Posted 9:01am

Updated – PlayStation Store Update (13th August 2009)

Howdy all.

Before I start the content run-down for you, I just want to clarify what kind of help I can give you in the comments section in these updates; as I’ve seen a few comments around the blog asking for some clarity on this. I will endeavour to answer as many questions specifically about the PlayStation Store as I can and if I don’t have the answer I will go and try to find out (if I can help regarding other areas I will try, but it’s likely I won’t have the info you want, but that’s not to say I won’t try to find out for you). If I don’t respond to your questions directly in the comments section it is not because I am ignoring them, it is either because I don’t have an answer, or I am trying to find out, but I DO read all your comments.

Okay, so onto the content coming to the store later today – the eagerly awaited Marvel vs Capcom 2 is released this week, so for all your fight fans this is going to keep your finger reflexes on good form I’m sure. We also have the puzzler Droplitz available for you, as well as a demo for the Western based shooter Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (I had a lot of fun playing this game, so give it a try for yourself, and see if you’d make it as a gunslinger). We also have another large array of additional content available for titles such as Red Faction: Guerilla, LittleBigPlanet, Pain, Madden NFL 10 and more…

Also, not forgetting the PSP owners, this week Patapon is released digitally, we have a trailer for MGS Peace Walker, and tomorrow morning (Friday 14th August) we will be releasing Madden NFL 2010 on the store too! We’ve also made Resistance Retribution and Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow available for our German users too

** Unfortunately Tiger Woods Gary Player pack has had to be removed **

Downloadable Games

Droplitz (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 3+

Trial and Unlock Key

(Download the trial to try the game for free, and then purchase the Unlock Key if you would like to own the full game) Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Trial free, Unlock Key £11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+

Demos (free)

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood PEGI 16+

Add-On Game Content

Red Faction: Guerilla – Demons of the Badlands (£6.29/€7.99) PEGI 12+ Pain PEGI 16+

• Museum Pack (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Knockin’ Bloks Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Smooth Jarvis Pack (free)

LittleBigPlanet PEGI 7+

• Ada Lovelace Costume (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Boudicca Costume (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Genghis Khan Costume (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Mozart Costume (£0.79/€0.99)
  • History Costume Kit Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
  • History Level Kit Pack (£3.19/€3.99)

Madden NFL 10 PEGI 3+

• DB Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Dig Deep (£0.45/€0.49)
  • DL Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Game Day Instincts (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Hometown Hero (£0.45/€0.49)
  • LB Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Madden Max Pack (This pack contains ALL Madden packs currently available) (£6.29/€7.99)
  • Max Franchise Pack (This pack contains all of the Franchise packs available, Get all player, staff and scout packs combined)
  • Not Done Yet (£0.79/€0.99)
  • OL Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • One More Year (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Online Franchise (£6.29/€7.99)
  • Pick a Superstar (£0.79/€0.99)
  • PK Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Play Through the Pain (£0.79/€0.99)
  • QB Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • RB Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Star Player (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Super Superstar (£1.19/€1.49)
  • WR Scout (£0.45/€0.49)
  • Elite Status (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Expert Medical Staff (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Expert Scout Pack (This pack contains all 8 individual Scout Packs) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Franchise Player Pack (This pack contains all the Franchise player packs available) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Great Staff Pack (This pack contains all the Staff packs available) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Skilled Medical Staff (£0.79/€0.99)
  • World Class Training Staff (£1.19/€1.49)

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires PEGI 16+

• Arabian Armour Set (women) (free)
  • Mystic Armour Set (men) (free)
  • Wa Armour Set (women) (free)
  • Shinobi Armour Set (men) (free)

Rock Band Further your Rock Band experience with this selection of content to download: PEGI 12+

• Gorillaz Pack 01 (this combines the below three Gorillaz tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€2.99)
  • Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Re-Hash by Gorillaz (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Chest Fever (Live) by The Band (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Magic Bus (Live at Leeds) by The Who (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Piece of my Heart by Big Brother and the Holding Company (£0.99/€1.49)
  • White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane (£0.99/€1.49)

Guitar Hero: World Tour – Activision Track Pack (free) Further your track collection with this additional content for download. PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

Savage Moon Waldgeist – Red Theme

Wallpapers (free)

Fat Princess Wallpaper

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Madden NFL 2010 (Released on Friday the 14th of August) (£29.99/€39.99)
PEGI 3+

Patapon (£14.99/€19.99)
PEGI 7+

Real Madrid The Game (£15.99/€19.99)
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
PEGI 12+

• The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden (£0.99/€1.49)
  • The Trooper by Iron Maiden (£0.99/€1.49)

Themes (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy – Theme 7

Videos (free)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

337 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Hapimeses 13 August, 2009 @ 9:07 am   1

Nice. That’ll do just nicely for me this week, thanks.

Kenshin71 13 August, 2009 @ 9:07 am   2

Hi Mike, thanks for the clear explanation. Two questions.

What’s the status of Trine?

Will PSN be getting a demo of Il-2 Sturmovik, given it has been on Live for a while now?

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:38 am

Looking like a few weeks yet for Trine I’m afraid, they had to submit the game again to QA – I will get a link to their latest update and post it soon, so you know what the issues were.

As for IL-2 Sturmovik, there should be a demo coming in the next week or two it seems :)

STILL NO MGS1 :( GRRRRR

andypritchard 13 August, 2009 @ 9:09 am   4

is there any way of contacting you about games we whant on the store from the psone other than the blog and then the most popular ones get put forward to the games companies to ask them to the release the games

DANTHEMAN121 13 August, 2009 @ 9:10 am   5

nice store update LBP content keeps coming. just 1 question do u have any news on when the namco museum is coming to the EU playstation store

thanks

Spurvugle 13 August, 2009 @ 9:11 am   6

This update was ok, can not wait for the next one XD

I really hope Norway gets a vidstore =)

Btw this blog rocks :D

andypritchard 13 August, 2009 @ 9:11 am   7

do you no if the gran tourismo series will be coming to the store because there is no way of contacting polyphony

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:24 am

I haven’t heard anything, I will check with the product manager for the GT series and see if there are any plans though.

betahoven 13 August, 2009 @ 9:11 am   8

Good update.

StefNighthawk 13 August, 2009 @ 9:12 am   9

Ok, here we go again

Where’s …
MGS1
Resident Evil
Bomberman
Trine
Castlevania SOTN
Disgaea 3 DLC

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:23 am

I can say this much for you on those titles:

MGS1 – not submitted, no current release date
    Resident Evil – not submitted, no current release date
    Bomberman – Looking like Septemeber at the moment
    Trine – The game has been submitted again to QA, they have been working on optimising the game to run better on the PS3. I will find a direct link to their latest update and post it a bit later on in the comments section.
    Castlevania SOTN – not submitted, no current release date
    Disgaea 3 DLC – End of August

;)

rollz616 13 August, 2009 @ 9:12 am   10

namco museum yes please but it wont till capcom get of there ass and add the Home stuff to EU

TheTaxMan 13 August, 2009 @ 9:14 am   11

Thats nice and early today , well done , good job.

Now that the fat P game is released anytime frame on a patch as i might buy that ?

Could you confirm that 3.0 fw is coming next week .

Do you think Marvel vs Capcom 2 is any good and worth the buy ?

Anyway bf1943 hasnt been fixed yet , maybe soon eh.

Can i ask do you enjoy your job at SCEE ?
What made you go into this career ?
What make and model is your car ?
What game are you most looking forward to playing on the ps3 this year ?

Try and answer if you have time , have a good weekend and until next week , Chow babes.x

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:01 am

Hey TaxMan – I just wrote a big long response for you and then realised it was WAY too long :)

Not sure on a specific date for the 3.0 update. For fight fans I would say MvC2 is probably worth it, it has a huge roster, but as I’m no fight genre expert (I can mix it with the best on FNR4 though, but that’s the ‘sweet science’ rather than pure fighting) I can’t give you a real opinion.

I LOVE my job here at SCEE, there is a whole host of really pasionate people here, and many, many gamers – so it’s a real pleasure to be here. Like most people my trajectory to working here is a long and winding tale, but as someone who has always been a massive gamer (and had many consoles from all the major companies past and present) and came from a digital background (albeit in music) it’s a perfect marriage that I’m working with digital content and the PSN Store :)

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:04 am

Just to finish up :)

There are lots of games I’m looking forward to, a lot pushed back to next year, but this year I can’t wait for APB, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bioshock 2, Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, DiRT 2, Red Dead Redemption, and MOST of all the Fallout 3 DLC. It’s time to take my main character further into the wastelands!

Skookie30 13 August, 2009 @ 9:14 am   12

Im going to say this: its another so-so update 1 great game+LBP add-on=so-so

tetraspanin 13 August, 2009 @ 9:14 am   13

Thanks a lot for getting more of this 16+ and 18+ rated content out in germany, we’re very very thankful that this finally seems to work out!

Now another question: Will the EU blog get a mobile version like the us blog? ’cause browsing the us blog with the iPhone is really slick, the eu bog however takes ages to load.

Thanks!

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:48 am

Glad it’s finally happening too, I’m just sorry you’ve all been kept waiting so long.

At the moment I don’t know about that, but I’m sure Jem will be pushing for this :)

what is madden NHL? I think you mean NFL

When is the Australian store getting rock band unplugged you have released songs for it but we have no game?

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:37 am

Didn’t you know Madden was a massive hockey star – okay, okay I concede my silly spelling error :) NFL NOT NHL…

Rock Band Unplugged has not been released digitally in any country, and if you’re referring to the retail version I’m afraid you’ll have to ask the publisher, as I don’t get involved with retail releases – I am a digital guy ;)

smokeypsd 13 August, 2009 @ 9:17 am   15

Not a band update at all, first one i’ve though, nice selection.

It does go without saying though, no MGS still?

I realise ur well aware of this 1 mike, maybe give us an email of Konami’s, so we can go to them directly and complain, instead of indirectly to u :P

BiosNova 13 August, 2009 @ 9:19 am   16

Up early today Mike! What time do you get into the office!

Good update, a ton of DLC! :O All around i think this is a good update, 2 games, a demo, buckets of DLC. The only thing i could ask for is some PS1 games (any news?).

Good job!

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:34 am

Well I did promise as a middle ground to get the updates up nice and early on a Thursday, so I make sure I’m in nice and early on Thursdays :) Also, it’s the most important day of the week for me, what with the store publish, and then planning the next week’s update – it’s always a long old day on a Thursday :D

Carnivius_Prime 13 August, 2009 @ 9:19 am   17

I’ll grab the LBP costumes as usual. If that had been Marvel Vs Capcom 1 there I’d have bought that but I can’t stand MvsC 2. Not much actual gameplay stuff for me this week but that’s ok. I just upgraded my hard drive from 40 to 500gb so I got plenty of reinstalling/downloading to do including all those games I had to delete to fit newer stuff on.

spacebrain 13 August, 2009 @ 9:19 am   18

update on trine?

These micro transactions are disgusting EA should be ashamed of themselves

micromagic 13 August, 2009 @ 9:23 am   20

Looks like a pretty good update this week, thanks. Does the trial for Marvel VS Capcom include CPU players? The demo that was released in the US was local multi-player only.

Roxas598 13 August, 2009 @ 9:25 am   21

Hey Mike whats Droplitz?

also where you able to dog up anything about tales of eternia?

RagingAvatar 13 August, 2009 @ 9:26 am   22

A load of meh this week – which isn’t a bad thing per se – I have LOADS of games still to play that I haven’t even touched yet!

I’d like to see more in-depth Gran Turismo and LBP PSP trailers though – I’m on the fence about both of those titles..

StefNighthawk 13 August, 2009 @ 9:30 am   23

Thanks Mike,

Seems that 3rd party devs need a new world map, one with EU labeled as “potential customers” and “these people want to buy our classics” :-p

chillerwurst 13 August, 2009 @ 9:30 am   24

Does anybody know, whether the German Red Faction DLC is compatible to the Austrian Version of the Game?!

theotheo1983 13 August, 2009 @ 9:32 am   25

lol… I ordered a psn point card a couple of months ago (ebay). Entered the code in my fake us account and downloaded MGS. I suggest you do the same as long a SCEE is lacking DLC equal to SCEA.

Jkkfreelance 13 August, 2009 @ 9:36 am   26

Nice Update!

noruraeus 13 August, 2009 @ 9:37 am   27

Will there be videos etc. released on the store in relation to gamescon? If so are there plans to release them on the day in relation with the presentations at gamescon or will they appear the Thursday after? Or is all gamescon coverage this year done through Home?

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:44 am

For Gamescon we will be releasing videos on the store on the evening of Tuesday the 18th straight after the Sony conference, this will be followed by business as usual on Thursday the 20th (including more Gamescon videos).

JesteR17011 13 August, 2009 @ 9:37 am   28

No Trine again. Seriously 2 months delay is a joke.

The Store Update…

Starring – Mike Kebby (Who favours the first past the post system for deciding elections – think about it :-) , based on the previous few weeks)

This week Mike announces the store update early, and then gets to spend the whole day having people moan at him.

Unlike last week when Mike announced the store update early and… oh… er

On a serious note Mike, on the PSP store the Gran Turismo trailer from last week is still broken. After downloading it shows as “unsupported media type”.

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 9:46 am

I know the system of which you speak but my brain is having trouble comprehending what you’re implying ;) Oh well…

I’ll look into the PSP Store trailer for GT, thanks for the heads up X201

kool-chris93 13 August, 2009 @ 9:38 am   30

Hey, thanks for the update.
just wondering if we’re getting the ModNation Racers trailer any time soon? :)

StefNighthawk 13 August, 2009 @ 9:38 am   31

@24 usually there is a line in the description of the DLC with the catalogue number with which the DLC is compatible
Should be something like “BLES…….”
You can find it on the shoulder of the game’s box.

RothenburgODT 13 August, 2009 @ 9:45 am   32

thx for the updates and your blog-response – great job!

one question: the socom-confrontation-fans are still waiting for dlc. do you have a release-date for this?

GrimNebulinX 13 August, 2009 @ 9:47 am   33

I would have quite liked to buy Droplitz as i like puzzle games but
I am not prepared to pay £7.99 for it I’m afraid. thats a shocking price for a simple little puzzle game ported over from the iphone :(

I am also extremely depressed about the way that The SCEE customers are being ignored and treated like rubbish by Capcom who cant even be bothered to release their PSone games here. Konami who cant even be bothered giving us Castlevania symphony of the night and the final dagger in my back is finding out that Square Enix just released VAGRANT STORY on the SCEJ store.
I am sick and tired of the way the SCEE store is being ignored by these companies, my PSP is back to gathering dust again.
Is there nothing SCEE can do to make companies like Capcom, Konami and SquareEnix stop treating SCEE customers who want PSone games for their PSP as if we dont matter or do not even exist??????????? I have tried emailing them but they dont even reply, probably as a European person I DONT MATTER OR EVEN EXIST to them. :(
FED UP :(

newsky87 13 August, 2009 @ 9:47 am   34

Hi Mike

I know you can’t always answer for the third parties but do you have any idea if a Demo for Colin McRae DiRT 2 is on the way?

Can’t wait for that game! :)

Thanks

RFG DLC, yes please! :D

Should put some more life into the excellent SP mode of the game. Probably won’t touch any MP DLC they release though.

andypritchard 13 August, 2009 @ 9:48 am   36

is there any thing games wise coming to the store in the next few months you are able to tell us?

It’s baffling that with all the clamour for MGS1 and Resident Evil that Konami and Capcom aren’t all over this and getting them released.

Perhaps someone should point them in the way of this blog :)

helenjon69 13 August, 2009 @ 9:53 am   38

can’t wait till 6 to play new PAIN!!! we need MGS and resi games (please)

Guillemots 13 August, 2009 @ 9:55 am   39

Nice update,thanks!
Looking forward the Next week’s conference in Colonia!
Are in your plans to put also the press conference on the psstore?

taurus82 13 August, 2009 @ 9:56 am   40

When is .detuned (the demoscene/music visualisation thingy) released?

GhostViper 13 August, 2009 @ 9:57 am   41

I have been wondering about playing Call of Juarez. Well now I can check it out :) Nice work :)

Dutch_Rootsman 13 August, 2009 @ 9:58 am   42

Dear Mike,

Can you please confirm that Marvel VS Capcom 2 will be released this week on the Australian Playstation Store?

Thanks

Dutch

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:09 am

You will indeed be able to get the game in Australia, it’s available for all the EU stores.

fish1001 13 August, 2009 @ 9:58 am   43

Any word on the fallout 3 DLC? Plus i no this is off topic but could you tell me how they have decided who gets into the mag beta i was told lucky email dip. cheers ta lovely job ;-)

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:10 am

At the moment looks to be September – I can’t wait for this, especially as I want to raise my level cap and get on with all the extra missions. I can’t get enough of this fantastic game… do I come across as a bit of a Fallout fanboy??) :D

Its safe to say that MVC2 is the only worthwhile content most will be getting this week including me, i remember i played this game to death on the dreamcast back in the day… love the soundtrack too.

If anything MVC2 made this weeks content “good” without a doubt.

Cant wait for the sony conference next week tuesday (6pm)

Kebby got a question for ya?

G4′s Olivia Munn?

Ign’s Jessica Chobot

Or

GameTrailer’s Amanda MacKay?

Lol

PS… and if you dont know, look ‘em up.

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:12 am

It should be a very good conference, and we should have it released on the store the following Thursday.

I’m not playing that game, my girlfriend will kill me :D

hobgoblin 13 August, 2009 @ 9:59 am   45

Post above, link doesnt work again, just copy and paste. then remove space in “scr een” and add another “-” after PS3-

Never mind MGS. Why, some three years into the console’s life do we not have Spyro 1, 2 and 3? Or Crash 2*? If you can’t even get THOSE games out, how do you expect anyone to take that service seriously?

* Yeah, I know, legal issues. Still, I’m going to keep bugging you about this until you put it up.

TheSabreman 13 August, 2009 @ 10:04 am   47

I don’t need to leave feedback as it has been posted on the blog that SCEE has done “In depth research” and know’s what is best.

doomydeath333 13 August, 2009 @ 10:06 am   48

Hi Can I ask What PSP Full games you know will get realesed on 1st October or that yo are trying to get realesed? (I am thinking aout getting a PSP Go)

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:19 am

I can’t give specific details at present, however, there will be lots of content coming for the PSP in order to support those of you who may be getting the PSP Go.

GrimNebulinX 13 August, 2009 @ 10:07 am   49

I just did some checking on Droplitz pricing.

Droplitz iPhone- $1.99 (not sure on UK price)

Droplitz XBL – £6.80

Droplitz PSN – £7.99

Why?
Its a $1.99 iPhone game Why is it £7.99 on PSN?
Who is making these prices up?

Mike Kebby 13 August, 2009 @ 10:14 am

I’m not going to go into detail regarding pricing as it’s a senstive issues for all, but the publishers decide what pricing they want for their content.

The Madden DLC is such a joke… i guss they can do whatever they want with their game… but seriusly. :-/

Hearing the Disgaea DLC is coming is a nice deal… but wen it´s already around in English i don´t know why we have to wait, we are the same kind of paying customers that are in the US… you basicly force us to get semi legal and get US Copys of games and US Store PrePaid cards. :-/

Load all