Posted 1 September
Introducing Aino – The Mobile Phone With Remote Play
I recently met Lisa Canning, Lifestyle and Campaign PR Manager for Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. First thing on my agenda – trying to blag a new mobile phone. Second – finding out what the new Aino handset brings to PlayStation3 owners. Hint: Remote Play goodness.
What are you offering PlayStation3 users in your upcoming range of phones?
Aino is one of the first handsets in Sony Ericsson’s new Communications Entertainment proposition. It offers a unique multimedia experience for all PlayStation3 fans as they can seamlessly access and control their PS3 media content anywhere, anytime using Remote Play.
Remote Play with Aino lets you turn your PS3 on and off, browse and control the XMB and access the internet browser from anywhere in the world. Remote Play also lets you control and access the HD Drive’s media content on PS3 using the built-in WiFi or 3G connections via Aino.
You can also access PlayStation Store via Remote Play or chat with friends via PlayStation Network. It is also possible to buy and download a new game from the Store via Aino so it is ready and waiting for you when you get home.
How exactly do users access Remote Play?
Users simply start Remote Play by selecting the Remote Play icon in the entertainment menu of their Aino.
The set up is easy and only neccessary once – the PS3 generates the registration code to be entered into Aino.
You navigate the XMB with the Aino keypad.
What other features does Aino offer?
Aino also has the following features:
- Watch the latest videos, podcasts, music, Facebook and YouTube on the 3 inch touch screen with 30 frames per second high quality playback, 16.7 million colours and video recording in VGA 25 frames per second
- Enjoy music with great sound with the Clear audio experience Bluetooth headset, 3.5mm jack, easy-to-use music controls and FM radio
- Personalise Aino with music, movies and games from the PlayNow arena, which offers a full range of mobile entertainment. It also features new, specially developed ringtones, music tones and DRM-free music tracks
- Aino combines a traditional keypad with an intuitive touch user interface when in media mode. The intuitive 3D scrolling media browser gives users a clear overview and one touch direct access to their content
- Play and organise content with Media Go, which automatically formats all content on a computer to be compatible with Aino
- Insert Aino into its charging stand and Media Home automatically pulls new content from Media Go on a PC via Wi-Fi
- Access the PlayTV service to watch, pause and record live TV from a huge range of free to air channels
- Aino features an 8.1 megapixel camera, featuring face detection, Geo tagging, Photo flash and auto focus
- A huge 8GB SD memory card to store downloadable content
When will Aino be released?
This is dependent on local market timings. The first Aino will be released early October in the UK, with the rest of Europe to follow.