Posted 27 August

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (27th August 2009)

Morning all, another week, and another run-down of content that will available for you to download later this evening from the PlayStation Store.

In celebration of the additional content available for Crash Commando this week we also have a price reduction on the full game. We also have two new full games to the store in the shape of Smash Cars and Battle Tanks, whilst PSP users can get hold of Dynasty Warriors; NHL 10 and F.E.A.R. 2 Reborn offer their wares in the form of playable demos, and the PS3 exclusive Batman: Arkham Asylum – Play as Joker pack leads the list of additional content. There are packs available for Disgaea 3, Fight Night Round 4, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and of course for the aforementioned Crash Commando, amongst others.

Aside from the content released this week, we’ve also rolled out the Search functionality to some additional countries this week; so if you’re based in Spain, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland or Italy you can now use the Search button located at the top right of the store.

Finally, a public service announcement for you – I will be on holiday next week, so whilst I’ll still put the store update together, and it will be posted in my absence, I will not be around to monitor the comments and respond as usual. Therefore in advance, no I’m not ignoring you, I can’t confirm when that game will be released, yes you’re all lovely, and I hope you enjoy the content.

This week however, I am around, so as usual leave a comment…

**Apologies, the Sony conference footage is not yet available and has had to be removed from the release line-up this week**

Price Reduction

Crash Commando (£3.99/€4.99)
In celebration of all the extra Crash Commando goodness released this week, you can take advantage of this reduced price for the full game until the 10th of September.
PEGI 12+

Downloadable Games

Smash Cars (£11.99/€14.99)
PEGI 3+

Battle Tanks (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 7+

Topatoi – (AU$15.95, $18.90 NZD) Has been added to the Australian and New Zealand Stores.
OFLAC 3

Demos (free)

NHL 10
PEGI 3+

F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn
PEGI 18+

Add-On Game Content

Fight Night Round 4

• Champions Pack (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Content Pack 1 (free)

PEGI 16+

Batman: Arkham Asylum – Play As Joker (free)
PEGI 16+

Crash Commando

• Combo Pack (this combines the four packs below) (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Heist Map Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Colonel Chaos and Army Chick Pack (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Gangsta Rapper and Reggae Rasta Pack (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Nukem Ninja and Maid Mayhem Pack (£1.19/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Disgaea 3

• Action Prinny (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Adell (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Class World Command Attack (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Curtis (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Defender of Earth Set (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Demon & Detective Set (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Disgaea 2 Main Character Set (£3.99/€4.99)
  • Dragon (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Fake Heroes Set (£3.99/€3.19)
  • Gig (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Gordon (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Hanako (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Item World Command Attack Mode (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Item World Survival Attack (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Jennifer (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Kogure (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Makai Kingdom Main Character Package (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Marjoly (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Mid-Boss (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Nekomata (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Pram (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Pierre (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Prinny Curtis (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Raspberyl Chapter 1 (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Raspberyl Chapter 2 (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Raspberyl Chapter 3 (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Raspberyl Chapter 4 (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Raspberyl Chapters 1-4 (£8.99/€11.25)
  • Revya (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Rozalin (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Soul Nomad Set (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Taro (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Thursday (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Tink (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Yukimaru (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Zetta (£1.59/€1.99)

PEGI 12+

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – Character and Map Pack (£6.29/€7.99)
PEGI 12+

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed – Tatooine Mission Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 16+

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Wolf Creek Course (£3.19/€3.99 – Introductory price for one week only)
PEGI 3+

LittleBigPlanet – VeraBee Original Sticker Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 7+

Rock Band

• Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Mony Mony by Billy Idol (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Rebel Yell by Billy Idol (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Runnin’ Down A Dream by Tom Petty (£0.99/€1.49)
  • She’s A Genius by Jet (£0.99/€1.49)
  • World Turning by Fleetwood Mac (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Batman: Arkham Asylum Villains Trailer
  • IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Launch Trailer
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Gamescom 2009 Trailer
  • Mini Ninjas Futo Vignette
  • Mini Ninjas Shun Vignette
  • Mini Ninjas Suzume Vignette
  • Mini Ninjas Tora Vignette
  • Crash Commando Characters Trailer
  • Crash Commando Heist Map Pack Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

• Dynasty Warriors (£13.99/€17.99)

PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged

• Black Sunshine by White Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
  • She’s Not There by The Zombies (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

• Dissidia Final Fantasy Theme 12

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

418 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Where that kung fu game?!

What’s Fear 2 : Reborn?

Also, I kinda hoped for a Lost Planet 2 demo. :(

mrfight67 27 August, 2009 @ 9:09 am   3

Nothing for me this week :(

Will there be a lot more PSP games releasing soon? Since the go is only just over a month away.

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:35 am

There will be lots more PSP games coming to the store in the coming weeks and months yes :)

mrfight67 27 August, 2009 @ 9:10 am   4

Oh, and thanls for the dissidia demo last week, will the game be coming next week on the store?

Once again, its time for our favourite weekly game.

“Guess which major publishing house is going to leave Mike in the lurch”

You all know the rules. Mike, in good faith, announces the store update list and then one of the content providers pulls their content just at the last minute, leaving Mike to get it in the neck from forum posters who can’t understand that unforeseen problems happen.

Tin helmet on Mike. :)

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:31 am

This week there will be NO changes…well I REALY hope there won’t be anyway :)

The helmet is to hand though if needed ;)

Invincible Tiger i think the games called? really looking forward to that. Also can you please comfirm if StarWars the force unleased trophy patch will be out today?! … and yes, i will be getting batman tomorrow

a little question about Disgaea DLC: Do you know if we’ll have soon the pack containing all the DLC for a less expensive price like they have on the US store? Thanks in advance your your answer

designheadache 27 August, 2009 @ 9:14 am   8

Sorry to be a pain but since they both have extra content coming out, o you have anything further on the release of the trophy patches for Disgea 3 and Star Wars:Force Unleashed?

I am aware that SWTFU patch is out in the US but i dont think it is available in the UK/EU yet?

And of course (i know you get asked every week, but still ;-) )*any* trophy patch news on Disgea 3 would be great thanks :-)

lordbeagle 27 August, 2009 @ 9:14 am   9

Morning Mikey

Cool update. Who needs anger management when you can crash,smash n battle all in 1 day :).

@Saber_IV Reborn is new Campaign DLC, out 3rd Sept

Saber_IV 27 August, 2009 @ 9:18 am   10

Oh, Thanks lordbeagle.

Would I need F.E.A.R 2 to play the demo?

Chimpanzee 27 August, 2009 @ 9:19 am   11

What happened to the press conference last week?

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:24 am

Let’s move on from that – it upset me greatly last week that we couldn’t release them. They will be here this week though!

Could we get the Australian prices as standard on here? I’d be really helpful.

Skookie30 27 August, 2009 @ 9:20 am   13

well mike hope you enjoy your Hols, this update is alright loads DLC this week & some goodies but no ps1 yet, i wonder what scea gets later on they‘s & plz when in september the psn-cards come out will it be next week same time as the ps3-slim. :)

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:25 am

Thanks, I certainly will – I’ll be doing as much relaxing as possible, as the rest of this year for myself and the team is going to be SO very busy :)

Chepetto1 27 August, 2009 @ 9:20 am   14

Hi Mike,
do you know if the Disgaea 3 trophy patch releases today too?

Raider197 27 August, 2009 @ 9:20 am   15

I’ll get FEAR 2 Reborn, have a nice holiday Mike! Will the Video Store launch in November for the Rupublic of Ireland? Or is that someone else’s job to say? Or confidential information? It’s just I’ve been asking for ages and no reply thus far :-(

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:29 am

Thanks for the holiday pleasantries – I fully intend to enjoy every last drop of the French sun I can get, before our UK winter sets in.

As for Video Store announcements and information, I’m not part of the team working on that, so I couldn’t say for sure. let me find out though.

RagingAvatar 27 August, 2009 @ 9:22 am   16

Well, an epic fail update this week.
Literally, nothing I want to see or play this week.

I guess I don’t really mind though – I’m getting married this week so I wouldn’t be able to play anything anyway! ;)

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:26 am

I really don’t think it’s an ‘epic fail’ update, you may not like it, but others no doubt will.

Congrats on the impending marriage, have fun!! :D

onlineatron 27 August, 2009 @ 9:23 am   17

It’s a mystery to me why Smash Cars is £11.99.

For a game that expensive it’s a down right crime that it hasn’t got local multiplayer.

If the devs added that I would buy it in a heartbeat.

HareOfDoom 27 August, 2009 @ 9:24 am   18

I can only echo what has been said here… where is invincible Tiger? like everyone here, I was looking forward to that.

not a bad update, certainly not blinding, but then no where near as bad as it has been.. so im happy.

I didnt like the demo for Batman, I have to be honest… for me, I guess it was a little like Resident Evil, in the fact that I expected something quite different. But hearing what people are talking about in the States about the full game, sounds like this really is a must have game, so I think I will get it tomorrow.

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:27 am

Invincible Tiger is on it’s way. Also,let’s not forget that we’ve had content in the past few weeks that other regions have yet to have, so it’s swings and roundabouts in terms of who gets what it seems. The game is coming though ;)

lordbeagle 27 August, 2009 @ 9:25 am   19

@ Saber_IV Doubt it dude as its just a demo

Gibbz4887 27 August, 2009 @ 9:26 am   20

Are the Star Wars: Force Unleashed trophies being released today also? Thanks : )

MISTERBUBBLES 27 August, 2009 @ 9:29 am   21

nice update really looking forward to smash cars , and enjoy the holiday Mike i think you’ve earned it with all the great stuff you been doing.

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:33 am

I had my first go on Smash Cars last night, and it really is addictive fun ;) Thanks, I cannot wait to be on holiday, even if it only is for five days.

almighty-slayer 27 August, 2009 @ 9:29 am   22

You knew it was coming – MGS and Resident Evil ad other classics? Any word at all?

Sane for Trine???

Not a bad update, but nothing to download this week…

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:34 am

…and you’re quite right to keep asking. I’m hopeful that soon I’ll be able to have some good news for you…fingers crossed.

Trine looks to be coming at some point on September I believe, but I can’t confirm just yet.

greekgoddj 27 August, 2009 @ 9:32 am   23

When I saw “Price Reduction” I was hoping it was for Fat Princess! I guess I will be getting it from the US store with a US PSN card.

Mattiebo123 27 August, 2009 @ 9:35 am   24

i think this is a great update, there are quite a few things I’ll be downloading, the Gamescon press conference is something that I’ve been wanting to watch for a while now :) I’ll be sure to download the F.E.A.R. demo, but i’m not completely sold on smash cars, i’ll need to be convinced more if i’m going to spend £12 on it.

Any news on Tomb raider mike? I’m really hoping this won’t be one of those games you get bugged about every week. Please say it’s coming soon?

HoefMeistert 27 August, 2009 @ 9:37 am   26

Is the WET demo available for the “rest” of europe now ?
Also when’s the Shift demo comming ;)
Rest thumbs up for the post!

A good update, your doing well recently :) I’m not sure about smash cars though, due to the price. If it was £9.99, it’d be sold. Have you played it? Is it worth the price tag?

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:47 am

It’s not my place to say if content is worth the price – however, I did have a lot of fun playing this game in single player last night, and I’m sure the multiplayer will be pretty hectic. I think you’ll definitely get more than a few hours of pleasure out of this, if that’s any kind of yardstick to use :)

Raider197 27 August, 2009 @ 9:44 am   28

Thanks for looking into that for me Mike!

“before our UK winter sets in” It’s never Summer in the UK anyway :D

I really want Bomberman Ultra and Hustle Kings on PSN?

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Come on! I mean we’ve had at least two days if sunshine this year ;)

Both those titles are definitely coming, Bomberman sooner rather than later, but I can’t say anything about Hustle Kings at the moment.

wiiman07 27 August, 2009 @ 9:45 am   30

Thanks Sony I am looking forward to getting Snow Leopard tonight at a great price of $39 and what a deal to upgrade my OS system and guess what I wont be giving my money to Sony. Apples App store is far superior to the PSN of late..

Oh Mikey Mikey Mikey wheres Zombie Apocalypse?

Also please talk to your web designers about putting a reply button on these blogs.

almighty-slayer 27 August, 2009 @ 9:47 am   32

Thanks Mike, i like the sound of that :)

Suzzopher 27 August, 2009 @ 9:49 am   33

Two questions Mike.

1. Does this mean Disgaea 3 now has the trophy patch that the Japanese and Americans have?
2. Is Dissidia coming as a download next week? I am thinking of getting a PSP Go to replace my PSP 2000. If not then I’ll not bother with a Go this year.

Cheers

polite_society 27 August, 2009 @ 9:49 am   34

Massive update. Thanks guys!

polite_society 27 August, 2009 @ 9:50 am   35

@31 Spathis – it was only just been unveiled and demoed, so I would imagine it’s a way off yet.

Cringles88 27 August, 2009 @ 9:52 am   36

There’s a handful of things there for me. Batman should be arriving in the post any minute now! looking forward to that Joker content. Also Mike, can you tell me how come we don’t get demos for all PSN games? it;s hard to justify buying a game without testing it first for me.

Do you have any information on when Under Siege from Seed Studios is coming to the store? thanks

No video of the press conference gamescon on the PSN for PSP ?

Chimpanzee 27 August, 2009 @ 9:54 am   39

@Carl-G – Yeah, I’m looking forward to Hustle Kings too. It looks stunning. I hope we hear something soon.

Chimpanzee 27 August, 2009 @ 9:55 am   40

Mike, can you at least say whether Hustle Kings will be out in September?

Mike Kebby 27 August, 2009 @ 10:04 am

I can’t say anything about dates – I would get killed by marketing, and the Dev team. Sorry.

@35 polite_society

You must mistaken i was talking about Zombie Apocalypse not Dead Nation which your thinking (they are two diffrent games). Zombie Apocalypse was ment to come out in June, then got delayed to September now i’m asking Mike whats happening.

Nothing interesting in this weeks update. Any hint you can give us for next weeks update mikey??? i mean, come on.. specially since i’ll be on my brand spanking new PS3 Slim by then.

TheTaxMan 27 August, 2009 @ 9:57 am   43

Nice and early again , thats great ,thanks for the heads up.

Alot of nice stuff there , Gonna have to get a few things .

glad smash cars has had such a close release date to the US . keep that up .

Crash com, my kid loves it , so that,ll be good and Starwars is the patch out for EU trophys also today ?

BF1943 still no patch , bit of a disgrace , i know its not your fault , but please try and get some info for the bloggers .

Anyway enjoy your weekend , keep the updates coming ,and your all doing a great job at the blog , keeps getting better.

Enjoy , piece out .x

unitedkronos 27 August, 2009 @ 9:58 am   44

No PSone Classics? Though it’s a good update, it troubles me that we’ve not seen the amount or quality of PSone Classics the rest of the world gets. I know Capcom’s been trying to release their old games in Europe but they’ve come up against some legal issues. Will there be any news sbout it soon?

Wohoo! NHL 10 demo finally! My copy of Batman Arkham Asylum should be arriving tomorrow so the Play As Joker DLC is also really nice. Some videos to download too I see: Castlevania, Gamescom Press Conference, Batman Arkham ASylum, Mini Ninjas and IL-2. Overall really good update just like the one last week. Keep them coming!

TheTaxMan 27 August, 2009 @ 10:02 am   46

Could you say if ingame chat is coming to any of the psn games ?

If not then please let us no , its not that big an issue . So long as the games run smooth and that ingame chat / voip works.

Sorry for the double post just have to ask as the rumour mill is getting beyond a joke at the forums.

please reply if your able to .

whats battle tanks? anyone got a link as im to lazy to look ¦-)

AcidCrashX 27 August, 2009 @ 10:03 am   48

Morning Mike!

first off, enjoy the hols.. I’m sure you’ll have a great time!

could i just check something with you? Capcom Europe says Fate Unlimited Codes for the PSP will be on the store NEXT Thursday, is this accurate?

many thanks
ACX

shawzee-zig-zag 27 August, 2009 @ 10:05 am   49

nhl 10 has been a long time coming, been waiting all week lol! thanks for :)

AoNekoAmaru 27 August, 2009 @ 10:10 am   50