Posted 14 August

Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman

Hi everyone. My name is Allison from NIS America, and I want to talk about the hottest PSP title ever, “Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?” OK, the title itself is bloomin’ insane, but so is the game. It’s coming to Europe in September, and the demo will be out on PSN 3 September (free!), but more on that later. Right!

Badman logo

Here’s the story: you are the God of Destruction, summoned by Badman, an underground overlord (and a rather egotistical one at that) to create an army of creatures to protect him from a slew of justice-thirsty heroes. Badman acts whingey and helpless, and he often gets his knickers in a twist when things don’t go his way. A real wally, yeah? But, he’s right funny as you’ll see when you play.

Badman screenshot 1

In the game itself, you are a pickaxe. Yeah, you don’t seem that exciting, but you are the friggin’ God of Destruction! Your job is to annihilate the pseudo heroes who invade Badm… no… YOUR dungeon and killing his…. no… YOUR servants created from the sweat off your pickaxe. You dig and dig and dig through rich soil from which spring gluey Slimemosses, tasty Omnoms, thumpin’ demons and, yeah, fire-breathin’ dragons, ready to serve and fight as long you take care of them. The dungeon is a delicate ecosystem in which the monsters feed upon others to grow and reproduce. If you create too much of one kind of monster, you risk unbalancing the system, which weakens your fighting power. Rule 1 and only 1: take care of your army.

The game is pretty simple, but it has plenty of depth. (You have to dig right deep to protect Badman).

“Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!” boasts a retro-style visual flair that matches its throwback game style perfectly. And we think lots of people will be attracted to Badman, and won’t be able to stop themselves from spending many sleepless nights with him!

So, give the game a test play by downloading our demo from PSN on 3 September! It’s free, so no excuses. After playing it a few times, come back here in a week to give me a shout, and take our nifty quiz, which could garnish you a couple of randy Omnoms. If taken care of, these little pests may multiply and transform into Omnom flies.

And, now, have a look at Baddie’s website.

Fantastic news for all: “Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This?” will be available BOTH as digital download from PSN and UMD.

Enjoy!

Badman screenshot 2

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

52 Comments 40 Author replies
Show oldest first

GhostViper 14 August, 2009 @ 4:33 pm   1

That looks like fun. Need to test out the demo :)

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 4:36 pm   2

I’m glad you like it. Careful though: once you play the demo, you’ll get addicted and have to play the full game.

RadioactiveMouse 14 August, 2009 @ 4:40 pm   3

Mmm a demo you say….may have to give it a look. ;)

I think, although i could be wrong, I played the demo of this when it was released for Japan, but didn’t have fun as I had no idea how to play. I’ll download the UK demo and hopfully have a blast.

RagingWhisky 14 August, 2009 @ 5:03 pm   5

[JohnSketch]

They really do need to release more old school style games like these…

I still have fond memories of Super Mario Land and the 6 Gold Coins…gameplay like that would be almost perfect on the PSP – tis why castlevania gives me a semi!

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

thanks! Let’s not forget Dungeon Master. The retro look is really fun, but the animation of the creatures is very detailed.

Jack-Bauer-89 14 August, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   6

Bring it on! iv played the heck outta the demo :)

I also hear Badman 2 is out in Japan, any chance of you guys bringing that over here as well? But you cant talk about that can you ;)

The second one of these released when I was in Japan last year – I’ve been waiting for a localized version ever since. Glad to see it’s nearly here.

Spurvugle 14 August, 2009 @ 5:14 pm   8

Haha love the name, wil give it a try=)

Holy about time Badman!

Too bad you didn’t pickup Demons Souls rights too :(

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 6:36 pm

Gracias, SappYoda! Demons Soul is fun game, but Baddie is better! I mean, where else can you be the God of Destruction?

almighty-slayer 14 August, 2009 @ 5:26 pm   10

o_O Sounds…different.

I’ll be sure to download the demo, at any rate :)

Thanks a lot, NIS America :)

JordanBlack68 14 August, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   11

10 Comments 3 Replies Add Yours

Actually there are 4 Red Replies?

Hello love your games please continue to bring your unique style to us in the EU.

Is there any plans to bring the Disgaea 3 dlc updates to us like the JPN & US customers?

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

Absolutely. Disgaea 3 DLC will be available 27 August, perhaps not all at once. And, trophies are coming as well, but the date is not fixed as of yet.

hedges1001 14 August, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   13

after hearing the review on ps nation podcast im pretty excited for this i almost though it wouldn’t get an eu localisation.
P.S can you say anything on an eu release for disgaea 2 on psp and the disgaea 3 eu trophy patch, because i heard some rumours of us having to wait until autumn?

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 6:12 pm

Hi, Hedges. The EU version of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! has been translated into French and German, so it is tailored for a European audience. (Sorry Spain, Italy and Portugal!) For Disgaea 2, I can’t say anything yet, but the Disgaea 3 trophy patch should come out in autumn. When I’m able to give you a specific date, I’ll definitely let you know.

yerrr this luks like a cool game luv the name aswell.

very upset right now my psp just broke last week an dont have enough money 4 another :(

btw thank you so much for telling us about disgaea 3 dlc an the trophy patch didn’t even think they were coming to the eu. this months not a total loss :)

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 6:26 pm

You are very welcome. Ah, sorry to hear about your PSP breaking, but you know, PSP Go is coming out this October. I can’t wait to get my hands on one. It looks gorgeous!

I’ve played this demo loads… and I love the humour in the game…

I still struggle with maintaining an eco system though, with the slimemosses often undoing each other’s work in building up mineral deposits… Even so, I’m sure I’ll get the hang of things! Definitely picking this title up.

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

Slimemosses are pesky creatures, simple, necessary but somehow unpredictable.

Ravenblade86 14 August, 2009 @ 6:26 pm   16

Very good news! :) I’ve been really interested in this since it posted about on the US blog. It’s something different, and it looks to be so well suited to the PSP so I’ll picking this up when it hits the PSN.

Really glad its coming over here :)

hedges1001 14 August, 2009 @ 6:39 pm   17

thanks for the reply it shed some light on the situation. and also nice to hear the disgaea 3 DLC is coming on my birthday you guys just got a major buy from me what with this and cross edge a week later im not gonna have any money left.

betahoven 14 August, 2009 @ 6:44 pm   18

Hi Allison

I’m pleased to see that NIS America have a “Product and Development Manager for Europe”. Does this mean us Euros are no longer reliant on other publishers for some Nippon Ichi love?

And is there any chance of Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness appearing on the PSN store? I’ve got the UMD but want a digital copy :)

Handige_Harry 14 August, 2009 @ 6:53 pm   19

Whoohooo Finaly !!!! YES YES YES i love this game!!!

beter late then never!

i actually forgot about the psp GO thanx 4 reminding me lol. i better start saving up 4 one :)

i know its not related to the post but for people who dont read the U.S. blog MAG is due out 26th jan (in north america but will probably be arround the same time here)

majesticbeastt 14 August, 2009 @ 7:13 pm   22

Keep up the good work nis. Still loving cross edge and dis3 wont be buying badman simply cause i dont own a psp yet. You guys and Atlus give me the slice of asian gaming i need, demons souls was great and so was dis 3 clocked in 150hours so keep up the good work and make or publish even more ps3 titles:D

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 7:50 pm

Thanks so much for your comments! We plan to keep more great games coming. Sorry to hear you have no PSP because Badman is such a great game… but the PSPgo is coming out… just a thought.

In french ! Thank you i read your comment, i try the demo on the US PSN, but my english is not very very good, thanks for the translation !

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 7:51 pm

and to tell you, pour vous dire, la démo va aussi être en français…vive Badman!

hyperslug 14 August, 2009 @ 8:01 pm   24

Wauw! a free demo! :-/

This game was 15 bucks in the US right? it will probably be waay to expansive over here to bother.

surprise me!

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 8:38 pm

Here’s what I can tell you: In the US, it came out only as a PSN download and as an exclusive. In Europe, it will be coming out in stores and on PSN. I’m kind of excited that we’ll be offering it simultaneously on UMD and downloadable.

Onna76_NL 14 August, 2009 @ 8:09 pm   25

Hi Allison, welcome around here and you’re doing your job as product and development manager pretty good here on the blog :D

I’ve got an off topic question actually. Atelier Rorona… I assume if this game will be localized NIS America will be responsible for at least the American release, like with Atelier Annie for on the DS. Can you share any information about the localization of this game in the sense of “if” we can expect it in the US / EU and if so “when”?

Thanks in advance,
Anouschka

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 8:35 pm

Oh, Anouschka, could I tell you more about that later? I’m not saying no… but I’m not giving anything definite.

I have loved NIS games a lot.. It just has saddens me many of them come so late to Europe, so this is very positive surprise to hear that this game is actually coming so fast to us and oddly also published by NIS america.

Thank you, I’ll be waiting impatiently for this :)

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 8:36 pm

Hey Kek7GO. I love our games, too! We are trying hard to shorten the gap between releases. We’ll continue to work hard to do so, because I know how you feel.

ghamdikh1 14 August, 2009 @ 8:43 pm   27

@Allison Walter

1-is there any plans for NIS America to bring there ps1 games to PSN?

2-is there any plans for NIS America to bring there PSP games to PSN?

Allison Walter 14 August, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

Hey ghamdikh1, hello to the States! Here are your answers:
    1- can’t tell you because I’m not sure;
    2- Badman is PSP, Prinny PSP will be coming soon… so we are and will bring PSP games to PSN.

Just to let you know, I’m signing off for a while. I’ll be back on line to address any other questions you might have. Cheers!

Handige_Harry 14 August, 2009 @ 9:11 pm   28

lol @ respons 19 Allison Walter.

Im a Dutch Person not Frensh !!! Make it dutch!!! :p

Excellent. I was just trying to find out when/if this game was coming out in ther EU. Really pleased and will definately be downloading the demo with a view to getting the full game.

Allison Walter 15 August, 2009 @ 5:25 am

Fabulous! Remember to play our quiz… it’ll be out as well 3 September.

Roxas598 14 August, 2009 @ 9:27 pm   30

Hmmm 3 of september you say :P

Allison Walter 15 August, 2009 @ 5:20 am

The demo is coming out 3 September, and we have a quiz for you to play after playing it, with a prize of two randy Omnoms. Look for it! Oh, and BTW, The game should be out 25 September.

Published by NIS America in Europe as well? I hope this is a sign of more games coming from you guys then as that would be excellent news.

Personally I imported the Japanese version of this game and enjoyed it a lot, it’s very much an arcade game as you will play the story mode over and over again to try to perfect your style of play and get through all the levels. Very difficult (and probably more difficult than it had to be when playing in Japanese hehe) but then it really should.

I’ll be hoping that the sequel turns up as I haven’t bought that yet.

almighty-slayer 14 August, 2009 @ 11:47 pm   32

We get it on UMD aswell?

HOORAY :D UMD for the win

Oh, I love Dig Dug ;-D

The game looks brilliant. I’ll take 5!

Handige_Harry 15 August, 2009 @ 9:00 am   34

youre awesome allison, can we follow youre updates @ twitter?

hope prinny is coming soon either, ahhh this is going to be a verry expensive game year. all those great games coming and the psp go!

Allison Walter 16 August, 2009 @ 9:55 am

I have to update my twitter… but yes, you can. Love those text bytes!

I´m glad Badman will be publish in europe, all game from NISA are welcome anytime.

BTW: Is there any chance of Mana Khemia 2 being released in Europe? Or should I just import it from the USA?

Allison Walter 16 August, 2009 @ 9:57 am

Let me get back to you on that… but you might want to check with tecmokoei in the UK

HiddenAway 15 August, 2009 @ 11:49 am   36

Hi Allison

Can you tell me what the price of Badman would be on the PSN store?

It’s great news that the game is coming to the store and UMD and even better that the demo is coming as well. Can’t wait to try it out in English at last!

Also, going by what’s been said before, are you definitely bringing Prinny and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness to the store?

Thanks!

Allison Walter 16 August, 2009 @ 9:58 am

For the price, can’t say yet. I just know that the PSN price and the retail price will be the same. And, I can definitely say, Prinny is coming to PSN.

Ravenblade86 15 August, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   37

Hi Allison,

I just wanted say thanks very much for all the replies you have left on this article. It is always great to see people to hang around and answer some questions, but you have went way beyond what we normally see and you deserve major credit for that!

SurrealNightmare 15 August, 2009 @ 1:17 pm   38

I may have to give this a go when it gets released.

At the moment I’m playing through a US import of Cross Edge, and despite all the negative press it’s received, I’m enjoying the hard challenge that it offers and I won’t give up until that platinum is mine… heh.

Once I’ve completed it I’ll have to pick up Disgaea 3 again (I had the US version but my last PS3 died on me and I never got the disc back :() and buy some of the DLC packs.

Just a question out of curiosity though. Will the EU version of Cross Edge receive DLC on a weekly basis like its American cousin?

I’ve been enjoying all of the free DLC packs so far and was quite surprised when I downloaded the dungeon 5 pack and encountered a new type of enemy called a Hiyoko. It had a pretty cool character design though. :p

Allison Walter 16 August, 2009 @ 10:01 am

Cross Edge is a pretty tough game! Glad you are up for the challenge. The CE DLC should be coming out every week or so, yes, like in the US. And, there are a few funky surprises…

@38: Cross Edge is awesome. It’s a shame that some JRPG fans will probably be put off by the misleading & largely inaccurate reviews from the mainstream press. The DLC pricing is getting a little ridiculous though – $1.99 for a handful of useless items??

Onna76_NL 15 August, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   40

@Allison, hmmm… and you’re sure you won’t forget about that? :D

Allison Walter 16 August, 2009 @ 10:03 am

A little more patience, Onna76_NLm please… ask me again in a few days.

Lynfiord 15 August, 2009 @ 6:29 pm   41

Woot someone from NIS here on the EU blog!! Great day indeed!
Thanks for confirming about the release date for the DLCs and confirm that Trophy support will come to EU aswell for Disgaea 3!

Can’t wait for it :)

Amherst_Wind_4 15 August, 2009 @ 6:42 pm   42

Wow, Nippon Ichi comes through for Europe! Badman on UMD and Disgaea 3 DLC plus Trophies! You guys are amazing, I’m so glad you have a Europe branch now!

i was saying 3 of september because it should be the 3rd of september :D

hedges1001 16 August, 2009 @ 10:13 am   44

glad to hear disgaea 1 may get on the psn. and i cant beat the last boss on prinny because i mashed the square button to oblivion. but hey ya gotta have guts dood!!

Allison Walter 17 August, 2009 @ 5:34 am

Dooooooood! I have to tell you, I began playing Prinny fighting the last boss. I died sooo many times, it’s shameful. I broke down and got someone to kill him for me, someone who had tested the game and had it down. I sympathize with the mashed square button, I really do. In truth, I wanted to mash the entire PSP.

Onna76_NL 17 August, 2009 @ 11:30 am   45

Lol dood… ever time I hear a prinny saying that in Disgaea 3 I’m laughing off my…. well behind…

Ask you again in a few days? Help me remind it asking then hahaha… No its marked in my agenda xD Hmmm… any announcement at GamesCom perhaps? *ponders*….

Allison Walter 17 August, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

Well, I really have to say that we have to wait and see. Sorry I can’t tell you more. When I can, I will.

For those Dutchies out there, if you follow this link, you’ll find a whole load of info on Prinny: http://tiny.cc/eH9GT

SurrealNightmare 17 August, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   47

There’s an English version as well and how you could have missed it, I don’t know… heh.

SurrealNightmare 17 August, 2009 @ 3:36 pm   48

Hmmm… that’s why you posted a tiny link. XD

Oh well… http://tinylink.com/?Reu4A3VRaG

Amherst_Wind_4 17 August, 2009 @ 9:52 pm   49

I vote Allison as the best EU Playstation Blog poster ever. I hope you get to post again and I look forward to it!

Allison Walter 17 August, 2009 @ 10:43 pm

I really enjoy rapping with you guys. I’ll be back with a new post when the demo goes up.

Allison Walter 28 August, 2009 @ 4:06 pm   50

Just want to add, Disgaea trophies will be coming in Winter. We’re working on them right now for the European version.

Load all