneSingStar PS3 - US5, Mama

SingStar PS3 - The Poodles, Street of fireSingStar PS3 - Adriana Calcanhotto, Fico Assim Sem Voce

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

86 Comments 21 Author replies
Show oldest first

Tntnnbltn 22 June, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   1

Thanks Nina. Great to some more Pink songs on the store — will definitely pick up “Leave Me Alone”. Maybe some Calvin Harris too. Ooh, and John Farnham! :D

Will SingStore updates be announced regularly on Mondays from now on? Every few months the usual announcement day seems to change. :P

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Hi – glad you like a few :)

We’ll certainly be trying to keep this update going up on a Monday from now on.

PaInYbOi 22 June, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   2

# Blur – “Beetlebum”
# Blur – “Charmless Man”
# Blur – “There’s No Other Way”

Just amazing!

I see Blur live last night and they were awesome!

Looking forward to getting these songs :)

Blur really are awesome live! :D

I don’t play this game myself, but its great to see a game so well supported with updates.

PortugasPanelas 22 June, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   4

From portuguese songs, any chance of Legiao Urbanas? Their label is EMI, so I know it’s possible :)

mooks_fanboy 22 June, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   5

When is that extra Coldplay stuff dropping? Can’t wait to get drunk and boot up Singstar again. It’s always interesting to see what you’ve bought on the previous night’s drunken SingSpree.

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 12:45 pm

Soon, my friend, soon…

I’d also be quite interested to see what you bought last time:)

YobRenoops 22 June, 2009 @ 12:53 pm   6

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Charles and Eddie – Would I Lie to you. This has just generated an instant Singstar Party round mine next week! SCORE!

No Your the Voice by John Farnham? Are you teasing us?

….more erasure (he whispers)

YobRenoops 22 June, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   7

Also, seeing as I’ve got you here.

Any news whatsoever about getting UMG artists on the Singstore? Please? The silence is a bit deafening. I will keep annoying you until I get an answer.

daffycare 22 June, 2009 @ 1:08 pm   8

pink and take that my wife’s going to be happy

Tntnnbltn 22 June, 2009 @ 1:08 pm   9

One more thing, Nina. :)

Every song I have on SingStar follows the same capitalisation scheme (every first letter is a capital) except for two titles…
* Evermore – “It’s too late”
* Metro Station – “Shake it”

Is this something which is possible to fix retroactively via a game patch, or even just fix for new downloads? It’s annoying having all the titles the same except for two. :P

(Oh, and I full-heartedly support YobRenoops’ vote for “You’re The Voice”)

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 2:13 pm

Ah, even we here at SingStar are not perfect, you see. I’ll see what can be done…

tetsuwwwww 22 June, 2009 @ 1:14 pm   10

Oasis >___<

samich2007 22 June, 2009 @ 1:18 pm   11

Hi!

Great update! Great to see more music coming from artists from the Netherlands! Great Song pack! But will we see more music from artists from the Netherlands in the future?

And also Calvin Harris with ‘I’m Not Alone’ great song! But how do we need to sing this song:P

samich2007 22 June, 2009 @ 1:23 pm   12

Ow and another thing :P
I was thinking about SingStar, and thought what would be really cool to do in this game.
So I thought maby it is cool if we can battle each other via internet. And also a party system. So for example I’m in Holland, playing SingStar with friends, and Someone in the UK is doing that two. And We can battle each other. So you see each other via the cam, and see the scores. It would be cool if there can be some kind of online mode in SingStar (and not only uploading video’s).

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

I agree, that would be great. Maybe someday you’ll get your wish.

MairusuPawa 22 June, 2009 @ 1:25 pm   13

Still completely unsatisfied with the game’s updates. It has been months I have not bought anything from the Singstore and it looks like this trend will keep going.

Oh, note to the Singstar team: please, do not forget about modern metal and hard rock. I’m still waiting for some Apulanta, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Amorphis, Edguy, Children of Bodom, Firewind, Kamelot, In Flames, All That Remains, Within Temptation, Therion, Avantasia, Tarot, Shade Empire, Gorefest, Sturm und Drang, Battlelore, Rhapsody of Fire, Stratovarius… your pick.

And for french songs, please, do consider Eiffel ( http://www.eiffelnews.com/ )!

Are there any plans for a downloadable Sing Star on PSN shop, with say 10 songs or something like that?
I mean most song are bought from within Sing Star anyhow.
It would be so much easier than using the disc, also a couple of friends has borrowed my copy of Sing Star and bought their own music (since that can’t be shared) and I think they would be more inclined to buy a cheaper version with less included songs from the PSN store.

YobRenoops 22 June, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   15

@Nina Scherer

Glad to hear I could never annoy you, but you still don’t answer the question at all? And remember, a “No Comment” doesn’t count!

Bilbo_bobbins 22 June, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   16

Cool Blur and Take That for my girlfriend, she will love that.

Nina, any chance of some more Chase and Dave, me and my mates are loving Rabbit, but we need more please.

Gertcha and Wont Stop Talking would be treat of the year.

PLease please please please Nina :)

craigiversen 22 June, 2009 @ 2:13 pm   17

Great stuff, love Blur. You’ve almost put their whole dvd on, lol. Please keep up the Coldplay stuff too if you can. I only have two questions, please answer them if you can.

1. Will the Paul McCartney stuff continue to filter out as it has been for a bit longer?
2. Will Muse ever make a Singstar appearance? Even if all you can tell me is that efforts are being made or not?

Thanks in advance if you answer me. :)

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 5:23 pm

Possibly more MCCartney but not too sure about Muse at this stage, sorry! Hope this helps a little…

Tntnnbltn 22 June, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   18

(Re: Nina’s reply) Thanks! :D

hi as a new customer to singstar and also someone who is tone deaf could you include a VOCAL TRAINER which allows you to practice scales and key changes etc as a free download on singstore extras please

Awesome update! Any chance of more Kings of Convenience, or some Whitest Boy Alive coming to the store?

YobRenoops 22 June, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   21

@newi

I think thats a great idea acutally. Would really help some of the people I know with no idea of tone!

Hasquarl 22 June, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   22

Yay another update. I’m always holding out for these.

Also, you probably get tired of song requests, Nina, but we need some Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse happening.

Thanks.

StalkingSilence 22 June, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   23

Great post – not so great content for me this week, but glad to see these being put up officially.

antz1970 22 June, 2009 @ 3:35 pm   24

nice update this week team , i was watching some adam ant/adam and the ants stuff on vidzone the other day and thinking to myself that i would love some of their stuff on singstar , and lo and behold, you read my mind lol ,i second one of the earlier comments , i would love some oasis DLC(or maybe a singstar oasis disc even) , also how about some more stuff from “the cure” , keep up the good work ,after a very bumpy start it seems finally that singstar ps3 is going places :D

My PS3 drive died.
who do i need to contact when i get a new PS3 for my Singstar licences?

Nina Scherer 22 June, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear that – let me investigate.

Nina Scherer 23 June, 2009 @ 5:07 pm

Turns out MairusuPawa below is spot on. You will have to call the SONY number provided with your PS3.

MairusuPawa 22 June, 2009 @ 4:00 pm   26

@Chrizs

Happened to me too, had to download again about a hundreds and fifty tracks one by one. Wasn’t too enjoyable.

You have to contact Sony using the numbers provided in your games’ leaflets (last page). Be prepared to wait though : it took me more than 2 months to get my virtual licence back.

sousas_79 22 June, 2009 @ 4:17 pm   27

Finally you released Adriana Calcanhotto – “Fico Assim Sem Você” in the Singstore. Although it was in the PS2 Singstar DVDs, I’m a lazy bastard and I don’t like to swap discs :P

cal-1991 22 June, 2009 @ 4:33 pm   28

Will the Take That songs also be on the forthcoming SingStar Take That?

dazman5000 22 June, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   29

Charles and Eddie ftw! This was my favourite song when I was young, really really happy to see it appear on the Singstore! I’ll probably get Beetlebum by Blur as well.

These updates are working out well for me. I think i’m approaching 150 downloads at this stage.

Thanks Singstar team!

VincentVendetta 22 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   30

Nope, nothing here. Sorry but I often got accused of getting songs that nobody really knows, and as much as I want to sing “Stand and Deliver” (Burnout Paradise baby!), I’ll have to pass.

Yup. UMG artists please :D

JordanBlack68 22 June, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   32

Pretty cool update.

Hi again Nina!

I want to show you my wishlist for next updates;

Air – All I Need
Goldfrapp – Ride A White Horse
Kylie – Slow
Massive Attack – Protection
Roisin Murphy – Overpowered
Visage – Fade To Grey

I will post more tracks in the upcoming updates, thanks and see you soon.

Hi Nina,
Any chance of any Greek artists (singing in Greek)? The Greek community is one of the most neglected when it comes to PS3 (no native language support etc., very high hardware and software prices) It’d be a great show of faith if we could have a couple of decent Greek tunes, maybe Sakis or some others. Any chance, please….;-)

saintaqua 22 June, 2009 @ 6:37 pm   35

Hope I’m not being a pest.
Is it possible to get some stuff from:
Sarah Brightman
Imogene Heap
Jewel
Jack’s Mannequin
Pretenders
More from the Killers, Cold Play, Delta Goodrem
Anything from Japan?!

Thanks for your time getting us these updates.

Nina Scherer 23 June, 2009 @ 10:12 am

Hey – no, it’s nice to see you’re all excited about the new content on the SingStore and want to see even more.

Unfortunately, I can’t reply to all of you who are posting wishlists here so I hope you all read this:

I can assure you is that most of what you’re asking for is already on one of our massive wishlists and some will have a better chance making it onto the store in the near future than others, for reasons I won’t even begin to bore you with.

Keep on wishin’ though – it’s nice to know we’re on the same wavelenghth when it comes to songs you’d like to see on there :)

Darkos87 22 June, 2009 @ 7:36 pm   36

Great move releasing take that songs during their tour, went to their Sunderland show, twas amazing!

YobRenoops 22 June, 2009 @ 7:40 pm   37

@Nina

Please stop being so coy and answer the question about UMG artists!

Yodelking 22 June, 2009 @ 7:55 pm   38

@Nina
Any chance of seeing:
R.E.M. – Shiny Happy People
R.E.M. – The One I Love
Limahl – The Never Ending Story (was available on German 80′s on PS2)
Any songs with the Beatles

Thanks!

mrfight67 22 June, 2009 @ 8:05 pm   39

Calvin Harris – “I’m Not Alone”

Thanks soo much for this. My mums getting the 2 pink songs too. Great update!

Now just We Made You – Eminem and Bonkers – Dizzee Rascal and id be a very happy boy :)

MobileTone 22 June, 2009 @ 8:07 pm   40

how about some mighty SAXON! soon

Its2BuzzAR 22 June, 2009 @ 8:15 pm   41

What are the chances of any of the following titles being offered in the U. S. SingStore? All of them are from previous PS2 releases in the U. K.

“Like a Virgin”

“Livin’ La Vida Loca”

“Y. M. C. A.”

“I Think We’re Alone Now”

“9 to 5″

“1985″

“Blue Suede Shoes”

“Rocket Man”

“Achy Breaky Heart”

“All Out of Love”

“Black Velvet”

“Amazed”

“If I Could Turn Back Time”

“Can’t Fight the Moonlight”

“Alone”

“Africa”

“Broken Wings”

“Kyrie”

“Kung Fu Fighting”

“Dancing in the Street”

“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”

“Stop in the Name of Love”

CJSgamer 22 June, 2009 @ 9:02 pm   42

Uhhh……..Josh Pyke Please?

Pure_Mind_Games 22 June, 2009 @ 11:44 pm   43

I’d love to see: The pouges(sp?) Fairytale of New York and Stan Bush – The Touch, to name a couple, don’t wanna name any more because I’ve not been on it for a while and chances are they may be up.

petros_88 23 June, 2009 @ 2:27 am   44

Blur and Calvin Harris ??

thanks :D

toyospares 23 June, 2009 @ 3:32 am   45

I have looked on the Singstore and don’t see any of these updates. I’m from Australia does that make a difference?
Would love to see some Boyzone, Beatles, Michael Jackson (one song is not enough)

Lostee48 23 June, 2009 @ 7:10 am   46

Hi I was just wondering if you were putting any of my favourite artists on the singstore any time soon:

Hilary Duff
Jack’s Mannequin
Lady Gaga
Beyonce
More of Lily Allen
The Script
Pussycat Dolls

Thanks

mrfight67 23 June, 2009 @ 7:45 am   47

It’s not out till Thursday 25th June.

Lostee48 23 June, 2009 @ 8:56 am   48

I was also wondering, is another disney singstar possibly on the way?

geronimo73 23 June, 2009 @ 9:25 am   49

Italian songs are ever more far from SingStar.
Please add more italian songs ! ^_^

cheers

I want Duffy :) and of course some songs from my country (Poland). Can you tell Nina if there is any chance?

Load all