Posted 10 September

Introducing PlayStation Home SingStar Rooms

Hi guys,

As you may have seen, The SingStar Rooms for PlayStation Home were announced at gamescom in Germany a few weeks back.

Well, I’m pleased to confirm, that this awesome new space will be launching in Europe on 24th September 2009. For those of you that haven’t seen it already, check out the teaser trailer below:

When you strut into The SingStar Rooms the dancefloor will react to the shapes you throw and the type of music will change based on what style the majority of avatars are dancing to. Therefore, if you all do the ‘Rock’ dance, the music will take a rockier edge. ;)

PlayStation Home SingStar Rooms

PlayStation Home SingStar Rooms

PlayStation Home SingStar Rooms

PlayStation Home SingStar Rooms

But not only that, there’s also an interactive jukebox where you can vote for your favourite track and, for the musically gifted, the SingStar Music Quiz (which will be accessible a few weeks after the space launches). Plus, a number of (fetching!) PS Home Rewards will also be on offer in the space.

But that’s not all. Some of you may have noticed the closed doors at the back of The SingStar Rooms. Well these may well be opening sometime soon, so watch this space for more information… ;)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

32 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Cool, will the home update be out befor this?, wasn’t it supposed to be sometime in september?.

Looks awesome! Really looking forward to this space!

Bloody_Marcel 10 September, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   3

Yeah, any news concerning the client update?

loonytoon1982 10 September, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   4

Finally we know something nicely in advance about Home… looking forward to it :D

Please tell me that the Rewards won’t be stupid generic T shirts will they?

Give us something decent like Sinstar Trainers

Singstar Trainers*

Sweet :D I should probably get Singstar to.

Thanks Elliot. This will be a great addiction to Home. Doors opening sometime soon? Is this implying something Singstar related before the 24th? Or?

VIP lounges lol

Bloody_Marcel 10 September, 2009 @ 5:13 pm   9

LOL I’d love to play something called “Sinstar” :D

DANTHEMAN121 10 September, 2009 @ 5:14 pm   10

Yes woohoo Groovy Times ahead can’t wait for this space. bring it on

i love in Playstation Home!!!!!

Thanks scee!!!!:D

devilmaker 10 September, 2009 @ 5:15 pm   12

so… what if you’re all doing ‘Running Man’ or ‘Cabbage Patch’? ;)

YES im impress this time i wanted to say that a long time ago see you on the dancefloor

btw is the 1.30 next week i know its not content week but is it to get ready for singstar & other stuff

or will it come same window time frame. :)

Carnivius_Prime 10 September, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   14

Dunno about Singstar or ‘Sinstar’ but Sinistar was an excellent old arcade game I’d like to see on the PS Store if at all possible. I think it’s available on a PSP retro collection but I’m not sure. A new remake could have potential.

Anyways yeah what is the expected date for the major Home update?

Carnivius_Prime 10 September, 2009 @ 5:30 pm   15

‘When you strut into The SingStar Rooms the dancefloor will react to the shapes you throw and the type of music will change based on what style the majority of avatars are dancing to. Therefore, if you all do the ‘Rock’ dance, the music will take a rockier edge.’

That actually sounds quite neat. Not sure why that impresses me so much but it does. Nice lil feature that.

Dannehkins 10 September, 2009 @ 5:40 pm   16

Hmm… is the 24th the day I can finally dazzle everyone with my moves and my poorly dressed avatar? :D I think so.

Thanks for the update.

edgefusion 10 September, 2009 @ 6:09 pm   17

What happened to the 1.30 client update? That had some exciting improvements promised but I’ve not heard anything since the original announcement.

CloudStorm87 10 September, 2009 @ 6:20 pm   18

At least we have a proper home space to dance on!

I hope it has a disco ball!

Sounds great! By the way, has TedTheDog actually quit?

@ raider yes its true the ted the dog has been put Down to rest ben left the forums for greater things.

that the official word, but unofficially he was theifing to many scooby snacks & scee Fire the sly dog to the vets.

but the truth is more boring he just left for greater things. :)

This is hands down, shaping out to be the best space yet (and that’s no small feat, with what Xi did).

Seriously cannot wait guys. I really hope u aren’t demoralised with the rampant negativity that sometimes come onto this blog, whether it be about firmware, psn updates or whatever.

Wow that’s an impressive sounding space – given that dancing is probably the number 1 most popular activity in Home I predict this new space will be a huge hit! Nice touch about the interactive floor and the fact the music matches the dance moves!

Hmm.. I was just thinking about purchasing Singstar Abba ..

swcoruscant 10 September, 2009 @ 9:07 pm   24

This looks epic, I will be sure to check this out.

OMG SINGSTAR

joseina_sar 11 September, 2009 @ 9:00 am   26

Woow. Nice room. Are all Singstore vids available for this?

Okey,why did I have to enter my birthday to watch this video?
I saw nothing that in any way that could offend me or any child (I presume.

SiRobertson 11 September, 2009 @ 12:35 pm   28

I would really love to see a Pool/Snooker Club space and a Games Arcade space in Home, basically expand on the pool/arcade aspects of the Bowling Alley space.

Hopefully the launch of the SingStar Rooms space will be the start of some cool and entertaining (and permanent) spaces in Home. Really looking forward to seeing what SCEE can do with Home once it is up and running properly.

The song for the trailer is sweet, is anything inparticular or just done for the promo?

Cool….methinks this means the 1.3 update will be available then…

Make a KZ2 PS Home Space I love if you can but I know this won’t work.

BalramRules 12 September, 2009 @ 6:12 pm   32

I bet this entire space has something to do with VidZone, trust me, it has to have some sort of connection right?