Posted 16 July

PlayStation Store Update – 16th July 2009

Hello all. I know this update looks light on content, and I do apologise for that, but we do have more full games lined up for release in the coming weeks so please hang in there if there’s nothing of interest for you this week (I’m sure most of you are occupied enough with Battlefield 1943 – and if not, why not?) :)

For those of you who have yet to try Trash Panic, there is a demo now available, and after a long wait, the expansion patch (with additional trophies) for The Last Guy is now with us. I’m also personally very excited about the Eagles of Death Metal tracks and pack for Guitar Hero: World Tour, as they’re one of my favourite bands (saw them live a couple of weeks ago, and they were excellent, I couldn’t recommend them enough), plus we also have some snazzy Ghostbusters costumes to be had for LittleBigPlanet, and a couple of full PSP games in the shape of Tomb Raider Anniversary and Brothers in Arms D-Day.

I just want to let you know that there will be a delay in responses from me in the comments section this week, as I’m not in the office Thursday and Friday (birthday celebrations) but when I return on Monday I will read through them and reply as usual. Have a great weekend!

Demos (free)

Trash Panic Demo
Trash Panic is a frantic puzzle game at the best of times, but in this demo you have three minutes to clear all the trash for this specially developed level – better get cracking, there’s not a second to waste.
PEGI 3+

PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

Disney’s Tarzan (£3.99/€4.99)
Join Tarzan and his friends in this action-packed adventure, ride elephants and tree-surf as you journey through the jungle. Great fun for all the family.
PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

The Last Guy – Bonus Mission (£1.59/€1.99)
Three new missions are now available, with new VIPS to rescue in Santa Fe Plaza (US), Ostermalm (Sweden) and Nagoya Castle (Japan). There are also eight new trophies to be won too.
PEGI 7+

LittleBigPlanet
This week you can decorate your Sackboy with various costumes from the world of Ghostbusters:
PEGI 7+

• Ghostbuster Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • No Ghosts Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Slimer Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Stay Puft Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Ghostbusters Costume Kit (contains the four costumes listed above) (£4.79/€5.99

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
This week there are more armour sets available for you to download:
PEGI 12+

• Desert Armour Set (Men)
  • Lion Armour Set (Men)
  • Paladin Armour Set (Women)
  • Shaman Armour Set (Women)

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from The Dead Weather (Jack White’s new band), Judas Priest and Big Dipper:
PEGI 12+

• All Going Out Together by Big Dipper (£0.59/€0.79)
  • She’s Fetching by Big Dipper (£0.59/€0.79)
  • Younger Bums by Big Dipper (£0.59/€0.79)
  • Big Dipper Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£1.69/€2.29)
  • Hang You From The Heavens by The Dead Weather (£0.99/€1.49)
  • No Hassle Night by The Dead Weather (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Treat Me Like Your Mother by The Dead Weather (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Third Man Records – The Dead Weather Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Dissident Aggressor (Live) by Judas Priest (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Eat Me Alive (Live) by Judas Priest (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Prophecy (Live) by Judas Priest (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Judas Priest Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)

Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks and a pack from the Eagles of Death Metal available to download:
PEGI 12+

• Anything Cept The Truth by Eagles of Death Metal (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Cherry Cola by Eagles of Death Metal (£1.59/€1.99)
  • I Only Want You by Eagles of Death Metal (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Eagles of Death Metal Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.49/€5.99)

Videos (free)

• Battlefield 1943 Guadalcanal Trailer
  • Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood Brother Trailer
  • Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood Launch Trailer
  • Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood Multiplayer Trailer

Themes & Wallpapers (free)

• Battlefield 1943 Theme 2
  • Battlefield 1943 Wallpapers x3
  • Numblast Theme

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Manager

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

Tomb Raider Anniversary (£11.99/€14.99)
Tomb Raider Anniversary takes inspiration from the original Tomb Raider game, in this re-imagined version of the classic adventures of Lara Croft.
PEGI 16+
(MB required)

Brothers In Arms D-Day (£15.99/€19.99)
Based on the battles of the 101st Airbourne campaign in Normandy, this tactical shooter sees you lead the Screaming Eagles into action.
PEGI 16+
(MB required)

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:
My Curse by Killswitch Engage (£0.99/€1.49)
My Iron Lung by Radiohead (£0.99/€1.49)
PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

243 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Sasukekun 16 July, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   1

Allow me to ask my usual question again please

Where’s our Bomberman?

MGS?

And Euro video store?

The Euro vid store was promised over a year ago and we’re still waiting.

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:10 am

Bomberman Ultra is coming later this summer, also as many people keep asking about the MGS and Resident Evil PSOne Classics we have contacted both Capcom and Konami and passed on the blog comments requesting information on MGS and Resident Evil classics. We have not heard anything back from them yet, as soon as we do we will let you know.

As for Video Store I’m not part of the team working on this project, but at some point there should be an announcement on the blog on this subject.

almighty-slayer 16 July, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   2

Be ready to be yelled at. A lot.

Nothing to buy (surprise), and i already got bored of 1943′s heap of problems.

So yeah…Thanks for saving my money

Good update Mike
Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

almighty-slayer 16 July, 2009 @ 5:29 pm   4

Also: Get Rock Band Unplugged (full game) up there will you? Please?

TheHunterAmin 16 July, 2009 @ 5:29 pm   5

Where is the new Killzone 2 DLC ?

Silent_Gig 16 July, 2009 @ 5:30 pm   6

Nice update, keep up the good work!

Hello SCEE

great update, I am happy that you guys offer great content to European ps3 owners

makingdamage 16 July, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   8

YES! Finally! DLC for The Last Guy. But I thought there were going to be new maps to explore :-(
But maybe there is more to it than what the text above says?

KillerMiller23 16 July, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   9

Any update on Fat Princess? A release date would be fantastic especially considering it’s over a month after it was originally supposed to be released. I am really looking forward to investing some serious time into that game, it looks like great fun.

almighty-slayer 16 July, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   10

I hope 6 andd 7 are being sarcastic.

My goodness, what a rubbish week. From the pathetic Playstation.Blog support [which has eventually left all of us in the dark regarding this morning's PlaystationHome content update, which has yet to appear] to the horrifyingly nightmarish yet-again miserable Playstation Store update. In all honesty, i thought i had seen the worst, but SCEE simply keeps on impressing me. Where is Bomberman? It has been out over a month ago in the US. Whatever happened to the recent “catch-up” promises? Last but certainly not least, I thought the KZ2 third map pack would be deployed today..

SCEE shameful attitude towards the customer must come to end instantly.

Shuya86 16 July, 2009 @ 5:33 pm   12

ooo lastguy expansion good stuff thanks i’ll wait until bomberman before i pick it up though

hedges1001 16 July, 2009 @ 5:33 pm   13

um mike can u please for the love of gaming dig up some info on the disgaea 3 trophy patch and DLC for the pal regions i mean im fed up with feeling angry at SCEE for making us wait so long so please let me give you money for DLC americans have had for months. >(

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:13 am

There is DLC on it’s way (sorry, I can’t give specific dates at the moment) and I’ll ask about the trophy patch for you too.

Wraxend 16 July, 2009 @ 5:33 pm   14

Boring i knew there would be a lull after e3 but not over a month of nothing…. except for the amazing battlefield of course and found it funny looking at your old post to see the psn summer post with fallout3 dlc included which is now coming out in late september if we’re lucky

Robert5050 16 July, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   15

Nice update

I heard that the psn cards will be coming in October with the psp go is it true?

AaronSOLDIER 16 July, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   16

Any news on Namco Museum coming to UK?

Jack-Bauer-89 16 July, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   17

Every update still think theres a chance (all be it a very little chance) that we`ll get a English version of AD Hoc party.

Guess i should just give up hope :(

Cavalieroscuro 16 July, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   18

*** EUROPEAN MISTRUST MOVEMENT ***
We’ll start discuss on everything when we’ll be able to seat at the same table of JP/US customers, as normal customers and not low-level one.

We, European users, pay more than US users and JP users.
We, European users, have less than US users and JP users.

Why?

I, pasting this message in this blog, asks Sony to give us three things:
a. more contents – why we have to wait more when the game it’s not going to be localized? You just have to upload!
b. more respect – you know, paying more and have less isn’t fine, according to me. Don’t tell us to contact Konami because we bought Sony’s console, not Konami’s one!
c. more power to Mike Kebby – he must have every news, not that he has to ask everywhere to give us an info. He’s doing an extra-work to compensate Sony’s defects.

### Copy / Paste this message at every EU Store Update that, according to you – and only you -, is unsatisfactory.

We don’t want to obstruct constructive dialog but we’ll start to discuss when we’ll be able to seat at the same table of JP/US customers.

Do you want to let us hear from Sony? Copy/Paste it.

Tarzan?OMG
Where are MGS,Bomberman and the other great titles?

BloodyHitman 16 July, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   19

Where’s Bomberman and MGS1 ??

DaftMav 16 July, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   20

Are people actually paying for all those overpriced LBP costumes? Just wondering. And yeah, where’s Bomberman?

Callofduty1 16 July, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   21

JOKE JOKE JOKE IM GOING TO BUY A NTSC PSP IVE HAD IT WAITING FOR THESE PS1 GAMES LIKE SUIKODEN,MGS1,CASTLEVANIA SOTN TARZAN ARE SCEE TAKING THE MICK OR WHAT EBAY HERE I COME

hedges1001 16 July, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   22

@jack if the americans aint got it yet then the odds are really stacked against us for having it.
Ad hoc party would be awesome if it worked with wireless

Diablo_Rosso 16 July, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   23

MGS1?
Bomberman?
Rock Band Unplugged (as a download)?

Yeah, thanks for saving my money SCEE.

Tarzan, the well known PS1 classic.

Jesus, Allah and Vishnu.

Tekkenfanaat 16 July, 2009 @ 5:38 pm   25

@5: Details of the Killzone 2 DLC haven’t even been given, so a sudden release would be kind of weird.

The update itself is ok, nothing for me though.

Mike: Do you happen to know anything about the return of Crash Bandicoot 2 in the European Stores?

fords30 16 July, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   26

Yes! Awesome update SCEE! :)

Look forward to more great content next week. Keep up the good work.

Are there any plans to release Resident Evil Directors Cut in Europe as well as in the US? They got it a while ago so I would like to know.

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:14 am

We have contacted Capcom and passed on the blog comments requesting information on the Resident Evil classics. We have not heard anything back from them yet, as soon as we do we will let you know though.

I’m disappointed, another lackbuster update.

Callofduty1 16 July, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   29

WHAT THE HELL ARE SCEE PLAYING AT FOR OVER 2 YEARS IVE CHECKED THE STUPID STORE FOR PSP PSONE CLASSICS HMMMMMMMMMMMM JAMES POND AND TARZAN WELL THATS JUST FANTASTIC ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED EVERYONE BUY A NTSC PSP AND OPEN A USA PSN ACCOUNT I BET THEN ILL GET SUIKODEN,WILD ARMS,CASTELVANIA SOTN ,MGS NO PROBLEM

JesteR17011 16 July, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   30

Ok i really want to know when the following games are coming:

- Trine

- Namco Museum Essentials

- WipeOut HD Fury ( i heard it comes out next week, Confirm? )

Yep, without a doubt bad update. I cant remember the last time the US had a bad update though.

Anyway im not to mad, because like you said, im very pre-occupied with Battlefied 1943. Its the best Downloadable game ive ever played.

Paulus-NL 16 July, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   32

always nice to download full games from the store, if the person has a CC. and alot of people in europe don’t have a CC. so when is the time we can buy games/content etc form the store with cards or other payments. cause it is taking to long :(

loonytoon1982 16 July, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   33

I’m sorry but this is an absolute joke of an update. Usually I find something good amongst the poor stuff but this is a shambles.

I was at least hoping you’d bring Namco to us today but I guess we wont be seeing that for a while.

SLEDGE_ 16 July, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   34

I want my Fat princess :(
As for the update, nothing for me :\

Tiller_jnr 16 July, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   35

I Couldnt imagine a better Store Update!!!! oh i just remembered about 100 store updates from the last 2 years that were much better than the waste of space that is this weeks store update!!!!! Seriously Mike this is beyond a joke from about January to June we had pretty decent updates on a consistent basis, but 3 of the last 5 weeks of updates have been pathetic. and where the hell is Bomberman??? those bloomin Americans have had it 4 a month its just poor!!!!

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:22 am

I know it’s not the best update we’ve had, and I wish we could offer great content every week, but it’s not always possible, it depends on what content has been submitted, passed QA and is all ready to be built into the update.

Skookie30 16 July, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   36

Woow mike what good timeing useing some1 birthday to BURY bad news enjoy yourself still, it just confirm what i been saying scee dont what our money however scea does, they getting the namco essential later on today but i agree with you & you right the update light=CRAP get ready for the worse backlash even. :P

Demonized 16 July, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   37

Where’s my Video store?

I too, want Fat Princess.

Since this is not one of the games that we in Europe has yet to receive compared to the american and japanese people, there is little to say other then complaining about it not being released yet.

Croopnick_PL 16 July, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   39

I agree with #1 and add:
VidZone for other countries.

It maybe rude but…I starting to think that license problems are just cheap excuse.

MuddyRaven 16 July, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   40

MGS?!

Paulus-NL 16 July, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   41

for the KZ2 fans. the map pack “Napalm and Petrusite” is coming 23 july :)

Harlequiine 16 July, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   42

WORMS FOR THE AUSSIES! If you had mentioned that I wouldn’t have been so angry when I read this blog post! Thank yoooou at LAST!

Draco157 16 July, 2009 @ 5:44 pm   43

Killzone 2 pack?? I wanted to set some people on fire:P

hedges1001 16 July, 2009 @ 5:45 pm   44

oh and anything on an eu release for blazblue would be awesome

TheIsotope 16 July, 2009 @ 5:45 pm   45

Is that the PS1 Lara Croft Tomb Raider? If so im buying it :)

Kenshin71 16 July, 2009 @ 5:47 pm   46

SCE are pathetic. They should have been releasing Trine this week. Maybe next week by which time there should be a sour taste in most people’s mouths. Really, the management of the Playstation division are just crap, they really don’t seem to have a clue.

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:29 am

If Trine was ready for release it would have been on the store by now, there’s no reason why we would not release content if it was ready. Content gets released onto the store once it’s been subitted, passed QA and all the metadata is in place. If content is therefore not on the store you can assume that content has not fulfilled all the criteria mentioned above.

Demadred 16 July, 2009 @ 5:49 pm   47

I’m really looking forward to the time where every psp game is released online… it is so much easier for me…. i want rock band unplugged…. but i can understand it is harder to get online since it’s third party

micromagic 16 July, 2009 @ 5:49 pm   48

Nothing decent this week. Was expecting Trine this week. Any news on when we can expect it?

FascistBullyBoy 16 July, 2009 @ 5:50 pm   49

Not a bad update.

A few questions for Mike.

Any info on a demo category for the store?
If they won’t contemplate it is there a reason why?

What games (PSN and normal Bluray) are due to be released utilising the custom soundtracks feature and when?

Why are last weeks demos refusing to install on my PS3?

Mike Kebby 20 July, 2009 @ 10:33 am

We will be running an article soon that addresses many of the repeatedly asked questions by our users, demos is one of these issues, this post should be up later this week hopefully.

As for your question on utilising the custom soundtracks feature, I’ll see what information I can rustle up.

And demos not installing hmmmm, I’ve tried them and they’ve installed fine on my machine – are you getting any specific error messages at all?

andypritchard 16 July, 2009 @ 5:51 pm   50

will there be a arcade section on the psn store like xbox live?

Load all