Posted 6:01pm

PlayStation Store Update

Hello all, I’m back for another week of PlayStation Store fun! As seems quite fitting after a couple of slower weeks on the store, this week’s update is absolutely crammed with content.

We have four PSN games up for grabs, from our very own Numblast, to the comic-inspired shooter Punisher: No Mercy, as well as the old-school classic James Pond: Robocod. We have plenty for PSP owners too, with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite available digitally, as well as the PSP version of Numblast amongst other things.

We’ll also have a special publish on Friday morning for the digital PSP version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (which should be available around mid-morning).

Add to all of that content such as the Expansion Speed pack for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, a hearty amount of additional content for you PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 fans and LBP’s Sacktue of Liberty costume. There’s also another trailer for Battlefield 1943, which will be released next week (I’ve just read the review in my copy of Edge magazine today and it was given a healthy 9/10) so check that out if you haven’t already taken a look at this game. We also have plenty more Batman Arkham Asylum trailers on the store this week too, and this game is really looking like a good one.

Phew…I think that should be enough to keep us all busy for a week!

Downloadable Games

Numblast (£3.99/€4.99)
To play Numblast, move the cursor around the board and swap the positions of numeric cells to create combos of identical numbers aligned in 2×2 squares. These combos trigger explosions and as your skills improve so will the size of your combos.
PEGI 3+

Punisher: No Mercy (£6.99/€7.99)
The Punisher comes straight from the Marvel Universe to the PlayStation Network in this exclusive game – Offering frantic, arcade-style shooting action, with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer (supports eight players online), the goal is simple – survive!
PEGI 18+

topatoi: The Great Tree Story (£7.99/€9.99)
You may have already read the post by Natalia from the Boolat team on the blog yesterday about topatoi – this unique puzzle/platform game allows you to control a gyroscopic vehicle and offers varied and inventive ways to control, and make your way round, the 3D environments.
PEGI 7+

Trial (and unlock)

Red Baron Arcade (Trial free – unlock key £6.29/€7.99)
Available to buy via this trial version, the full version of Red Baron Arcade features 20 historic WW1 planes, where you can battle against countless enemies including zeppelins, battleships and other authentic aircraft. This game offers 36 levels of single player action, and you can also take the fight online against 7 other players.
PEGI 7+

PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

James Pond 2: Codename Robocod (£3.99/€4.99)
(I don’t know about you, but this game was one of my most-played when I was younger). Join James Pond as he jumps and stretches his way around some truly memorable levels. This is a true platforming classic.
PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
There is a vast array of content which will allow you to customise the way you play the game, give you a competitive edge (if you feel you need it) or add more gameplay; all this new content is listed below:
PEGI 3+

• +0.5 Putting Equipment (£0.79/€0.99)
  • +0.5 Short Game Apparel (£0.79/€0.99)
  • +0.5 Short Game Equipment (£0.79/€0.99)
  • +1 Accuracy Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Accuracy Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Power Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Power Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Putting Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Putting Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Short Game Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1 Short Game Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Accuracy Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Accuracy Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Power Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Power Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Putting Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Putting Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Short Game Equipment (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +1.5 Short Game Apparel (£1.19/€1.49)
  • +2 Accuracy Apparel (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Accuracy Equipment (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Power Apparel (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Power Equipment (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Putting Apparel (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Putting Equipment (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Short Game Apparel (£1.59/€1.99)
  • +2 Short Game Equipment (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Advanced Drivers (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Advanced Fairway Woods (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Advanced Irons (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Advanced Putters (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Advanced Wedges (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Expert Drivers (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Expert Fairway Woods (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Expert Irons (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Expert Putters (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Expert Wedges (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Intermediate Drivers (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Intermediate Fairway Woods (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Intermediate Irons (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Intermediate Putters (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Intermediate Wedges (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Max Stats Costumes (£2.39/€2.99)
  • The Predator Fantasy Course (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Spyglass Hill (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Course Pass (£1.59/€1.99)

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – Expansion Speed (£4.79/€5.99)
The Expansion Speed pack contains three extra tracks, with three track variants, three previously unseen vehicles and a Speed mini-festival featuring 48 new brutal events. There are also plenty of unlockable rewards, and new trophies to be gained too.
PEGI 12+

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – Monarch Signature Livery Pack (free)
Another exclusive livery pack to customise your vehicle with, available for a limited time only; hurry if you want to download this free pack before it’s gone.
PEGI 12+

LittleBigPlanet – Sacktue of Liberty Costume (free)
Free and available only for one week, you can dress your Sackboy up in iconic fashion!
PEGI 7+

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
You can now customise your characters with these additional armour sets:
PEGI 12+

• Kempo Armour Set (men) (free)
  • Royal Armour Set (men) (free)
  • Artemis Armour Set (women) (free)
  • Queen Armour Set (women) (free)

Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks from the punk label Epitaph available to download:

• 21st Century Digital Boy by Bad Religion (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Linoleum by NoFX (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Ruby Soho by Rancid (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Epitaph Punk-O-Rama Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)

PEGI 12+

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from Foreigner, an additional track by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club as well as the second pack taken from the Warped Tour 2009:

• Blue Morning, Blue Day by Foreigner (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Feels Like The First Time by Foreigner (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Head Knocker by Foreigner (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Foreigner Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Hey John, What’s Your Name Again? By The Devil Wears Prada (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Sweet Talk by Dear and the Headlights (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Warped Tour 2009 Pack 02 (this combines the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Weapon of Choice by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (£0.99/€1.49)

Videos(free)

• WipEout HD Fury Trailer
  • Battlefield 1943 Coral Sea Trailer
  • MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Adrenaline Expansion Trailer
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Combat Trailer
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Trailer
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Invisible Predator Trailer
  • Bayonetta Second Climax Trailer
  • Mini Ninjas Hiro Gameplay Trailer
  • Astro Tripper Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Manager

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (£24.99/€39.99)
The massive hit in Japan makes it way over to Europe and now you can experience the phenomenon for yourself. Embark on a massive adventure (with up to three friends in Ad-Hoc Mode) hunting down possibly the fiercest monsters ever known!
PEGI 12+
(817 MB required)

Numblast PSP (£3.99/€4.99)
The only difference between this version and the PS3 version is that you can take this one of the move with you via your PSP. Create those combos everywhere you go!
PEGI 3+
(43MB required)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (available from Friday the 3rd of July – £29.99/€39.99)
Play tournament golf with Tiger Woods and many other PGA Tour pros as you aim to be the best golfer in the world, feel the drama with every swing.
PEGI 3+
(982MB required)

Donkey Xote (£7.99/€9.99)
Join Rucio, Sancho and Don Quixote on a journey to Barcelona Fair, where a prestigious battle is set to take place.
PEGI 3+
(687MB required)

Super Hind (£15.99/€19.99)
What would you do if you were given access to the deadliest military helicopter created and the power to change the world? Now is your chance to find out.
PEGI 7+
(182MB required)

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:
PEGI 12+

• Losing My Religion by R.E.M. (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Sin Wagon by Dixie Chicks (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Still Alive by GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton (£0.99/€1.49)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

300 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
andypritchard 2 July, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   1

wahts happened to movie trailers there hasnt been any for ages

Pacman_Ownage 2 July, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   2

somethings seemes overpriced >.> but Motorstorm is here so i dont care

AcidCrashX 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   3

wow im kinda shocked there isn’t any trials for the new PSN games. either way thanks Mike!

Smegzilla 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   4

Thanks for the update!

Question: Will we have to pay and download the two versions of Numblast separately if we want one to play on the PS3 and one to play on the go?

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

They are two separate versions for each platform I’m afraid.

FascistBullyBoy 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   5

Mike,

Are there currently any future plans to put a “demo” category on the store?
If not could you find out if SCEE will consider this as an option please?
If they will not consider it could you find out why it will not be up for consideration?

Thanks.

FAZ6198 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   6

Still no fat princess, any news on release date.

BobeshJakCip 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   7

No Trine or Fat Princess again :( Bah…

LAClennell 2 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   8

Still no Fallout DLC :(

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

As Bethesda themselves said last week, it will be coming later, there is no confirmed release date at the moment.

onlineatron 2 July, 2009 @ 6:04 pm   9

No Trine

No Punisher Demo

Well done on another rubbish update SCEE
Get your act together and start giving EU the content it deserves!

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

Trine is coming later on this year, and no demo was submitted for Punisher – to be fair, I can’t agree with you that this is a rubbish update.

Wright316uk 2 July, 2009 @ 6:04 pm   10

nice update i didnt even realise james pond 2 was a ps1 game i did however used to spend hours on it on my master system ah the gd old days i think its still around ere sumwhere

dimososir 2 July, 2009 @ 6:04 pm   11

can i play monster hunter on my ps3 now thats digital?

Luke-UK-PL 2 July, 2009 @ 6:05 pm   12

nice update motorstorm and punisher but still no bomberman :(

Thats alot of Tiger Woods packs.

Might get Punisher:No Mercy, are there any reviews?

Samii

Wraxend 2 July, 2009 @ 6:06 pm   14

still no fallout dlc oh well its coming soon i hope. any idea on a time frame for fat princess?

LAClennell 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm   15

Mike, any news on the Fallout DLC?

TonyLeMesmer 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm   16

No Ghostbusters demo again?

LAClennell 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm   17

Sorry, ignore my second post

BiosNova 2 July, 2009 @ 6:07 pm   18

Good update guys well done!

Is there any news on MGS1 coming to the store? I’d like the Fallout 3 DLC but i know this is out of your hands so i’m not gonna blame you :).

3 full games! Thats nice! Yet i’d like to say that a demo for each PSN game = more sales ;)

Zoibie 2 July, 2009 @ 6:08 pm   19

Wow, a lot of DLC. Then I see it’s mostly EA and everything makes sense again.

Still, Topatoi was an insta-buy :D

Any update on Spyro Mike?

Harlequiine 2 July, 2009 @ 6:08 pm   20

No Worms, no Resident Evil & no MGS for us Australians still? I’ve got to ask.. why? It’s been a long time now and I’m starting to think I should just get it from America. We also didn’t get Topatoi from what I can see.

Can we get a confirmation for a release date on any of these games here in Australia?

Good update besides that though, 3 new games – miss the Fallout DLC though.

EmpireNO 2 July, 2009 @ 6:09 pm   21

Pretty good update, thanks. :)

R_Navarro 2 July, 2009 @ 6:09 pm   22

Where’s the ghostbusters demo? :(

Amherst_Wind_4 2 July, 2009 @ 6:09 pm   23

You know I would be mad at the total lack of PSone Classics…

If it weren’t for James Pond, I played that game to death on the Megadrive!

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:10 pm

I absolutely loved this game when I was younger – I had a quick play on it yesterday, brought back a lot of memories – loved the music too ;)

£61.56 for all those Tiger Woods Packs!

You could almost buy a game for that!! LOL!!

Samii

Smegzilla 2 July, 2009 @ 6:10 pm   25

Ahh choices choices, I refuse to pay twice for the same game, so I need to decide if I want to play Numblast in the comfort of my home or have it to take anywhere with me.

I’d assume it doesn’t work over remote play either, as a way to make people pay for the PSP version. I don’t know this though and I’m not sure I want to take the risk and just buy it on the off chance.

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:11 pm

That’s a good point, I’m not too sure about that. I’ll ask Olivier about this and get back to you in the morning if I have that information. Cheers

Espiox 2 July, 2009 @ 6:10 pm   26

Oh come on.

CRASH 2.

Please?

How about….Suikoden? Pretty please? With cherries on and everything?
It’s been a good few months since it was released on the US store…anything?
T.

rp2000 2 July, 2009 @ 6:11 pm   28

When will we get the first of the Capcom PS3/PSP/PS1 games?

rp2000

mrfight67 2 July, 2009 @ 6:12 pm   29

Thanks for a great update guys!

Nothing for me at the moment, but i will be getting some stuff once ive saved and brought a 16GB memory stick for my PSP :)

2 questions if you don’t mind:

1: Will Rock Band Unplugged be coming to PlayStation Store? I have £25 saved waiting for this.

2: Will the Ratchet And Clank: ACIT pre-order goodies be coming over to the UK?

Thanks if you answer, and thanks again for a great update!

C_Stewie 2 July, 2009 @ 6:12 pm   30

Good update! I’ll be seeing what the fuss is all about for Monster Hunter!

Ragnarok-NZ 2 July, 2009 @ 6:12 pm   31

Wow! Mike, I must admit, this is quite an improvement over last week.

I’m a little confused though – Numblast is available on both PSP and PS3 – as separate purchases, or a single purchase and playable via remote play or something?
Anyways, Great Update!

Now if only we could convince Konami and Capcom to bring their PSOne classics over onto our PSN…Metal Gear Solid, oh how much I want you…

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:12 pm   32

Okay guys, I hate to post and run, but I can’t stick around tonight :(

I will however be in bright and early tomorrow so I will check back through the comments with my morning coffee.

Have a good evening all!! :P

Wright316uk 2 July, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   33

@26 crash 2 was on ages ago wasnt it ive had it at least since 07

onlineatron 2 July, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   34

Trine is out on Steam today.

It’s not out ‘later this year’ it’s should be out today or next week.

The 360 version has a release date of ‘later this year’

Mike Kebby 2 July, 2009 @ 6:15 pm

Not from the information I have from the team that help look after the content. Believe me, the information I get is true and not conjecture ;)

LAClennell 2 July, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   35

Mike, if you don’t mind me asking – Why does every update have to be on Thursdays? Why can’t you update frequently like the Xbox Live marketplace?

Well, another slow week, for me atleast.

I might pick up James Pond 2: Codename Robocod for the nostalgy, god I loved to play that game as a kid, on my super awesome Amiga!

Nubmlast got me interested, I absolutely love puzzle games!

Well now when you look at it, not a bad week at all. When you think of the couple last weeks…. Heh.

Still couple “popular” PS1 Classics would be nice, what about that Capcom announcement couple days ago?

lordbeagle 2 July, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   37

Cool update Mike, wow where have all the blast factor moaners gone?

FFObsessed 2 July, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   38

Where is Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil?

James Pond 2… JAMES POND…

It’s ridiculous we STILL have to wait weeks for PS1 games after they go up on the US store…

My PS3 died and I want some PS1 games to play on PSP, so hurry up with those two please.

Luke-UK-PL 2 July, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   39

great update downloading motorstorm expansion and punisher hope all updates will be like that

andypritchard 2 July, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   40

plaese answer ive posted this a few times whats happened to the movie trailer section its been a year since new content

Jack-Bauer-89 2 July, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   41

I read on some news site earlier that US is getting a Punisher demo, ill wait and see before i buy something.

I find it hard to but a game with out some form of demo.

HazelAM 2 July, 2009 @ 6:15 pm   42

i agree with mike, this is actually a pretty good update, for a change, couldn’t resist :)
i know i read about a ghostbusters demo that was supposed to have been out on the 25th of last month, whatever happened to that?

i think maybe sony should make demos for psn titles mandatory like ms does with the arcade titles.
they’ve been doing at least one game a week almost as long as the ps3 has been out, and every single one of those games has a demo.
even the community games have a timed demo option.

and the store does need a demo catagory, most people would agree with that.

PirateThom 2 July, 2009 @ 6:15 pm   43

Decent update, I would really liked to have played a demo of topatoi, it looks good, but I’m going to see what people say before comitting to it.

Really, all store games should have demos.

I was expecting Trine though, for some reason. Alas, I can wait.

onlineatron 2 July, 2009 @ 6:16 pm   44

Also where the hell are all the updates such as Last Guy and Bionic Commando.

Comet Crash?

Bomberman?

Come on guys why does it take so long for UK to get stuff.

SamuraiClarke 2 July, 2009 @ 6:16 pm   45

I can’t believe Metal Gear Solid hasn’t been released yet! This is really annoying, I NEED to play this game so badly.. Ammerica have had it for what, three weeks or something? How hard can it really be to release an English version for Ireland and the U.K, just make the non-English countries wait… :(

I’m a sad Samurai….

PirateThom 2 July, 2009 @ 6:16 pm   46

@lordbeagle

They’ve been replaced with me, probably the only person who cares about the Last Guy patch! :P

Espiox 2 July, 2009 @ 6:16 pm   47

@33 It was apparently pulled down and never put back up.

It’s also just about the only game I ever really wanted out of this PSone Classics thing (except perhaps the Spyro games, also missing in action I should add).

Gah! I fail at typing Numblast! Stupid me…

Zoibie 2 July, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   49

@33, yes it was. It was put up with Spyro 2 only there was a game-stopping glitch in Spyro and they decided to remove both just to be sure. I haven’t discovered any problems with Crash 2 so I don’t know why that isnm’t back up

Warning12 2 July, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   50

Lets talk hypothetical eh :3?

IF all PS3′s become backwards compatible, will POSSIBLY be a thing that you MIGHT download from PSN or MAYBE just a POSSIBLE update?

:3?