Posted 4:04pm

This Week On The SingStore – 6 August 2009

Hi and welcome to the SingStore update!

This week is quite a big one and if you’ve been following my colleague Carly’s post on here over the last week, you’ll know why. We’ve teamed up with Universal Music recently which means more music, more artists and more SingStar fun for you!

I also hope you enjoyed the Jackson 5’s ‘I Want You Back’ which we managed to sneak into the last update?

Take your pick from the full tracklisting below but personally, I’ll be getting stuck in with a bit of Girls Aloud and ‘Love Machine’, The Killers’ ‘Somebody Told Me’ and if I’m feeling really brave, ‘Ace Of Spaces’ by Mötorhead’ Oh, and Tiffany, Nirvana, Elton John and Patsy Cline, of course. Weird mix you say? Well, I like some variety, me.

Also, German language singers can party with Almklausi and ‘Ich Vermiss Dich (Wie Die Hölle)’ plus there’s Gerard Joling with ‘Maak Me Gek’ in Dutch and two Spanish tracks by Melocos.

Melocos Fuiste tu

Last but not least we have three excellent SongPacks on offer: SingStar Sizzlers, perfect for any summertime party, Vagrant Records and the long-awaited Roxette Rocks!

Roxette The Look

Hope you like the update! See you next week with July’s Top 20 download chart. Any bets on who’ll make it to the top this time?

Nina x

In English

• Cher – If I Could Turn Back Time
  • Deep Purple – Strange Kind Of Woman
  • DJ Otzi – Hey Baby
  • Elton John – Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going To Be A Long Long Time)
  • Girls Aloud – Love Machine

• FACT – A Fact Of Life
  • Senses Fail – Can’t Be Saved
  • The Hold Steady – Stay Positive

Dutch

• Gerard Joling – Maak Me Gek

German

• Almklausi – Ich Vermiss Dich (Wie Die Hölle)

Italy

• Tiziano Ferro – E Raffaella è mia
  • Tiziano Ferro – Ed ero contentissimo
  • Tiziano Ferro – Sere Nere
  • Tiziano Ferro – Stop! Dimentica
  • Tiziano Ferro – Ti scatterò una foto

Spain

• Melocos – Cada Golpe
  • Melocos – Fuiste Tu

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

Tntnnbltn 3 August, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   1

Hi Nina :)

This is usually the part where I’d say what a great update (what a great update!), but I’ve actually got something to pass onto you on behalf of the SingStar community. Ever since the Universal/SingStar agreement was announced, we’ve been working on a wishlist of songs we’d love to see on the SingStore from Universal artists. There was a huge response from the community, with the final wishlist containing over 400 songs.

I know what you’re about to say… you can’t make any promises, and many of these songs are already on your internal wishlist. We recognise that you can’t license every song we want, and even the ones that you _can_ license will take time. But hopefully this wishlist will reinforce what you already think we want, and maybe even give the team some new ideas.

So yeah. We’d be grateful if you could pass this on to the appropriate people for us, and hopefully down the line we’ll see some of these tracks being announced here on the blog. :D

Link: http://tinyurl.com/UMGwishlist

Nina Scherer 3 August, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the list – I have been following its creation closely :) – and yes, you’re right, a lot is on our list and we want to see these songs up there as much as you guys.

And here’s the BUT – like all things this takes time so we’re releasing things we can and have ready now and at the same time working on all the other great songs so they can hopefully be released soon. I really hope you’ll see things you all want on the SingStore soon enough.

Cheers,

Ninax

Yodelking 3 August, 2009 @ 4:07 pm   2

Hi, Nina!

It’s very often when I try to view other peoples photos and videos that it “looses connection”.
It’s really annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Another feature I’d like is a symbol of the tunes in the store that are already on the Singstar disks, so I don’t purchase

songs I already own. (And like other people said, a feature to import the discs to the HD so I don’t have to swap disc all

the time.)

I’d also like to see these tunes getting into the store:
La Isla Bonita – Madonna
Smooth Criminal – Michael Jackson
Beat It – Michael Jackson
Mr. Bassman – Johnny Cymbal (Old hit from the 60′s)
The One I Love – R.E.M.
Shiny Happy People – R.E.M.
The Never Ending Story – Limahl

Also some more Swedish songs would be great, haven’t been much lately.
A group called “Gyllene Tider” (With Per Gessle from Roxette) would be highly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance!

micromagic 3 August, 2009 @ 4:17 pm   3

Nice update Nina. Girls Aloud is a nice addition ;-)

Yodelking 3 August, 2009 @ 4:22 pm   4

BTW: The Roxette Rock pack will be lovely! Thanks for that!
I wish I had it last friday when we had some Singstar at the diving club, until 5 in the morning… :)

OK, no Depeche mode this time, so no good updat. But I like The Killers and still give this update the thumps up!

philipathens 3 August, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   6

It’s gonna be an expensive week for me :P

With UMG on the board, I cant wait for Sugababes and Pussycat Dolls :)

jelly_bean 3 August, 2009 @ 5:03 pm   7

Great upate but the US will be left over this time… How come no Roxette Pack for us? And what about the UMG songs for the US? When are we gonna get it? Please I can’t wait much longer to download these and other songs in the future. Thanks :(

Nina Scherer 3 August, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

Hi jelly_bean,

Have a look on the US blog – you guys also have four of the five Roxette Rocks tracks available as single downloads. Unfortunately we had a problem with one of them so couldn’t release the whole pack.

The Universal deal does not cover the US SingStore at this monment in time. :)

Nina

Wow, that’s an amazing update! I’ll be getting 11 songs and the Roxette songpack. Can’t wait till Thursday :)

Nice update :) Will be getting my hands on a couple of Roxette tracks and of course Snow Patrol :p Keep up the good work :)

Huggles
Vhari x

RomuZeus 3 August, 2009 @ 5:11 pm   10

Great! It’s one of the best updates I’ve seen in months! It’s nice to see more famous singers/groups. I think I’ll get around 5 songs this week.

Moreover, the Universal/SingStar agreement opens the possibity of seeing other great bands in Singstar like Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5 or No Doubt. Looking forward to!

jelly_bean 3 August, 2009 @ 5:23 pm   11

I have just checked the US Blog and 4 of the Roxette songs will make it but no ‘Wish I Could Fly’. I will pass on this one only for this time. Hehehe. But thanks for the reply and hope to see more great songs for the US ;)

Tntnnbltn 3 August, 2009 @ 5:23 pm   12

Thanks Nina. Nice to know someone’s keeping an eye on the forums. ;)

Hey — if you’ve been following the wishlist creation closely does that mean you stumbled across my SingStore sales prediction competition? I noticed that line about making bets who’ll come out on top for July. :P

VitalogyPJ 3 August, 2009 @ 5:24 pm   13

This blog should chage his name to “sing star blog”. After all, 85% of the posts are about sing star anyway!

US Blog > Forums (sometimes) > game related sites > eu blog

Shame on you!

PS: stop ripping off costumers (aka gamers)

VitalogyPJ 3 August, 2009 @ 5:25 pm   14

*change

ante-vante 3 August, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   15

Hi, I have a question. Why is Daddy’s Gone by Glasvegas on singstore pitched down ? I think it sounds terrible!!

saintaqua 3 August, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   16

Oh my gosh!! I hope most of these make it to the US!!! And I hope we also see the fruits of the Universal deal!!! Great looking update!!
Thanks so much Nina!!!

dazman5000 3 August, 2009 @ 6:16 pm   17

Killers, starsailor, snow patrol, scissor sisters, motorhead, elton john and Nirvana!! Wow! This is going to be an expensive week for me. happy days!

angelanicholas 3 August, 2009 @ 6:26 pm   18

I wanted to know if queen will be in the US singstore soon. Also, I would really like some more country music and possibly some Mariah Carey. Thanks and keep up the good work. I know I appreciate it.

Nina Scherer 4 August, 2009 @ 12:16 pm

It may be possible someday to release Queen onto the US SingStore but then, there’s a possiblilty that it might never happen, too. I know that’s a very vague answer but that’s all I know at the moment.

samich2007 3 August, 2009 @ 6:44 pm   19

When will you add some songs from Lady Gaga?

MairusuPawa 3 August, 2009 @ 7:29 pm   20

Meh. You’re doing really nice efforts for the game, Nina. There might even be a few tracks in here that i’ll buy.

I’m still waiting for some modern metal hits, though.

NUFCRULE 3 August, 2009 @ 8:06 pm   21

Hi Nina

looks like a good week
ill maybe pick up a few there

On singstar vol.2 you have Eminem – Without Me , looking at the list of artists on universal website Eminem is on there , so is there plans to at least release Without Me into the singstore , im not going to buy vol.2 just for 1 song , i have vol.1 & pop edition plus many downloads , but id just love some Eminem songs please , at least without me , and if you negotiate more then please may we have his latest song ‘Beautiful’

thanks

StalkingSilence 3 August, 2009 @ 8:08 pm   22

Nina, killer update for EU. Cool to see the Universal content went live for EU so quickly.

Will we ever get any GUNS & ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Please reply i need to know!!!!

CJSgamer 3 August, 2009 @ 9:11 pm   24

are you guys gonna ever have any josh pyke?

REPLY!

ShinyGoldfish 3 August, 2009 @ 10:35 pm   25

Excellent update, thanks!
Looks like I’ll be spending a lot this week.

Any idea when we can get some new non-PS2 Singstar Elton John tracks, like Tiny Dancer perhaps?

Hasquarl 4 August, 2009 @ 1:02 am   26

Wow, definitely the best update in a long time. Thank you so much. There is at least 5 songs I’m getting for sure.

Also, is there any word if “Freak on a Leash” by Korn is going to come to Australia like it is in Europe?

Cheers.

Nina Scherer 4 August, 2009 @ 10:10 am

Hiya, i think I mentioned this before. At the moment that track is banned for Australia so chances are very slim right now. Sorry!

Lostee48 4 August, 2009 @ 6:44 am   27

Hi good update! I’ll be getting The Killers and Snow Patrol. I was wondering if Hilary Duff will be in the store soon?

Very nice update, I ALMOST though you had begun to slack off :P

Fen_Vank 4 August, 2009 @ 7:25 am   29

I’m getting rocket man for sure, but nothing else, I think. Nina… you promissed more Paul McCartney some time ago and since you did, there haven’t been any of his songs added to SingStore :P
I hope that we’ll see something from him soon.
And please, please, any chances of seeing Maroon 5 in two weeks time? :|

Anyway, I hope it’s just the beginning and my yammer is caused by my music taste. I can see rather favorable comments above, so keep going :)

smokeypsd 4 August, 2009 @ 7:37 am   30

A nice update guys, looking forward to getting and getting a few.

Great update! will probably be getting aroud 10 of those.

Will there be more of the Universal back catalogue songs from PS2 Singstars released soon?

Lostee48 4 August, 2009 @ 1:37 pm   32

Is Hilary Duff gonna hit the store soon?

space1999 4 August, 2009 @ 1:40 pm   33

A lot of Ska revivial happening at the moment. I know Madness are on the store but how about The Beat – greatest band of all time :)

AlexOfBorg 4 August, 2009 @ 5:21 pm   34

What a wonderful update! I will get the Roxette pack and Snow Patrol.

I have to say what I have to say every week: Please bring us a MICHAEL JACKSON disc. His music will live forever in our hearts when it’s on SingStar!

Fen_Vank 5 August, 2009 @ 10:16 am   35

Nooo… ignored again ^^ Nina, tell me, will there be any Maroon 5 soon?

Is it not about time for some Rammstein eg “Ohne dich, Engel”

Perhaps some Nightwish as well would love to have “Over The Hills And Far Away, # Ghost Love Score and Dark Chest Of Wonders”

amplifiedAnt 5 August, 2009 @ 12:53 pm   37

Thanks to the person moderating this blog for removing my completely legitimate post – I’d love to know the reasoning behind that one.

All I was trying to say was that I asked for more rock/metal last time and was told there’d be something along those lines in this update. Instead we get one Nirvana track, a recycled Motorhead one and a bucketful of disappointment.

If you’re not going to put heavier music in, please don’t get our hopes up in future.

Nina Scherer 5 August, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

Hi,

i’m really sorry if you’re disappointed in this update and don’t rate Nirvana or Mtorhead. Actually, the majority of the community seem to quite like what is going on the store (I hope).

How about getting the Korn track to get you started on something more heavy?

Thanks,

Nina

amplifiedAnt 5 August, 2009 @ 3:41 pm   38

It’s not that I don’t rate them, it’s just that one of those two is from an old Singstar disc, so not really much to get excited about.

I bought the Korn track the day it was released :/ It’s just frustrating to see pop and indie come out every fortnight and for the ‘other’ stuff to be dotted so far apart.

It’s not as if I’m asking for something obscure here – this sort of music is extremely popular and there seems to be quite a few asking for the content along the same lines.

“Paul McCartney and the frog Chrocus – We all stand to gether” Is hilarious song.. thank you for it. I and my 6 year old kid (finnish as I) loves to sing it and what the best she learn to sing it in english. But one (or two) request, How about Iceland eurovision song .. was it Johanna – Is it true or something like that.. That is probably fun to sing… Also More Leevi and the leavings songs would be wonderful…

Lostee48 6 August, 2009 @ 9:07 am   40

Hi I have to know if HIlary Duff will be on the store soon?

agm2502 6 August, 2009 @ 3:07 pm   41

Any news on when the Singstore will be updated?

harw1976 6 August, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   42

why so slow on the update??

normally updated by midday

Wow! Good job! Unfortunatly I’m out right now, but since I always have requests, I just wanted to congratulate you all for your effort.

As soon as I come back, I’ll have many new cool tracks to download, thanks!

Wolves-boy 7 August, 2009 @ 11:56 am   44

Great Update! Been Waiting since PS2 Days for “Laura”

Nina, does this new deal improve our chances of getting rid of the PS2 Singstar discs, as you see we wanna get rid of (you heard right!) the PS2 Discs so we can BUY them again digitally (I know a little bit of a waste of cash! But more cash into the bulging singstar purse means more research and MORE songs!

If you could reply Nina that would be great if not I understand you are very very busy

See You on the next update :) (Don’t let me down :))

Tumble_NL 13 August, 2009 @ 1:32 am   45

I loved this update but i have one point that bugs me
Why did we not get the origional clip of the Cher video of “if i could turn back time”. instead we re watching some stills that are shown.
The video was great and actually i feel a bit cheated into buying with this one
hope to get an honest answer

playable_daniel 14 August, 2009 @ 9:06 pm   46

I would love to see Enrique Iglesias on the singstore soon and more hits from the scissor sisters are they on the horizon?

Also i love the last few updates:)

Lostee48 16 August, 2009 @ 2:24 am   47