Posted 30 July

GI JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA Arrives In PlayStation Home

target_in_mind

Paramount Pictures International is today launching its latest summer blockbuster, G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, in PS3 Home.

Starting today, PlayStation Home residents will be able to download four G.I. JOE costumes for free, exclusively from Threads Store. Available for a limited time only, Home residents will be able to download the iconic costumes worn by stars Channing Tatum (Duke) and Sienna Miller (The Baroness), or become rival G.I. JOE or COBRA ninjas, Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow.

GI JOE Merch

From tomorrow, visitors to Home Theatre will get to see an exclusive video welcome from stars Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols, as well as a trailer introduction from director Stephen Sommers. For two weeks, residents will also be able to watch a number of clips, trailers and featurettes from the new movie during a G.I JOE cinema takeover.

For those who fancy becoming a G.I. JOE themselves, visit Home Theatre and walk up to one of the ‘JOIN G.I. JOE’ posters and follow the link to play a training game to see if you have what it takes. Successful recruits will also win a couple of pieces of exclusive merchandise along the way. Simply use your analogue stick to set your target and press ‘X’ to shoot and the DOWN ARROW to re-load your gun. Don’t forget to redeem your voucher codes in the PlayStation Store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

milnerant 30 July, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   1

I’ve been able to download these costumes from the PSN Store around mid-day. What’s up with that? Will there be a Home specific area on PSN Store now in future or is this a test to see how it integrates? :P cheers

sephiroth180 30 July, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   2

not really excited for the movie, but thanks :)

Arki24885 30 July, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   3

¡¡G.I JOE!! I play with them when I was child ^^

makingdamage 30 July, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   4

Can you watch the movies in Home Theatre in full screen mode?
I tried last night but couldn´t. Is it some secret button pressing procedure one needs to do?
I seem to remember one was able to do it some time ago…

No interest in the movie, but I never say no to a freebie. Looks like EU Home is going to be overrun by Ninja’s over the coming weeks!!!

I have a question – will these new trailers and clips use streaming? I can never see the point of being sat in an empty theatre screen for 5 minutes watching a loading bar reach 100% before you can watch the clip/tailer!

In the last promotion that was run for Star Trek some of the video clips seemed to start streaming virtually instantly (VidZone style), yet some other still required a download.

It makes no sense to download the theatre content – it should all use instant streaming like VidZone with no load bar (there’s enough of them in Home already!).

jakster123x 30 July, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   6

nice, I always like a good freebie lol

loonytoon1982 30 July, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   7

I’ve been waiting for these costumes since May ;)

Anything that helps diversify everyone’s appearance (after the period of LOTS of people wearing the brand new costumes) is fine by me.

It would be good if the default body appearances were designed to be randomised (still within overall structures) so there’s less cookie-cutter home avatars walking around. Same with the default set of free clothes.

blackmamba707 30 July, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   9

gotta love freebies, even if you end up as a walking advertisement for upcoming movie :P

critter44 30 July, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   10

i haven’t been able to get into Home all day! never happened to me before

Ox-MiL-xO 30 July, 2009 @ 6:25 pm   11

Thank you Sony ! =)

Yeah. Home has been broked all day. It’s a shame, too, what with all this new content.

Almost 12hrs home has been down. Andto think its not even a core client this week? so just imagin if it was? Home will be down for days. Fail.

Domino2097 30 July, 2009 @ 6:59 pm   14

I can’t get home either been trying since about 3pm but still no success.

Lemon-Loafer 30 July, 2009 @ 7:19 pm   15

It’s like they’re shovin’ it in our faces- “Look what you’ve got and look at what you can’t have!” Argh.

MightyCrow 30 July, 2009 @ 7:35 pm   16

Hey there. I was wondering whether you new about the glitches in the city appartment personal space?

It keeps doing strange things like letting me sit down on the sofa when I’m on the floor above and stopping me from selecting things.

I’m not sure whether you were the best one to talk to so please correct me if so.

Thanks.

Kenshin71 30 July, 2009 @ 7:50 pm   17

The last time I was in Home the theatres were kind of crap. You could not go in with other people and the videos took a while to load. You should be able to go in with other people and chat about what’s playing. Content should be playing on a loop with a time showing when it will start again eg. ‘Replay starts in: 3 minutes 47 seconds’.

Is HOME broken? I get a ‘D5027′ Network Error? :-(

1st time for me to i can’t get into HOME.

alz-da-dog 30 July, 2009 @ 8:35 pm   19

Home work or ill go on a rampage

O_Juice 30 July, 2009 @ 8:47 pm   20

The D5027 error means the server is down, so basically home is getting all the great free stuff for this week (motorstorm launching and zone, fat princes zone and home theater update not to mention free stuff)so give it an hour and you can go will away your evening in the best home update since XI.

Wow i feel like i work a sony after that.

Carnivius_Prime 30 July, 2009 @ 10:06 pm   21

Thanks. Nabbing them all for extra clothes parts and Snake Eyes is always good.

Galvanise_ 31 July, 2009 @ 12:41 am   22

Love it.

FootieGamerUK 31 July, 2009 @ 12:42 am   23

How long will these costumes be available in the store for free?

@Carl-G

Home was down but now its back up. :)

Guys… how i can get the GI JOE Trophy for my apartment? regards Law