Posted 11:01am

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (20th August 2009)

Good morning. I hope your collective appetites have been sufficiently wet by all the announcements made at gamescom, I for one am personally very excited about the new additions coming to the PlayStation Network.

Talking of wet, WET is one of four demos we have releasing on the store later today (did you see what I did there…ahem, apologies), alongside Mini Ninjas and IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. You can also fling Andy Dick around in Pain from today, as well as get yourself a Street Fighter II themed table for Zen Pinball. We also have another batch of trailers from gamescom, including footage from the Sony press conference.

Tomorrow morning you will also be able to get hold of a trailer for the forthcoming Avatar game taken from the Avatar game day event.

Finally, for our PSP users we have a variety of content available (especially for RPG fans) with Wild Arms XF, Riviera, and the demo for DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY available, amongst other things. Scroll down for the full list.

The store will be updated later this afternoon, and as usual any problems or feedback please leave a comment.

Demos (free)

Colin McRae DiRT 2
PEGI 3+

WET
PEGI 18+

Mini Ninjas
PEGI 7+

IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

Pain – Andy Dick Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
PEGI 16+

Zen Pinball – Street Fighter II Tribute Table (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 7+

Guitar Hero: World Tour – Duelling Banjos Track (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 12+

Rock Band

• Foo Fighters Pack 02 (this combines the below three Foo Fighters tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€2.99)
  • All My Life by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I’ll Stick Around by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Lonely As You by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I Predict A Riot by Kaiser Chiefs (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Inside Out by Eve 6 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • No Rain by Blind Melon (£0.99/€1.49)
  • There’s No Other Way by Blur (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

• Savage Moon Waldgeist Trailer
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 1
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 2
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 3
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 4
  • PR Sizzler Trailer
  • Avatar Game Day Trailer (Released on Friday the 21st of August)

Themes (free)

• Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Theme
  • PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Wild Arms XF (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Riviera (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Warriors Orochi (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Colin McRae Rally 2005 (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy
PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged

• A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and Cambria (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

• DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Themes 8, 9 and 10

Videos (free)

• MotorStorm Arctic Edge Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

426 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

FallingStickman 20 August, 2009 @ 11:03 am   1

And once again no PSOne games. Still, I think it’s a decent update.

No complaints here,some decent demos,things are looking up imo…

Nice :-)

lardteamaker 20 August, 2009 @ 11:07 am   4

demos, character from pain and the pinball table for me then. :) cheapish week.

I’m getting WET

Well, I think is an amazing update. Look how many demos there are. And what about those trailers and the amazing press conference?
Awesome!

Wow very good update! 4 demos! :)

SCEE are really earning my faith back

[DELETED]

4 DEMOS!!!!!!! thats more like it SCEE/Kebby. and to make things better there really decent demos too

Love it when there are lots of Demos. Great update guys!

woo for wet demo!

and wild arms!!!! OMG i will be yoinking that cheers for the heads up mike :)

great update, but there will still be complaints from certain people….

UndeadBob 20 August, 2009 @ 11:09 am   12

Nice update, though I count 4 demos not 3 :) You seem to have forgotten that Colin McRae DiRT 2 is listed below…

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:12 am

I wrote the beginning paragraph before we had the confirmation of that demo, and because the team are at Gamescom the change may take a while to make ;)

Awesome update.

I wasn’t expecting such a good one since you have treated us with so much this week.

get2sammyb 20 August, 2009 @ 11:12 am   14

AWESOME DEMOS. Cheers guys!

Is there any news on Resident Evil 1 and MGS1 coming to the store?

whoismilan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:14 am   16

I like that there are a lot of demos, but seriously, someone who’s at gamescom needs to get in touch with Konami and ask what’s taking them so long to get you-know-what to Europe.

Good update.

Any chance of getting the fantastic Uncharted 2 trailer from Gamescom up? :P

Great update. Will download demo’s of DIRT, WET and Sturmovik. :D

loonytoon1982 20 August, 2009 @ 11:15 am   19

Usually I’m annoyed when there’s nothing for me to buy but I’m broke this week so it’s all good :p

Between bills, Batman and the PS3 Slim it’s a quiet time :D

StromboyX 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   20

Cool!!!! Dissidia demo, this is the best news so far :) , including DiRT 2 and WET demos which are also on my play list..Pure satisfaction

Andy-McK-4ever 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   21

Four demos Mike!!! You really are spoiling us. Some really good trailers aswell. This is the best update since E3

ReNeGADe1991 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   22

OMG I love you Mike! I cant wait for Dirt you have really made my day.

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 20 August, 2009 @ 11:17 am   23

Mike

brilliant update, i doubt very much you will be getting alot of moaning on here today. Very impressed with the available playable demos…..especially the dissidia one for the psp.

Is there any news on Tomb Raider possibly coming out soon as a psone classic just like the us store, if you don’t know, can u let me know asap as am such a huge Tomb Raider fan…Thanks :-)

aeonlord92 20 August, 2009 @ 11:17 am   24

Good update, I’ll definately get the WET demo. Is there any news of Disgaea 3 DLC or a trophy patch?

jack__burt0n 20 August, 2009 @ 11:18 am   25

I know its unrelated mike but do u have any info on an Uncharted 2 collectors edition? I know it seems that play.com has exclusive 2nd beta codes but I have been holding out to see if there is a bumper edition planned have seen screens of uncharted 2 bags and a steelbook?

Any info is great cos otherwise will just go ahead and order my copies from play for the codes.

Thanks.

micromagic 20 August, 2009 @ 11:18 am   26

Ooooohhhh….nice load of demos. Excited about trying the Dirt 2 demo and didn’t expect Wet to be up there. Very nice update this week, thanks :-)

Good update :)Thanks .

LittleBigPlanet Water Trailer! YES! :D Loved that Video.

What an amazing PlayStaion week it has been. Well done SONY ;)

Any date for the BomberMan Ultra PSN Game for Euro-Land?

betahoven 20 August, 2009 @ 11:20 am   29

Well this seems to be going down well. People really do love demos huh.

Yeah ! The two Ratchet & Clank trailers, finally ! :)

mike that wild arms is a psp game right? it just doesn’t say

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am

It is indeed the PSP game, seems the editing for the post is a bit out (there is usually a PSP Store heading before the list of content ;) )

whoismilan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   32

There’s video evidence what Kojima is at gamescom. Now is the time to use your best sneaking skills to get to him, pin him against the wall and demand some answers!

Croopnick_PL 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   33

Wet!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :)

No new PSone games?

AcidCrashX 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   34

@Mike

Impressive selection today Mike! make sure to thank the guys in your team for us as well as give yourself a pat on back.

i’ll be downloading all 5 demos (PS3 and PSP) and i may even pick up the 2 digital PSP releases this week.. an RPG on the go is always a good thing to have when you commute 2 hours a day!

Great stuff!

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 11:24 am   36

Anymore Gamescom videos coming today?

ignore that question twas stupid lol sorz

Again, no MGS is a sticky point, but no complaints this week, as there’s Mini Ninjas!! Also, idk how far in advance you know about stuff, but has any noise been made about a Saw: The Video Game demo? (aka my most wanted of the year :D)

Dutch_Rootsman 20 August, 2009 @ 11:26 am   39

Dear Mike,

This week looks good.

Makes we worried about next week though :(

I hope these PSP games and PS3 demos are coming to the Australian store…?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:31 am

Don’t worry about next week, it’s looking like a nice selection of stuff at the moment :D

BritishBlue 20 August, 2009 @ 11:26 am   40

A nice bunch demos today, great stuff! I’m particularly pleased about Dirt 2 & Sturmovik, I was already thinking of buying them!

Great update

kingofscotland 20 August, 2009 @ 11:27 am   42

Where is the new Unchartered Trailer from Gamescom?? :-(

I’ve seen it on the net but want to see it in alls its beautiful HD glory!

Skookie30 20 August, 2009 @ 11:27 am   43

Its a good update 5 demos dont make a great update you dig, & mike thank you & thank you for at last we in uk get the psn cards in september Hurrah. :D

Kenshin71 20 August, 2009 @ 11:28 am   44

Four demos! Awesome. Looking forward to Il-2 Sturmovik. Let’s just hope Trine makes it out before 2010.

Mike last week you said to me Zombie Apocalyspe was end of the month, can we expect it next week?

Also any news on Under Siege? (no not the Steven Segal movie lol)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:32 am

I don’t know what’s happening with Zombie Apocalypse now at the moment, fingers crossed it’s coming very soon though.

commuterzombie 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am   46

Well done all concerned. That’s one hell of an update.

Same again next week please ;P

TheTaxMan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am   47

Hello , Not a bad update , pinball for me this week ,

But,

What about these patches for the games that we have , bf1943 still not working as it should .

I dont want to have to ask you every week .

Could you explain to people how to get a refund from the PSN store?

Some people are not happy with some games and not getting a refund is not an option.

I,d like to say also , your doing a good job answering the questions each week and trying to be honest , its good to see.

GordonVanDyke will not answer emails or tweets , so could you do some digging and find anything out please , and thanks x

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:34 am

As I’ve said before, I don’t work on patches, and am not in control of 3rd party games – I’m sorry, but you’re asking the wrong person about patches.

I’ll try and find something out for you though, but I can’t guarantee anything I’m afraid.

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2009 @ 11:30 am   48

Nice demos, when will Mini Ninjas came out?

BoneCraKeR 20 August, 2009 @ 11:30 am   49

am i seeing right? 4 demos? you havent made a mistake have you? :D

thx for the update and for the vids of gamescon

kingofscotland 20 August, 2009 @ 11:31 am   50

Oh — and meant to say aprt from the lack of new Unchartered Trailer – Great update, will keep me busy in between Call of Juarez (great game)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:34 am

Call of Juarez is indeed great fun, I need to play through again with Ray now though :)

Sturmurorurovik demo! Yaaay… I’ve been lookin’ forward to this ‘un

Jerommeke 20 August, 2009 @ 11:32 am   52

Very nice update Kebby :)
My download limit will be shredded (all 4 demo’s + press conference)

Hope you can keep up to this for the next few weeks.

How is GamesCom by the way? I would have come but I have to work :s

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:35 am

Wish I knew what Gamescom was like – I’m not there unfortunately :( Maybe next year, hint hint :)

hana_fubuki 20 August, 2009 @ 11:33 am   53

Wow! A fantastic update and a great way to top off Sony’s impressive showing at GamesCom.

The Dissidia demo is finally here (along with more themes), the surprise WET demo came out of nowhere, DiRT 2…

Give credit where credit is due: this is a great week for the PlayStation ‘verse. It really feels like GamesCom was the start of a new cycle for Sony.

The GT bonus sold me on the PSPgo (even though I already have a 2000), and I’ve also pre-ordered the new PS3 (I’ll pass on my “phat” PS3 to my brother, who may not be a gamer but will certainly be happy to have a good Blu-Ray player to complement his HDTV).

It’s a good thing work has been good to me lately, or my bank account would be begging for mercy right about now…

DiRT and Wet demos should keep me entertained for a while! :)

noruraeus 20 August, 2009 @ 11:36 am   55

Nice update Mike, looking forward to testing Dirt 2.

Mike do you know if there is a demo planned for White Knight?

TheTaxMan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:37 am   56

Id just like to say thanks for your time and effort , nice to see .

Bilbo_bobbins 20 August, 2009 @ 11:38 am   57

Wow Mikey baby, I think I love you

This is another fantastic update for us lovely PS3 gamers. Good work Sony !

It’s turning out to be a good week for all Sony/PS3 fans.

JordanBlack68 20 August, 2009 @ 11:38 am   58

Thanks for the update, the pricing is still disappointing.

Thanks for the demos!

Thanks Mike for answering my question. Just another Question, with the FW3.0 update we are getting on September the 1st we are getting animated themes. Question is will be getting free ones via the PSN, paid only or both like we do now with the standard ones?

Keep up the good work man it seems like your the only who answers questions around here besides Jeff Rubenstein on the US PSBlog.

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:48 am

I have not been given anything specific in regards to animated themes as yet, but I would imagine there would be a good selection of free and paid for ones – but don’t hold me to that, as I’ve said nothing confirmed as yet ;)

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 11:41 am   61

Mike will you be getting a new PS3, or sticking with the sleek sexy one!

hey mike any chance of wild arms for free? :P

HiddenAway 20 August, 2009 @ 11:43 am   63

Great update this week and FINALLY, some RPG’s! More of them please!

If I was in charge of uploading I’d sneakily upload MGS too :P It’d please so many people.

Harlequiine 20 August, 2009 @ 11:44 am   65

Nice update, bulk demos but I probably won’t get any.

Do you know when.. ugh what’s it called.. the pool game. Hustle something :P You know what I’m talkin’ about Mike! The new pool game.

Do you know when it’s released?

Yeah I’m too lazy to google the name.

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:47 am

Hustle Kings perchance? :)

No concrete date as yet, but it’ll probably be quite chilly outside when it does arrive ;)

No Zombie Apocalyse… very disappointing. I’ve been waiting for that game for months. Konami still lets us waiting… feeling so terrible…

Awesome update Mike! But please can you tell me if there´s going to be a demo for Heroes over Europe soon? I want a flight simulator and want to try IL2 (thanks for the demo) and HOE before buying ;)

Lovely update, but you reeeeally need to get the GC Uncharted 2 trailer up there; I want to hold it and cuddle it.

Nagash_MalKaVian 20 August, 2009 @ 11:50 am   69

wow, tell SE to realease the FFXIV alpha-demo that is playable at GC09!
j/k, nice update will keep me busy while I wait for Uncharted 2! (at least a cuple of days ^^;)

@Kebby, remember us from Aus and NZ are upside down from the UK, so you mean when we are stuck in a furnace :P.

The demos look great though. Will probably get the Dirt 2 one for sure, and it will depend on the size limit for the others. 20gb download a month doesn’t go far when there are demos to download :(.

Nice update, will psp owners be getting Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days?

eatstatic 20 August, 2009 @ 11:52 am   72

Actually, the correct word is ‘whet’, not ‘wet’ when referring to appetite hehe

My appetite has been whetted for these demos, for sure!

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:53 am

Damn you – somebody had to notice didn’t they? Well in my defence it was a bit of wordplay okay – honest, honest!! :P

D_Killa_Kat_96_ 20 August, 2009 @ 11:53 am   73

Wow! NICE UPDATE!!!
I’ve always wanted to know what Mini Ninjas was like :]

P.S. Did you enjoy the Batman : AA Demo Mike? I loved it!

Awwww meanie :(

lol looks like next week it is then :D

After last week’s goings on, lets have a quick sneak peak at what’s coming up in this weeks exciting comments section…

Mike says: “… as with any console, developers will get more power out of it as it goes through its life-cycle”
MCV headline: “Sony manager: ‘PS3 slim to be discontinued – more powerful model to be released’”

Mike says: “I like working on the blog and PSN and always try to free up time for it”
VG247 headline: Sony exec says “All PSN games to be free!”

Mike says: “I played Halo and Gears of War on a friends console a couple of years ago”
Neogaf: “Sony CEO says that Halo and GoW will be PS3 exclusives!!! OMFG, lulz at xbots”

:D

What other exclusives will you reveal this week Mike? ;)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 12:00 pm

Genius, just genius :P

I’ve also learnt how to fly simply by touching the motion controller, didn’t expect that did you :)

Great update! can’t wait for it, but I wish there was more trailers like for MGS Peace Walker.

& if you don’t mind could you tell me how much is the size for the WET & Mini Ninja demos? I would appreciate it.

lulufeena 20 August, 2009 @ 11:58 am   77

that was a great update today!!! is there any chance that more rpgs will be added soon. i would love to see alundra and breath of fire on the store

Dirt 2! Yeah! Still won’t have enough money to buy it when its out cos of the recession, AND what money I DO have is going on Batman AA, Operation Flashpoint 2, Uncharted 2, Modren Warfare 2 & Gran Turismo 5 (hopefully!), but I’m looking forward to trying the demo for Dirt 2 and dreaming of when I can afford full game! Thanks for update Mike!

almighty-slayer 20 August, 2009 @ 12:00 pm   79

Think it’ll just be the Press Conference footage for me then! Might download WET but meh

Great update. Will be dling Dirt 2, WET and IL-2 demos. Guess we’ll have to wait next week for NHL 10 demo? Shame because that would have made this the best PSN update in a long time.

lulufeena 20 August, 2009 @ 12:01 pm   81

any chance for tomb raider 1 -5, alundra ,final fantasy 8 and 9 ,legacy of kain blood omen, koudelka or breath of fire 4,legend of dragoon and vagrent story. We need more ps1 games !!!!

@X201 (comment 74)

LOL Gold!

RagdollMuffins 20 August, 2009 @ 12:02 pm   83

Great update. But I hoped we would get Tomb Raider today. Any news about that? Thx anyway! :)

eatstatic 20 August, 2009 @ 12:02 pm   84

Wordplay is good enough for me!

Great update this week, btw. I hope these demos are more polished than Juarez – I had random guns (not attached to arms) floating about my screen, and all sorts of bugs.

Mini Ninjas looks nice, and Wet will be interesting. Dirt I am not so bothered about, as I hear the DADDY of all racing games will be out before the end of the year (and what gorgeous shadows on the in-car view!!) ;)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 12:04 pm

I played a little bit of DiRT 2 a couple of months ago and it was sublime, it should be a cracker!

almighty-slayer 20 August, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   85

Oh and also – Where is Trine?

Guillemots 20 August, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   86

this week is really awesome from us PS users:
Lots of great news from Games Com, 4 demos, tons of add-on, videos, Dissidia FF Demo…
Thank you again Mike (and Sony, of course)

almighty-slayer 20 August, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   87

Ohhh Mini Ninjas…Failed to see that :)

Sorry for so many replie :P Good update Sir Kebby

@Mike 81,

I tried it a while ago, I thought it was more… sublemon…:D

OK, I’ll leave the jokes to Jem ;)

Good update this week, plenty of trailers to download, except Uncharted curiously

Whoooa, really good stuff :)
PSS still alive!

Tekken 6 Gamescom Trailer Video
Trine Trailer Video
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Comicon Trailer Video
PR Sizzler Trailer Video
Avatar Game Day Trailer Video
———————————————————-

Once more… AWESOME UPDATE!
Hope to have further PSS updates will be equally good :)

greekgoddj 20 August, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   90

This is a GOOD update… 4 demos, especially DiRT 2 and Mini Ninjas!

Also will be buying the new pin ball table! :o)

xKillerMonkeyx 20 August, 2009 @ 12:13 pm   91

Wow Dirt 2, been dyig to try this baby,

Mike could you please tell us the sizes of the demos? Surely it can’t be that hard to put the sizes next to the demos?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 12:24 pm

I don’t get the filesize information, hence why I don’t include it in the update. The only way I can do this is to download each piece of content myself, and I don’t have the time to do this I’m afraid.

cool, you’ve got the conference up, couldn’t find anywhere to watch it online and with the buffering and crashes i couldnt’ watch it in home.
thanks for that.
looking forward to trying the wet demo too.
great update this week, just a shame there’s still no bomberman.

Hi! Is the european Home going to be updated to version 1.3 like the nort american version??

Thanks

eatstatic 20 August, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   95

Oh, I’ll definitely give DiRT 2 a try – I rarely pass up the opportunity to try out a demo on PSN. It’s just personal taste that I’ve always favoured the tarmac track racing style (like Grid) over the rally kind.

As an aside, one thing that is really disappointing is the new BBC iPlayer icon in FW 3.0. It seems it’s just a shortcut link to the BBC iPlayer website, which is such a shame, as the playback isn’t anywhere near as good as it is on a PC, and I’d been hoping that it would be an app like VidZone, with the vids formatted to run perfectly on the PS3 :(

I finally get my internet back last night after moving house and I’m welcomed to this bounty of treats! :)

Downloaded Fat Princess and Batman yesterday as well.

Great stuff!
Keep up the good work guys.

onlineatron 20 August, 2009 @ 12:18 pm   97

HOLD ON….

Wasn’t Smash Cars coming today?!

onlineatron 20 August, 2009 @ 12:20 pm   98

@92

Apparently BBC iPlayer has now been specially formatted for the PS3… so we could see better playback.

one quick question about the avatar game day trailer, it says released on the 21, does that mean ps3 owners are getting a sneaky early peak or will it be put up tomorrow?

Jack-Bauer-89 20 August, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   100

Sweet, ill be getting the 4 demo`s plus the Street Fighter Pinball table :)

Raider197 20 August, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   101

Great update, things are looking up for SCEE :-) I’ll get all the demos, looking forward to WET. Any news on whether the Video Store will launch in the Republic of Ireland this year Mike?

Helvedeshunden 20 August, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   102

I’m glad to see plenty of PSP games added, but often the games added are lesser known/less good ones (checking the rankings only one of the ones added today had respectable scores on gamerankings). It would help a lot if Sony added rating systems like Microsoft did in their latest update to Live.

This goes even more for all the games on PSN that have no demos. Peer reviewing would be most helpful.

one more thing, make it two with a request for an edit function for the blog comments, are the store cards coming to the uk?
it’s not just euro using countries is it?

Carnivius_Prime 20 August, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   104

Not much for me again this week. The SFII pinball table interests me but I tried the demo of Zen Pinball a while ago and it’s a real strain on my eyes on my SDTV. Have to wait til I get a HDTV I guess.

I’ve pre-ordered Batman – Arkham Asylum because I want to have a proper go on it but to be honest I really, really didn’t like the demo you had up on the store in the past couple weeks. It just felt clumsy, dull and basic with a frustratingly sluggish combat engine but I thought I’d give it a try since I thought the inFamous demo was awful but the full game was absolutely brilliant. Anyways if I don’t like it, I can just play for trophies and then put it on ebay I guess.

Wish Bomberman Ultra was up there. Need more multiplayer games that can be played offline or online. Not one or the other, both please.

onlineatron 20 August, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   105

@91

Considering the update was announced during a European press conference, that this video (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa7h0z_firmware-300-ps3-httppsworldfr_videogames) features a distinctly British sounding person and the BBC iPlayer short cut… I would say, HELLZ YEAH!

StalkingSilence 20 August, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   106

Wow – I hope we get even half of the content you guys got in EU this week! Don’t forget there’s also a SingStar SingStore update! Why are those left out of both EU and US blog’s PSN update?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

Because SingStar is it’s own entity and has it’s own store, so I’m not involved in this. Nina from the SingStar team does her own separate updates on SingStar content.

MJHAYLETT 20 August, 2009 @ 12:29 pm   107

Alright 4 Demo’s that I actually want to play, sweet. Roll on MGS getting a EU Store release (yes I know – blame Konami yada yada) and all will be well in my house.

Great to get the news before the Store actually updates – thank you <3 I was really hoping for some GT5 or God of War III gameplay videos/ trailers :(

eatstatic 20 August, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   109

@95 It’s been formatted for the PS3 and large screens for a long time now. Basically, we PS3 users just get redirected and use the BBCs large screen interface.

There is a new video of FW 3.0 on N4G and the narrator specifically says it is a shortcut to the website, so the service will still be the same, unfortunately.

I was hoping we’d get access to the HD programmes they’ve now got on there, and definitely better playback quality.

I don’t know about yours, but mine plays fine for a while, and then stutters quickly, then plays fine, and so on.

parker-94 20 August, 2009 @ 12:32 pm   110

Brilliant update today, when can we expect it? Usual time? Around 5ish BST?

LockIeys 20 August, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   111

Brilliant update.
I’m really looking forward to Heavy Rain!

Darkscorpius 20 August, 2009 @ 12:36 pm   112

Sweet update, cheers Mike. I’ll be downloading the Dirt 2 and Wet demos for sure, as well as the SF pinball table. That might be enough to drag me away from Demon’s Souls for a bit, but I doubt it lol.

Deviil-Boy 20 August, 2009 @ 12:39 pm   113

Can you give th size ?

xannetic 20 August, 2009 @ 12:41 pm   114

gd list of updates there , especially the demo session, when exactly the update will be live?

Raider197 20 August, 2009 @ 12:43 pm   115

oh yeah, just remembered, I tried looking for Final Fantasy 7 on the Store yesterday and can’t find it. I searched in the Search by Title bit and got no results either. Has it been taken down?

elliotclem1 20 August, 2009 @ 12:44 pm   116

Wow such a great update thanks so much SCEE.

I was really waiting for this update as IL2 was confirmed but with three others confirmed to; Dirt 2,mini ninjas and wet – i think it will keep me busy until next week :)

Thanks. And i must conpliment you on how well you answer users questions and comments

OMG [DELETED] WHERE’S MGS, RESIDENT EVIL, BOMBERMAN????

Nah I joke, solid update. Like my PS3′s hard drive isn’t sweating enough as it is :/

mr_registered 20 August, 2009 @ 12:50 pm   118

Nice little update for sure!!

budmuhnquai 20 August, 2009 @ 12:50 pm   119

Excellent update, a real return to form!

Looks like I’ll be giving all four of the demos a bash when I crawl in from work tonight. Some nice new videos to grab as well.

Welcome back, PSN updates – you’ve been sorely missed… ;)

Mikkee you make a mistake :)

You put “PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go” As one of the new themes!

I got confused for a second, i thought we had 4 new ps3 games listed near the bottom.

can’t wait for the dirt 2 demo. :)

do you guys have an explanation for the Gran Turismo 5 specs sheet released on the official japanese website yesterday, then removed few hours later… :(

hana_fubuki 20 August, 2009 @ 12:52 pm   122

Since good updates put me in a thankful mood, I just thought I’d point out one of the great-but-little-talked-about improvements of the PSN: it has become much stronger bandwidth-wise.

I remember that in the early days, eagerly awaited demos often took ages to download, and the servers were certainly capricious on occasion (ah, the good ole download queues that took all night…).
For those of us who have had a PS3 since launch, the improvement has been very noticeable and remarkable. These days, everything downloads at my connection’s peak speed.

Man, I can’t wait to tell my grandkids of the days where we actually had to *wait* for content to download, instead of having it streamed directly into our brains.

sully1311 20 August, 2009 @ 12:54 pm   123

Is Cool Boarders 2 coming to the Store? It was on their briefly ages ago, and was taken off?

Heartsbane 20 August, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   124

Industry event weeks always have great Store updates, and this is no exception. FIVE demos! My poor bandwidth! :D

Any update on Trine by the way, Mike? In the next week or two maybe? :3

Pablo2008jedi 20 August, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   125

Looking forward to Dirt 2and dissidia demos

wbrinkman 20 August, 2009 @ 12:56 pm   126

Last week there was a post on the blog by someone at SCEE telling us not to be shy and use the contact form on the blog here if we’d have any questions. I send in a question using that form, its been over a week now I think and no reply. :/

Nice update :) Was suprised to see so many demos.

I know you already answered this but, oh god I hope the Disgaea 3 trophy patch comes out with the DLC next week.

Any news on a Valkyria Chronicles trophy patch? Or should I just give up hope by now? lol

vicheous 20 August, 2009 @ 12:59 pm   128

Dam this looks good! IL-2(Big flightsim fan here) and Dirt 2(and racedriver!) will hopefully keep me busy over the weekend! Pre-ordered both games a month ago…

Hey, Mike.

Is there any confirmation of Peggle coming to Playstation Store in Europe? I love that game, and would love it even more if I could play it on my Playstation 3.

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 1:03 pm   130

How come the PS Store takes all day to update? just turned my 360 on, and they just uploaded the Dirt 2 demo. Do you guys just upload everything as a bundle, while 360 adds bits and pieces?

CallMeWhatEver 20 August, 2009 @ 1:04 pm   131

Wow that’s a BLAST! Sony or better SCEE really strikes back at gamescom in cologne – great job! Great news, great Infos and an even greater Store Update ;-)

Shizuyori 20 August, 2009 @ 1:04 pm   132

awesome update, thankyou sir

Shizuyori 20 August, 2009 @ 1:05 pm   133

i meant team

RevolutionBlues 20 August, 2009 @ 1:05 pm   134

Demos DiRt 2, Mini Ninjas and IL2?

Woohoo. One of the best demo weeks ever – thanks guys.

Onna76_NL 20 August, 2009 @ 1:11 pm   135

Me like update very much :D

WOOOT??! Riviera??! I don’t have that game yet :D

Unfortunate still no classics :’( Hope that will be pulled straight as soon as the PSP Go releases, but I know 90% ain’t your fault but that of our European publishers ;)

Hey Mike
I can log onto PSN at all today… Is this normal and because of the store update or what? There are a lot of others that have the same problem too…

I just get the Connection failed code: 80710092
When running the status of the network it fails at PSN, Internet connection succeeds…

Help pls!

Arion87 20 August, 2009 @ 1:12 pm   137

Hey Mike! I asked you last week (comment 61 of the 13th August update) about getting Guitar Hero DLC content on the South African PS Store and you said “I’ll ask the Account Manager for Activision to look into this and see what can be done about it for you.”

PLEASE tell me you’ve heard something about the situation. Thanks!

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

Nothing as yet Arion – I know you’re eager to get it, but I can’t say either way at the moment, sorry :(

Amherst_Wind_4 20 August, 2009 @ 1:17 pm   138

Anyone who enjoys RPGs should really buy Wild ARMs XF and Riviera, Riviera is very unique and Wild ARMs is a great SRPG, both games are at nice prices too. I already have both UMDs but if I didn’t I’d buy them immediately.

Any news when TRINE is coming?

Let me refrase that last message I wrote, nr. 132, it was suppose to say I can’t log onto PSN today at all! :)

Good times :D

john7doe_ 20 August, 2009 @ 1:38 pm   142

Great Update to Sir Kebby!!! (People will be surprised how amazing Il-2 is)

How come (for my money the best trailer of Gamescom) the Uncharted 2 trailer isn’t up? I’d love to download that.

Stuart5756 20 August, 2009 @ 1:42 pm   143

Mike Kebby is great, he’s got time for the fans which is awesome.

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 1:56 pm

Shucks, thanks. People put a lot of time and effort into loving the PS3 :) so it’s only fair I try to do the same for those of you who comment here.

Shuya86 20 August, 2009 @ 1:45 pm   144

Fantastic update thank you, any news on a Bomberman release date?

wheres the fight night dlc? was meant to be out weeks ago

timestoby 20 August, 2009 @ 1:48 pm   146

yay,some ps3 demos lol.YEh,you havnt made mistake with four demos haha.

Winkle__ 20 August, 2009 @ 1:49 pm   147

Mike when will the EU site be putting up info about the 3.0 firmware update? Also will they be updating the DIVX to play HD (MkV) files in this update?

many thanks

Winkle

Microshock 20 August, 2009 @ 1:50 pm   148

Mr. Mike Kebby
This isn’t really related but it seems everyones at a disconnect about the firmware 3.0 date. Press releases say September 1st to coincide with the Slim release, but Gamestop is selling it August 24th.

Then people like Eric Lempel and John Koller both say soon/imminently.

So if you know anything past the press releases, please share?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

It’s not for me to be making any announcements on this, stay tuned though to the blogs for more info soon I’m sure.

Rollosis 20 August, 2009 @ 1:53 pm   149

So how about the NHL 10 demo….when is it coming?

Vil_tzu 20 August, 2009 @ 1:55 pm   150

Why the demo of NHL10 isn’t gonna come today to Playstation Store. I am really disappointed that it’s not gonna come to PS Store before next thursday!

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 1:56 pm

For those who have asked, the demo is coming very soon…I think four PS3 demos this week can tide you over ;)

Rollosis 20 August, 2009 @ 1:59 pm   151

can you say is it coming next thursday or much earlier?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 2:02 pm

Well it’s not out today, and there won’t be another update until next Thursday… ;)

sully1311 20 August, 2009 @ 1:59 pm   152

Is Cool Boarders 2 coming to the PlayStation Store? It was on their briefly ages ago, and was taken off?

scs1965 20 August, 2009 @ 2:00 pm   153

Mike, the US got Tomb Raider last week, will that be coming out over here? I really want it for my PSP. :(

sully1311 20 August, 2009 @ 2:02 pm   154

^ Agreed, Tomb Raider is published by Eidos, a British company, says how does the US get it first? Surely EU customers should?

Good update, looking forward to the Disgaea 3 DLC next week :)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   156

For those of you who have asked, I’ve downloaded three of the demos and the filesizes are:

Colin McRae DiRT 2 – 916MB
Mini Ninjas – 1069MB
WET – 766MB

Now, back to work ;)

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 2:09 pm   157

does that mean there up? >>

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

Not yet they’re not. I can access the content however – oooh, right now I’m rolling around in all the unreleased content. Ahem, or not ;)

Any Change of the Gran Turismo 5 Demo-build that appeared at GamesCom, will appear in a PSN-store near us, anytime soon..? It looks great and it looks to be a demo suited for the PSN Store.

And btw. is PSN down for maintenance today..? alot of people in Denmark cannot connect to PSN today..? Vidzone update maybe..?

halljames 20 August, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   159

Mike, as I am getting in the downloadable content “spirit” for my PSP in preparation for getting a PSPGo, do you know if there are any plans to release RockBand Unplugged on the store. I have the UMD, but its one of those games that I would like to play at any time, no matter what Disc I have in my PSP. If it was on the store, I would happily buy a digital copy as well.

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 2:12 pm   160

NHL10 demo is on 360. Whats going on guys!

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 2:12 pm   161

Lucky you then :P

crashratchet 20 August, 2009 @ 2:14 pm   162

hi mike, please reply…can you upload on the ps store crash bandicoot 2 and crash bash?i am a biggest fan of psOne’s crash bandicoots

Vil_tzu 20 August, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   163

Ya, I think so too, Cringles88. PS3 is going to lose users if they do things like that! It’s making me angry, that so sad, EA

NUFCRULE 20 August, 2009 @ 2:16 pm   164

Where are the other new PAIN characters? , there’s ment to be George Takei and also a granny , mime & monkey

Andy Dick will probz be good but where are the others , are you allowed to tell me if George Takei will be out next week ???

bravo9zero 20 August, 2009 @ 2:16 pm   165

Very good update,
More demo’s Is always a good thing,

And please Mike, ask the EU PS store team too add a “Demo” section on the store, We really need one (Can’t be THAT hard to add one..)

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 2:18 pm   166

Also want to know why the team only updates the store one day a week, while 360 releases things almost every day. I’m not bashing PS3, I own one, I’m just generally interested in why you guys work this way.

Vil_tzu 20 August, 2009 @ 2:24 pm   167

Why Sony even don’t uldate PS Store like 3 times a week or something, 1 time a week is nothing to compare Microsofts, when they update it every day.

Hey guys,

When can we start enjoying the demos? I had a look on PS Store 1 hour ago and nothing was up yet.

Cheers.

Raider197 20 August, 2009 @ 2:28 pm   169

As previously mentioned, if you guys get the original Tomb Raider (1) / Tomb Raiders (1-5) on the EU Store I will love you forever! Don’t make me plead, because I will!

Kicorro 20 August, 2009 @ 2:28 pm   170

AMSOME DEMOS, cnt w8!

X_Weapon 20 August, 2009 @ 2:29 pm   171

Awesome update…thanks to GamesCom :D

Finally the PSN Cards will be available in Europe too and I can download from the PSN (Fat Princess and Flower YES!).

I’ve one question: With the firmware 3.0 the PS Store will have a new graphic update or any other kind of new feature?

boffin92 20 August, 2009 @ 2:30 pm   172

Very nice update. :)

@154 hanmik

Flot forsøg, men han svarer heller ik på mit spørgsmål!? Dog havde jeg glemt VidZone, må være det der er galt! Dog er min lillebror på på hans?

taurus82 20 August, 2009 @ 2:33 pm   174

……about that music demoscene interactive thingy (,detuned I believe it’s called), supposedly it’s released next month (but when?).

@168 Coheno,..

man kan da ikke klandre mig for at forsøge.. lidt smiger hjælper åbenbart ikke her..

….any idea if Valkyria Chronicles will ever get trophy support?

Elfenheimerer 20 August, 2009 @ 2:58 pm   177

I third the suggestion to get the original Tomb Raiders on PSN!
TR1 OR 2 (or 3,4,5) would do me just fine… as long as MGS was already up that is. :)

Thanks for a great update this week Mike, il be getting the WET and Dirt 2 demo’s probably, as well as Dissidia (y)

Azerach 20 August, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   178

Very good update, i think i will be downloading pretty much all of the demos and videos… going to be a long night of gaming :P

AceSoloMcCloud 20 August, 2009 @ 3:04 pm   179

Is Transformers update still scheduled for the 27th?

Also, will we see the Ghostbusters: The Video Game Patch released at the same time as the store update today? Or is there no relation between store updates and game patches being released? I’m told the patch has been released for the “other” console today.

CinderShadow 20 August, 2009 @ 3:12 pm   180

Mike, why is the PAIN Sore Spots pack not available, atm, and do you know when it will be on the Store to download again?

Icarus_Immortal 20 August, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   181

Hey, Mike, could you be a darling and try to find out when PSN is getting the Lost Planet 2 demo, which is out on XBL?

Great update and thanks for the hard work.

Skookie30 20 August, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   182

@ 103 yes UK getting em go to: playstation.uk homepage > > go to news > > look fro F&Q about em. & mike what other rpg‘s you got plan for us in store i definitely try WET a 18+ it sound Bloody (WET blood) get it lol :D

Bahamut44-4 20 August, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   183

Disappointed that Bomberman is still a no show, any news on that Mike?

Otherwise great update keep up the good work, glad I FINALLY will be able to watch the unveiling of the Slim. ;)

bambadidi 20 August, 2009 @ 3:36 pm   184

Where is Smash Cars???

still no fallout 3 DLC…i hope its available before i go in the army, however not too bad over-all

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

The first pack should be coming at some point in September, there has been nothing concrete confirmed by bethesda at the moment – but the packs are coming.

Diablo_Rosso 20 August, 2009 @ 3:43 pm   186

Not a bad update, i’ll be trying the demos. The lack of PS1 games though is slightly disappointing.

soopastarr007 20 August, 2009 @ 3:45 pm   187

Any word on OPM HD coming to the EU store? This european version of Qore was announced as coming soon at the beginning of the year,but still no news regarding this. Has it been cancelled?

EnGhedi 20 August, 2009 @ 3:49 pm   188

No Metal Gear Solid PSX! :(

The new pre-paid cards will allow me in Portugal to buy stuff on the PS Store UK, for example?

SammanC5 20 August, 2009 @ 3:50 pm   189

What bout PSone games. and more importantly SPYRO ;(

Skookie30 20 August, 2009 @ 3:57 pm   190

@ 188 dont think so you need a uk psn card for our store & usa psn card for the american store, the good thing about the cards they make goood gift cards so plz give me a gift card. :)

lulufeena 20 August, 2009 @ 3:58 pm   191

any chance for alundra.

Gerard_Rocks 20 August, 2009 @ 4:01 pm   192

Some help please.

Why have we (PSN) users been completely ignored by EA in regards to Fight Night Round 4? Xbox get there update and we’re not getting ours because there was faults with it. That’s all the info we got. Not when we’ll be getting it, if we’re getting it at all or if it will be included in the new update coming out. Could you get some info on this please?

P.S. I Hate EA

RootGinger 20 August, 2009 @ 4:12 pm   193

Erm it’s whet your appetite not wet. Why would you want to make your appetite damp?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 4:17 pm

Been pointed out already, and as commented by myself it was a play on words.

Merium Webster is an American dictionary. It doesn’t count :-D ;-)

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 4:21 pm   195

Been playing the Dirt demo on the 360. It’s pretty cool guys. Cant wait to play with the PS3 controller! its a online demo to.

Has the store been updated yet?

hedges1001 20 August, 2009 @ 4:26 pm   197

mr/sir kebby i gratefully thank you for releasing wild arms XF that game is impossible to find on UMD literally. Oh and do you know anything about jeanne d’arc its a psp SRPG but never got an eu release

RaGe_pt 20 August, 2009 @ 4:29 pm   198

Nice update :). I wanna try that Dirt 2 demo and the Dissidia one too. Nice job SCEE :).

Pinto55 20 August, 2009 @ 4:31 pm   199

Can’t wait for the update!! :D

TriGiamp 20 August, 2009 @ 4:33 pm   200

That’s an update!

ravd844mc3 20 August, 2009 @ 4:33 pm   201

lbp water dlc?

hedges1001 20 August, 2009 @ 4:36 pm   202

7 days till my birthday when i get the monster hunter 3000 bundle with an 8 gig stick suffice to say RPG day (today) shall be honoued

GekooktEi 20 August, 2009 @ 4:36 pm   203

It’s really too bad that it takes so long :(

But sounds like a good update, demo-wise :D

You post when all the Stores are updated, just like the other weeks, right? Cuz else I’d check the Blog ánd the Store the whole evening ;)

GhostViper 20 August, 2009 @ 4:41 pm   204

This is a great update. Can’t wait to drive in the dirt. I have to be honest, I haven’t heard about the other games that are getting demo.

maxapbl4 20 August, 2009 @ 4:43 pm   205

Sony, put Zombie Apocalypse on the PSN Store already and I’ll be more than happy (till the release of Dead Nation) :)

Mike, can you give any heads up about PSOne classics Wild Arms 1 & 2 and Suikoden for us europeans? Please?

*Sigh*.. My original Suikoden disk is broken and it is almost impossible to find new (used) one.

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   207

Any chance of a future update for background downloads like the 360? Takes ages to download from PSN, would be better to download in the background, and switch by itself once done.

oh noes, where is the NHL10 demo and trine? :(

GekooktEi 20 August, 2009 @ 4:53 pm   209

@ 205

Both games look very much the same indeed. Exept that Dead Nation has more hordes (far as I’ve seen in gameplay) and smaller characters which makes it a bit clearer where to run and where to shoot.

And they both steal things from Left 4 Dead, which is really ashame. DN (or was it ZA?) even has a Boomer!! (A fat zombie that, when it dies, explodes in a mist of puke :P)

But was Dead Nation on planning for PSP too, or am I a bit confused? :3 Cuz then I’d get it for PSP, cuz my brother has a PSP too and we’d be able to play with 2 players as well :)

Shin-Ra 20 August, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   210

Only trailer that’s obviously (to me) missing is Uncharted 2′s.

GekooktEi 20 August, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   211

@ 207

What the hell are you talking about? Background downloading is possible for a long time on PSN… It’d be nice though if it would install itself automatically, it’d install veeery slow but you’d be able to play some game while installing, and that’s nice.

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   212

@ 211. I mean, that, the 360 has a option, where there console will pretty much shut down, running on low power, but still keeps its connection, and keeps downloading, then the console shuts off by itself. I just realized in the PS3′s power options, it pretty much has the same function…my bad.

Hey Mike,

is WET coming to the german store? You know 18+ content ;)

Is it true fat princess is coming out with a DLC? I would ask the Mike the American guy but he has been busy with his new kid

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 5:21 pm   215

Content is live now people just search for the demos and they should appear

Gotoxy-90 20 August, 2009 @ 5:24 pm   216

Dirt 2 demo isn’t showing up on the ‘Latest’ section on the Swedish store.

The other 3 demos are showing up though, just not Dirt 2.

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 5:30 pm

I’m afraid it wasn’t submitted to all countries it appears, sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 5:25 pm   217

@197.. you’re so right about the dictionary. ;)

@211.. the background download will automatically install if you set the PS3 to shutdown when download is complete. start the download, then shutdown system from the xmb – it will give you the option to shutdown when download is complete. when you switch on PS3 again, it should be installed. at least it seems to work for me. :)

i usually download stuff during the night when i am asleep and set it to turn off when finished. looks like i’ll have to do that for the mini-ninjas demo, as it’s not too mini in size at over 1Gb.

at least there’s no expenditure for me this week.. i bought bf1943, kz map pack 3 and shatter in the last 2-3 weeks.

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 5:29 pm   218

STORE IS INDEED NOW LIVE PEOPLE :P

Have a good evening ;)

im sure i read the gamescon conference would be on store in parts. cant seem to find it

QuietlyWrong 20 August, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   220

I’ll be getting Wild Arms XF pretty soon… Kudos to Sony for getting the price into the right sort of bracket. Now I have every Wild Arms made for playstation consoles, except for Wild Arms 2. Which was never released in Europe. So I’ll add my voice to all those demanding it on the store…

Which poses the question: Mike, I don’t expect you to say anything or even speculate about potential future releases like this (even first-party properties) but I’d love it if you could confirm that there is no Sony policy to prevent US releases from appearing on our store. There are some great games never released over here and if Nintendo can make it possible (Hanabi Festival) why not Sony? … Wild Arms 2 (PSOne), Jeanne d’Arc (PSP), etc etc…

Razgriz375 20 August, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   221

I can’t download Dissadia without a PS3 :(

Hmm… no press conference?

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 5:33 pm   223

i beat you to it mike lol :P

BiosNova 20 August, 2009 @ 5:33 pm   224

Hey Mike where is the press conference?

jellis1992 20 August, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   225

Wheres the press confernece?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 5:38 pm   226

UPDATE – You’re all going to hate me, and I don’t blame you, but the press conference trailers won’t be going live today :( I’m not going to go into detail as to why, but I’m hoping we can put them up sooner rather than later.

I’m REALLY REALLY REALLY sorry, but I know that’s not good enough :(

/dons flameproof suit and prepares for abuse

Aw can i have a cookie instead?

almighty-slayer 20 August, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   228

Oh :(

Well the Home version is rubbish. Guess we’ll jjust have to wait and play the demos instead

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   229

the store is still updating just wait or reset the ps3 and log back in

xWoldemor 20 August, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   230

Why is it not possible to download the dissidia demo directly via PSP?

SIR-DARK-HAZE 20 August, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   231

where is the conference guys. please put it on there.

Scarved 20 August, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   232

Was just going to ask where the press conference were.. But I just saw your post… Such a shame since I was looking forward to it a lot. Hope we don’t have to wait till next week?

Azerach 20 August, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   233

so no Dirt 2 demo and no press conference videos? …. game night cancelled, everything is RUINED!! :’( .. j/k, hope theyre up soon

almighty-slayer 20 August, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   234

Don’t worry Mike, we still <3 you

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   235

damn thats not good mike

Raider197 20 August, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   236

oh well, I watched the press conference in Home anyway, so that doesn’t bother me. Just go to the Presentation Podium people :-) It’s been a long time since I’ve downloaded 9 items from the store at once. The last time was during E3 ’07 I believe. Great update guys!

Dirt2 is on there.

Guillemots 20 August, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   238

folks, free your Hard Disc.. the 4 demo’s takes over 4GB in your HDD! :D
Miss only the Press Conference, what happened?
Anyway, i repeat, awesome update!

Pinto55 20 August, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   239

Why is the Dirt 2 demo not in the Portuguese store?

Guillemots 20 August, 2009 @ 5:44 pm   240

don’t worry Mike, you have no fault ;)
@230 you’re right, why?

Now if i could just download them faster than a giraffe with one leg underwater it would be great ;-)

Diablo_Rosso 20 August, 2009 @ 5:44 pm   242

Damn Mike, I was hoping to watch the conference. Oh well, i’ll just play the demos.

Anth1888 20 August, 2009 @ 5:45 pm   243

When do you think you’ll get the conference on mike?

I reckon next week is a safe bet.

vicheous 20 August, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   245

To you with Scandinavian PSN access..(And maybe no DIRT 2 demo)

Make another user account on your PS3 with a UK adress, then you can use the UK PSN Store(Like i do)… I also have US, HK & JP Very handy!! There are lot’s of tutorials over the net of how to do this, just search google or something….

Just a tip.

imajinetion 20 August, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   246

DiRT 2 is not on swedish Store. What’s going on?

D_Killa_Kat_96_ 20 August, 2009 @ 5:47 pm   247

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! No press conference!!!!!!!!!

Next week Mike?

In our store haxing our downloads!

MisterZlu 20 August, 2009 @ 5:48 pm   249

Just to let you know that the WET demo seems not to be available in Belgium… Great update today but what a mess!

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 5:48 pm   250

@ 217

Thank you so much, I’ve had this console for 6 months, and i never new i could do that haha. Cheers!

GekooktEi 20 August, 2009 @ 5:49 pm   251

Ah well, too bad about the trailers, I already watched them on Gametrailers.com so it’s no big deal ;)

But I want to see the Heavy Rain vid for another million times!

Nostromo74 20 August, 2009 @ 5:50 pm   252

Very nice update! Pity there is no access in Malta for Playstation Store – so I cannot download any demos!

Thank you SCEE.

/sarcasm

Mammoet_007 20 August, 2009 @ 5:51 pm   253

@ 249
Same here in Holland.

vicheous 20 August, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   254

@252 – Nostromo74

Make a UK PSN account just google how to do it! Then you can download from there, or if you prefer any other country you can do that instead!!

This is messed up… oh well :(

Nostromo74 20 August, 2009 @ 6:00 pm   256

@vicheous

That still wont let me buy stuff as credit card wont work.

For the same reason PSPGo wont be released here!!!

I am very disappointed.

Ezzonz1 20 August, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   257

cmon mike! is it permanent that Dirt 2 is not coming to sweden? and also some other countries aswell… FIX THIS

Lynfiord 20 August, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   258

Cheers, really great upgrade this week!

Mike hold on till next week for my biggest cheer you are waiting for since a while :P

vicheous 20 August, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   259

I know you cannot buy! NOW that is! When the PSN cards come out you can buy British cards and re-fill that way!

MatteoPL 20 August, 2009 @ 6:07 pm   260

Dirt 2 Demo is not available in Poland… why?! :(
Also, We’re waiting for SONY Press Conference Video and NHL 10 Demo!
Mike, can We expected another update later this week?

I still do not understand why every country (in Europe) got different PSS stuff. We all live in Europe! Damn it.

Philip99 20 August, 2009 @ 6:18 pm   261

Slow hand clap Sony for multiple fails and Euro-sceptiveness. And where’s my Last Guardian trailer?

I can’t see the ‘Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 1/2/3/4′ anywhere on PSN today? Got everything else tho.

Hi Mike, could you please tell me how is it possible that we don´t have Dirt 2 demo in our store (Czech store)?? Is it connected with Codemasters?? Fuel demo isn´t available either for us. Same thing(different publisher) I wrote about Red Faction:Guerilla DLC.. Don´t they want our money?? I´m getting impression they don´t. PLEASE ANSWER ME

whoismilan 20 August, 2009 @ 6:28 pm   264

It’s just as well that Dirt 2 (and at least for me – Colin McRae 2005 also) are not available in Northern Europe, there is no one here who likes rally anyway.

…oh wait.

;)

Vyzendir 20 August, 2009 @ 6:28 pm   265

Fantastic to see Riviera get added to the store. I’ve already played it on another handheld, but if I end up getting a PSP-Go it’s definitely something to buy, more than worth the £13.99 price tag!

Hey Mike

Question buddy.

Wheres the SONY conference on the store update today?

This is the worse store update EVER because its not up waahhhh wahhh waaaahhhhhhhh

LOL. nah im kidding this weeks store update is hella sick. as u can see im a massive demo fan. but seriously tho where are the conference matey

Thanx

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 6:34 pm   267

Sony Conference wont be up today, at the last minute Mike said it wont be up, maybe this week though!I think his comment about it is on page 4-5.

looksharp 20 August, 2009 @ 6:37 pm   268

cant find the dirt 2 demo we have been waiting for on the europeanstore

MatteoPL 20 August, 2009 @ 6:37 pm   269

Carl-G >>> Look at #226…

Andrew House (President and CEO of SCEE) at Sony Press Conference said: “PS3 global has reached 23.7m, SCEE is at 10m”. ~10 MILLION users in Europe! And what? We’ve got what we’ve got :(((

Paul2007 20 August, 2009 @ 6:39 pm   270

Thanks Mike, thats a pretty cool update. Four demos is a nice surprise. Must get those conference as I love when Kaz unveils the PlayStation 3 – The audience reaction to him saying “It’s shape and form I want to talk to you about” was great.

onlineatron 20 August, 2009 @ 6:51 pm   271

Two things

1) I live in the UK so all is fine and Dandy for me but why the hell are so many Europeans getting stiffed?! No PSNs no demos… [DELETED] IS THIS , SORT IT OUT SCEE!!!!

2) Where are the press conferences?

looksharp 20 August, 2009 @ 7:06 pm   272

Can anybody please confirm eu demo release please please mike or anybody

ipodgeenie 20 August, 2009 @ 7:07 pm   273

Great update this week! Heard people talking about the press conference being up for download. Can someone tell me where to find it because I can’t see it on the store.

Thanks!

MatteoPL 20 August, 2009 @ 7:10 pm   274

ipodgeenie >>> Look at #226… :)

appie17 20 August, 2009 @ 7:21 pm   275

yay for update:D

Neo-Delta 20 August, 2009 @ 7:26 pm   276

Woo’, Nice update indeed..

TheIsotope 20 August, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   277

Final Fantasy Disdia demo won’t download for me….it says it has but its nowhere on my memory card…

Skookie30 20 August, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   278

poor sir keddy i didnt know i put so much pressure over the last weeks lol give the guy a break, here what i think happen the higher ups dont want you mike to put the conference up yet so take off your fireproof vest & hard-hat we wait till then, skookie has spoken. :)

Juoppolalli 20 August, 2009 @ 7:36 pm   279

Lotsa fun indeed, good update!

TheIsotope 20 August, 2009 @ 7:38 pm   280

@mike

Any reason why the demo is broken?

HiddenAway 20 August, 2009 @ 8:03 pm   281

The demo works fine for me. Had to download it via MediaGo though. The PSP direct store won’t let you download it at the moment. If you tried to download it from there, it simply won’t let you. If you have MediaGo installed on your PC, or a PS3, you can download the demo from there.

Pretty sure it was unintentional so Mike will probably be able to help tomorrow.

When can we find out the PS Store is updated with the promised content?

Anyone?

Cheers.

Croopnick_PL 20 August, 2009 @ 8:05 pm   283

GREAT…just great, I checked update for Poland…and theres only Wet and Mini ninjas from demos…[DELETED]?

Mike can you at least tell next time which countries get full update?

It’s really starting to annoy me.

Yandoo_PT 20 August, 2009 @ 8:15 pm   284

Mike, why Colin McRae DiRT 2 isn’t in portuguese store?
btw, great news guys, keep working and bet a little more in Portugal. We “Tugas” are loyal to Sony Playstation since PS1. :)

rossthebassist 20 August, 2009 @ 8:33 pm   285

hello mr kebby, hows things. great update point 1,
point 2 Firmware 3.0 i understand this is not your department. but im sure u have seen some bits and bobs and heard the whispers in the corridor. apart from what has already been disclosed on the videos on the U.S blog and playstation.co.uk is there some “unannounced” secret features.

i dont expect you to tell us the features. but…. is there anything in there that we should get a little excited about other than UI tweaks. you know what im hinting at. the big 2, xgame chat, PS2 backward. i dont just limit to those. anything no matter how insignificant. is there anything extra coming from what you have heard.

no direct answers kebby, lets be stealth about this.
one smilie for yes,
two smilies for no,
three smilies for i dunno,
four smilies for its possible
five similies for im not gonna tell you anything tubby

StefNighthawk 20 August, 2009 @ 8:43 pm   286

@249 & 254 : glad I’m not the only one not seeing the Wet demo. For being an update right after a games convention it feels bleh.
What’s up with publishers? They have the classics, they have the customers, so what’s up?

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 8:52 pm   287

if dirt2 is not on your country’s store, then codemasters more than likely did not submit it for publication/distribution there. :( maybe it’s not clear to publishers that when submitting content for the PSN which countries they need to include? :(

re: using psn cards when available on other country stores – i would be very sceptical if this will be allowed, i imagine that the codes will only be redeemable in the country they’re sold in, so if you want to use a psn card on the UK store, you will have to buy a UK psn card and link to a UK account, etc. this is NOT fact, i am merely speculating..

Onna76_NL 20 August, 2009 @ 8:55 pm   288

Ehm where’s the Wet demo? Its not in the NL store, or is it big countries first again this time?

HazelAM 20 August, 2009 @ 9:00 pm   289

it’s been two days and you still couldn’t get the conference on the store?
everybody else was streaming theirs live over the internet but here we are two days later and you still can’t get yours out?
staggering, that’s what it is.

HazelAM 20 August, 2009 @ 9:01 pm   290

but still, it wouldn’t be scee if they didn’t do something wrong.

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 9:07 pm   291

publishers have to pay a fee to publish content on the PSN store, on top of which sony charge them [in the US] an additional 16 cents per gigabyte in bandwidth costs. if your old classic is 1Gb in size, 100,000 downloads would add an extra $16,000 in fees.. maybe the charges are different/higher in europe and publishers feel the returns from the european market wouldn’t be worth it, or would have to charge a price that would put consumers off. it might also be why some free content doesn’t appear in certain stores. sony used to take the burden of the PSN being free to everyone, but are now asking publishers to bear part of the costs.

HazelAM 20 August, 2009 @ 9:07 pm   292

and why haven’t we got smash cars?
oh yeah, it’s the dev’s fault, it’s always the dev’s fault.

bambadidi 20 August, 2009 @ 9:08 pm   293

Hay Guys,

ich have a question: Where is Smash Cars? The US Blog postet ist. But was is with europa…comes ist to europa next week???

Sereal_Killer 20 August, 2009 @ 9:21 pm   294

gues no wet demo on PSN for NL.
oh well gues ill just download it from AUS store

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 9:23 pm   295

@onna76_nl:

i can confirm that the wet demo is on the uk store, no consolation for you though. it is published by betheseda, so you would have to ask them why it’s not on the NL store. the demo does not appear to be on NL’s xbox marketplace either though. the game hits UK stores in less than a month, maybe it’s planned for release a bit later there, and so the demo will appear closer to the actual game launch there?

makingdamage 20 August, 2009 @ 9:38 pm   296

What a hassle just to download the demo of Dirt 2. First make a new account in another country, than download the demo. But I got it, so up yours codemaster or the publisher of Dirt 2 who think I shouldn´t be able to play it.
This whole segregation of people is really really sad.

Wich Store is confirmed to have both WET and Dirt 2 demos?

FFObsessed 20 August, 2009 @ 9:48 pm   298

The Dissidia demo wont download from the PSP store. Just tells me to download it from PS3. That’s just a little bit silly.

makingdamage 20 August, 2009 @ 9:58 pm   299

@ Typhus:
I´ve just looked and the uk store has all the demos mentioned in the “Head´s up” text so it has both the WET and DIRT 2 demos.

Thanks a lot makingdamage!

Spedfrom 20 August, 2009 @ 10:10 pm   301

I was looking forward to give the demo for DIRT 2 a try, but it’s not on the portuguese store.

CHANGE your policy SCEE. Make it one EU store only or create a worlwide submission for content. Whatever method you choose, just freaking CHANGE! We are so fed up with mistreatments.

MOBdanmark 20 August, 2009 @ 10:14 pm   302

Hello
Great update, nice with the WET demo didn’t expect that to come so early.

I was wondering, have you any idea when Digger will be released on PSN?

From Kenneth

mcaibuq2 20 August, 2009 @ 10:14 pm   303

Where are the Sony Press Conferences? None on the UK Store? Will it only be for German PSN Accounts?

Noisepurge 20 August, 2009 @ 10:14 pm   304

where the hell is the dirt2 demo?

Can’t find content in the store. I wanted to get WET and DIRT2 demo’s.
And what is up with Home? The congerence was later than prommissed and the video quality was BAD!!!!

greekgoddj 20 August, 2009 @ 10:18 pm   306

Hi,

Am I the only one who cannot see the “Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 1″ to 4?

Thanks

Roxas598 20 August, 2009 @ 10:24 pm   307

Hey Mike if your still reading what gives about the dissidia demo? i mean having to download it from the ps3 why?

Stonesthrow 20 August, 2009 @ 10:33 pm   308

Same question i’ve been asking for the past 5 or 6 updates..: where in earth is mgs1… this is like THE greatest game ever and im just too lazy to plug in the old playstation (plus i wanna play it portable).. there’s isnt even being given a reason..i mean it already released ages ago in the japanese store and recently also for the american store, so i really dont see whats taking so long for the european store release :s i remember making a japanese account just for this game and then i still couldnt get it cause i couldnt put euro’s on my account (you’d figure they change the euro’s to yen for you automatically, but aparantly i had to buy japanese pre paid cards to add yens to my account, so that was out of the question too)..anyway MGS1 is what we need to see on there..

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 9:54 am

Same answer as previous weeks I’m afraid, still no specific information to report on the status of this game, it’s NOT being ignored though, but until we have a definite answer I can’t say anymore than that :(

X_Weapon 20 August, 2009 @ 10:37 pm   309

Why in the US Store there are tons of theme and wallpaper and we get only one theme for week?

There are problem for release theme and wallpaper too? :(

DANTE234 20 August, 2009 @ 10:48 pm   310

hazel, if you read mike’s answer, smash cars is coming next week, people are not satisfied are they, they want all the things in the world at the same time, it’s not going to happen is it, if something is not published on the store it won’t come out will it

legionari 20 August, 2009 @ 11:12 pm   311

Why are Gamescom Sony Press Conference videos not showing up?

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 11:14 pm   312

@stonesthrow:

you’ve probably the got the same answer for the last 5 updates. MGS1 is published by konami, not by sony!! konami did not submit it for the european store, so sony can’t put it on there. whineing to sony, where is it?, where is it?, where is it?, is not going to change anything. go the konami boards and ask there..

@spedfrom:

one EU store is just not practical. worldwide submission for content can’t work either, though i see no reason why they can’t make it easier in the SCEE region. just give publishers a form or something which says we have a PSN store in these regions, please tick which ones you which your content to be considered for.

twistedintoform 20 August, 2009 @ 11:15 pm   313

..wish your content to be considered for.

edit button needed!!

LoveDoctor 20 August, 2009 @ 11:52 pm   314

Hi Mike

Please look into FF VII in THE store.. IT can no longer be found.

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 9:52 am

It’s definitely on the store as far as I can see – PS3 GAMES – PSONE CLASSICS. It’s also listed in the PSP Store too. We’ll check all the store again though to be doubly sure :)

AceAssassin 21 August, 2009 @ 12:07 am   315

i really like the way the ps3 in america is $299 and in europe its 299euro. i like that, what kind of crazy Currency Converter do you guys use??? god and how all our prices are the same in dollars which means we pay more for our PSN store items especially during the economic crisis.
i think $299 into euros is somewhere around 210 euro the least you could do is make it 250 here in europe. i didnt think sony were like microsoft. your doin a really crappy job with money.
oh by the way i was being sarcastic

Cringles88 21 August, 2009 @ 1:21 am   316

WET is one awful game. I didn’t know people still used the PS2 engine for PS3 games…

twistedintoform 21 August, 2009 @ 1:23 am   317

@AceAssassin:

$299 is the US price with 0% tax
€299 is the Rep.of.Ireland with 21.5% tax

without the tax it is less than 250.

@lovedoctor:

strange. :( FFVII is still in the UK store. (Under PSP games, then PS1 classics).

twistedintoform 21 August, 2009 @ 1:26 am   318

@cringles:

i guess that’s what they mean by “unique retro film visual treatment”. it looks like PS2 so we’ll call it retro! :)

FluxZero 21 August, 2009 @ 3:42 am   319

Great update guys, especially love the Street Fighter Zen Pinball table. It has to be one of the best pieces of DLC around.

WOW, awesome update! demos are the life blood of the PSN. before i had heard nothing interesting about WET but now i am strongly considering a purchase!

still no Trine i see, and with it now going on sale on PC via steam I am tired of waiting to see if it might come to the PSN, i know it’s not your fault, but seriously it beyond a joke.

either way a great update, more like this wherever possible! and throw in some more PSN games!

p1ng001n 21 August, 2009 @ 6:29 am   321

good update, nice demos!!!

Any news about the Ratchet&Clank update for LittleBigPlanet?

StefNighthawk 21 August, 2009 @ 8:46 am   322

@309, as Mike answered me in the previous update post : MGS1 publisher still hasn’t decided to publish in SCEE territories.

Judging from Mike’s answer back then it seems most 3rd party publishers don’t know there is an SCEE.

But I still don’t understand that when there is customer demand and publishers are lacklustre, why is there no incentive from SCEE to get those publishers to finally consider releasing there content here.

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 10:18 am

It’s not neccesarily that publishers don’t want to release content, it’s likely because they can’t. This is especially true with PSOne Classics, there can be lots of differing legal issues that could be the problem such as lapsed publishing rights, or rights to use ‘talent’ like voice actors for example.

Ghidora84 21 August, 2009 @ 8:49 am   323

No Dirt2 in denmark… well gotta check my UK acc. then :P

GekooktEi 21 August, 2009 @ 9:20 am   324

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find WET demo yesterday… I’ll be taking al look in a few minutes again, but I really couldn’t find it and there’s nothing in the OP/article about it…

Samipuss 21 August, 2009 @ 9:25 am   325

any chance of the gamescom conference video to be put on the australian store? please

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 9:31 am

It’s not on any stores at the moment I’m afraid. The files need to be tinkered with, then we’ll stick them on the stores, not sure exactly when just yet though. Apologies again.

HazelAM 21 August, 2009 @ 9:46 am   326

@323 neither do sony it seems at times.

what exactly is wrong with the conference videos anyway, surely this is one situation where you can’t lay the blame on localisation.
great update but i still want to watch the conference, a live blog where somebody’s typing a short summary of what was said and interspersing it with what they think are funny comments just isn’t the same as watching it.

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 9:51 am

Let’s put this ‘localisation issue’ to bed – this is not an often used reason for delays, it’s just perceived to be by some people. There are countless reasons why content may not make a specific date in the EU such as: approval processes, various differing legal restrictions for the 25 countries we publish in, content having to go through QA on more than one occasion if problems are found in the first submission and so on, there are too many circumstances that could affect a piece of content’s release to list them all…

I fully appreciate the frustration with the conference videos not appearing on the store as expected, but the files were just too large to put onto the store, so they need to be re-encoded and then we’ll have them up. It’s annoying I know, and hands-up, yes we missed a trick here, but please have patience they will be up at some point.

muzzar69 21 August, 2009 @ 10:11 am   327

is there going to be a demo for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2?
im still iffy on that game a demo would seal the deal.

GekooktEi 21 August, 2009 @ 10:13 am   328

Mike, could you please answer my question (comment 325); doesn’t Holland have a Wet demo, because I really can’t find it :(

Where is the Dirt 2 demo ?? as far as i know it aint in sweden/norway/finland/denmark and poland cmon fix this mike

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 10:15 am

It wasn’t submitted for those countries I’m afraid, there’s nothing to ‘fix’, they’re just not released there :(

GekooktEi 21 August, 2009 @ 10:33 am   330

@ Mike, too bad, well at least Holland has the other 3 (4 with PSP demo), and they’re nice :)

I’ll just look at the US Store, perhaps they have it, and else I’ll download it from the UK Store…

geddesmond2 21 August, 2009 @ 10:48 am   331

Yeah reguarding the PS1 classics. I know a lot of the issues with the PS1 classics has to do with the european publishers of the games example Resident evil 1, 2, and 3. The america versions were published by Capcom so they have no legal issues like licensing but the European versions were published by Eidos and Virgin Interactive. The problems with this Eidos now belongs to Square enix and Virgin Interactive is no longer. So Capcom is having trouble bringing us these games.

I’ve a few things to say about this. 1/ Why hasn’t Sony made clear that this is the issue with these PS1 classics here in Europe. I found this out from Capcom after a not so nice post in there forums and this was recently. For about a year I was clueless on the PS1 situation and 2/ Can’t Sony do more to get these PS1 classics to the SCEE area. Theres always quicker ways to do something.

Oh and by the way MGS1 was published by Konami in america and in Europe so why havn’t the SCEE territory got it yet. It doesn’t suffer the faith of Capcom classics

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 10:51 am   332

Dissidia demo issue all resolved for those trying to download via the PSP Store. Thanks for the patience ;)

geddesmond2 21 August, 2009 @ 10:58 am   333

1 other thing. I don’t have a PSP and although theres some great games coming out for the PSP this and next year, those games have better versions on the PS3. The only reason I’d be interest in buying a PSP is if I can play all the good PS1 classics that got me into the Playstation brand on it. SCEE isn’t giving me this choice at all. I’m 24 years old. I can’t be playing games like James pond or disneys hercules and playing PS1 games on a 42 inch HD tv doesn’t really work

Jokes_On_You_24 21 August, 2009 @ 11:03 am   334

I was just curious if the WET demo had unforeseen problems(and couldn’t be added as a result), Or if it simply hasn’t been added to the store just yet.

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 11:10 am

If you’re asking about the US Store as far as I’m aware it’s not out over there yet.

Ki55myM4 21 August, 2009 @ 11:31 am   335

I waited all day yesterday that store will be updated, and finally when it was updated, there was only three demos not 4 as promissed, DIRT was missing, at least in my region.

GekooktEi 21 August, 2009 @ 11:46 am   336

@ Mike Kebby

No it isn’t, I just looked, but I’m now downloading it with my special-for-this-made UK account :)

Mike, I know you’re not in charge of the singstore update and I feel bad for bothering and asking you (since Nina seems to be unavailable at the moment). Do you have any idea when it might get updated today? Even though I’m guessing you might not know the answer to it (had to give it try at least) :(

Awww it’s okay, I gotta be patient it seems. It is a good update, so it’s gonna be worth it eventually. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my silly question (knew it! lol) :D

Roxas598 21 August, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   339

it seems there’s always a problem with PSP store content mike

to much crisps and juice for the store guys lol

In portuguse store the demo Colin McRae DiRT 2 does not exist.

Hello Mike, i want to ask a question that until now have not seen any concrete information.

I have a PS3 60GB, with the new firmware 3, I will also be without the other. Or will be available?
There will be more updates with PS2 games with the 3 firmware?

zpaceball 21 August, 2009 @ 1:12 pm   341

Nice week for the PSP, and pretty fair pricing on the full games. Though it does make you a bit picky.

Hopefully we’ll see newer games as well for around €20 instead of €40.

HazelAM 21 August, 2009 @ 1:25 pm   342

mike, i was only half joking about the localisation thing in my last comment, but you are wrong about one thing.
localisation is excuse/reason nearly always given by somebody at scee when they are the only people to delay something.
i won’t bring up the whole sfiihd mess again ;)

but thanks for explaining the reason for the lack of conference videos, it has been a great update this week apart from that one thing missing.
any idea when they will go up?

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 2:15 pm

Well it really shouldn’t be the reason given, localisation can be a factor, but is very rarely the main reason for delays ;)

No worries, those conference videos should hopefully be up on the store next week.

play3maniac 21 August, 2009 @ 1:42 pm   343

Ok… Where the F… (you know what i wanted to say), is Dirt 2 demo on portuguese PS Store?! Iv’e payed 400 euros to have the same content of entertainment, that everyone has in europe. Come to Portugal and you will see that we have bought a lot of ps1, ps2, psp and ps3, we r pretty loyal to u SONY.

TamKing 21 August, 2009 @ 1:42 pm   344

hi mike, is it possible for the latest psp firmware update to be added to the store as a psp download for people who dont have a wireless network or p.c?…….. you could even charge a small fee to cover bandwidth costs

Spedfrom 21 August, 2009 @ 2:10 pm   345

Mini Ninjas blew me away! What a great surprise! I absolutely adored the demo. :)

parker-94 21 August, 2009 @ 2:34 pm   346

When will the conference? Next weeks update? Or before then?
Thanks. :)

Bahamut44-4 21 August, 2009 @ 2:58 pm   347

Conference vids next weeks?

You see that dot in the distance? Yepp, that’s the boat SCEE, you missed it. ;):P

Hey Mike, do you get the download size info when you put up these posts? If you do could I ask you to include it along with the rest of the info.
For those of us on capped data plans :(

FallingStickman 21 August, 2009 @ 3:24 pm   349

What happened to WET and DIRT2 demos in Poland and Scandinavia? I know it wasn’t submitted, but why? SCEE seriously needs some unified standards.
It’s ridiculous that some stores don’t get stuff for no apparent reason.

Bahamut44-4 21 August, 2009 @ 3:41 pm   350

LMAO, Mike you made my evening so far. Comic genious. :D

You’ve redeemed all of SCEE, thank you. ;)

twistedintoform 21 August, 2009 @ 4:26 pm   351

[DELETED], can people not be bothered to read through the previous comments so keep asking the same questions over and over?. codemasters have not yet submitted the demo for release in some countrries. either this was an oversight on their part, or didn’t know, and it’ll be there in a future update or they didn’t want to do it. it isn’t coming to the US until next week, so maybe other places will get it then.

and why do people think europe is some kind of homogeneous zone that you have the right to have/get the same as everyone else!?!. every country has different legal rights, classification boards, censorship, publishing dates, licensing deals, and a myriad of other reasons why things are or are not available.

if you bought a blu-ray player, would it be the manufacturer’s fault that movie studios do not release their DVDs and blu-rays everywhere at the same time?.

HazelAM 21 August, 2009 @ 4:32 pm   352

next week? :(
i know sony likes this thursdays only update thing but is it really necessary to wait a week to put up the videos?
and does that mean the avatar video isn’t going up today either?
ok so you want the games to come out on a certain day of the week, but surely videos and/or demos could just be put up whenever they’re ready.

Mike Kebby 21 August, 2009 @ 4:42 pm

The Avatar video was released at 9.00am this morning, it’s there in the Latest section now.

twistedintoform 21 August, 2009 @ 4:53 pm   353

is the avatar video in 3D? ;)

lifford 21 August, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   354

Great update guys, wish I had enough time to play on my playstation again!!

mmatzat 21 August, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   355

“Disgaea DLC is coming next week”

GREAT! With that comming there will be a Trophie Patch sooner or later aswell. (in Japan they released the DLC once a Month, i think the last one had the Trophies… but they are HARDCORE!)

How come the Sony Press Conference isn’t up? :/

HCSander 22 August, 2009 @ 6:41 am   357

Well, where is DiRT 2?

And where are the Gamescom Sony Press Conference parts?

EmpireNO 22 August, 2009 @ 6:43 am   358

No DiRT2? This sucks!

EmpireNO 22 August, 2009 @ 6:53 am   359

@twistedintoform

That’s a load of bull, how come MS release their stuff across europe and also the US? DiRT2 demo is available for US and Europe on XBL as of 20th of august.

It’s SONY that’s creating these unnessecary splits between countries in Europe and EU and US.

DiRT 2 is avaiable in most EU Countries. It seems Codemasters didnt submitted it for scandinavia.

fjompa666 22 August, 2009 @ 1:44 pm   361

Why the hell doesn’t Scandinavia get the Dirt2 demo?

threadbare 22 August, 2009 @ 8:27 pm   362

it may have been asked already, but whats
happened to the pain sore spots game pack?

TASTYRYAN 23 August, 2009 @ 1:31 am   363

Nice the PSN store is packed. Nice update

I want the Gamescom Sony Press Conference videos and Metal Gear Solid game up.

thorgrimm 23 August, 2009 @ 11:44 am   365

Is the WEt demo… also for belgium?

kodoque 23 August, 2009 @ 7:11 pm   366

so when is the press conference going up?

gerry09evo 23 August, 2009 @ 8:57 pm   367

Hey Mike any news on The “Goodwill program” for the people who are upgrading to the PSP Go and have a stack of UMD’s? Will it be available in South Africa? Im really excited for the Go but this info will make or break the sale. Thanks for all those great demos especially Colin Mcrae Dirt 2.

Deviil-Boy 25 August, 2009 @ 12:51 pm   368

There is no Sony press conference in Swizterland PlayStation Store :(, Why ?

Bruthus69 28 August, 2009 @ 2:19 pm   369

weres dirt 2 demo? i only see this demo on my x360 not in PSnetwork!

Taki_chan 9 September, 2009 @ 3:23 pm   370

I downloaded Dissidia from PS Store but demo don’t want to play…need update for system 5.55. Where is 5.55?