Posted 2:03pm

PSN On eu.playstation.com – New Features Coming Soon

Update: 20 July 2009
Hello! Great news – the new PSN Trophy features are now live! To compare your trophies with your Friends in the new leaderboard, go to
eu.playstation.com, sign-in using your PSN Online ID then head over to My PlayStation Network / My Trophies. Enjoy :)

——–

Hi everyone. My name is Emmanuel (or “Manu” as everybody calls me) and I’m the Portal Manager here at SCEE, which means that I look after eu.playstation.com.

Back in March this year we released new PSN functionality on eu.playstation.com, in particular the ability to directly check your Trophies and the status’ of your friends on the website, plus a new Trophy-friendly version of the Portable ID.

Already more than half a million of you have enjoyed these new features and continued to update your Portable ID on a regular basis, so thank you very much for your support.

Since the launch of the PSN channel, we’ve been listening to the community in order to plan further enhancements to the section and I’m happy to say that from mid-July you’ll be able to enjoy two great new and much-requested features on eu.playstation.com…

First up is the new “My Trophies – Compare with your friends” page, which is fairly self-explanatory but will enable you to line up your Trophy collection alongside that of your PSN Friends.

eu.playstation.com - Compare Trophies

Many of you also requested a Leaderboard, so you can see how you rank against your PSN Friends, and whether you’ve moved up, down or stayed in the same spot. So here’s a look at the new Leaderboard:

eu.playstation.com - Trophies Leaderboard

This is still work in progress and the design of these pages might change slightly, but as we get closer to the launch of these new features we’ll let you know more details on how they’ll work and the exact release date.

Back in March I said this is just the start of new exciting ways of enjoying your PSN world and it still is: keep an eye on  eu.playstation.com for even more new features coming soon. I’m also keen to get ideas and feedback from you, so don’t hesitate to post your comments here on the Blog or into the Forums.
On a final and separate note, I just wanted to remind you to keep your PSN sign in details safe: never tell anyone else your PSN Sign-In ID (email address) or password, and only use these details to log-in to official PlayStation websites.

See you soon on eu.playstation.com.

Manu

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

173 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

TriGiamp 29 June, 2009 @ 2:05 pm   1

Nice features! I hope they will be ready soon.

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 2:30 pm

Thanks TriGiamp, I’m glad you like it! The new features will go live mid July.

Sounds good, don’t really care much about the trophies but I know this will appeal to quite a few.

GER-Cloonix 29 June, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   3

Sounds interesting.

The signature and those new features are the only features where SCEE is ahead to SCEA.

antikewl 29 June, 2009 @ 2:09 pm   4

Are there any plans to make the profile publicly accessible? E.g. clicking on the PSN trophy badge will take you to your profile, not just a register page…

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 2:28 pm

Yes this is in our plans for later ;)
    I’d love to hear from all of you on what you’d like to see in your public profile.

MairusuPawa 29 June, 2009 @ 2:10 pm   5

Not using Flash for every single menu on the site would be a really good improvement, too.

Nice features ,,, and we really need them , thank you Sony for the hard Work , but i wish the leaderbord features isn’t just for friend … i hope it’s globaly too … and we wish more and more of this cool things .

It’s great to see PSN continually evolving. I look forward to the time that you can implement a public facing API for this data.

Bloody_Marcel 29 June, 2009 @ 2:12 pm   8

Is an auto updating Portable ID on the cards?

Deviil-Boy 29 June, 2009 @ 2:13 pm   9

Oh nice, but when the general leaderborad with all ID will be available ?

The sigs are nice EXCEPT it’s a hideous color! Please either change the color to something a bit more neutral OR even better let us choose a color :)

I only know one person who actually uses the sig everyone else will never use it because of the color.

Also a smaller version of the sig would also be nice ;)

tylerstyle 29 June, 2009 @ 2:14 pm   11

I have to ask the same question as Bloody_Marcel up there.
Why, for the love of all things natural do we have to manually update that signature?!? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
Is it thought about to automate this?

serendipiddy 29 June, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   12

ty, awesome :)

Chimpanzee 29 June, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   13

Is the same screenshot meant to be shown twice? Looks like the top one doesn’t show what you intended.

RadioactiveMouse 29 June, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   14

Hey there,

Personally I would like to see a mix of trophy cards for forum use as the current one is too large (width) for us to have the card and a link to various events we are running ;)

Also it would be nice to have more of a bio page on the site a bit like on the Forums. This would obviously be an addition to the player profile but would give more gamers a reason to check the site as it wouldn’t likely be changeable from the PS3 ;)

Lastly an autoupdate script for the updating of trophy cards would also be a nice addition :)

Keep up the good work though and congratulations on a great looking addition to the eu.playstation.com site ;)

- Mouse :D

Great stuff, looking forward to the new features :)

-Ad-

Guillemots 29 June, 2009 @ 2:17 pm   16

Nice, thank you Manu!

Good to see new features coming to the website. Any idea if we’ll see auto updating portable ids at some point? Would be nice! :)

jaferris 29 June, 2009 @ 2:18 pm   18

“we’ve been listening to the community in order to plan further enhancements to the section”

So will there be an auto sync for trophy cards be coming soon

only seem to update mine by changing the card them is this going to change ??

Good afternoon,
I have been an early adopter of the Portable ID, and have yet to take it away from my forum signature. I sure am glad to see the Portable ID continuously evolving. Below are my few suggestions:

1) In all honesty, the ‘mood’ is totally useless. I wish it could be taken away

2) The icons should display the latest earned trophies, and not the latest played games

3) Auto-sync is a must

4) The leaderboard is a great addition, but appears to be sadly too limited. Why aren’t you considering a worldwide trophy leaderboard?

Good day

Darkos87 29 June, 2009 @ 2:25 pm   20

You don’t have any platinums???? *points and laughs*

good work on the site.

Bloody_Marcel 29 June, 2009 @ 2:25 pm   21

Oh, about ideas and suggestions… why don’t you simply go to xbox.com and c&p everything that’s in there? You’ll basically get everything a PS3 user wants without even asking ;)

Workshed 29 June, 2009 @ 2:28 pm   22

Any chance of an XML query or something similar that could be used by other websites/applications to return the list of trophies for a given user?

Things like this are what build a better community, you’ve made a great start but a bit more open-ness would be greatly appreciated :)

astrocrack 29 June, 2009 @ 2:29 pm   23

Hello Manu!

Great job so far!
Hopefully, someday we will be able to submit our trophies to a regional or worldwide leaderboard.

Cheers

TheKonspiracy98 29 June, 2009 @ 2:32 pm   24

Auto-updating trophies would be nice, and a lot more customisability for our trophy card s would be cool too (themes and stuff).

Crapotin 29 June, 2009 @ 2:34 pm   25

Great features,

But what we REALLY need is a public API to access account informations (trophies, friends, send messages, last game played, currently played, and so on…), just like with Xbox Live.

This way, you wouldn’t have to deal with providing trophies comparison, leaderboard. Just give the community tools to gather PSN informations and let us do the job on our community sites.

Thanks for creating these new features. I like it very much that the leadearboard is for friends, as it’s far fetched to be high up on the leaderboard for most people, but it would at least be fun to see who has the most trophies.

I’d also like if there where a way to see some statistics about games. Like percentages of how many has platinum in each game, and how many has a certain trophy.

And are you considering to make an API so that sites like http://www.ps3trophies.org can make leaderboards for theire community and other features?

And again, thanks for adding compare trophies and friendsleaderboard to eu.playstation.com. It will be used a lot.

And to add to my post. Stats on how many percent of the trophies you have (out of the games you have trophies in) would be awesome.

An example:
User A has two games. He has 30 trophies, and in these two games, he could have a total of 100 trophies. That would make the percentage 30%.

I3loodthirsty 29 June, 2009 @ 2:38 pm   28

add the option to send people on your friends list ect messages from eu.playstation.com that would be a pretty cool feature (hint hint ^_^)

Liamario 29 June, 2009 @ 2:38 pm   29

Emmanuel, the only thing that is really neccessary is auto synching of trophies. As it stands you have to do it manually which is a pain in the behind and unneccessary. Any response on this?

EternalMovement 29 June, 2009 @ 2:39 pm   30

Auto syncing.
More signature sizes to pick from e.g 400px × 75px etc
Public api.

Thanks.

Updator 29 June, 2009 @ 2:42 pm   31

I think a way to send psn messages through the site would be a good thing to have

PirateThom 29 June, 2009 @ 2:44 pm   32

Public profiles showing trophies and what not would be good.
Autosynching trophy cards.
PSN messages through the website.

Those features would take it from good to great, just to make it “there”.

Stray84 29 June, 2009 @ 2:46 pm   33

Awesome.
New avatars and auto-sync would be great,too.

Andy-McK-4ever 29 June, 2009 @ 2:48 pm   34

I hope Sony incorporate the trophy leaderboard into the next PS3 firmware update

Ill take this opportunity to point out a few things i think could be improved in the future:
1) The potable id doesn’t refresh automatically – and it should. Either on sync (when your ps3 updates the trophy info) or daily. Having to force the update by changing some other info on your portable id is really irritating and has to change if Sony is serious about this feature.
2) The mood field on the portable id – please make it optional – its looks silly.
3) The favorite game field on portable id – In its current state its just plain wrong. If its a fixed list – please keep it up to date with all the ps3/psp releases. If you cant do that – please allow people to type whatever they want here or make the field optional. In the current state the list contains 30-ish titles and im forced to choose one as my favorite? This is unacceptable. And then you draw charts that LBP (for example) is ‘most favorite game by psn users’. Give people a proper choice – its titled “Favourite game” and not “Favourite game from these 30, and not the ones you bought and played”.

Other than that the web integration is going along really great if somewhat slower than anticipated :)

micromagic 29 June, 2009 @ 2:59 pm   36

So it that a leaderboard just for your PSN friends? It would be nice to have a global leaderboard.

Grind_Axis 29 June, 2009 @ 3:00 pm   37

I wonder if you guys could add more games to the favourite game section of the portable ID, as of now (for example) you can pick Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as your favourite game but you can’t select Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. It would be nice if there could be a bit more consistency. Aside from that, I love all the features of eu.playstation.com and keep up the good work.

MrTeaBelly 29 June, 2009 @ 3:03 pm   38

Great stuff! I’d like to see the range of “Favourite game” extended, InFamous being a PS3 exclusive should definitely be in there. Auto-update of the PSN portable ID on ever sync should be looked into as well, much better than the silly login-edit-save process we have to go through at the moment.

TheNarrator 29 June, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   39

looking good. still, nothing on there that we cant already do on our actual PS3s really. but hopefully in time we’ll see loads more cool features :).

in the next update can we have:
- an auto-upddate feature of cards.
- fully custom cards (the purple and the whole silly comments bit on the left is nice, but useless. all the cards look the same on the forums :/).
- an actual link on our forum profiles (on each post or something) that takes us right to a public trophy set-up.

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

Right now this is not possible due to the limitation of our system but going forward when we review the Portable ID and make it more interactive, we might bring the auto update. We now that many of you would like to see this feature. Be patient ;)

sully1311 29 June, 2009 @ 3:13 pm   40

being able to connect ur psn id with ur email address book. so you type in your email address and a list of ur friends psn id appear!

Highbury4ever 29 June, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   41

This is great stuff. Always had trouble getting this to work but now away we go.
Keep up the outstanding work guys.

greekgoddj 29 June, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   42

Nice!

My only request is to have a background low-priority thread updating the trophies of the card. Say every 24 hours or something.

Aristotel

Great! Another feature I would love is to change tha Background image, like a theme management.

Thanks for your amazing work! :)

randellaUK 29 June, 2009 @ 3:20 pm   44

A EU or worldwide leaderboard would be great i hope we get a full profile on ourselves by the end of the year with home / psn details so we can actually show off our skills and achievements to the world.I hope im up there in the trophy leaderboard :)

FreakerUK 29 June, 2009 @ 3:25 pm   45

This is great news guys :)
Will we every be able to add our games lists to our profiles or our own info pages ? Even better have the ablility to compare game lists so we can matchmake with each other on a game by game basis.. maybe ;)

Gamerwillz 29 June, 2009 @ 3:26 pm   46

Nice work! =)

Apnomis 29 June, 2009 @ 3:27 pm   47

Excellent update, there aren’t many things SCEE lead the way on, but when it comes to your online PSN/trophy presence SCEE definitely leads the pack!

The EU PSN forum signature beats the SCEA attempt hands down, and I use it on most forums/sites I’m a member of – I’m surprised only 500K people have taken advantage of it!

I’m sure it’s an obvious one but it would be a bonus if it updated itself – even if it’s once a week, or when you sign into any site with your PSN ID (like this blog). It’s not a huge problem though, I tend to stock up a few trophies and then go in and update it manually. Keep the nice signature designs flowing too, I love how they aren’t just square screenshots but ‘pop out’ of the image, again maybe you could add a ‘random’ option that scrolls through the different designs either daily or on each page load (I’m sure I’ve seen PNG images that change each time you press refresh).

I like the idea of the leader board for your friends too, will there also be an option to see where you rank globally?

tutchmedia 29 June, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   48

Great News. I think we need a PSN API for other websites to use your service to get stats and info publically.

Apnomis 29 June, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   49

Oh, and the aesthetics of those new screens look much nicer than the profile screen on the actual PS3 – are there any plans to refresh the PS3 Profiles with something a bit more slick – I don’t see why it needs to be in a little box with 3 pages when it is only viewed via the PS3 – why isn’t it a nice full screen profile page? Or is that part of the rumoured v3.0 firmware? ;)

Spaulding 29 June, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   50

New features are always nice. But when can I add/remove friends and read/write Messages on that site?

Ziggy-Moff 29 June, 2009 @ 3:30 pm   51

Nice update and all BUT can i request a new feature, you see the PS3 comes with an internet browser how about actully making all the ACTUAL PS3 site features work with it? (via updaing the site or the browser, i don’t care which), i mean it seems silly to ship the console with a browser and then make features on the official site (and other official games, KZ2 for example) not work with it.

TheRealSpiny 29 June, 2009 @ 3:32 pm   52

Please open up the API so people can integrate trophies into their applications / sites!

e.g. I’d like to write an app that would ping our IRC channel when a clan member gets a trophy (we already do this for xbox live).

A SOAP or REST service would be nice – thanks!

ShogunDarius 29 June, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   53

can we please get automatic updates?

Rammerman 29 June, 2009 @ 3:36 pm   54

Any news on a patch for Ghostbusters?

patate12 29 June, 2009 @ 3:41 pm   55

Well, looking at the current portable ID, it could be smaller, one could remove the useless crap (favourite platform, favourite game, mood) and replace it by recent trophies.

DeathroW22 29 June, 2009 @ 3:42 pm   56

Hey, great updates – looking forward to them. But my number 1 annoyance with it is that i have to go and update my trophy card manually everytime.

Can’t you make them automatic? It doesn’t have to be everytime we get a trophy, it could be just a scheduled update, say twice everyday, once in the morning, once at night.

Or, to make it even better, automatically update it as soon as we sync our trophies to the server.. :)

Thanks.

Noisepurge 29 June, 2009 @ 3:42 pm   57

Good stuff!

Also, any chances of getting more games on the “now playing” list, its missing quite a few popular titles :(

And what happened to the smaller PSN-card, now i can only select the large one?

Sherif_129 29 June, 2009 @ 3:43 pm   58

Awesome features, looks amazing!

Now, could you answer this question:

Will the portable IDs soon update automatically, instead of us manually updating them all the time?

DeathroW22 29 June, 2009 @ 3:44 pm   59

And another suggestion, more options for trophy cards! Smaller, more compact ones which removes other stuff like the mood, favourite game, etc to try and cut down on the size.

Would love to be able to fit a PSN trophy card up on my blog’s sidebar along with my xbox live gamercard!

Deviil-Boy 29 June, 2009 @ 3:44 pm   60

I agree what aat08 said ;)

xKillerMonkeyx 29 June, 2009 @ 3:47 pm   61

Now this is some great functionalitiy, add live now playing to it and allow PSN messages to be sent and it will be complete :-)

hey, id love to seee a kinda integration into the text or voice chat with thism profile viewer so u can boast about ure trophies. And on the main page of the profile, a screen shot of ure HOME appartment

^^^^^ The reason i say about my comment is because i can seee a tab saying ‘about me’ and i thought itd be pretty cool to show friends and stuff at school, with ure apartment snap shot, and your total amount of trophies :D, What would totaly blow it out of the hat would be like an ingame screen shot of one of ure games, lke a score on cod 4, that would be awesome, Keep up the good work !

The new features look very nice Manu – thanks for the update! Well since you ask, I have two requests – first is for information to be added to my online profile – what I’m currently doing on my PS3. I.e. in the same way I can see what my friends are doing when I look at my friend’s status on PS3 – this would be handy to view from a PC too. Also, the status field (for instance “Drakes Fortune”) could be exported to twitter so that it would be possible to have a twitter feed automatically updated when I start playing a different game!

Second request – please ask devs to adhere to a strict policy on the text they use when submitting trophies. I’ll explain what I mean – if I bring up my trophies, some of the games actually include the word “Trophies” in the summary and some don’t. So scrolling down the list I see “game a; game b; game c trophies; game d; and so on…” Some games also have the name of the game all in upper case and some don’t. I know I’m being picky but it’s the little things like this that can spoil the slick look of the whole interface.

I look forward to the new features!

Hi what i really would like is when you click someones portable ID you get a list of their trophies, not the PS registration page… That would be great

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

In the Future when we release the Public Profile, we will definitely link the Portable IDs to the Profile pages.

bacheshiraazy 29 June, 2009 @ 3:56 pm   66

nice but any chance of there being a feature in a future update allowing us to transfer our saves, downloads from psn and games to other users on our ps3? i’ve been waiting for this for a long time

Will you include Auto-update in the future?

Apnomis 29 June, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   68

Ziggy-Moff is spot on, it’s impossible for you to use eu.playstation.com on the PS3 browser as that is the same address of the PS3 specific page – so whenever you try to link to the EU Forums or your PSN Profile Page etc you get an error as the site automatically assumes you want to go to the gimped PS3 specific version of the page! These should be distinct pages – I can understand the need for a simple PS3 browser homepage, but there’s no reason to completely block the full version of the eu.playstation.com!

As for other people commenting on the design of the signature, I can see where they are coming from as some sites only like little signature images, but I personally like the current version. If it were to change it should be an option – maybe 3 different types of varying sizes – either that or open up the API and allow the community to come up with their own bespoke solution…

Rijckaert 29 June, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   69

This should be on the PS3 aswell.

Lifendz 29 June, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   70

Custom avatars please? And if you guys could somehow display everyone’s trophy level below their name it would be really cool. Thanks.

As mentioned by many (many) others already, the biggest missing feature is still *automatically updated PSN cards*.

It’s such a chore to have to login on the website and then manually update my card. Please address this soon.

SULTAN_3 29 June, 2009 @ 4:09 pm   72

Emmanuel Orssaud when we gamers at Saudi Arabia can use VidZone?? , and when we can use Chat&Invite-at-XMB ?? i know this 2 questions are not with the subject but its so important not just for me ! but also for arab gamers and my friends at ng4a.com.. i hope that you’ll answer any of my 2 questions Emmanuel.

Great new features! But as some others have requested, it would be nice with a global leaderboard as well.
Also, other things that I’d love to see are:
+ Being able to choose an avatar from eu.playstation.com. Right now we’ve got a very limited selection of avatars.
+ Being able to read messages and reply to them from eu.playstation.com.

almighty-slayer 29 June, 2009 @ 4:13 pm   74

Nice one manu! Looks like some awesome features, can’t wait :)

It could be cool to be able to queue downloads from the site too, and send/recieve PSN messages

Just some suggestions :)

chiffmonkey 29 June, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   75

Automate it!

almighty-slayer 29 June, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   76

As for public profile:

Biography/Photo of you
Favourite games
Trophy most proud of

Just as a start :)

Is there any chance that we’ll see these features in other regions? I’m a US user and it would be nice to see this in the US site, as of now if I want to see features like this I have to go to the EU site. Not that there’s anything wrong with the EU site, but it’d be preferable to go to the site that is more relevant to my region. I know there is some funtionality that is similar on the US site, but this is far, far more robust.

TheChoubidoudou 29 June, 2009 @ 4:21 pm   78

That’s great! Just what I needed, this is a very helpfull feature.

Tha_soh 29 June, 2009 @ 4:21 pm   79

It would be great if you could send messages to your friends from

the site to PSN :D

my-kal_UK 29 June, 2009 @ 4:21 pm   80

less flash would be amazing… i currently cant go on playstation.com at college because of all the flash, i know i shouldn’t anyway but playstations an addiction! lol

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

The site is fully usable without JavaScript, but for the Flash fans, we are currently optimising the performance of the site.

my-kal_UK 29 June, 2009 @ 4:27 pm   81

oh.. being able to add/remove and message friends would be amazing.. not just text chat either, maybe implement the same IM that’s on the ps3, as well as voice chat (video chat maybe)… the voice and video chat probably would take a while to implement but it would be worth the wait! :D

TimoTheThug 29 June, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   82

Messasing friends and opening your PSN inbow would be sweet.. also adding friends and block people while your working on that would be sweet!

Great job with this update!

Sparv-en 29 June, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   83

What would make the PSN stand out from all the competitors would be being able to send messages from any platfom to your friends and others.

So that I could sign onto PSN on my computer and send a message to a friend that might be online on his or hers PS3, what also would be cool would be if you could be able to log onto PSN on your PSP and check who’s online etc. If the PSP can’t do that while running the XMB you could make it an application like Skype is. That doesn’t sound like something impossible since Skype handles lots of users being logged on, comments etc. That would be something that no other competitor have, so that would be a great marketing chance for you; Full connectivity with friends on any platfom, PSP, PS3 and PC.

Just some dream of mine ^^

Highbury4ever 29 June, 2009 @ 4:37 pm   84

I agree with some of the comments about being able to access this site from your PS3 browser. This would make the whole experience better and I wouldn’t have to get off the sofa to use the PC. Please SCEE can we get this sorted.

TRIX_BOL 29 June, 2009 @ 4:42 pm   85

Hello Emmanuel, I have moved to Europe’s Blog to tell you that its a great idea what you guys are bringing to the official web site. However, it will be much appreciated if you guys could also bring an *official trophy leaderboard to the PS3*. I mean, is nice to have it on the official site, but some of us are eagerly waiting to get a trophy leaderboard on our PS3s.

Salut Emmanuel,

Thanks for news. However, is there any chance we’ll see a link to the signature picture that will correctly display our profile instead of the sign up page?

I mean, just try to click on your own signature and you’ll see that your profile page is pointing to the sign up now page…

Hi Emmanuel,

Will the EU playstation allow me to sign in to PSN automatically in the same way the US site does?

AaronSOLDIER 29 June, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   88

Some nice additions there thanks. I would like to see an auto update of trophies though but as already said they should be on the way.

I think you should have options for card colours too, like the purple you have now, and black, blue, green, red etc.

Also is there any upcoming avatars? I’d love some Kingdom Hearts and/or Final Fantasy ones.

Thanks

WhiteWolfDK 29 June, 2009 @ 4:56 pm   89

The leaderboard – I know how I’m ranked amongst my friends, just now I’m in top 5 with 1175+ trophies – but I would like to see how I stack up against the other danish or european players.

The autoupdate system – why is it so hard to make? I must admit I don’t use my official card anywhere since it doesn’t update, I get around to update it maybe once a week, ps3trophycard.com updates my card automatic once a day.

Other features should be a greater form of customization, at Battletracker.com we can make a compleltly custom card, I offcourse has one with wolves, both features can apprantly be handled by 3th party vendors, so why not the biggest company – SONY themselves?

//WhiteWolf

BIANCIOZ 29 June, 2009 @ 4:58 pm   90

Hope to see these changes soon, can’t wait.

WhiteWolfDK 29 June, 2009 @ 5:00 pm   91

Forgot 1 thing:
pictures of the trophies last earned on your card – don’t care much for the 3 pictures of the latest games I play, most friends of mine already know what games I play, they can see it on the trophies

//WhiteWolf

InfamousPsy21 29 June, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   92

PSN/PS3 store available on the PC would be sweet

vanuk07 29 June, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   93

Alight the guy asked For SUggestions about Future Updates …. WELL I BELIEVE THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE MISSING IS CROSS WORLD CHAT … And by that I mean We being able to send text messages to our friends who are sitting on their PSNs from this portal ……

PLS PPL CMON ASK FOR THIS FEATURE WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR FRIENDS ON PSN WHEN WE ARE WORK OR WHEREVER THROUGH THIS PORTAL ….\\

PEACE OUT!

sparced 29 June, 2009 @ 5:10 pm   94

We need a smaller version of the PSN portable ID to choose from. This is how they look on a forum I visit.

SniperChris 29 June, 2009 @ 5:22 pm   95

I’d like the functionality to be able to send and read messages on playstation.com.

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

This feature is not yet available from the API that we use on the site. You can be sure that when it becomes available we’ll implement the messaging functionality on eu.playstation.com.

nickjd331 29 June, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   96

Sounds great, i have been awaiting he day I can compare trophies away from my PS3.

The leaderboard also sounds good, i look forward to using it.

DwarfSmuggler 29 June, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   97

I’ll swap you this update for a European video store. I want to download films from the comfort of my home using my PS3, why hasn’t it happened yet? The US have had this feature for over a year.

JordanBlack68 29 June, 2009 @ 5:35 pm   98

Good features but we need more features like auto update, able to view friends trophies by clicking their trophy cards. Still miles behind XBL.

loonytoon1982 29 June, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   99

Looking forward to the udate.

SniperChris 29 June, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   100

Assuming we can see an API update in the near future?

madcrabs 29 June, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   101

Awesome. You guys are blowing the US away. Even the blog is better.

G-M1N111 29 June, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   102

What we need:

as mentioned:

- auto-update
- possibility to view the trophies of the other players

but also:

- more avatars (even if only 5 per month)
- in the PS3 the possibility to view not only the languages people talk, but also the country (very important, english or french are talked in many countries)

there are some other things, but not really related to profiles/trophies ;)

I3loodthirsty 29 June, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   103

whats API mean.yes im that much of a noob =p

Emmanuel Orssaud 29 June, 2009 @ 6:00 pm

Sorry I should have probably explained before…
    the API is a piece of technology that allows us to use PSN data on playstation.com. Hope that makes more sense ;)

whoelse 29 June, 2009 @ 5:56 pm   104

I agree with madcrab that you guys have really stepped up your game and this increased communication is perfect so keep it going!

It would be great to be able to personalise our public profile pages that you mentioned, so for example change the page backgrounds and write a small piece about ourselves (more than the very limited character limit for ‘About Me’)

Another suggestion would be show show a graph and table of total trophies for each month and their values so we can see if we and our friends are improving or getting worse at unlocking trophies. Maybe if the trophies per month go down it will encourage gamers to buy more games!

st0rmbr1nger 29 June, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   105

Auto updating is what’s really needed, even if it’s a weekly schedule, it’s better than what we have right now, which needs a logon..

Komond_Deckard 29 June, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   106

I think no one said it, but some people that has no PS3 but PSP would like to be able to modify their avatar and that, to have a PSN ID anyway, as they can play online with PSP and like to share their ID with others and customize their avatar (it would be nice to having a way to put any picture we wanted). So it would be nice to fully modify in PS3 or internet (or PSP). And well, I guess it would be great to have trophies on PSP too, I don’t know if that has something to do with you, but it would be great to have more integration in that way.

Thanks for the new features for PS3 of course, just wanted to share some only-PSP user demands ;) I hear them a lot, and I have both PSP and PS3, but I think it’s a pity that PSP users have nothing at all.

Guttergod 29 June, 2009 @ 6:15 pm   107

People seem to request “more avatars” a lot… I’d like to extend that a bit.

If we can’t have 100% custom avatars, why not a more flexible avatar customization engine instead… Sort of like the GH:WT band logo creator. We’re millions of owners, we should have millions of alternatives…

Caemgen 29 June, 2009 @ 6:19 pm   108

Excellent!

The moment public profiles become available, maybe you guys could also implement a ‘Worldwide leaderboard’? (And if you do, please allow us to apply certain filters, such as ‘Show Leaderboard for The Netherlands’ or ‘Most Platinum trophies’ etc).

The PS3 and the PS Network is becoming better and more fun very quickly now. Great work you guys!

The only features I still miss are:
- Sending/reading messages to and from your PSN friends on playstation.com
- More detailed player-profiles on PSN
- View friends of friends on PSN
- Sending eachother voicemessages
- Cross-game voice/partychat on PS3!

SephDK 29 June, 2009 @ 6:30 pm   109

Great with the new features. Here are some suggestions:

* Make the Trophy ID in other sizes. I would really like a horizontal version (something like 160 x 600) to put in the sidebar on a blog.
* Make the ID another color.
* AutoSync
* Remove the Current Mood or make it optional
* Change Favorite Game to Last Played Game or Most Played Game
* More Avatars and the ability to import your Home avatar

SULTAN_3 29 June, 2009 @ 6:31 pm   110

Emmanuel Orssaud pls check 72#

GuerillaBlack 29 June, 2009 @ 6:49 pm   111

http://tr.playstation.com/ needs some love too

GodOxidian 29 June, 2009 @ 6:49 pm   112

We want automatic cards not these things -.-

LoveDoctor 29 June, 2009 @ 7:02 pm   113

Can there please be an update on the tired looking list of Avatrs on PSN… I’m sure you can hire some littlle studio to update the standard selection. And for custom Avatars… why not add the ability to use your HOME character as your Avatar???

The Avatars have remained virtually unchanged from day1… I could understand that in the first year… but it’s becomming silly now :(

LoveDoctor 29 June, 2009 @ 7:05 pm   114

.. oh.. and PSP trophies that add into your accunt as well please

whitwhit 29 June, 2009 @ 7:06 pm   115

You guys over here in the eu are doing great things on the blog and me being the trophy hunter that I am love these new features and can’t wait for this to come out, I hope the us implements this feature at some point.

As for the public profile how about the abilty to put our own custom avatars, pm’s to send to our friend’s ps3 and everything every one else said so many good ideas here I hope you use them :)

TimoTheThug 29 June, 2009 @ 7:18 pm   116

@Manu

This is what you wrote:

This made me curious… are you guys waiting for the Japanese firmware team to make this available or what? I’m really curious and keen to know how Sony handles there lines of communication… This may sound far fetched and I hope you can answer this, if not I’ll just have to keep thinking of where the bottleneck is :p

Thanks in advance!

Bloody_Marcel 29 June, 2009 @ 7:20 pm   117

“Right now this is not possible due to the limitation of our system but going forward when we review the Portable ID and make it more interactive, we might bring the auto update. We now that many of you would like to see this feature. Be patient”

Can you be more specific about the limitation you mentioned?
Do you realize the Portable ID is totally useless as it is? Scrap that “we might”. You “MUST” bring the auto update.

Chas19 29 June, 2009 @ 7:42 pm   118

Thanks for answering my question, your doing a great job, and i really like the PSN online features.

Like others said it would be great to have an automatic update portable id, and possibily able to send messages from computer to PS3. I know theyll come in the future…

Killa_Cobra_ST 29 June, 2009 @ 8:01 pm   119

Its good to see sony is improving its services! Good job!

TranzeFuze 29 June, 2009 @ 8:11 pm   120

When is Vidzone cmoing to the rest of europe ?! :( Sweden for example.

Ghidora84 29 June, 2009 @ 8:14 pm   121

We really need an official leaderboard… that covers EVERY single PSN user… so that you can see your own World Rank / Country Rank.

Both on the web aswell as on the XMB…

That would be so super cool for us trophy whores!

GAME-HERO 29 June, 2009 @ 8:37 pm   122

e-man you need to work on geting more trophies bro…153 <-Come on man!

samplane123 29 June, 2009 @ 8:53 pm   123

Wow, looking forward to this!

One of the features I really want on the site, alongside messages and public profiles.

PanixATK 29 June, 2009 @ 9:00 pm   124

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

rossthebassist 29 June, 2009 @ 9:03 pm   125

Im liking the look of the site updates.

dunno if this is already covered but will it possible to send messages and receive messages to people via the site. for example if someone sends me a message from the site. and i receive the message on my PS3, i then reply on my PS3 and they get the message on the site. is that kind of function possible so that the site and the PSN become almost like one entity.

Rambo_Snake 29 June, 2009 @ 9:08 pm   126

Well it sure makes our portable IDs look terrible. :[

LarZen 29 June, 2009 @ 9:24 pm   127

Realy liked the “leaderboard” feture, that would be nice to have on the PS3 system actualy..?!

dosa08 29 June, 2009 @ 9:28 pm   128

it isnt a big uptade but everything new is ok, but i think there are another things people want it more.

LFC1984 29 June, 2009 @ 9:55 pm   129

Any way of making the website work on a PS3 Browser? Ridiculous state of affairs.

Paddy-G- 29 June, 2009 @ 10:07 pm   130

Noice!!

LoveToPanic 29 June, 2009 @ 10:26 pm   131

I am loving the updates you have done so far and I am looking forward to being able to compare Trophies with my friends on the Leader board.

I am just curious as to know if there is ever going to be a public API which many of the PS3 Communities on the web can use to generate their own Leader boards and have their own live Trophy Cards?

assassins91 29 June, 2009 @ 10:41 pm   132

beautiful idea

BlindMango 29 June, 2009 @ 10:51 pm   133

Europe gets all the good stuff, when is NORTH AMERICA getting all of this, is it even in the works?

betahoven 29 June, 2009 @ 11:06 pm   134

Manu

Thanks for sharing information on the future of the site, I think these things have come a long way recently and it looks like there’s some more good stuff coming. My main request would be for a public profile page, and ultimately when the API supports it I would like to have the ability to add/remove friends and send/receive PSN messages.

Who makes the PSN API by the way? Do you know if it will ever be made publicly available?

Spurvugle 29 June, 2009 @ 11:11 pm   135

Nice=)

onlineatron 29 June, 2009 @ 11:28 pm   136

Any chance of getting a trophy card resize?

My forum haunt (gametrailers) doesn’t allow for the current size. Perhaps you could offer multiple sizes?

SpyDudeFX 29 June, 2009 @ 11:31 pm   137

We need an online CP with add/remove friends and messaging box. It would be nice to do more while off of your PS3. I’d also like to see in-movie XMB for Blu-ray, and for it to show what movie you’re watching or at least keep you online.

monsterman08 29 June, 2009 @ 11:40 pm   138

we still need voice cross game chat just like XBL partys

MNZ-88 30 June, 2009 @ 3:09 am   139

nice… most important updating the trophies of the card every day.

sumpunk 30 June, 2009 @ 4:12 am   140

very nice!
when do you think we will have web to psn messaging? that would be awesome! to be able to msg someone on my friends list from a browser would be kick ass.

MrCyrax 30 June, 2009 @ 5:10 am   141

Why does the South Afrcan Playstation site not support this?

CRASH_911 30 June, 2009 @ 5:17 am   142

Manu, I’ve a question!
When I create a portable ID, I can’t find my flag! Why it’s not available?! thanks,,

erprimo10 30 June, 2009 @ 6:41 am   143

yeah!!

auronix_pl 30 June, 2009 @ 7:43 am   144

I saw one the top of blog inactive option choosin languages. When we can expect other languages (like Polish)?

BeanDK 30 June, 2009 @ 8:44 am   145

Looks pretty good but what about privacy settings on the PS3 so we can hide trophies and online status from other users?

This is pretty basic and the Xbox 360 had this since 2005 so what’s the problem?

muzzar69 30 June, 2009 @ 9:22 am   146

we need a demos section on the PSN store.
and some new themes.
how about a theme of kratos ripping helios head clean off.
or ripping that trolls eye out.
we need more themes theres barely any new ones there.

Crash_Happy 30 June, 2009 @ 10:13 am   147

If you’re signed into the PSN that obviously should enable messaging and probably chat sessions too. Considering the amount of time it’s taking to get such basic functionality as auto-sync I think the users are being more than patient. This far into the consoles life we really shouldn’t be in a position to claim this as a ‘start’ of anything.
I used to have a list of things that I thought the PS3/PSN should do, after all this time we don’t seem to have got very far.
More of these updates please, but at least you’re communicating now.

TheOrion 30 June, 2009 @ 11:15 am   148

Nice to see that this is something SCEE are following through on. More importantly you are finally communicating these efforts to us and not leaving us in the dark so much anymore.

Emmanuel Orssaud 30 June, 2009 @ 11:39 am   149

Thank you all for your comments, feedback and great ideas for the Public Profile. :)
I’ll keep you updated on our progress with delivering further features on eu.playstation.com.

Lanod35 30 June, 2009 @ 11:48 am   150

Hello Mike or Emmanuel, just one question

When is Michael Jackson Singstar?

Crash_Happy 30 June, 2009 @ 11:51 am   151

@ Lanod35 When his estate is settled maybe, expect like ten years time.

SlapnutzUK 30 June, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   152

I like what I see but is it going to be possible for us to walk before we run?

Is the two step manual update process going to be removed? Syncing Trophies on the PS3 and then again on the PSN site is a bit long winded. Is it not possible at least for the PSN site to automatically update itself?

G-M1N111 30 June, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   153

Lanod35:

was thinking the same thing:

when will “Singstar: Michael Jackson” come out? i know there were some troubles between MJ and Sony, but now it shouldnt be a problem anymore…

i would buy it for sure :D

he was (and still is) the best

jimimick 30 June, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   154

thats nice to know that ur updating the EU site, u have a big thank you from me and many ppl. hopefully one day it will be as gd as the US site…… 1 day. joke! lol ty for working on it and imporoving it :P

Noisepurge 30 June, 2009 @ 2:39 pm   155

OH yeah!

And how about some new avatars please! :D

DaftMav 30 June, 2009 @ 3:18 pm   156

Very nice to hear there actually is an API. We’ve been trying to contact Sony to find out if there’s going to be an public API (or at least one the bigger sites can register for) that will allow us to continue with the trophy libraries. I’m talking about the trophy sites that used an automated system like PSU.com, PlayStationLifestyle.net and PS3Life.nl which all stopped working after a recent firmware update which encoded trophy and friends data to make the XMB work and load faster.

Farhad91 30 June, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   157

what about sending msg to ur friends fro here that is the most immportent feature.

Guapozzo 1 July, 2009 @ 1:10 am   158

Good!!!

zyxses 1 July, 2009 @ 3:09 am   159

All very nice, but… having a browser in the PS3 that actually works well with “these” “Official” websites would seem equally desirable? !

extermin8or 1 July, 2009 @ 7:20 am   160

i think u guys should do something else instead of this how about CONCENTRATE ON THE PS3 because technologically it beats 360 sales wise it doesnt,
four things u need to intergrate
1. PSN CARD!! Y DOES EU NOT HAVE THEM??
2. I way to use live messanger from xmb and a way to DIRECTLY access facebook PLEASE!!
3. CROSS GAME CHAT!!
4. A NEW XMB STYLE! (not as important as other 2 I can live with it how it is)
and if ur doing leader boards please intergrate them into the xmb (new or old) along with world ranking, thank you.
oh and if music was played within a specialised media player and this was intergrated into the OS and could be used in any game, would this get around M$’s patent?

gr0undp0und 1 July, 2009 @ 1:46 pm   161

Just bring X-Game chat!!!

Good job SCEE.

HoefMeistert 2 July, 2009 @ 1:52 pm   163

Leaderboards are great!
Public profile’s a “must have” :)

Only remark i have on the LeaderBoards are make different one’s.
I mean not only the default sort on level.
I would like to see somekind of “(game)dedication leaderboard”. I mean number of games compared to number of trophy’s and the level reached with the amount of trophy’s.
Else the leaderboard turn into look into how many games i have!
I mean a Level 4 with 2 games 100% could be ahead of a all bronze collector with 20 games :)
Hope it’s understandable…

Komond_Deckard 5 July, 2009 @ 1:38 am   164

It would be nice to have some list of games we have as trophies are not allowed in every game. Trophy list it is too like some (incomplete) list of games we played and “percentage of effort” done. I suppose it may be a bit difficult to add games to the list when inserting the bluray, but it could have some way to add “games that have no trophies”, a list that has only the games without them for us to add manually. The “effort” and percentage of things done would be lost, but it would be nice for those cases.

cornflakey 5 July, 2009 @ 7:10 am   165

this is a really good idea because loading trophys for 3 mins is a little annoying just to see if you have more trophys then your friends

dy08ke 5 July, 2009 @ 9:17 am   166

Hi
Mr Manu !
could you please tell me why PS3.eu as well as other platforms companies doesnt let people buy game with first taste of DEMO of game ?
dont you think all people who own PS3 have right to test any game before they decide to buy any game ?
there are many why but I just start with this one .

regards

Is this update going live soon ?
Quite looking forward to it.

skippycue 17 July, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   168

I would VERY much like the ability to see who has certain trophies other than just people on my friends list. It would be fun to see the first person to 100% a game or get a certain trophy… Is this going to be part of the update?

Erroneus 20 July, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   169

Update is live now :)

mooks_fanboy 20 July, 2009 @ 5:30 pm   170

Please find a better utilisation of the space currently designated favourite game and mood word. That information seems better suited for the public id you have planned. I think it would be more appropriate to have displayed recently played games, and last seen login info. I think that information is much more valuable in widget form, rather than some static information that may never change for months.

Is it possible to have our Home avatar integrated into any of this? I’m sure management would like to see that.

You guys seem to be hard at work, and I definitely appreciate that. I just can’t help but think how much the Japanese software/UI guys are holding the whole thing back from being truly progressive as a platform. Oh well.

BiosNova 20 July, 2009 @ 7:36 pm   171

Hey guys i just wanted to let you know that viewing your quick friends and reading how long they have been offline seems to have a problem, it shows the wrong times, this is the same for times trophies were awarded.

Also when it shows my latest trophies it says that my Dead space Platinum is called Rookie, so there seems to be an issue with trophy names too.

just telling you! :)

LoveDoctor 21 July, 2009 @ 12:13 am   172

Hi Manu,

A couple of things:

1) PSP trophies.. Ever/when or never?
2) integrate this in the PS3 XMB instead of a website
3) Periodic update of sig tropies (once per week/month) ?

That’s it ;)

Params7 25 July, 2009 @ 7:10 pm   173

SO wait, you’ll have to login to see the leaderboards?

And you still have to keep updating the stupid card from time to time?

If so…Sony is still long, long ways off from giving the PSN players the “mygamercard.net”