Posted 3 July

PlayStation Store Highlights Coming This Summer

Hello all. I thought I’d take some time to make you aware of some of the highlights coming to the PlayStation Store this summer. There is a nice list of content below for you to check out, but there will also be plenty more to come over the coming months too – this is just a small snippet for you.

You will notice here that I have made no mention of specific release dates; I just want to avoid any upset if dates did change. My aim today is just to give you the ‘heads-up’ for some of the content you should be expecting to see in the summer months on the store.

Battlefield 1943

The fight for Pacific domination begins as Battlefield’s award winning online vehicle warfare explodes onto PlayStation Network.

Fight on the ground, take to the skies, or command deadly tanks, all in the aim to take defeat the enemy. Fight as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy in this online shooter set in the beautiful Pacific Islands – although they won’t stay like that for long.

Battlefield 1943, 1Battlefield 1943, 2

Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage

Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. Gain access to unique armor, weapons, and exotic gadgets while you build and command interactive Strike Teams to win the battle and defeat the Chinese base.

Bomberman Ultra

One of the pioneers of the ‘party-game’ genre, Bomberman is an all-time classic and will be a welcome addition to the PSN Store family! You can compete in eight player online matches, or play with friends at home via local multi-player across 14 exotic arenas. Bomberman Ultra also gives you a vast range of customisable options, so your Bomberman character can be truly unique.

Bomberman Ultra

Zombie Apocalypse

Combining zombies, up to four players and a nicely varied arsenal of weapons, this game pits you against wave after wave of zombies in the aim to protect civilians for a set time limit. Join the fight against the walking dead!

Zombie Apocalypse, 2

TV Show King

Test your brains against friends and family by answering from thousands of fun and challenging questions in this virtual TV quiz show. Play for fun, or to test your general knowledge skills, and for the ultimate challenge play online against players from all over the world. With various modes, and question categories, there is endless fun to be had.

TV Show King, 2TV Show King, 1

Shatter

Crossing retro brick-breaking action with modern gameplay mechanics, this PlayStation exclusive title features innovative controls, physics effects, boss battles, and various game modes. Shatter is bound to keep you coming back for more.

Shatter

Also on the horizon is a new puzzle game called Trine, voted by Gamespot as the ‘Best Downloadable’ game of E3 2009, and new content for Savage Moon. I’ll try and update you guys more often on titles coming to the PlayStation Store when possible, but don’t forget that the developers will also be posting directly to the blog to update you on forthcoming titles (which is where you can ask questions directly to them). So make sure you keep coming back to the blog to see what we’ll be bringing for you to the store!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

117 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Jack-Bauer-89 3 July, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   1

Oh my poor wallet :)

Gotoxy-90 3 July, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   2

Great! Thanks, Mike.

UmiChan_88 3 July, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   3

no fat princess? :(

Hmm no Fat Princess :/ Oh well. Fingers crossed Zombie Apocalypse is any good :)

Where’s Trine?

Where is Fat Princess?

CaptnSpaulding 3 July, 2009 @ 12:20 pm   7

*AHEM*… video store???

I’m emigrating to the states just because SCEA are better than SCEE!! :)

Ah, it got mentioned.. Sorry.

JesteR17011 3 July, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   9

WHERE IS TRINE?

GRS0n1c 3 July, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   10

Looking good! :D But what about Fat Princess and Trine?

RagingAvatar 3 July, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   11

No Fat Princess :-( :-( :-( :’(

CoolTails 3 July, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   12

But where o where is fat princess??

Has it been delayed,canned,or has she just not been able to get through the scee doors??

RadioactiveMouse 3 July, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   13

Oh I love it!!! :D

I thought when you replied about this kind of thing a couple of weeks back it was just a courteous thing but you actually did it!

Good job ;)

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   14

I wasn’t allowed to mention Fat Princess because of what happened last time we mentioned it on the blog…better to be safe than sorry. The developers will be the ones to come onto the blog to announce it’s arrival when a date has been decided. It is coming though don’t worry.

JordanBlack68 3 July, 2009 @ 12:29 pm   15

Cool!

serendipiddy 3 July, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   16

is shatter ps3 or psp :\?? love these arcady games on the psp

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:31 pm

All the games in this article are versions coming to the PS3 store, I may do a PSP update for you all in due course ;)

mitch_uk_psn 3 July, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   17

C’mon folks, read the full article before shouting about Trine.

JesteR17011 3 July, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   18

“As for Trine – the developers will be posting about the game in much more detail next week – it is definitely coming though, and not before time- it looks fantastic!!”

And not before time? What?

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

It’s just a phrase, probably not used too much anymore actually. Basically it was my way of saying ‘hooray, it’s going to be here soon, I’ve been looking forward to it for ages’ :D

UmiChan_88 3 July, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   19

Thankks for the reply about Fat Princess Mike ;)!

DaftMav 3 July, 2009 @ 12:32 pm   20

Trine changed from late June to “somewhere in the coming months”, and Fat Princess got seriously stuck somewhere too as it’s not on this list but it was in that previous EU blogpost “What’s Coming Up On PSN This June” (50% of the games in that post turned out to be “after June” hehe).

Battlefield 1943 will probably fly in next week though, unless some SCEE QA nerd manage to find a bug that allows us all to run on water, drastically changing the balanced gameplay. ;P

Pete Hines said somewhere that the Fallout 3 DLC is a lot harder to prepare for the PSN store than expected, maybe it’s just that the SPUs are mind-boggling even with DLC packs. Oh well, as long as it’s not too buggy eh? Probably can spend another 100hrs in Fallout 3 before I’ve seen it all.

Danlisa 3 July, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   21

Nice info Mike. Thanks to you & your team.

One thing though. While I know that you guys work with what you are given in as far promo shots of upcoming games but why must we always see ingame content that is captured from a PC? I refer especially to Battlefield 1943, where it is obvious that the screens are from the PC version and will bear no resemblance to what we will finally see on the PS3. Advertising tricks aside, I wonder if future multiplatform titles could actually feature genuine PS3 captures. It gives a better idea of what to expect graphically.

You may gather from this that I have been duped before by bad PS3 versions of generally good games.

Peace.

CaptnSpaulding 3 July, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   22

Mike Mike Mike… video store?? Please give us just a slight hint… just tell us if it’s still coming this year at least??

Sky is crap so I want to be renting movies over Christmas to watch with the kids!!!

serendipiddy 3 July, 2009 @ 12:34 pm   23

ty for reply, psp version would be sweet ty too :)

might just havta kick dad off the ps3 ;)

also, ty sir kebby for the inspiration!! decided to do some scribbling tonight :3

uh oh :/
Was looking for Fat Princess of WipEout HD Fury.
Guess I’ll have to wait some more.

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

Don’t worry, as I said this was just a snippet of content coming, there were some titles that are coming that I just wasn’t able to talk about yet, or give a release period to. Have faith :)

DaftMav 3 July, 2009 @ 12:37 pm   25

Remove the space and add the ndipiddy.jpg ;)

serendipiddy 3 July, 2009 @ 12:38 pm   26

aw.. :(
try this one..

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:40 pm

Awesome stuff – heroic, I approve :)

How about a version I can use as an avatar perhaps?

CaptnSpaulding 3 July, 2009 @ 12:39 pm   27

oh ok… :(

You know you want to though…don’t you? lol

Any reviews on Punisher? I’m dying to get it but there’s no demo. I know £7 is hardly nothing but I’ve bought some rubbish off the PSN due to lack of demos.

Have you played it Mike?

For some reason, watching the trailer brings the classic Goldeneye to mind.. I wish!

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:41 pm

There will never be a multiplayer shooter like Goldeneye again – I was addicted to that game.

I had a quick go on Punisher last night (single player only though) and it seems quite fun, but I haven’t played long enough to give you a better indication than that.

JesteR17011 3 July, 2009 @ 12:39 pm   28

Well i hope Trine will be here at least in 2 weeks. It was suppose to release 2 weeks before the PC release. Well its out for PC now and still no date for the PSN…..

dazman5000 3 July, 2009 @ 12:43 pm   29

Bomberman, huzzah!

serendipiddy 3 July, 2009 @ 12:44 pm   30

glad you like it :3

avatar..? hmm.. i’ll see if i can squish it a bit.. lol

fords30 3 July, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   31

Awesome. Looking forward to a lot of great content coming to PSN over the coming months.

Any news on ‘OPMHD’? Been advertised as coming in 2009 for a while now but haven’t heard anymore about it.

Regardless, lots of great games there. Good job. :)

Consolero788 3 July, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   32

I can’t wait for Operation Anchorage! Finally some fresh Fallout 3 action!

DaftMav 3 July, 2009 @ 12:46 pm   33

Hmm, yeah what did happen with that Punisher demo? It was supposed to come out yesterday together with the full game: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1000444p1.html

Kenshin71 3 July, 2009 @ 12:48 pm   34

Hello Mike,

XBox Live will be getting full downloadable games this August, games like Assassin’s Creed, Bioshock and DiRT, 30 titles at launch. Will PSN be getting anything like this service or will PS3 only owners have to do without and look on enviously as their 360 playing brethren enjoy these games off their HDD? The PS3 has a few full games on PSN so it’s kind of dumb Sony didn’t run with it. Could you possibly email a few people, get a comment from whoever is responsible, either yay or nay please? Cheers.

Mike Kebby 3 July, 2009 @ 12:53 pm

Obviously we started the ball rolling with titles like GT5 Prologue and Warhawk, and there’s the PSN edition of Burnout Paradise available too. I can have a sniff around and see if there’s more to come.

I think it’s certainly interesting for AAA titles to come to the digital format, I just think until the UK and other parts of Europe get a better broadband penetration download times may still be a barrier for some people – but it’s certainly great that we started releasing them all those months ago :)

betahoven 3 July, 2009 @ 12:49 pm   35

@Mike

Mind if I ask who is publishing Bomberman Ultra in Europe? It would be unusual if Hudson were doing it here themselves.

Are we ever going to get a Video Download Store for Europe? :(

I just looked at the US PSN Video Store and it looks really cool. Wish we had it to. Is it ever coming?

Anyway i can’t wait for Bomberman Ultra. Loved the Demo i got off US PSN Store ;P

Consolero788 3 July, 2009 @ 12:52 pm   37

Are there any release dates set for those games? I mean the exact dates, not just the month.

Suzzopher 3 July, 2009 @ 12:52 pm   38

Any news on WipEout HD Fury release date? I need this bad :(

enormhi 3 July, 2009 @ 12:58 pm   39

What If you don’t have a CC? Any plans of bringing Pre-paid Cards to Holland/Europe?

KatesDog 3 July, 2009 @ 1:00 pm   40

I’m definitely looking forward to video downloading, but even more I can’t wait for Marvel VS Capcom 2.

On a side note, regarding Goldeneye, I picked up a real cheap N64, 4 controllers and Goldeneye. Just for those retro nights and memories of a wasted Sixth Form

serendipiddy 3 July, 2009 @ 1:03 pm   41

ty again :)
an avatar for Sir Kebby :) should you ever want one

sleep now.. too much numblast is exhusting..

almighty-slayer 3 July, 2009 @ 1:09 pm   42

Thank you very much Sir Kebby. Lots of this stuff is definitely anticipated for me. Looking forward to it :)

Pahlan 3 July, 2009 @ 1:13 pm   43

@Mike : Thanks for your reply, Mike, my heart is a little warmer now ;)
Keep up the good work !

Stud_Kick_Ass 3 July, 2009 @ 1:17 pm   44

Thanks a lot Awesome Kebby.

Can’t wait for Zombie Apocalypse, any release window for that game?

TheSabreman 3 July, 2009 @ 1:43 pm   45

Thanks for the update.

I hope Gravity Crash is on the horizon soon as it looks like a retro styled classic similar to Thrust.

P-Stringer08 3 July, 2009 @ 1:43 pm   46

This all looks so cool! The PSN has really stepped up is game with releases, im so excited! Well done guys, im worried about how im going to justify spending all this money on game to the other half lol

LarZen 3 July, 2009 @ 1:45 pm   47

Im using just more and more money on the Playstation Store and the Home service. As a bussines model things should look realy good for Sony :)

And thanks for updates like this Mike!

hobgoblin 3 July, 2009 @ 1:56 pm   48

Afternoon Mike

Don’t know if you’ll be able to answer this. Regarding TV Show King, I’m assuming (judging by the picture) that you’ll only be able to select pre-configured players to play as, as opposed to using your own Home avatar??

Thanks.

smokeypsd 3 July, 2009 @ 2:10 pm   49

Seriously thanks heaps Mike Kebby. I realise the need to not put release dates out there but this idea of just letting us know what IS ahead is a fantastic idea. Especially when a lot of us are onlooking releases to the US store and feeling a bit left out.

It’d make somewhat uneventful store updates for ourselves just that little bit easier to wear to at least know what is coming down the track.

Heartsbane 3 July, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   50

Great line-up for the Summer. And this is the gaming dry season!? Oi vey!

I’m salivating over Battlefield 1943, Fat Princess, Trine, and the Fallout 3 DLC. Just got my Fallout 3 Platinum trophy and I’m looking for more! :D

Load all