Posted 4:45pm

MotorStorm Game Launching Crashes Into PlayStation Home, Fat Princess Ambles Slowly Behind…

Hi there guys – time for a PlayStation Home update…!

We have the first wave of MotorStorm content swerving into PS Home this Thursday with MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Launching functionality topping the bill. If you don’t know what Game Launching is, click here for more info on how this great functionality works.

There will be more MotorStorm / PS Home news very soon, however in the mean time, have a look at the screenshots below for a tantalising snippet of some of the great MotorStorm content coming to PS Home over the coming weeks…

MS_Sphere_2

MS_Sphere_8

Next (and this is very exciting) as of tomorrow, we will be launching a new event in PS Home – the Fat Princess “Quest for Cake”.

Based upon the brilliant PSN title, all you have to do is visit the PlayStation Events Space to join in this very special confectionery quest.

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues, these clues will give you access to the finest gateaux and, eventually, her majesty’s waistline. ;)

If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special PS Home reward will be yours – the Fat Princess’ very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite…

Fat Princess image 1-homeFat Princess image 2-home

Fat Princess image 3-homeFat Princess image 4-home

Last, (but by no means least!) there will be a few additional surprises in tomorrow’s publishing window (particularly revolving around the undead…) so be sure to log-in and check it out ;)

I’ll be around for a while if you have any comments, otherwise I’ll see you in PS Home tomorrow unlocking slices of the finest black forest gateaux.

Best

Elliott / iELL

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

69 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

Roneberg 29 July, 2009 @ 4:50 pm   1

Great news, i’m really happy to see your effort. These new spaces really rises my hype level… ;)

Diablo_Rosso 29 July, 2009 @ 4:51 pm   2

I deleted Home ages ago.

Bearskopff 29 July, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   3

AWESOME!
(Emphasis on awesome) :D

Yeh I deleted it aswell. Its a waste of time. Instead of spending time creating game launching from Home how about make it launch from the XMB.

Lets face it hardly anyone game launches from home. And anyone who wants to game launch isnt prepared to go into home to do it..

Just concentrate on getting game features into the XMB and leave Home to the people who want to walk around and socialize.

Retro_1973 29 July, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   5

Sounds good. How long will the Fat Princess comp be running please?

Elliott Linger 29 July, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

Hey Retro_1973,
    We’re going to have the Events Space open for 4 weeks.
    It will then re-open for another event (which we’ll update you on a little nearer the time…),
    Thanks for posting,
    Elliott

loonytoon1982 29 July, 2009 @ 4:56 pm   6

So we’re getting the Ghostbusters Firehouse then

loonytoon1982 29 July, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   7

I actually meant to say:

So we’re getting the Ghostbusters Firehouse or Siren Space then

Elliott Linger 29 July, 2009 @ 5:10 pm

Hey loonytoon1982
    It’s a new space…
    But neither SIREN or Ghostbusters…
    And revolves around the undead.
    Best
    elliott

Skookie30 29 July, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   8

Ooooo i must get back to report back to the official forums & tell em about this great update(chuckes)im wonder wot the scea get tomorrow have they update they blog.

This is cool. The Fat Princess event looks very cool. Do you have any other cake other than black forest gateaux too feed her. I wanted to feed her cheesecake.:( These content updates get better and better.

Pat yourself on the back PS Home Team You did good !:)

Munders12 29 July, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   10

Hmm…we wait 2 weeks for a content update to be told of stuff that is “coming soon”. Faaantastic.

In other news, we also get a re-hashed space and uninteresting surprises.

I wonder what the US Home got?…

DANTHEMAN121 29 July, 2009 @ 5:04 pm   11

another event space after this 1 thats really good news well SCEE team good job. just like to say will there be content to win or get from the motorstorm space straight away or will that be added later on

Apnomis 29 July, 2009 @ 5:04 pm   12

Sounds good, I always enjoy an evening in Home whenever it’s updated. Looks like a good selection this week, I’ve recently got back into Motorstorm Pacific Rift so I’ll have to give this game launching a try – I’ve never bothered even though I have a couple of games that support it.

Speaking of Game Launching is there any way of having all supported games listed when you go to the game launching screen? As I understand it games only appear on there if they supported AND they are currently in your PS3 disc drive or installed on the HDD. This is all well and good, but to most people it just looks like the function hasn’t been ‘switched on’ in the beta yet as the screen is blank. It would be far better to have all the titles showing and just greyed out if the disc isn’t in.

Nice to see the Events Space return too, I enjoyed the PSP treasure hunt a few months back, it’s just a shame I never won one! Is that Sphere game in the entrance area making a come back too?

Apnomis 29 July, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   13

P.S any comment on whether more ‘Game’ spaces will be featured in Home? I don’t mean spaces promoting games, but actual in-Home Games. I really enjoyed the Buzz space as a concept (i.e. playing a multiplayer game using your avatar) and it is something that would broaden Home’s appeal and get more people visiting, in the same way your competitors feature their avatars in actual games and/or gameshows… they don’t have to be free either, they could be ‘premium’ spaces.

Update is nice i guess. well done SCEE.

milnerant 29 July, 2009 @ 5:15 pm   15

awesome news elliot. Undead? Silent Hill. I cant think of anything else other than zombies or dead nurses :D

DANTE234 29 July, 2009 @ 5:21 pm   16

new space, silent hill possibly or dead space

nerdlegend 29 July, 2009 @ 5:25 pm   17

Looks good but i have to wait and see what comes.

milnerant 29 July, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   18

Hmmm, Burn Zombie Burn? . Err. Call of Duty Zombie specific space? Unless it’s a space devoted to pure zombie lovers?

AaronSOLDIER 29 July, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   19

Awesome!

Will the first Motorstorm allow for game launching too? I still play that now and again and its a bit dumb if it doesnt support game launching for the first game.

Any news on our Photo frames too?

I wonder what the surprise update will be…

milnerant 29 July, 2009 @ 5:35 pm   20

Last guess from me. The Last Guy?

AaronSOLDIER 29 July, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   21

I’ve posted this before, but this would be mega awesome:

If capcom agreed to it, have a Resident Evil 1 space and have the whole mansion and some of the garden out the back – limit it to 60 people or so, and remove all the doors (just have door frames to run through) and it would be amazing.

I think we should get bigger spaces – currently spaces are about 20MB, but if they made the mansion (not every single room, but make most of it) and it was about 80 – 100MB, it would rock. Would be an amazing space!

taurus82 29 July, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   22

When will thatgamecompany and/or TeamICO get their own (well deserved) spaces?

machine3 29 July, 2009 @ 5:38 pm   23

!!!!!!!!THANK SCEE!!!!!!!!!!!
i love SCEE and Home :)

almighty-slayer 29 July, 2009 @ 5:45 pm   24

Awesome, sounds like a great update. Will check it out

MobileTone 29 July, 2009 @ 5:45 pm   25

“MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Launching” does anyone play this game? it’s not a patch on the first one, why they had to mess up the lobby system i’ll never know.

and HOME -pffffft- deleted it soon as the closed beta finished.

_____________________________________________________
http://threespeech.co.cc never knowing when to shut up

OneTwo_ 29 July, 2009 @ 5:47 pm   26

Publishing window?

candystripesdcfc 29 July, 2009 @ 5:50 pm   27

Im intrigued ill be making my fortnightly trip back onto home for a butchers.

Vajoina 29 July, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   28

Sounds like yet another interesting update

M0nk3y_R1mm3r 29 July, 2009 @ 5:54 pm   29

I’d just be happy if we Europeans could get the same updates as US ie: Store content AND Home content, and demos of Arcade games! I begrudge forking out for an arcade game if I don’t know what it’s like! XBox Live has demos of ALL arcade games which is great, apart from the majority of the games aren’t worth playing let alone buying! Still, it’d be nice to get the same option from Sony.

thebest1325 29 July, 2009 @ 5:58 pm   30

It will be the gamescom space ;)

Ox-MiL-xO 29 July, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   31

Very Nice ! =)

I love PlayStation Home and Fat Princess !

‘LBP’ HOME-Space? Why isn’t there 1 for? :-(

nukester 29 July, 2009 @ 6:26 pm   33

i wondering if the undead space is the complete resident evil space

Departed45 29 July, 2009 @ 6:30 pm   34

All I can say is Wow!

I have previously been vocal on the forums about the problems with communication from scee, but this post has left me speechless. This is what I call communication! Elliot you have done a wonderful job with this weeks update post and you even included teasers (my favourite). I would like to congratulate both you and the scee guys for the awesome post and great content update, keep up the good work.

MosesPJ 29 July, 2009 @ 6:35 pm   35

Yey! More home updates, love them. But, there was a long time ago I was online. (*Logging in on Home*).

BlindMango 29 July, 2009 @ 6:37 pm   36

North American Release too?

Are there any plans to include things like weather in Home? I like going on it but it just seems so fake and lifeless.

A few more details here and there would just be fantastic. I like the stuff currently there, like the pollen effects, but it would be great to have weather and maybe some birds, or just wildlife in general. And you know, if it rains I might have to buy an umbrella accessory. :p

Also, any plans to integrate the EyePet into Home? I’d love it if when you bought the game you could visit it in your apartment, maybe even take it for walks around Home and possible meet other EyePet owners. In fact that would not only the game a must buy, would make Home a killer app.

And finally, any plans for a SingStar space with live avatar based karaoke with an option for both private and public rooms?

Actually I could go on. I love the idea of Home, but I guess all this takes time to develop. Xi was awesome but I just want to see everything just made a bit more exciting and integrated. :)

RESIDENT EVIL: DIRECTOR’S CUT, PEOPLE!

Oh. Wait.

“Space”

Nevermind >_>

VitalogyPJ 29 July, 2009 @ 7:10 pm   40

Well, i didn’t delected it yet but i might though. Seriously, over 2 years in beta? Pfff… is home gonna see the daylight as a full completed feature?

My guess is, NOT!

Kilovanni 29 July, 2009 @ 7:13 pm   41

This is the first PSN update I’m really looking for. At what time the store updates usually?

Carnivius_Prime 29 July, 2009 @ 7:25 pm   42

All looks good. I’m not much into online chatting but I certainly prefer jumping into Home than onto MSN. I like bowling while I chat. It’s just odd that I always seem to go online when there’s hardly any english speakers.

Really gotta get round to buying Pacific Rift, I have the first one and played the demo of the second a lot but just haven’t bought it yet.

“MotorStorm Game Launching Crashes Into PlayStation Home…..”

Anyone else sees the irony in that…….

wbrinkman 29 July, 2009 @ 7:56 pm   44

@41 little after/about 18:00 your time

Kilovanni 29 July, 2009 @ 7:59 pm   45

@wbrinkman

Thanks, appreciated.

MA77_G0D 29 July, 2009 @ 8:11 pm   46

Is the new (Suprise) Home space:
Burn! Zombie Burn!…….. in Space.

I love that game (Well the classic anyway).

Ooh, this leads me to a question. (I’m sure you know what it is by now) :)

When is……?

Lets see if you can answer my question, I will be impressed ;)

*Clue*…. ‘Release Me’

- Matt -

FascistBullyBoy 29 July, 2009 @ 9:12 pm   47

Ha ha,

If WE don’t know what game launching is click here for more info.

Nice one SCEE, anyone would think YOU didn’t know what game launching was from the number of games that can actually lanch from Home.

Pacman_Ownage 29 July, 2009 @ 9:16 pm   48

woohoo, motorstorm FTW to be honest :p, cant wait, and the other stuff sounds interesting, just need to catch up with other regions now guys……. and lower the prices -.-

StalkingSilence 29 July, 2009 @ 9:31 pm   49

Cool new content!

imajinetion 29 July, 2009 @ 9:56 pm   50

I’d love to have Real life Night and Day transitions on the Plaza (Home Square). It’s kinda lame that it’s always sunny and bright.

Load all