Posted 10 September

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (10th September 2009)

Hello all, I’m pleased to say that this week we have available for you three new dynamic themes from the worlds of LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm and WipEout HD. The added bonus for you all is that the WipEout HD theme is absolutely free!

Whilst we’re on the subject of themes, I just wanted to clarify that we will be getting more dynamic themes (utilising the new animated features) in the future, as well as continuing to roll out the newly available premium themes. Premium themes are static themes, but have been created to a higher standard (and some will utilise additional sound files) and therefore are billable. However, we are not stopping the release of free themes, so please don’t worry that free themes will no longer be available, as this will not be the case.

So now onto the rest of the update that will be published later this evening – Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos is a new puzzle/adventure game coming your way, whilst we also see demos galore this week with the releases of FIFA 10, Fat Princess, LittleBigPlanet and Katamari Forever to try – I think that lot should keep you busy for a while. If not, we also have available tracks for Guitar Hero 5, as well as new content for Pain and High Velocity Bowling.

After last weeks issues for our PSP users, I can confirm that Fate/Unlimited Codes and the demo for Holy Invasion of Badman! will be available today, as well as the game BIGS 2 and a second pack for Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? Apologies for the problems we encountered last week.

I’m back and ready to do my duty in the firing line of the comments section, so let me know your thoughts.

Downloadable Games

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

FIFA 10
PEGI 3+

Fat Princess
PEGI 16+

LittleBigPlanet
PEGI 7+

Katamari Forever
PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

Pain

• George Takei Character Pack (£1.19/€1.49)

PEGI 16+

High Velocity Bowling

• Back To School Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Graphic Pattern Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
  • Heather Haughtfer Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

PEGI 3+

Guitar Hero 5 (visit www.guitarhero.com/songimport for more information on using the disc import and DLC Update packs)

• GHWT Disc Import Pack (£2.99/€3.99)
  • GHWT DLC Update (free)
  • 100 Little Curses by Street Sweeper Social Club (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Fight! Smash! Win! by Street Sweeper Social Club (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Street Sweeper Social Club Track Pack (contains 100 Little Curses, Fight! Smash! Win! and Somewhere In The
  • World It’s Midnight) (£4.39/€5.49)
  • Prodigal Son (Live) by The Rolling Stones (£1.59/€1.99)
  • You Gotta Move (Live) by The Rolling Stones (£1.59/€1.99)

Rock Band

• Freezepop Pack 01 (this pack contains the three Freezepop tracks listed below) (£1.69/€2.29)
  • Get Ready 2 Rokk by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.99)
  • Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.09)
  • Science Genius Girl by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.99)
  • The PAX 2009 Collection (this pack contains the three tracks listed below) (£1.69/€2.29)
  • Opening Band by Paul and Storm (£0.59/€0.99)
  • Origin of Species by MC Frontalot (£0.59/€0.99)
  • Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton (£0.59/€0.99)
  • ABC by The Jackson 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Gasoline by Audioslave (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Miss Murder by AFI (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Story Trailer
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum History of Arkham Trailer
  • Battle Tanks Trailer
  • Shatter Trailer
  • WET Video Short 5
  • IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Launch Trailer 2
  • Mini Ninjas Futo Gameplay
  • Mini Ninjas Suzume Gameplay
  • Mini Ninjas Launch Trailer

Dynamic Themes

• WipEout HD Dynamic Theme
  • MotorStorm Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet ‘Sackboy on the run’ Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Themes (free)

• Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Theme
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Joker Theme
  • Army of Two: The 40th Day Theme

Wallpapers (free)

• Dante’s Inferno Wallpapers x4

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Fate/Unlimited Codes (£23.99/€29.99)
PEGI 12+

BIGS 2 (£11.99/€14.99)
PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman!
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? – Flonne’s Castle (£3.19/€3.99)
PEGI 7+

Rock Band Unplugged

• I Stand Alone by Godsmack (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Love Spreads by Stone Roses (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

• DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Theme 15

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

688 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

YAAY! nice to have you back mate. good week off?

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 2:51 pm

Absolutely awesome week off thanks for asking Acid – but of course I’m always glad to be back here with you lot :P

Finally, some dynamic themes :D And one is free! Cool! Any news on new avatars? I also hoped for NFS Shift demo.

Oh.. i thought there was suppose to be some Batman DLC?…. was that the themes?

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 2:52 pm

The two additional packs are coming in the next two weeks, one per week (Insane Night 17th Sept and Prey In The Darkness 24th Sept).

Nice price on the themes.

Awesome, great list of demos and can’t wait for some WipEout shiny!

I have one small question regarding the new avatars though and when they will be coming but it can wait after this good update, well done.

Nice update.

At No. 2 it has been confirmed that there will be no demo for NFS Shift.

still no fallout dlc? wth bethesda?

Glad you brought us all cool ‘presents’ from your Holiday Mike. Dying to try out the Fat Princess and Fifa demo. Back on form!

xKillerMonkeyx 10 September, 2009 @ 2:53 pm   10

Yay i think i will be buying both dynamic themes if the wipeout one impresses me, also thanks for the fat princess demo been itching to try it.

Nice update this week, and yay for fifa 10

Now this is wasting vauable dirt 2 minutes posting this, back the the track i go,

@7 – thx 4 info, sorry to hear that :/

Awesome update, thanks again SCEE! :D

Free theme is nice (there’ll be an explosion of new accounts with suspicious email addresses) but where in God’s name is Trine? Come on guys, you announced it ages ago. What’s taking so long?

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

Trine has passed QA and will be with you within the next two weeks – still trying to get the exact publish pinned down (either next week, or the 24th in other words) ;)

I think those who bought the burn zombie burn like myself believing it was a dynamic theme should either get a refund or an additional theme free

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 2:58 pm

I understand that people may have been confused, but there was no indiciation this was a dynamic theme – I even listed it as a ‘premuim theme’. There will be more premium themes coming in the next few weeks (much like some of the premium themes the US Store has had for a while).

eastavenge 10 September, 2009 @ 2:55 pm   15

No new avatars?

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

I haven’t been given any news as yet – as soon as I do I’ll be sure to share it ;)

Welcome back Mike, and I have to say I’m surprised at the reasonable dynamic theme pricing here in Europe. Nice one.

Guillemots 10 September, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   17

Welcome back Mike!
Great update,
Looking forward fot the Fifa 10 and Fat Princess demo.
And of course for the wipeout theme.
Thanks a lot!

When will the Update online? I’m waiting for the FIFA 10 Demo.

nice info and great update just wondering whats happened to the avatars we where promised months ago? surely it cant be that hadr to add a few little pictures can it?

ViciousHead 10 September, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   20

Great update! Cant wait to try Katamari and snag that LBP theme! WOOOT!

Rubbish update! I jokes, its awesome :) Will be trying out all those demos for sure, thanks for the free theme!

Also, is the LBP demo for the PSP? Or am I just being silly?

Amherst_Wind_4 10 September, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   22

Katamari and Badman demos are nice, and hopefully the free Wipeout theme looks good because the Zebras are starting to smell, however…
No PS1 classics again. :(

Whens the avatars coming out?

Galvanise_ 10 September, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   24

Excellent news with regards to the dynamic themes.

Btw Mike, could you forward this fanmade Friends list and profile to the powers that be? Its really sleek and in fitting with the XMB, but it contains much more info on it, which is what a lot of people are requesting.

Btw, Nice to have you back. Its great to see the staff/guests replying to our comments and requests!

EntangledRage 10 September, 2009 @ 2:57 pm   25

Can’t wait for that Wipeout dynamic theme!

Galvanise_ 10 September, 2009 @ 2:57 pm   26

Sorry that link should not have the space between the = and the 3.

Hello Whens MP4 coming out for COD? WAW

great update thanks, no demo of nfs shift that to bad i want be buying that game with out trying it first because i dont know if it will be any good, any way thanks for the update

AcidCrashX 10 September, 2009 @ 2:57 pm   29

@ reply to comment 13

YES! TRINE!! WOOOOOOO

Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman demo was out last week no? ^^

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

There were issues with it unfortunately, so this is the version that will work for everyone :)

Hey Mikey!

Did you enjoy your holiday mate and did you bring me back a french girl like i asked? :P

OH Katamari Forever Demo very nice

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

Hey Roxas,

Well I tried, but I got stopped at customs, so had to return her – I did try though ;)

Bloody_Marcel 10 September, 2009 @ 2:57 pm   32

“PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go” is listed as a free wallpaper ;)

Will AFL challenge come to the Australian store?
Thanks

Hi Mike,

Nice update, going to download the Badman demo. Do you have any dates for when Prinny and Disgaea will be available for download?

samich2007 10 September, 2009 @ 2:58 pm   35

great update this week!
Thank you!
And a nice suprise :)

SeparateEntity 10 September, 2009 @ 2:59 pm   36

Still no PS1 classics? We haven’t had any for over 2 months now. When are more expected?

Apart from that, the store update looks a lot better than last week’s. Nice selection of demos, and finally some dynamic themes.

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 3:02 pm

I tried copying the whole link (not just the bit the blog has highlighted as a link) but I can’t view anything – what’s it about?

Where is dissidia on download? It was out in the shops last week. With the PSP GO out in 3 weeks some of us dont want to buy UMD’s anymore.

And wasnt Fate Unlimited out last week?

Please give us an ETA on dissidia, or are SCEE saving alot of download titles for the launch of PSP GO?

InfamousPsy21 10 September, 2009 @ 3:00 pm   39

what time does the updates go up?

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 3:02 pm

Today’s update will be live later this evening, don’t have a specific time for you though.

How about the Portuguese missing content, Mike? Any news? The Force Unleashed, GRID and HAWX?

Any estimate on MGS?

In this week’s update…

Following his actions above and beyond the call of duty when he replied to the forums whilst on holiday – and his subsequent and deserved beatification that followed – this week Saint Mike of Kebby (patron saint of shopkeepers, customer complaints departments and sideburns) will take last week’s update (5 themes and 2 demos) and turn them into a feast of PSN goodness.

Good to have you back Mike.

I know most of us on here realise the value of people like you and Ted the Dog who try to give us as much info as is possible, whilst obviously having to keep your employer happy at the same time.

No ps1 games thats it screw sony

Wright316uk 10 September, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   43

hi mike wb not much is jumping out at me this week i checked out a trailer for Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos and it looked to be a massive yawn fest so i dont think ill bother . will defo pick up a dynamic theme or 2 :P

SiRobertson 10 September, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   44

Very nice update, Mike. I’ll be plucking the Wipeout theme and Fat Princess demo out of that one ASAP.

Thanks. :)

divine1000 10 September, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   45

Wicked news about TRINE. I already completed it on Steam but will definitely be grabbin’ it on PSN too. Might just last me until Uncharted, Modern Warfare & Ninja Gaden hit.

YAY! Fifa10 demo, Fat princess demo and wipeout HD dynamic theme for free! Awsome update :D.

patatdrolleke83 10 September, 2009 @ 3:02 pm   47

Nice update :-D

Great update. Really hoping that Fallout 3 DLC comes soon! :D

yo mike

can you tell me if nba2k10 : draft combined is coming to the eu anytime soon.
or will i have to buy it off the US store

btw nicee update much better than last week. looks like u contribute alot to the psn store updates. they suk when your not here lol…… an suk bad

Mike Kebby 10 September, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

I don’t have any visibility on that product at the moment, so I’m not too sure I’m afraid Lcslick.

zippyonline1 10 September, 2009 @ 3:02 pm   50

is the pain patch in this update?, all the new stuff us blu ray people can’t play we want a fix

Load all