Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 9:51am

PlayStation Store Update – 6th August 2009

Hello all. After our experiment to go out early last week, we’ve decided to revert back to providing the store updates on the blog on a Thursday, to ensure you have the most accurate information possible. However, we will make sure that the content updates are provided nice and early on a Thursday morning so that you still have quite a bit of warning as to what will be available later in the day. I think this is a good middle ground between the test from last week, and when we used to publish the content updates after the store was updated, so I hope you’ll still feel this is an improvement on how we used to do it.

I apologise that the Wednesday test was so short-lived, but it turns out that it was more difficult than I’d first anticipated for our teams to confirm completely accurate content that much in advance.

Okay, so onto the content this week, we have another mixed bag available for you, from the quiz game TV Show King, to the demo version of Batman: Arkham Asylum, via a trial for Rag Doll Kung-Fu to the third map pack for the ever popular Call of Duty: World at War.

The Waldgeist expansion pack for Savage Moon has also arrived, as well as additional content for LittleBigPlanet, and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. That’s not all though, for a complete list scroll down for more!

Enjoy, and you know the drill by now – see you in the comments section :)

** Unfortunately some of the content has had to be removed, please see blockquotes below for more details **

Downloadable Games

TV Show King (£7.99/€9.99)
Confront friends and family in this TV quiz game show, with various subjects to test your knowledge on and unique multiplayer modes – you can also take the challenge online and battle against other players across the globe.
PEGI 3+

Trial (and Unlock key)

Rag Doll Kung-Fu: Fists of Plastic (Trial free, Unlock Key £7.99/€9.99)
Now you can try the chaotic action of Rag Doll Kung Fu, where martial arts combine with crazy action figures, for plenty of madcap fighting. You can also upgrade to the full game by purchasing the unlock key.
PEGI 12+

PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

**This content has had to be postponed **

Extreme Pinball (£3.99/€4.99) This content has had to be postponed
Four challenging, gadget filled tables are available, to test those pinball skills. Each table has different requirements in order to rack up the points.
PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Join Batman as he scours the intimidating Arkham Asylum, made even more unnerving now that the Joker has taken charge and unleashed his goons!
PEGI 16+

Add-On Game Content

Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 3 (£7.99/€9.99)
The World at War experience grows ever more, with the addition of this new map pack, featuring three new multiplayer maps (and one further zombie map). There are also 10 additional trophies to be claimed.
PEGI 16+

Savage Moon – Waldgeist Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
The bugs are back, and this time they’ve evolved. Fight for you life in six new levels, featuring new creatures to fend off. There are however, two new tower types to help your defence. Also these new enemies and towers can also be used in the existing levels from the full game.
PEGI 16+

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – Old West Map Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
Now you can experience even more legendary Wild West shootouts through these four new multiplayer maps.
PEGI 12+

LittleBigPlanet – inFamous Cole Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
Dress up as Cole and take the inFamous experience into the world of LittleBigPlanet.
PEGI 3+

**This pack will now release later this month**

Fight Night Round 4 – Downloadable Content 1 (free) This pack will now release later this month
This pack adds the following available for use in-game: sponsored tournaments, a new training gym, new gameplay sliders and a few extra bits of kit.
PEGI 16+

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Cog Hill (£3.19/€3.99)
Test your golf skills at Cog Hill, home of the PGA’s Western Open, and play on the Dubsdread #4 course with its rolling fairways and greens.
Special introductory price until 12th August
PEGI 3+

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Music Set 3 (free)
Another music set which allows you to choose new tracks from the BGM menu option.
PEGI 16+

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection of content to download:
PEGI 12+

• Spinal Tap’s Tap Ten (this combines the below eleven tracks in one pack) (£9.19/€11.25)
  • (Funky) Sex Farm (£0.99/€1.49)
  • (Listen To The) Flower People (Reggae Style) (£0.99/€1.49)
  • America (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Big Bottom (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Cups and Cakes (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Gimme Some Money (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Heavy Duty (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Hell Hole (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Rock ‘N’ Roll Creation (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Stonehenge (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight (£0.99/€1.49

Guitar Hero: World Tour
Further your track collection with this additional content for download:
PEGI 12+

• Camel’s Night Out by Eric Johnson (£1.59/€1.99)

Videos (free)

• Battlefield 1943 – Launch Trailer
  • Gran Turismo PSP – Trailer

Wallpapers (free)

Topatoi x3 Wallpapers

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men’s Chest (£15.99/€19.99)
Defeat swarms of enemies as you search for the fabled Dead Men’s Chest; you can also battle in epic multiplayer battles on the high seas.
PEGI 16+

PSone Classics (PS3 & PSP compatible)

**This content has had to be postponed **

Extreme Pinball (£3.99/€4.99) This content has had to be postponed
PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:

• Had a Dad by Jane’s Addiction (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Renegade by Styx (£0.99/€1.49)
  • PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy Theme 6

Videos (free)

Gran Turismo PSP Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

339 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first
Kradziej 6 August, 2009 @ 9:56 am   1

PSOne classics: Extreme Pinball. YAAAAAAAY!… oh, come on – you can do better than this! Give me some Spyro, pleaaase.

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:12 am

I don’t have anything specific to confirm at the moment, but I’m hopeful that we’ll have more available sooner rather than later.

Does TV show king support the Buzz Buzzers?

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Very good question, and one I’m not sure of, I’ll look into it and try and get some info asap.

That’ll be the new CoD:WaW map pack and Arkham Asylum for me then. A great update =)

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:17 am

I’m looking forward to playing the Batman demo too! (if only I could put down Fallout 3 though – now clocked up 60 hours of play, and going strong) :)

Well, I’ll be trying the demo for Batman: Arkham Asylum and that’s it…

Where is Metal Gear Solid?

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:08 am

Still awaiting specific confirmation as to what the score is on that front – my fingers are crossed that we’ll have some good news soon.

Skookie30 6 August, 2009 @ 10:04 am   6

im sorry mike im must say this, this update is so-so it not bad(crap) but not good, as for me im getting 1 thing of the store can you guess what it be, & are you be at gamescon. ps i hope you ppl be nice to mike this week. :D

FallingStickman 6 August, 2009 @ 10:07 am   7

Hmmm… I guess BOOOOOOOOOOOOH, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH *thumbs down* would be in order… at least there’s Batman: AA demo. But that is way too little.

micromagic 6 August, 2009 @ 10:08 am   8

Any news on when Trine will be releasing Mike?

imajinetion 6 August, 2009 @ 10:11 am   9

Alright update. Was hoping to see Trine, but oh well.

milnerant 6 August, 2009 @ 10:12 am   10

Nice, look forward to Batman. Can I as Why Fists of Plastic is on there again? Was released a while back…

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:15 am

The full game was released previously without a trial or demo, this version is the trial version, but also allows you to buy the unlock key and purchase the full game too ;)

Good update!

andypritchard 6 August, 2009 @ 10:17 am   12

could you please contact polyphony if you can and ask them if there are any plans to bring the gran tourismo series to psn?

toxic-inferno 6 August, 2009 @ 10:17 am   13

Not a bad update really. Been looking forward to the Batman Demo for a long time; still undecided about whether to look into buying it or not.

I’m interested in the Cole costume for LittleBigPlanet actually. On the pictures, I saw, he could have both red and blue lightning. Do both colours come with the costume?

Also, Mike, I know I might be asking the wrong person here, but is there any news from Titan Studios on the Fat Princess patch? I want to get on earning trophies and unlocking costumes for it, but I’ve only managed to get onto one online game so far D:

V00D00CHARL1E 6 August, 2009 @ 10:19 am   14

Cheers for the advanced heads up, still better than how it used to be. Batman for me tonight then :)

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:21 am

I am sorry a full day in advance turned out to be too problematic, but early doors on a Thursday is still an improvement either way, thanks for the understanding too :)

Suzzopher 6 August, 2009 @ 10:19 am   15

So the Disgaea 3 DLC rumour was all lies!! :( Any idea if we’ll ever get any DLC or Trophies over here?

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:21 am

The DLC is coming, I’m just not one hundred per cent sure of the release dates as yet, but it should all be quite imminent.

Suzzopher 6 August, 2009 @ 10:22 am   16

Awesome news I was sure we weren’t going to get any at all. Trophies?

I still do not Bomberman.
I still do not see NAMCO ESSENTIALS.

Another week mirroring SCEE’s incompetent work.

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:24 am

If the content has not been submitted to us, or has not yet passed QA and had all metadata approved then there is nothing we at SCEE can do ;)

Can’t wait to get my hands on Batman demo, my bro and i keep talking about it.
(about PSone classics, i wish Sony would release Crash Bash or Team Buddies, or that Psygnosis / Sony Liverpool work on a Team Buddies remake. Considering the success of Fat Princess, it can be only good)

snake-oo 6 August, 2009 @ 10:25 am   19

nice update, also first time im posting here, i was wondering if we are ever gonna get resident evil games, or maybe even gran turismo 1 or 2?

Suzzopher 6 August, 2009 @ 10:25 am   20

@aat08 so it’s like the last two weeks didn’t happen for you?

andypritchard 6 August, 2009 @ 10:26 am   21

is it true that from the 18th august that thre will be an option to pay for the psn for premium content form the store ect? someone posted this on the forums and it said to register on a asian playstation site is this a con?

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:28 am

I don’t know anything about this, but to be fair, I’m not always one of the first to find out :)

Dutch_Rootsman 6 August, 2009 @ 10:26 am   22

Dear Mike,

Where is Metal Gear Solid? Where is Street Fighter Alpha 1 &2? Where is Resident Evil?

Where is Unbound Saga? Where is Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops?

How is Extreme Pinball a classic? Even with that being said I am sure it won’t be on the Australian Store anyway.

What a ridiculously frustrating update? C’mon SCEE get it together before the competition rips you apart!

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:33 am

Something tells me that dear is send with a smattering of sarcasm, anyway… :)

Those classics will come to the store if the publishers submit them, we are asking the questions though and as yet have nothing to report :(

Unbound Saga was released last week, however the oublisher did not submit for release in Australia.

All PSOne games emulated for the PS3 and PSP will be released onto the store and placed within the PSOne Classics section.

Skookie30 6 August, 2009 @ 10:27 am   23

@ 15 you mean this: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/05/disgaea-3-dlc-tomorrow/ the email was from NIS, not from square-enix as they publish EU of it. :)

any idea when we will see topatoi in australia?

andypritchard 6 August, 2009 @ 10:28 am   25

@snake-oo ive asked the same question but its never been answered

McMahon-Man 6 August, 2009 @ 10:28 am   26

Thanks Mike looks like some good stuff. Batman for me and the World at War pack if I can part with the money.

Also Dutch_Rootsman Street Fighter Alpha 1 is avaliable. I have it.

Pretty good week. Will be downloading the Batman demo, COD, COJ and Savage Moon Content, and maybe TV Show King once I’ve read reviews.

Expensive week!

Thursday morning and accurate is better than Wednesday and maybe not accurate (especially for you with how angry some people think it’s acceptable to get over the slightest thing on the net)!

Ana Kronschnabl 6 August, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

glad you liked Savage Moon and hope you enjoy Waldgeist as much :)

andypritchard 6 August, 2009 @ 10:31 am   28

mike are you able to find out the answer for my post?

TheIsotope 6 August, 2009 @ 10:32 am   29

Extreme Pinball I cant even remember that game on the PS1…nothing again for my PSP but atleast theres a fair amount of updates for the PS3 users

hobgoblin 6 August, 2009 @ 10:34 am   30

@21 see link comment #62 from Musterbuster

A value added psn account is not coming :)

weirdNumber 6 August, 2009 @ 10:34 am   31

Whats happened to Trine?
I thought it was meant to be out at the end of July (last week) and no sign this week.
Any news?

RadioactiveMouse 6 August, 2009 @ 10:34 am   32

@ andypritchard – MusterBuster on the EU forums apparently said that he asked the Honcho and there is no plans for this type of paying system ;)

Very nice update! Just came back from a week long holiday to find Fat Princess, all the sweeter!

Spurvugle 6 August, 2009 @ 10:36 am   34

Nice update=)

BUT I WANT VIDSTORE IN NORWAY=)

StromboyX 6 August, 2009 @ 10:36 am   35

Nice improvement of bringing update info early in the morning ;)
Btw.- Will Final fantasy Dissidia demo be released at least next week?

Come off it Mike, we know the real reason that you’ve published the list on a Thursday morning.

Its so that you can spend the rest of the day in the comments section with us. :D

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:44 am

:D

Busted!! Of course it is, feet up on the desk and just chillin’ with you lot for the rest of the day – if only! ;)

hobgoblin 6 August, 2009 @ 10:41 am   37

Morning Mike,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but when you post the Update on this site, are you able to specify the size of the demos/games?

This would be helpful in the store itself as well: a size next to the title, as opposed to clicking download, then hard drive, then seeing how big it is.

Thanks :)

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:47 am

We don’t actualy require that information when getting content submitted for the store, so it’s not readily available for me to include in the updates. Believe me, if I did have that information I would share it for you as I appreciate it’s quite important for some of you.

blindAngle 6 August, 2009 @ 10:42 am   38

Soo… still no “IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey” demo.
*sigh*

GrimNebulinX 6 August, 2009 @ 10:44 am   39

Hello Mike, I’m very pleased to see the Savage Moon add on pack this week.
I have a question regarding another Tower Defence game which is on all the other stores except for SCEE and has got really excellent reviews called Comet Crash.
Could you tell me if this game is going to become available for our region at some point?

The best update in a while.

It’s still garbage, but I might actually try Batman.
I haven’t downloaded anything from the European Store in a good 2 months.

I admire how you dress Crap as Ice Cream though.

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 10:49 am

I appreciate that everyone has different tastes certainly, but has there really been nothing of interest for you in the past couple of months?

I like the tagline though too I may use that ‘Mike Kebby, acclaimed for dressing crap as ice-cream’ :)

Callofduty1 6 August, 2009 @ 10:49 am   41

MIKE i bought yesterday suikoden,wild arms, mgs,resi evil directors cut,castelvania SOTN from the usa store they play fine on my uk psp i would really have been very happy getting extreme pinball ps1 classic i have give up waiting for the europe store to get its act together p.s everyone when METAL GEAR SOLID does arrive config the item buttons to the right and left shoulder buttons in other settings as the nub is the default.

night_sign 6 August, 2009 @ 10:50 am   42

MAG documentary part 3 and 4, launch next week?

No Trine, no Bomberman Ultra. Boring update as usual.

What an awesome Rock Band update! If only I hadn’t snapped the pedal on my drumkit :(

And I think a lot of you people who have a go at Mike and SCEE need to give them a break – it’s up to the developers to get their content in and ready to be included as DLC!

JesteR17011 6 August, 2009 @ 10:53 am   45

Haha no Trine again. This is getting rediculous. By now everyone downloaded it from torrent.

TheTaxMan 6 August, 2009 @ 10:54 am   46

Thanks for the update , nice content , infact any content is good IMO.

Also 1 point i purchased bf1943 from the store .

AND ” THE GAME IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.”

Now after the shout could you find out if this game is getting fixed soon , if not then how to millions of PS3 owners get a refund.You cant sell a broken game for £9.99 and not fix it.Please respond to this question .

Thanks for your work , today on the update .

I’m not kidding, There’s been nothing worth having on the store.

Be it through inflated prices or simply uninteresting content.
Instead of just asking Konami for MGS1, how about approaching them fully and giving them support to get us MGS1, giving them free hosting and some free advertising.

It’s not your fault Mike, but as our representative, you should want to help us Europeans get better service because we’re your most faithful market and the one most hardly done by.

Mike Kebby 6 August, 2009 @ 11:02 am

That’s fair enough Aurain, I was just interested ;)

I can’t go into the issues that may be preventing some games from launching on the store, but sometimes it’s not just a matter of giving them freebies to help solve the problem. I will always be more than happy to help publishers where I can, but often there are issues that I cannot get invloved in, or have any say in.

MairusuPawa 6 August, 2009 @ 10:57 am   48

*yawns* slow day heh

OmegaSlayer 6 August, 2009 @ 10:58 am   49

An insane thing is that Crash Bandicoot 2 is not available on the EU store.
There’s no way I’ll buy Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2 if you don’t release the second episode.

Still, one of the greatest game for the PSOne, Castlevania: SOTN is available anywhere except the EU store.

Those are 2 really unforgiving misses, along with Resident Evils, Dino Crises, Final Fantasies, Vagrant Story…

I prefered Wednesday sneak on PS Store update, but Thursday morning is not that bad ;)

Load all