Posted 24 August

Capturing InviZimals At gamescom

Another video interview from the PlayStation booth at gamescom, this time with Daniel Sanchez-Crespo, Chief Executive Officer at Novarama, the developer behind InviZimals on PSP.

I remember being really impressed by the varied capture mechanics and ingenious use of the PSP Camera at E3, and it’s great that there is story tying everything together.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

15 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Sounds cool

InviZimal = Eyepet on PSP?

James Gallagher 24 August, 2009 @ 1:44 pm

The similarity is Augmented Reality – so just as EyePet animates your pet into the real world, InviZimals does so with the creatures you capture.

The gameplay, however, is very different. You move around your room, holding the PSP aloft and looking for a signal (imagine the Ghostbusters’ PKE Meter). When you find a strong signal, throw down the trap (a card that comes with the game) and complete a minigame to capture the InviZimal.

Very cool.. My only question about how this game will work with the PSP Go?? Will there be two camera?

In my opinion, it would be cool if a camera was built in to the Go.. That would make the system complete.

Eye of Judgment for the PSP also interests me, but I’m just wondering about the camera?

Oke, thank you James.

Bloody_Marcel 24 August, 2009 @ 2:36 pm   5

As ThEosSiE pointed out, how are we supposed to play this on a PSP Go? Ask this to the dev next time you get a chance.

Bearskopff 24 August, 2009 @ 2:41 pm   6

Sounds fantastic and quite a neat approach to gaming on the go. I am thinking of grabbing a PSP Go on release though, and as far as I’m aware, a camera hasn’t been announced for the hardware yet. Any word on this issue? :)

Carnivius_Prime 24 August, 2009 @ 2:50 pm   7

Never been much for these ‘collecting creatures’ sorts of games but this looks quite interesting. A nice way to get more kids wanting PSP’s and give the camera more use too.

Oh how very wise from Sony to abandon the standard USB port on the PSP Go….NOT! Also the new memory stick makes me not buy the PSP Go. Sorry Sony.

Any plans to bring this game to PS3?
It looks like it could be abit of fun and the psp camera certainly needs support, as does the ps3 Eye.

AKGermany 24 August, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   10

How will this game work on my PSP 1000 (the original one)? It doesn’t have a microphone after all, so those audio based capture mechanics won’t work and if I’m not mistaken the camera won’t work with it either?

James Gallagher 24 August, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

The PSP Camera is compatible with PSP-1000 and includes its own camera.

As for the questions about compatibility with PSPgo, I’m not ignoring them, I’m just waiting for someone to get back to me with a definitive answer.

James Gallagher 24 August, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

Sorry… *The PSP Camera is compatible with PSP-1000 and includes its own microphone.

See – I can’t edit my posts either!

Legend says there’s epic creatures hiding in my garden.

jakster123x 24 August, 2009 @ 6:05 pm   12

doesn’t look to bad, but i’d like to know how it is compatible with PSPgo too, thanks for checking that out James, be sure to get back to us quick

topgearsam 24 August, 2009 @ 7:28 pm   13

how will it work on psp go the camera wont connect

seems interesting! hope it will do well, like to see more games like this!

MightyCrow 25 August, 2009 @ 11:17 am   15