Posted 5:44pm

Fat Princess: Multiplayer Connections Improved

Hi all, I am Cristina Giuliano, European Product Manager for Fat Princess.

I am very pleased to announce that the Fat Princess connectivity patch is finally live in Europe!!

We are really sorry for the delay and the inconvenience caused and we hope that you will be able to enjoy a more pleasant online game experience!

Check out what Chris Millar, Producer at Titan Studios has to say about the patch.

Greetings PS Blog Fans,

First off, we want to thank all of you for playing and supporting Fat Princess with all of your suggestions and responses on the boards. You have given us a ton of very valuable information which has helped us to track down the majority of the connection issues.

We’re happy to announce that we’re releasing a patch late tonight, Friday August 7, to help fix some of these connection issues. This will be released for N. America region, with patches for Europe and Asia to follow as soon as possible.

We’re also going to be tweaking some of the point balances and classes based on fan feedback. Several of you have also been asking about the player ranks. Here’s an explanation:

Rankings are awarded as you accrue the following points:

• Squire – 500-599
  • Baron (Baroness) – 2250-2499
  • Earl (Countess) -2500-2999
  • Duke (Duchess) – 3000-3499
  • Lord (Lady) – 3500-3999
  • Prince (Princess) – 4000-4499
  • King (Queen) – 4500+

Please keep pinging us and posting to the Fat Princess forum on PS.com with your suggestions and ideas. We mean it when we say that we’re really glad to have such a great fan base.

After the patch goes live, we’ll be jumping into some games with all of you to see how things are going and continue to address any major issues that crop up. For detailed information from the development team, check out Titan Studios.

This is just the beginning of Fat Princess and we hope to continue to support our fans.

Regards,
The Fat Princess team

Cheers all !

Cristy

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

FINALLY!
a week later!

CAKE FOR EVERYONE!

none the less………its time now to fix the other bugs :(
like the vanishing princess and stalemates

p.s. thanks !! lol

RadioactiveMouse 13 August, 2009 @ 5:52 pm   2

Wahey I might be able to kill people now (….probably not though :( )

Thanks for getting it all sorted ;)

almighty-slayer 13 August, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   3

Great

Now get rid of the £2 extra and i’ll bite.

SabbathRider 13 August, 2009 @ 6:04 pm   4

Was going to buy this game, but the fact that the UK Price costs us more than it does in the US, put me off.

I have the USA version. And so I already have the patch.

Does this game has region-locked servers? The US version is a bit cheaper ;)

Good good! :D

greekgoddj 13 August, 2009 @ 6:40 pm   8

-£2 and I buy it

Jack-Bauer-89 13 August, 2009 @ 6:45 pm   9

YES! iv been holding off on playing online until this came out. Thanks guys :)

Roxas598 13 August, 2009 @ 7:02 pm   10

had some of my friends say that there still having trouble getting games i haven’t tried myself yet but i think its really bad the way you place a game up that doesn’t work at an overcharged price

TheTaxMan 13 August, 2009 @ 7:10 pm   11

Works a treat for me today , bought it cause you tried to fix it.

wish bf1943 was the same .

anyway well done on an excellent game and quick patch .x

Nuclearfish 13 August, 2009 @ 7:20 pm   12

Shame that people are still refusing to pay the extra £2… it’s a fantastic game, well worth the money in my opinion.

Sony aren’t going to make it cheaper any time soon, and a few individuals saying they won’t buy it is hardly going to persuade them otherwise.

Anyway, thanks for gettign the patch out nice and quickly. :) I haven’t been having many connection or lag problems myself, but good to know that they’ve been fixed anyway!

Gummibando 13 August, 2009 @ 8:21 pm   13

Hmmm, I still have massive connection problems.
I keep getting kicked out from running games and getting timeouts when trying to connect to games.
Oh dear…

almighty-slayer 13 August, 2009 @ 9:04 pm   14

@12

Then i wont buy it. I’m not fussed either way to be honest.

Any word on the PSP version?

Willie699 13 August, 2009 @ 10:26 pm   16

Good stuff. Now i can actually play it.

Played a bunch of games already. Everything works great now. Thanks for the quick patch!

I contacted Titan Studios about this, and they sent me back the following message:

‘Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, Titan Studios doesn’t have any control over the pricing of Fat Princess anywhere in the world. Someone working for Sony, probably somewhere in the UK or Europe, set the price for those territories. Just wanted to let you know we were not consulted or involved in the decision.

None the less, we shall pass your email along to Sony.’

This directly contradicts what the Sony blog posters would have us beleive – they state that the publisher sets the price – which seems to be untrue.

So, who to believe? How long must Europeans be the cash cow for dismal sony performance in the US?

I’ve had playstations for as long as I can remember, but this type of profiteering is really getting right up me.

Sort it out, and stop ripping off the Euro region. We’re the most loyal market after Asia, but still you keep gouging our wallets.

Tell us when the price is fair. Then we will talk!!
Till then, not interested.

Improved but not FIXED!

Much better but still some connections issues. Try solving those as well plz. Had some fun games today :), love the catapult idea!

loonytoon1982 14 August, 2009 @ 9:57 pm   22

I’m sure most people will disagree with me but here’s why the prices are the way they are:

Lets just say that…

American Joe earns $200 in a week

EU Joe earns €200 in a week

UK Joe earns £200 in a week

So they now all have 200 each in their respective currencies.

American Joe and EU Joe have to pay out more of their money than UK Joe.

So to make things fair we would have to be paying £60 for a new PS3 game or £15 for a PSN game.

Technically we’re getting the better end of the stick over here but people look at the conversion rates instead of the facts. Yes they mean we can get stuff cheaper if we so choose but at the end of the day we’re the ones getting the better deal in our respective currencies.

I just see so many rants and raves regarding the pricing structure that it had to be said.

Is the rank system based on 1 game or over all games? I’ve definately earned more than 800 points but my stats page says i’m still a private.

@18: interesting…

@22: I don’t understand your post at all. Tax on income is higher in the UK than the USA and the pound is worth more than the dollar. The average salary in the US is around $42000 whereas the average salary in the UK is around £25000. This doesn’t even take into account the fact that Fat Princess’ price has been inflated by £2 for no reason whatsoever.

@krioto: The price IS set by the publisher… it’s just that for Fat Princess the publisher is “Sony Computer Entertainment”

There is so much lag in this game that it hurts, and its so unbalanced, is it just me?

MaxMC said it for Fat Princess was probably using sony’s pub fund also Sony Santa Monica was credited in the game too
How does the Santa Monica studio have that many people