Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:13pm

Your MAG Trailer

We issued a call to arms and you answered in your droves.

Many thanks to everyone who submitted their rousing battle cries to the MAG Community Trailer competition. I’m happy to bring you the fruits of your efforts – the latest MAG trailer.

Massive kudos to colingb20, Aday111, shenmue360, BioEye, playmartelli, OwNii, Dark_Jester, Bandicoot1980, MoeRonimoe and Klixx. Keep a close eye on your inboxes – I look forward to meeting you in the MAG beta.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

119 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

thats an awesome trailer

monkeyman767 4 September, 2009 @ 2:05 pm   2

That is pretty incredible

Nice trailer..!! will be a great on-line experience..

JordanBlack68 4 September, 2009 @ 2:06 pm   4

Awesome trailer, would love to be in beta!

Great trailer :)

But it was a low resolution trailer, can you give us a HD version?

Thanks

Great trailer.

wow!

Nice one Bandicoot mate!

great trailer – great game! im really looking forward to it!
btw: i want the beta, please :)

Very nice trailer! :D

Wish I was in the Beta though.

That was pretty awesome, shame my words weren’t a part of it. :(

V8_Vantage 4 September, 2009 @ 2:36 pm   12

Cool trailer.

mcwildcard 4 September, 2009 @ 2:38 pm   13

I’m gonna be honest here, I’m disappointed, I was super proud of mine and genuinely thought I’d get into the trailer :(
Can’t hear the winners at work, but they’d better be good!

Can I please have a beta code?

Elliott "Shijima" Martin 4 September, 2009 @ 3:09 pm

Sorry mcwildcard, it was very tough to choose lines that not only worked with the trailer, but also summed up the message behind MAG. Care to share your own entry anyway? :)

Heartsbane 4 September, 2009 @ 2:54 pm   14

Fantastic trailer. That competition turned out really well, with some very fitting winners.

I wasn’t able to enter due to the same problem that’s afflicting the Batman competition at the moment, but even then, I don’t see what would have raised my quotes over the ones chosen. Hopefully this trailer will hit the PS Store next week. Those brush-stroke effects would look brilliant in HD. :)

Callahan09 4 September, 2009 @ 3:10 pm   15

Holy …

That was absolutely epic. Great music, great footage, great writing & voice-over. This trailer should be played in the cinemas, and I don’t mean PlayStation Home cinemas, but the real-life cinemas! The footage was simply gorgeous, I didn’t know this game was that pretty. Now I’m very excited for this game.

theshepanator 4 September, 2009 @ 3:13 pm   16

wow, I had to watch it over & over again for it to sink in. looks epic! I wanna, never mind that, I NEED A BETA CODE. I’m an addict & I’ve only seen the trailers!

it looks very good gama i wish had the beta code

mcwildcard 4 September, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   18

“Sorry mcwildcard, it was very tough to choose lines that not only worked with the trailer, but also summed up the message behind MAG. Care to share your own entry anyway?”

It was something along the lines of…
“There are no winners in war, only survivors… we are not destined to be inscriptions on a memorial wall. This scum want us to lay down and die, well I say we stand and fight!”

Care to share a beta code? ;)

RavageHeitaro 4 September, 2009 @ 3:16 pm   19

WOW great trailer and that’s some epic music! :)

Still waiting for my beta key!

Callahan09 4 September, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   20

@ mcwildcard:

Pretty cool speech, I like it. Give that man a beta code!

Killzone_Kid 4 September, 2009 @ 3:20 pm   21

Not MAG related, but since this is the newest blog entry…Any news on 5.55 firmware for PSP? This is funny, because it is available on some UMDs but not on the network? Am I missing the obvious here?

theshepanator 4 September, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   22

hang on a minute, can I have a beta code too? Please? I wanted to enter but forgot to submit my entry XD

good game, its remaind me a mix of Socom and battle field bad company. ;), we have to see it closely.

regards from Valencia-Spain(Europe).

Wait wait waaaaiitt… So the announced bèta on September 17th will be a closed one?

Darn it, why!? If you tell me there is not going to be an open one I’m [DELETED] right know. I want to try before I buy!

Where can I sign in for a bèta key? ‘Cause I’d really like to participate!

That is one class trailer well done to the beta testers who made it. REPS UP!

wardragon989 4 September, 2009 @ 3:40 pm   26

*sigh* I knew no matter how hard i tried there was in the end no point in entering this competition. =(

Regardless nice trailer and congrats to the people who got there quote read.

thats was awesome trailer

oh, missed out on the compitition! weak
ive been looking forward to mag beta for ages aswell, if not more than MW2.
not that that dont look awesome but 256 players? its gonna be damn hard for MW2 to match them sorta battles.
i got a few quotes off the top of my head lol
” you may be outnumbered, you may be out gunned but under the watchful eyes of out commander we will never be destroyed! ” you gotta love that feature.
“we must fight as a team as no 1 man can win this war”
” the battle may be intence but never give in to enemy pressure”

now some more random ones lol
” for he who glitches never really gains anything from battle”
” never leave your controller unguarded as you can’t kill while making a cup of tea ”
” maybe your not the best sniper in the world but standing on top of a car sure aint gonna help your chances of NOT being spotted ”
and one i use quite alot…
” just grab a shotty and stop being such a little girl! ”

+ if you still got any spare beta codes throw em my way! pwease

playmartelli 4 September, 2009 @ 3:45 pm   29

Wow, i made it on the list! Thanks so much, the trailer looks great. You’ve made my day!

Dead_Killa 4 September, 2009 @ 3:49 pm   30

Nice trailer I like it. Congratz to the people who made it on the list.

Hoping they don’t allow respawning, once youre dead your dead.

EU release date?

Wow! Thanks! Trailer was awesome by the way. Bit of a shock. :)

nice trailer but it would be great if u can upload the trailer in hd.
thx

armoured-core 4 September, 2009 @ 4:06 pm   35

good speech

Hellblazer 4 September, 2009 @ 4:27 pm   36

Nice trailer, but damn devs these days are always ballsing it up when it comes to framerate. Hope the final game has v-sync.

Elliott "Shijima" Martin 4 September, 2009 @ 4:50 pm

I think the v-sync issue is more of an artifact of the compression. I certainly doesn’t look like that in-game.

Omnitesshu 4 September, 2009 @ 4:29 pm   37

that is a very cool trailer. well done to all who contributed to it

Dannehkins 4 September, 2009 @ 4:39 pm   38

A great trailer. It was a great idea incorporating actual people into it, great change of advertising.

I am very excited about this game :D

UDC-DROPKICK 4 September, 2009 @ 4:41 pm   39

awesome , got me a little choked up. the wait is driving me crazy.

onlineatron 4 September, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   40

Great trailer.

As usual fans/users do what Sony fail to.

Pretty great trailer there
Make the voice at the end less moody and you’ve got a perfect promotion for the game ;)

Silent_Gig 4 September, 2009 @ 4:52 pm   42

Will there be any more chances to get into the MAG beta for people in the UK

CloudStorm87 4 September, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   43

Holy damn that was EPIC! Kudos to the people who created it. :)

This is way better than most “official” game trailers. I think Sony should really use this trailer in their marketing campaign leading up to MAG’s release because it’s touching, it’s thought-provoking, and best of all created by the players, so it speaks directly to the to-be MAG community.

p.s. Is there any way to directly download this trailer in its original resolution? I’d love to put it on my PS3′s HDD.

Michelasso 4 September, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   44

Just out of curiosity… what will be the bandwidth requirement??

Elliott "Shijima" Martin 4 September, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

MAG will work with even the lowest bandwidths, you just may experience a bit more latency during those hectic moments in the battle.

Yay!!! I’m one if the winners!..now when do I get that beta invite :P ..lol

Raider197 4 September, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   46

hmm, looks good, although the animation looks a little stiff to me, I think I would have been more excited but the gameplay looked a bit slow in the E3 show. I am looking forward to it though… just make the animation a bit more fluid :-)

Seriously..this made a crapy day a great day. Thanks for positive comments on the merge speach. And to the other winners, you also made this a great trailer!

Awesome !
can anyone write the script on trailer .

yeah you could so use that as a proper trailer… and at the end say the voiceover was created/done by actual MAG players, that kinda gains some sort of credibility.

That plus the trailer touches me in a special place

a very