Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:44pm

PlayStation Store Update – 23rd July 2009

So this week should be more pleasing than last week’s update, as we have two full games, one demo, and a nice array of add-on content for you.

Where to start, where to start? How about the much anticipated WipEout Fury expansion pack which is now available? Or the third map pack for Killzone 2, Napalm and Cordite, with two new weapons and two new maps, as well as a bundle pack of all three packs for anybody who has yet to try any of the previous maps. As for the two new games available for you, they come in the form of Shatter and Crystal Defenders, both taking well known gameplay styles and each giving them their own individual twists.

That’s not all though, the full list of content is as follows, and I really hope that this week there is something to please everyone.

Also I’ll be testing the water next week with posting the store update content list on Wednesday – a full day before the store updates. I know you all want to see what’s coming onto the store in advance, and the reason we’ve not done this before is that content can still change on the day of a publish. This is not to say it still won’t happen, there will be times when content may well change even after I’ll have posted the content list, but when this does happen I will update the list and be as transparent as possible about why content has not made the update. As this will be a test, if it proves problematic, I may revert to posting again only once the store has actually updated, but for now we’ll see how it goes.

Anyway, as usual leave your comments below and have a good week all!

Downloadable Games

Crystal Defenders (£7.99/€9.99)
Combine classic tower defence gameplay and the world of Final Fantasy and this is what you get. Deploy class based troops in tactical positions in order to protect the crystals from wave after wave of monsters.
PEGI 7+

Shatter (£4.79/€5.99)
Shatter is indeed what this brick-breaking game is all about as you utilise power-ups and special attacks to defeat the enemies. With innovative controls and physics based effects, Shatter is a great mix of old-school gameplay with a modern twist.
PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

Crystal Defenders Demo
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

WipEout HD – Fury Expansion Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
Twelve new tracks, thirteen new ship models and three new playable modes (two of which are available online – Eliminator and Zone Battle Modes) are included in this pack.
PEGI 3+

Killzone 2 – Napalm & Cordite Pack (£4.79/€5.99)
Two new maps, and in each map you get the opportunity to play with some new weapons. In Suljeva Cliffside you can arm yourself with the Flamethrower, and in Arctower Landing the Boltgun comes into play.
PEGI 18+

Killzone 2 – Map Pack Bundle (£9.99/€12.99)
Combining all the maps from the Steel & Titanium, Flash & Thunder and Napalm & Cordite packs, this bundle features six maps for you to play online.
PEGI 18+

Overlord II - Battle Rock Nemesis (£3.19/€3.99)
With new audience events to select from, Battle Rock gives you extra practise rounds, and new opponents to fight.
PEGI 16+

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Banff Springs (£4.79/€5.99)
Situated in the hilly terrain of Alberta, Canada, this famous course is now available for you to play, test your skill on the infamous ‘Devil’s Cauldron’ hole.
PEGI 3+

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Music Set 2 (free)
These additional music tracks are available to use via the game’s BGM Select screen.
PEGI 12+

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from Kings of Leon, Rancid and Rise Against:

• Crawl by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Molly’s Chambers by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Kings of Leon Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Last One to Die by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Ruby Soho by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Time Bomb by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Rancid Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Re-Education (Through Labor) by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Saviour by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Rise Against Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)

PEGI 12+

Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks and a pack taken from the Vagrant Records label:

• All The World is Mad by Thrice (£1.59/€1.99)
  • The Martyr by Sense Fail (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Young Cardinals by Alexisonfire (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Vagrant Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite Trailer
  • MAG Developer Diary: A Massive New War Is Coming
  • MAG Developer Diary: The Shadow Wars

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce – Download Pack 3 (free)
Put your skills to the test with these new missions, this pack also includes the previous mission packs released.
PEGI 12+

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:

• Casey Jones by Grateful Dead (£0.99/€1.49)
  • The Boys Are Back In Town (Live) by Thin Lizzie (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

298 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
lardteamaker 23 July, 2009 @ 3:49 pm   1

Good update. :)

Luis_FFgamer 23 July, 2009 @ 3:49 pm   2

Crystal Defenders ^^

yay, never though it would be out in Europe before America.

Ive been playing “Shatter” for the last 20mins now and im surprised by how much fun it actualy is….. very hectic game

Silent_Gig 23 July, 2009 @ 3:50 pm   4

Exellent update!
Good to see alot of popular games there.
Cant wait for trine next week, yes i called it for next week

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 3:54 pm

I just want to manage expectations here, at the moment it does not look like we’ll have Trine on the store for next week.

A good update but what’s about Trine ??? And MGS 1 or Resident Evil : Director’s Cut ???

Bilbo_bobbins 23 July, 2009 @ 3:51 pm   6

Nice update this week. I wont be purchasing KZ2 DLC though. Good price for all 3 packs if you want them. Shatter is cheap too, good pricing.

Nice one guys, glad to see you got everything out that we thought you would.. ;)

Nofi.

FallingStickman 23 July, 2009 @ 3:51 pm   8

If it wasn’t for Shatter it would be another really lousy update. But because Shatter is in it the update is just slightly lousy.

micromagic 23 July, 2009 @ 3:51 pm   9

Brilliant update. Also looking forward to seeing the the release list a day early next week, good idea.

Great update! Already downloading Wipeout Fury. Can’t wait to play it.
Might get Shatter after I see a couple of reviews.

Roxas598 23 July, 2009 @ 3:53 pm   11

bit disappointed on the PSP front

But Mikey (yes mikey :P) is there anyway of speaking to namco to get Tales of eternia (PSP game) on the store for download?

Nice update, but shame there is nothing for psp. How is Sony going to keep their promise of the amount of games that would be on psn before the end of the year?

Sasukekun 23 July, 2009 @ 3:53 pm   13

Good update.

Sorry about this Mike, but I feel I need to ask again.

When can we expect Bomberman and MGS?

Not only that, but has the EU video store been forgotten about completely?

It’s been over a year since the US vid store was launched, are we ever going to see the EU version? It is still in the works right? Will we see it before the year end?

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 3:57 pm

As mentioned in last week’s comments:

Bomberman – coming soon
    MGS – Konami have still not given us any indiciation, although we have asked
    Video Store – there will be more information to come at some point in the future.

Sorry, but that’s all I can say for the time being.

YobRenoops 23 July, 2009 @ 3:53 pm   14

Excellent, thats see what the moaners have to say now. I predict calls for RE1:DC and MGS1 from people that don’t read previous threads. Calls for Trine and Fat Princess, and general slating of SCEE.
People should read this and learn about localisation

Draco157 23 July, 2009 @ 3:54 pm   15

I like the idea of of wednesday release of the list for Thursday:):)

TheSabreman 23 July, 2009 @ 3:55 pm   16

Nice post.

I like idea of a store update on a wednesday even if you just put confirmed next to the titles which are definates.

I think it will help stop people getting upset with quiet weeks as they don’t have to wait to the last minute to find very little. It might be worth putting things like MGS no reply from Konami (Or Resident Evil)etc with popular requests for games rather than people posting the same question each week.

Good move Mike.

Chrysus 23 July, 2009 @ 3:56 pm   17

Trust Fury to come out the week my PlayStation is away for yellow light repairs :(

SwiftRyu 23 July, 2009 @ 3:57 pm   18

People are still slating this update? We’ve received 2 of the best downloadable games so far this year (Shatter and WipEout Fury pack) and a slew of other good content and people still complain? Unbelievable.

Awesome update guys, forgive the annoying bashers. They seem to forget that if they want MGS1 so badly they can go buy a copy off eBay. Its what I did a while ago.

Ouch, the price of the Killzone2 Map Pack bundle is a bit steep. I was eagerly awaiting the Bundle pack due and ready to spend 9.99€ on it, but 13€ is ridiculously overpriced. Oh well, i can live without the maps. Wipeout HD FURY, let’s Rock’n'Roll !!

And i still do not see Bomberman, but FURY will occupy me for some dozens of hours :)

@YobRenoops Could you then enlighten us about RE1 DC? Because I haven’t heard anything about it and would like to know if it comes to europe.

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

I can tell you that we’ve asked Capcom for an update, but so far we have not been given any information at present. As soon as we do, I’ll let you all know.

Nice update Mike :)

Hope next week’s trial is successful.

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:01 pm

Yup, me too. I know there is a need to get this information out to you before update day, I just hope it doesn’t blow up in my face :)

scs1965 23 July, 2009 @ 3:58 pm   22

Brilliant. Thats good pricing for the killzone bundle, but i’m a little sad at the lack of actual classic playstation classics, you know, the usual suspects RE1, MGS, etc. Still, pretty good update in my eyes. 8/10

AcidCrashX 23 July, 2009 @ 3:59 pm   23

oh noes! no trine for next week mike? well thanks for giving us a heads up.. its best to under promise and then over deliver :)

i think shatter is at a perfect price and i know both myself and girlfriend will be picking it up.. at 8quid i think Crystal Defenders is a bit much for what you get…. maybe sometime in the future

I think the idea of updates on a wednesday is great. i’m always after a rough idea of whats coming out on thursday to plan my funds accordingly.

brilliant update this week :)

whats going on with the pricing of the Killzone2 new maps, do Sony not know how to convert from dollars to pounds ?

$11.99 = £7.26 (what we should be paying)

or

£9.99 = $16.49 (what we are paying)

yet again the EU/UK get a shafting by Sony and their lack being able to work out conversion rates.

Here’s a link for you Sony

@YobRenoops MGS and RE:DC are already released games and were translated thus already, no excuse concerning the translation… But later, there are maybe other reasons which we ignore. A little of transparency would calm the spirits…

SKELLY7 23 July, 2009 @ 4:01 pm   26

Gotta ask. EU PSN Cards, when can we expect any inforation about them? Thanks for any insight you can offer Mike.

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

As soon as there is information on them you will all be told. Promise.

Nice update,

Shatter looks awesome,

How come we haven’t had a sale like the US had last week?

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:03 pm

We’ve had promotions before, we don’t co-ordinate them with the US, so we offer promotions at different times. There will be more coming in the future though.

BothBarsOn 23 July, 2009 @ 4:02 pm   28

Nice update, Mike.

Uh … I thought I had more to say than that. Apparently not.

Saber_IV 23 July, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   29

Where is MGS? :’(

YobRenoops 23 July, 2009 @ 4:06 pm   30

@Everyone going on about MGS and RE

Licensing issues. The games were originally licensed to SCEE as PS1 Disc games. There has to be some renegotiation of the license for said games to be released as PSN downloads. Obviously that is causing a problem due to the number of countries under the SCEE umbrella. Much easier in the US as its 1 country.

Your not going to die because they’ve not been released.

And everyone, waiting till Gamescom for more about the Video Store and PSN cards. No point bother Mike here.

pilotguy08 23 July, 2009 @ 4:07 pm   31

Hey Mike there was a problem with the 9th July update regarding Guitar Hero.

When you buy “NJ Legion Iced Tea” by “A Day To Remember” from the store,that after you buy it and go out to XMB to view your downloads it’s listed as one of the other tracks available from the victory records pack (can’t remember which track it was).

Also if I view my download history it’s listed as the other track. However in the game it’s listed as the proper track,NJ Legion Iced Tea.

I downloaded it on the 14th or 15th.

Posted on 23rd July, 2009 at 4:01 pm by SKELLY7

——————————————————-
Posted on 23rd July, 2009 at 4:04 pm by Mike Kebby

As soon as there is information on them you will all be told. Promise.
——————————————————-

Can I get a Sony “coming soon” please :)

Diablo_Rosso 23 July, 2009 @ 4:08 pm   33

Not a bad update, might get WipEout Fury.

10 replies in 17 minutes by the boy Klebby.

Pace yourself Mike, you’ll punch yourself out at this rate then they’ll hit you with the Fat Princess uppercut ;)

whoismilan 23 July, 2009 @ 4:09 pm   35

Snake?
Snake!?
SSNNAAAAAAKE!!!

Thank’s again for asking Konami though, I hope they’ll let us know something soon.

@YobRenoops With explanations as you have just given us, the pill already passes much better. An article dedicated to this kind of problems on the blog would not be of excess.

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

I have tried before in the past few updates comments section to explain the process, but there will be a PSN Store Q+A coming to the blog soon that will address the main questions we are asked on a weekly basis on the blog and in the forums.

Only just noticed I’ve been adding an L to you name all these weeks, sorry Mike.

kingofscotland 23 July, 2009 @ 4:10 pm   38

Good Update, interested to try Crystal Defenders so glad there is a demo I can try out 1st,

Hopefully on 18th Aug (Gamescon – Sony Press Event – 3 hrs)we’ll hear more about Video Store.

Hopefully they’ll do a ‘and it’s available…….. right now’

Keep up the good work Mike

Note to Nofi & Sev – you’ll need to do your ‘rumoured’ articles a day earlier now

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

That’s a good point kingofscotland – I hope nofi’s ready for that :D

TheHunterAmin 23 July, 2009 @ 4:10 pm   39

Hi Mike,

Can you tell me when Zombie Acopolypse is coming? I like to want Left 4 Dead but this i think it give me the same feeling and thought.. Thanks in advance :)

hello question to shatter not demo? because I would like to know if it is good and it was not too heard of this game thank you

sephiroth180 23 July, 2009 @ 4:11 pm   41

Good update :) Keep the good games coming. Any news about a possible RE2 & 3 on PSN? Capcom mentioned it would happen a few weeks ago.

TheHunterAmin 23 July, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   42

#39 => Oh good update btw ;)

darrenj1 23 July, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   43

Can you confirm the Kings of Leon prices please as it doesnt tally with the pack price?

Mike Kebby 23 July, 2009 @ 4:17 pm

APOLOGIES!! That’s my fault, the tracks prices for Kings of Leon are indeed £0.99/€1.49. my bad, my bad.

Roxas598 23 July, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   44

Mikey can i ask please are there trophies for Crystal defenders?

JesteR17011 23 July, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   45

Good price for Shatter but come on….. 9.99 Euros for Fury? As far as i know is the US price also 9.99 Dollars so why do we have to pay 40% more?

Carnivius_Prime 23 July, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   46

Been looking forward to Wipeout fury so I’ve bought that and I went for Shatter too. Shame my internet connection gets so slow past 4pm. Gonna be waiting hours for these to download.

Looks like a good update.

Smegzilla 23 July, 2009 @ 4:16 pm   47

Good update, shame most of the games and updates are overpriced.

@JesteR17011 Very good question… But no real answer as always…

Lucreto 23 July, 2009 @ 4:17 pm   49

I was hoping for a Dissidia demo today. Any word on when it will appear?

hedges1001 23 July, 2009 @ 4:18 pm   50

YAY crystal defenders FTW. good update will get fury when i have more cashola. shame there still no disgaea dlc but hey itll arrive and ill be all like BOOYAH!!! just a tip though to whoever wants to know, black mages freakin rule

Load all