Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (15th October 2009)

Hello, hello. Hope all is well with you :)

You may have seen already that the WipEout HD Fury Complete Pack hit the store yesterday (to match the retail release), this pack combines the full game and recent Fury pack in one handy bundle and there is literally hours of gameplay here waiting for you. We’ll also have the full games Uno, Mushroom Wars and the strangeness that is .detuned ready for download later today.

We’ll also have a new quiz for Buzz!, so you can test your knowledge of all things spacey (that’s the thing above the sky, not the actor), a new pack and bundle for Lumines Supernova, and a few new bits and bobs for High Velocity Bowling. As usual there are also new tracks and packs for Rock Band and Guitar Hero too.

We’ve also got our next batch of dynamic themes available, so you can customise your XMB with animations from the worlds of PixelJunk Monsters, Pain and High Velocity Bowling.

Finally, from today until Monday morning you can download the first Map Pack for Call of Duty: World at War at a reduced price.

I’m sure most of you this week will be playing Uncharted 2 anyway won’t you? If not, I prescribe an immediate dose of Nathan Drake…well, what are you waiting for, off you go.

Until next week, take it easy.

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

• Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 1 (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 19th Oct)
  • Resident Evil 5 – Versus Mode (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) (£16.99/€20.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99 (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 29th Oct)

Downloadable Games

• WipEout HD Fury – The Complete Pack (£17.99/€24.99) PEGI 3+
  • .detuned (£2.39/€2.99) PEGI 3+
  • Uno (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 3+
  • Mushroom Wars (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

• Buzz! – Space Quiz (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+
  • Lumines Supernova
    • Holiday Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Bundle Pack (contains the Classic Pack and Holiday Pack) (£3.19/€3.99)

PEGI 3+

• High Velocity Bowling
    • Doug Graves (£0.79/€0.99)
    • Halloween Ball Pack (free)
    • Planets Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

PEGI 3+

• Guitar Hero 5
    • California Queen by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Pilgrim by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Wolfmother Track Pack (contains the three Wolfmother tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

• Rock Band
    • Andres by L7 (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Icarus – Borne on the Wings of Steel (Live) by Kansas (£0.99/€1.49)
    • More Than Meets the Eye by Testament (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Point of Know Return (Live) by Kansas (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Show Me the Way by Black Tide (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Surfing With the Alien by Joe Satriani (£0.99/€1.49)
    • The Metal by Tenacious D (£0.99/€1.49)
    • (We Are) The Road Crew ’08′ by Motörhead (£0.99/€1.49)
    • What’s My Age Again by (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Brütal Legend Pack 01 (this pack contains the tracks ‘(We Are) The Road Crew ’08′ by Motörhead, ‘The Metal’ by Tenacious D, and ‘More Than Meets the Eye’ by Testament.) (£2.49/€3.99)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Final Fantasy XIII TGS 09 Trailer
  • Army of Two: The 40th Day Trailer
  • Heroes Over Europe Multiplayer Trailer

Dynamic Themes

(animated themes)

• PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Pain Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • High Velocity Bowling Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Premium Themes

(static themes)

• Ink Skulls (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Mythical Creatures (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Spider Webs (£1.19/€1.49)
  • World’s Apart (£1.19/€1.49)

Wallpapers (free)

• Topatoi Wallpaper 4

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

• Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) (£16.99/€20.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99 (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 29th Oct)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• Cover Girl (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 16+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Yeti Sports Pengu Throw (£2.49/€3.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce – Additional Quests 6 (free) PEGI 12+

• Rock Band Unplugged
    • Headknocker by Foreigner (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Jeremy by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

371 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Very disapointing for PSP users. Good job though cos I am skint. Although looking for GTA Chinatown wars next week hopefully.

AcidCrashX 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   2

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO update :D

nice to see the Wipeout HD complete pack, may pick that up :)

how you finding UC2 on the hardest difficulty then Mike?

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

I’ve been so busy playing multiplayer I’ve yet to start the game again on Crushing – that’s the plan for the weekend though :D

phoenix2912 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   3

Any idea if PEGGLE is coming to PSN ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   4

1st am i 1st?

Diablo_Rosso 15 October, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   5

No PS1 classics? fail.

Gavin_Rozee 15 October, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   6

lol, one PSP game!?

I highly recommend Everybodys Golf 2. I have it on UMD and it’s well worth a tenner.

Hope the Dynamic themes are good.

It’s an ok update i suppose ;)

AcidCrashX 15 October, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   8

Im Confuzzed.. it says PixelJunk Monsters theme but i dont see it listed? What gives Mikeface?

No demo again this week :-(

Mike, what happened with Obscure (PSP)? It was scheduled for last week’s update and still nothing. Any news about it?

ljforlozz 15 October, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   10

oh :-( not god at all!!! this week boooo!! ps1 games :-( wheres all resident evils!! xD hi mike

imajinetion 15 October, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   11

Hahahahha 1 PSP game and 1 Mini. Poor PSP Go owners.

hey mike any idea on a time 2day i mean i doubt its gonna be 12am again ….. hopefully

Absolutely nothing for me this week…

@4 No, not first. But stupid!

Ontopic: Nothing for me this time. :’( I haven’t bought Uncharted 2 yet. I’ll buy it the 17th. On the Dutch gaming event: FirstLook!

Sweet, deTuned! totally picking that one up :-)

(grabs popcorn and awaits anger explosion at no ps1 classics)

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   16

Drat! hi Mike Kebby
any news on Star Ocean 1 and 2 for psp on the download shop?

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   17

Mike Kebby, you’ve made my [DELETED] day!!! I bow in presence of your awesomeness!!

The reason? “.detuned”, say no more mate, thanks! :D

Mike, any idea of when are we going to see these PSOne Classics?

- Final Fantasy VIII
- Castlevania Symphony Of The Night

And these PSN games?:

- PixelJunk Shooter
- Gravity Crash

Please answer! Thanks!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:31 pm

I don’t have any dates (or ones I can share) on these titles at the moment, sorry.

very poor update this week mike . any idea about zombie apocalypse . thanks

nuffin for me this week better look next week÷)

Cool updayte mike, i know i might be being a big pain by asking this but is it possible to put the price the games/addons on special offer were so for example – £2.99 From £4.99 etc,

i dunno if it’s just me but i just like to know that :)

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

That was price is listed in the descriptions on the store, but I can start adding those details on the blog updates sure ;)

yay, i’ve been waiting for uno.

wallhugger 15 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   23

Not interested in anything for this week I’m afraid. Oh well up to next thursday then.
And btw when is the belgian PSN going to get it’s fallout 3 update?

slayerking69 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   24

no classics again

teething_korea 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   25

Not a bad update lol could of been worse (“,)

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   26

just so you all know
Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
that been on PSN shop for 6 days now! at that price!

grate game GET IT!!!

Nice one on .detuned! But dissapointing on the psp front, expected, but still dissapointing.

phoenix2912 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   28

Any idea if PEGGLE is coming to PSN ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im normally just a watcher/looker, but PEGGLE is a must have game and PSN needs classic’s as well as new games ( Mushrooms wars ).

Are we ever getting PEGGLE????

Gavin_Rozee 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   29

Is Everybody’s Minigolf ever releasing in Europe? I think it’s been on the Japanese PSN for ages.

sully1311 15 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   30

PSOne Classics – Cool Boarders 2, Tomb Raider 1, 2 + 3 PLEASE!!!!

Hey mike hope your well mate

Another update where i will be buying nothing Makes me a sad panda :(

That £20 is going to rot in my account :(

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

Sorry there’s nothing for you this week Roxas – I’m intrigued by Mushroom Wars myself.

What a joke or PSP go owners. 2 weeks after launch and the games have dried up already. Nice.

I’ve have a suggestion for dynamic themes… previews. I’m always put off when it comes to buying dynamic themes because I have no idea what they look like and whether or not they’re going to be any good.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

The ones going live today will have video previews – so your wish is my command, or something like that :P

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   34

PSP update is absolutely rubbish. Feel sorry for PSPGo owners.

And uhm…Mushroom wars and Uno are way overpriced. Thanks but no thanks.

any update from NIS on when Disgea will be on the store? They specificlly mentioned it last week but it wasn’t in their initial list of releases. I’m hoping that they at least have a date set?

I still have a ton of stuff on my go to be getting on with. add in Uncharted 2, and the Sony rewards games (when they blooming send me a code – two weeks and counting!), and I don’t *need* anything from the store. But I would like to see some updates on PSP. Maybe some reassurance that xx% of UMD games will be released on PSN within a week of them releasing in shops, and even some vague comments from Square/konami/capcom would be useful too.

Maybe they’re waiting for the Japanese Go launch to release a bunch of games, which we’ll then get. But I’m not holding my breath.

actually my bad see i read the top section then i posted my comment only to look down and see detuned , uno , my bad mike good update thanks ill be picking them up . im sure you have dynamic themes listed wrong m8 think its premium themes u have put under the dynamic headline

This ‘let’s introduce a premium avatars’ concept and ‘not actually bringing them premium avatars’ thing is getting really annoying. It’s bad enough we had to go through that update, uglifying the friends list, adding PS Store icons everywhere. The one good thing next to ‘What’s New’ still cannot even be used.

.detuned is fine.Besides how hard you guys might be working, I still don’t get it, why so much love for casual teens and a glorified version of simon/ddr? I bet someone at sony has a moaning spoiled son asking every week for tons of guitar hero/rock band content. Not cool update and you know why, not cool at all.

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   39

Also, usual question

Where the [DELETED] are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and all the other decent PSOne games?

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   40

Also, usual question

Where the heck are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and all the other decent PSOne games?

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:36 pm

Usual answer I’m afraid, until I get specific responses from the publishers I don’t know. I’m working hard with the account managers to get more PSone games onto the store as soon as possible, there are just a LOT of barriers that get in the way, and we can only crash down so many at once :)

ljforlozz 15 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   41

Is fifa 09 for psp coming down in price as its same as the new 2010

get2sammyb 15 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   42

Let’s not all moan at Mike again! :P

Sweet to see .detuned up this week.

Good afternoon Mike,

May you kindly update us on the french Playstation.Blog release situation?

Regards.

Im so glad i didnt buy a PSPgo, considering the Poxy amount of games available, and the stupid prices..

MadmanButter 15 October, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   45

Hey mike. Could you be an awesome chap and take a look at this?

Basically it’s says that both original Oddworld PSone games are confirmed to be coming to the PSN on October 21st. Are we in the UK getting them then too? (yes I know 21st is a wednesday, but thats not to say they wont go up the next day if true ;p)

Looks like a pretty slow week this week, thats a shame.

Nothing for me this week again.
Still thinking about picking up Trine at some point, a demo would be nice!

Waiting for PJ Shooter and Gravity Crash as they look wicked.

unitedkronos 15 October, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   48

Rather than join the choir in complaining about missing ‘true’ PSone Classics, I’ll ask something original. Last week Sonic Rivals 2 was released through PSN for PSP. Why hasn’t the first Sonic Rivals been released in Europe yet? Unlike America which got both games with the PSP Go launch flood.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

Once Sonic Rivals has passed QA and is ready for release you’ll have it, we’re just waiting on confirmation that all is well :)

No Mike to answer to our complaints? :-(

Toothball 15 October, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   50

While I’d be happier if this list contained more PSP games I’m very grateful to see notes on how long the Special Offers are on for. I’d looked around but couldn’t find anything that implied how long they lasted. I’ll be keeping a close eye on that as I do like an impulse buy in the digital sales.

Load all