Posted 23 July
PlayStation Store Update – 23rd July 2009
So this week should be more pleasing than last week’s update, as we have two full games, one demo, and a nice array of add-on content for you.
Where to start, where to start? How about the much anticipated WipEout Fury expansion pack which is now available? Or the third map pack for Killzone 2, Napalm and Cordite, with two new weapons and two new maps, as well as a bundle pack of all three packs for anybody who has yet to try any of the previous maps. As for the two new games available for you, they come in the form of Shatter and Crystal Defenders, both taking well known gameplay styles and each giving them their own individual twists.
That’s not all though, the full list of content is as follows, and I really hope that this week there is something to please everyone.
Also I’ll be testing the water next week with posting the store update content list on Wednesday – a full day before the store updates. I know you all want to see what’s coming onto the store in advance, and the reason we’ve not done this before is that content can still change on the day of a publish. This is not to say it still won’t happen, there will be times when content may well change even after I’ll have posted the content list, but when this does happen I will update the list and be as transparent as possible about why content has not made the update. As this will be a test, if it proves problematic, I may revert to posting again only once the store has actually updated, but for now we’ll see how it goes.
Anyway, as usual leave your comments below and have a good week all!
Crystal Defenders (£7.99/€9.99)
Combine classic tower defence gameplay and the world of Final Fantasy and this is what you get. Deploy class based troops in tactical positions in order to protect the crystals from wave after wave of monsters.
Shatter is indeed what this brick-breaking game is all about as you utilise power-ups and special attacks to defeat the enemies. With innovative controls and physics based effects, Shatter is a great mix of old-school gameplay with a modern twist.
Crystal Defenders Demo
Add-On Game Content
WipEout HD – Fury Expansion Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
Twelve new tracks, thirteen new ship models and three new playable modes (two of which are available online – Eliminator and Zone Battle Modes) are included in this pack.
Killzone 2 – Napalm & Cordite Pack (£4.79/€5.99)
Two new maps, and in each map you get the opportunity to play with some new weapons. In Suljeva Cliffside you can arm yourself with the Flamethrower, and in Arctower Landing the Boltgun comes into play.
Killzone 2 – Map Pack Bundle (£9.99/€12.99)
Combining all the maps from the Steel & Titanium, Flash & Thunder and Napalm & Cordite packs, this bundle features six maps for you to play online.
Overlord II - Battle Rock Nemesis (£3.19/€3.99)
With new audience events to select from, Battle Rock gives you extra practise rounds, and new opponents to fight.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Banff Springs (£4.79/€5.99)
Situated in the hilly terrain of Alberta, Canada, this famous course is now available for you to play, test your skill on the infamous ‘Devil’s Cauldron’ hole.
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Music Set 2 (free)
These additional music tracks are available to use via the game’s BGM Select screen.
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from Kings of Leon, Rancid and Rise Against:
- Crawl by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
- Molly’s Chambers by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
- Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon (£0.99/€1.49)
- Kings of Leon Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
- Last One to Die by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
- Ruby Soho by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
- Time Bomb by Rancid (£0.99/€1.49)
- Rancid Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
- Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
- Re-Education (Through Labor) by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
- Saviour by Rise Against (£0.99/€1.49)
- Rise Against Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks and a pack taken from the Vagrant Records label:
- All The World is Mad by Thrice (£1.59/€1.99)
- The Martyr by Sense Fail (£1.59/€1.99)
- Young Cardinals by Alexisonfire (£1.59/€1.99)
- Vagrant Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)
- Killzone 2 Napalm & Cordite Trailer
- MAG Developer Diary: A Massive New War Is Coming
- MAG Developer Diary: The Shadow Wars
PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce – Download Pack 3 (free)
Put your skills to the test with these new missions, this pack also includes the previous mission packs released.
Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:
- Casey Jones by Grateful Dead (£0.99/€1.49)
- The Boys Are Back In Town (Live) by Thin Lizzie (£0.99/€1.49)