Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:02pm

NIS America PSP Titles Heading To European PSN

It’s out! The beautiful, pocketable PSPgo! And, to celebrate, we will have some classic and recent NIS titles ready for download in the next few weeks. Here they are:

While we’re on the topic of mentioning things coming soon, here are a few Additional Content items that will be here before you know it:

• Disgaea 3 Trophies (to be released Winter 2009-2010)
  • Cross Edge (to be released October 2009)

Oh, let’s not forget our Additional Content offerings available on PSN already:

• Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice DLC packs
  • Prinny: Flonne’s Castle, Marona on Phantom Isle, and L’il Asagi Comes Home (in English and French)

As you may or may not have heard, at Tokyo Game Show we announced a few new titles we are currently working on bringing over to all our fans.

Please look forward to all of these things! I’ll be back to talk about some more great stuff soon!

Cheers,

Allison

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

82 Comments 64 Author replies
Show oldest first
Suzzopher 8 October, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   1

Far too expensive for these games :( I love NIS games but those prices are shocking.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:31 pm

Hi Suzzopher, We’re working on it, but a game you can play for up to a 100 hours, not just 14 like KillZone, hey, that’s got to be worth something.

Suzzopher 8 October, 2009 @ 5:10 pm   2

Oh and are we ever going to get the Disgaea 3 Trophy patch over here?

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

The Disgaea 3 Trophy Patch. That is our debacle. The programmers are working on making time for it. I’ll keep asking, and let you know. We are still hoping for Winter 2010.

rob_dee81 8 October, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   3

thanks for the info Allison , i’ll be keeping an eye out for them on the store, keep em coming :D

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

Hot, rob_dee8! I can’t wait to let you guys know about some of the other games coming out…

TheFamousKevin 8 October, 2009 @ 5:14 pm   4

I’ve never played Disgaea, I was a bit disappointed not to see it in today’s update. I’m not paying Prinny prices for a PSP game though. You should look at that.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

You mean Disgaea 1? That would be Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, offered on PSN. Disgaea 2, which I think is probably one of the best of the Disgaea series, is coming out in February. Take a spin in the Netherworld, and let me know what you think.

rob_dee81 8 October, 2009 @ 5:14 pm   5

cant you read suzzopher? the disgea trophy question has made you look abit silly

31.99 psp digital games is a good way to turn people off buyn games off store ever

AcidCrashX 8 October, 2009 @ 5:27 pm   7

Hi Allison, I’m a big fan of Badman after playing the demo and im interested in trying out prinny too. but the prices those games were released at today were a bit shocking.. i mean i understand they are new digital releases but after seeing the prices of the games on the US update last week i don’t see how you guys think hardcore gamers like us are willing to stump up that kind of cash just because of the region we are in.

Now i’ve said my piece. thanks very much for bringing these titles over the Europe. Me and my girlfriend both love cross edge and disgaea on ps3 so cant wait for some more DLC and trophies respectively. is there any reason the trophy patch keeps getting shoved back? is it just a lack of resources working on the patch over here? or is it low priority (understandable.. its only trophies!)

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:40 pm

Hi AcidCrashX. I’m glad you like Badman, because it is a fav of mine. I’ll see what I can do about the prices. New releases will always be a little higher, especially those that are offered in stores as well as on PSN. Letting us know what you, the gamers, think is important to us, especially when expressed so considerately.

As I said above, we hope to get the Disgaea 3 patch out in Winter 2010, and Cross Edge DLC is coming (all 48 or thereabouts) 29 October. There will be more DLC for other big games in the near future. I’ll keep you posted.

Rob_Velocity 8 October, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   8

Absolute rip-off. I really hope this isn’t a sign of things to come or the PSP Go is dead in the water.

CinderShadow 8 October, 2009 @ 5:41 pm   9

Thanks for confirming the sort of timeframe for Cross Edge DLC, and the Absence of Justice trophies. I’m happy to see that we’ll also be able to enjoy these additions. :) Great to see that the level of NIS support and releases, here, is growing.

Skookie30 8 October, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   10

i love all RPG‘S from NIS & other however cross-edge £40 is steep im going to trade it, why on earth 40 pounds that not got fantastic graphics

i got eternal sonata for £25 it got bootiful graphics & 32pounds for prinny you mean 22pounds dont you. :o

Agent_Cooper 8 October, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   11

If you got the Disgaea patch out, you’d be selling quite a bit more DLC. But I guess you already know that….

Rob_Velocity 8 October, 2009 @ 5:54 pm   12

Just can’t understand how you could possibly justify that Prinny price. Maybe, MAYBE, if it came with all the available DLC, but even then it’d still be overpriced.

Solid_Snake1987 8 October, 2009 @ 5:59 pm   13

So glad this is happening after moaning about the lack of Disgaea today. Please, please, please put it on the store at a good price. I don’t want to pay more than £15 for it because I can hunt it down for that on UMD. It’s an older game now, so it’s only fair. :) Please :)

NikosCook 8 October, 2009 @ 6:00 pm   14

Excellent! I just posted a message in the update post regarding NIS games on the PSP, especially Disgaea, and received no reply expecting the worst. I’m glad that I can finally find a copy of the first after enjoying Disgaea 3, which makes me even more happy since there’s a new time frame for the trophy patch.

Thanks Allison, certainly improved my day.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

Hi NikosCook, Enjoy Disgaea 1. It is fun and worth +800 hours of play…

betahoven 8 October, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   15

Afternoon of Darkness FTW \o/

Covenantt 8 October, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   16

Ha finally more RPGs, thanks but we want more more more ! ;)

I was going to buy Prinny from the Store, but I think, in the end, I won’t, sorry. It’s very expensive (39,99€). It’s on my local store in UMD at 36,99€.
When the price go down, I’ll buy it for sure.

Said that, thanks a lot for putting this great games in the Store for download.

rob_dee81 8 October, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   18

i agree covenant ……MORE

The pricing for Prinny is absolutely disgusting!
I am grateful that it has been made available, but I really would like a reason why we are paying 5x more than what they are paying in America.
I really would like an answer to this please Allison, I can’t believe there is a reasonable excuse.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:49 pm

When you have a product in a brick and mortar store and a product on line, you have agreements that need to be respected. When a product is exclusive to one venue, i.e. PSN store in the case of Badman, you can fix a different kind of price, but then you exclude gamers who want a hard copy. I wish I could go into more detail, but there you are. In any case, I’ll see what I can do.

lingmingo 8 October, 2009 @ 6:24 pm   20

as above. hopefully all this stuff will be made available at umd prices, rather than prinny prices. here’s hoping?

G-M1N111 8 October, 2009 @ 6:28 pm   21

ROFL i just bought Disgaea 3….

well going to wait several months until the trophies patch is released… :D

I think everyone got surprised with the price you will put Prinny for in the European PSN, it’s just too much comparing to the American PSN…

I have to agree with them, what can possibly justify the difference of prices? :S!

Thanks :)

Ravenblade86 8 October, 2009 @ 6:54 pm   23

I was looking forward to Badman today, but like alot of the others I found the pricing to be rather shocking on Badman & Prinny. The fact Badman is so fun might mean I still cough up the money for it, but I’ll have to think about it for awhile first.

Allison is doing a great job with the community side of things for NIS Europe, but who ever is pricing the games needs to re-think things abit.

I’m actually sorta of wishing Badman didn’t get a UMD release here, as I assume that is the reason for the downloadable version being so expensive as NIS Europe don’t want to annoy the retailers.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

Hi Ravenblade86, Yes, you are very perceptive. Retailers reach out to a lot of gamers, and they are important, but not as important as the gamers, I might add. Thanks for looking beyond the obvious.

Hux1ey-uk 8 October, 2009 @ 7:15 pm   24

Prinny Can’t I be cheaper?
Overpriced, lost 3 pspgo! sales due to the psn prices vs umd.

Guillemots 8 October, 2009 @ 7:25 pm   25

Prinny is the hardest game i ever playied.
ARGH!

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

Guillemots, I hear you! I began Prinny with Chefbot, the HARDEST to destroy boss. I died soooo many times trying to take this guy out, had others try to kill him, lost more lives, until finally, I got one of our pro Prinny testers to take him out for me, and he lost 3 lives before succeeding. Grrr!

Generror 8 October, 2009 @ 7:51 pm   26

;( soo looong to wait till disgaea… :( give it sooner

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 4:57 pm

But, it is a fantastic version with these additions: 4 new chapters and a new main character; Magichange; the attack Throw & Receive from Disgaea 3; all new battle stages; and over 100 new skills and magic. Yea, it’s going to worth the wait.

Good news! Looking forward for those Disgaea 3 trophies. Keep up the good work, dood!

BeAkErOo 8 October, 2009 @ 8:18 pm   28

don’t complain guys, just make American accounts and buy from there on the cheap, US PSN cards can be found at face value on ebay regularly

vherostar 8 October, 2009 @ 8:24 pm   29

Would LOVE PS2 classics to be released by NIS on PSN rather than PSP.

briankearon666 8 October, 2009 @ 8:26 pm   30

The price of these games is shockingly too high. No way will/would i be paying that price for those games. Or any PSP game for that matter.

I thought digital downloads was supposed to be a great for the consumer, but in the end, it’s just giving the distributer/publisher of the digital downloads the opportunity to rip us off.

Very dissapointed in Sony for allowing this to occur on a service that is USUALLY fairly priced across all regions. The prices are simply not competitive at all.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

Hi briankearon666! Please take a look at the earlier posts, 19 and 23.

Kotatsu2000 8 October, 2009 @ 9:09 pm   31

I love NIS games but the EU offering is a joke. The US PSN has Prinny for $10 (£6) but it’s £32 in the UK. Plus the US store has Disgaea 2 NOW, not next year.

US PSN account FTW.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

The US PSN price was a special offer for a week. And, yes, it is a great deal. I’ll see what can be done.

Prinny

£5 US
£31 EU

Whoever’s publishing this needs to realise that people aren’t going to bend over to buy a DIFFICULT game with a character from a niche genre for £31, that most average people won’t have even heard of.

What ever happened to $10 = £10? I’d snap that up in an instant, hell even Disgaea too. And I already own it on other platforms! Badman? Sure, if the price is right..does that equate to £31? In my dreams maybe.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:02 pm

Understood, Noejil, but the special price was for a week only. Dreams can come true…

Hurrah! I was just asking about the cross edge DLC today as well XD;;

Thanks for all your hard work getting these games/dlc/trophies over here! ^___^

Woo, Disgaea 3 Trophies! I’ve been waiting for them since I bought the game :)

I’m really glad to see NIS is putting out some amazing support for the PS3 and PSP. You’re one of the best companies around in gaming at the moment, and it is a pleasure to be able to play some of your titles.

Thanks again NIS!

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

Hot, Menchi! We have some GREAT titles coming out next year. I can’t wait to tell you all about them, but not quite yet…

Handige_Harry 8 October, 2009 @ 9:52 pm   35

Sorry allison, im a big fan of Badman but i dont going to pay 29,95 euro for it for my psp go. in us store only $9.99 (6.76 euro’s)
10 euro’s and im gonna get it!

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

Hey Harry! I understand. Just remember that the US Store made it a week only deal.

Hi Allison.

I will buy badman and Prinny as soon as i can clean my Memory Stick or buy the new PSPgo.

I really appreciate very much your hard work and effort in being here.

P.S: Any idea if Blade dancer will be available too?

Thank you NIS America, can’t wait for Disgaea 2 to complete my collection.

Ash_Firelord 9 October, 2009 @ 1:31 am   38

I guess it’s not Sony dictating the game’s prices, but NIS. Maybe you Sony people should gently pass on our feedback? Possibly with a note stating that there’s no iron curtain covering all of Europe and we can see what’s going on in the US store? I believe they might have that idea.

Sadly, I think I can see where this is heading: “Well, as you can see, the niche RPG / quirky japanese anime-centric games don’t sell in Europe, they just aren’t popular, no sense in publishing them over there.”

*sigh*

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:07 pm

Hi Ash_Firelord! Take a look at the posts 19 and 23. And, I think the more NIS brings great titles to Europe, the more popular they will become (because they are fantastically entertaining for a lot longer than most games), and the better the prices.

Ash_Firelord 9 October, 2009 @ 1:34 am   39

P.S.: Thanks for your hard work anyway, I’m sure you’re as frustrated as we are to see their pricing attitude.

I’m used for paying more for games than our US counterparts, and that’s usually OK to be honest, but paying from twice to five times more is just ridiculous.

WHY NO REAL PSX CLASSICS

WHY NO REAL PSP CLASSICS

FFVIII CRISIS CORE
FF DISSIDIA
METAL GEAR SOLID PO+
TEKKEN DR

KincuriM 9 October, 2009 @ 2:53 am   41

I would like to make a plea to have Jeanne D’Arc released on the European/ Australian PSN! it’s been translated and released in NA, how difficult can it be to release it here too?! I don’t really want to import itfrom Japan or the US as I wouldn’t be able play it on my PSP Go which I just paid a premium for.

Please! Let us play Jeanne D’Arc!

Dutch_Rootsman 9 October, 2009 @ 5:41 am   42

Prinny is $10 bucks on the US store and $60 on the Australian store.

For shame NIS, for shame. How dare you try to rip-off Australian gamers who have eagerly been awaiting your product?!?! I know it’s not possible for a digital copy of a game to gather dust, but it won’t be downloaded to my PSP.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

Hi Dutch_Rootsman! The exchange rate does come into play with the pricing. And, the Prinny price is a special rate for a week.

Darkscorpius 9 October, 2009 @ 10:21 am   43

cheers for the news Allison. I stopped playing Disgaea 3 because I wanted to wait for the trophy patch. I can’t wait to play it again and I’ll probably buy the DLC once the patch is live.

I’m also looking forward to the Cross Edge DLC, the game is great and so is Holy Invasion of Privacy… Got it yesterday and I love it.

Keep up the good work guys.

Devilater 9 October, 2009 @ 10:47 am   44

I have been waiting too long to play Digaea 3, i bought it in july, i never wait to play games but NIS are taking too long to put trophies in and new games are coming and i won’t have time to play the game.

Well done NIS, you really know how to make your customers happy.

Come on Trophies for Disgaea 3 before 2010…

Winter 2009-2010 goes until march 2010… that’s way to long!

Thanks for replying Allison, I know you must be receiving a lot of stick for this.
If something is being done about it then I am happy, and will just wait for the price drop.
I am very grateful that these games have been made available for us europeans, as we usually get shafted, (I have no hope of ever seeing and Tales Of games on the psn).

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 5:17 pm

Thanks for your comments, lomo_14! Just to let you know, we are also working on narrowing the gap between NA and EU releases so that they will happen, if not at the same time, within weeks of each other.

Handige_Harry 9 October, 2009 @ 6:19 pm   47

Allison, can you make it a one week only for 19.99 for EU then than im Happy :p. (damz i really want Badman on my psp go)

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 7:00 pm

Hi Handige_Harry! Unfortunately, because Badman is a new release offered in stores and on PSN, it won’t be included in any discount deal for a few more months.

Thanks a lot for all the answers, Allison.

I understand that the $10 Prinny was a week only deal, but the fact that this deal is only for the US and not for all the countries is what people doesn’t like. The main problem is not this case, but that en Europe we pay a lot more for all games than in US (except for UK, the have great prices, and A LOT of people here in Spain don’t buy games anymore in our country, instead they import them from UK, which makes less sales in Spain = less games translated into Spanish).

I supose I’ll wait a time if we are lucky and got a special offer for Prinny like the US had last week, and if not, I’ll buy the UMD version.

I’m thinking on buying PS3′s Cross Edge. I like a lot RPGs and Tactic games, but now I don’t have a lot of time to play lately. I was going to ask you what should I do, but… of course, you are going to say me to buy it, so… I won’t ask ;)

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

Hi Wiwo! I understand about the frustration of the price difference between the US and Europe. This is a reason why closing the gap on release dates between the two territories is advantageous for Euro gamers. Prinny can be offered as a deal in the US because it came out in February and retailers don’t necessarily have any more stock. Prinny in Europe came out in June, and retailers still have stock. We are very excited, therefore, to be closing the gap between release dates for our future titles.

I understand about Cross Edge. I suppose you need to budget your time. Difficult to do when you can’t put the controls down and 2 a.m. is looming large on the clock and you have to get up early for work. CE has great game play and strategy… the choice is yours…

P.S.: sorry for my English, but it’s not my first language.

Allison Walter 9 October, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

Your English is excellent. My written Spanish is appalling. I wish it came close to your command of English. Hasta luego!

Handige_Harry 9 October, 2009 @ 6:54 pm   50