Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (15th October 2009)

Hello, hello. Hope all is well with you :)

You may have seen already that the WipEout HD Fury Complete Pack hit the store yesterday (to match the retail release), this pack combines the full game and recent Fury pack in one handy bundle and there is literally hours of gameplay here waiting for you. We’ll also have the full games Uno, Mushroom Wars and the strangeness that is .detuned ready for download later today.

We’ll also have a new quiz for Buzz!, so you can test your knowledge of all things spacey (that’s the thing above the sky, not the actor), a new pack and bundle for Lumines Supernova, and a few new bits and bobs for High Velocity Bowling. As usual there are also new tracks and packs for Rock Band and Guitar Hero too.

We’ve also got our next batch of dynamic themes available, so you can customise your XMB with animations from the worlds of PixelJunk Monsters, Pain and High Velocity Bowling.

Finally, from today until Monday morning you can download the first Map Pack for Call of Duty: World at War at a reduced price.

I’m sure most of you this week will be playing Uncharted 2 anyway won’t you? If not, I prescribe an immediate dose of Nathan Drake…well, what are you waiting for, off you go.

Until next week, take it easy.

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

• Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 1 (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 19th Oct)
  • Resident Evil 5 – Versus Mode (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) (£16.99/€20.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99 (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 29th Oct)

Downloadable Games

• WipEout HD Fury – The Complete Pack (£17.99/€24.99) PEGI 3+
  • .detuned (£2.39/€2.99) PEGI 3+
  • Uno (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 3+
  • Mushroom Wars (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

• Buzz! – Space Quiz (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+
  • Lumines Supernova
    • Holiday Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Bundle Pack (contains the Classic Pack and Holiday Pack) (£3.19/€3.99)

PEGI 3+

• High Velocity Bowling
    • Doug Graves (£0.79/€0.99)
    • Halloween Ball Pack (free)
    • Planets Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

PEGI 3+

• Guitar Hero 5
    • California Queen by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Cosmic Egg by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Pilgrim by Wolfmother (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Wolfmother Track Pack (contains the three Wolfmother tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

• Rock Band
    • Andres by L7 (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Icarus – Borne on the Wings of Steel (Live) by Kansas (£0.99/€1.49)
    • More Than Meets the Eye by Testament (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Point of Know Return (Live) by Kansas (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Satch Boogie by Joe Satriani (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Show Me the Way by Black Tide (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Surfing With the Alien by Joe Satriani (£0.99/€1.49)
    • The Metal by Tenacious D (£0.99/€1.49)
    • (We Are) The Road Crew ’08′ by Motörhead (£0.99/€1.49)
    • What’s My Age Again by (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Brütal Legend Pack 01 (this pack contains the tracks ‘(We Are) The Road Crew ’08′ by Motörhead, ‘The Metal’ by Tenacious D, and ‘More Than Meets the Eye’ by Testament.) (£2.49/€3.99)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Final Fantasy XIII TGS 09 Trailer
  • Army of Two: The 40th Day Trailer
  • Heroes Over Europe Multiplayer Trailer

Dynamic Themes

(animated themes)

• PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Pain Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • High Velocity Bowling Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Premium Themes

(static themes)

• Ink Skulls (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Mythical Creatures (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Spider Webs (£1.19/€1.49)
  • World’s Apart (£1.19/€1.49)

Wallpapers (free)

• Topatoi Wallpaper 4

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

• Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) (£16.99/€20.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Magic Carpet (PS One) (£3.99/€4.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Populous (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99 (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Sim City 2000 (PS One) (£4.79/€5.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Hospital (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • Theme Park (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
  • The Little Mermaid II (PS One) (£2.39/€2.99) (valid until 29th Oct)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• Cover Girl (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 16+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Yeti Sports Pengu Throw (£2.49/€3.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce – Additional Quests 6 (free) PEGI 12+

• Rock Band Unplugged
    • Headknocker by Foreigner (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Jeremy by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

371 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Very disapointing for PSP users. Good job though cos I am skint. Although looking for GTA Chinatown wars next week hopefully.

AcidCrashX 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   2

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO update :D

nice to see the Wipeout HD complete pack, may pick that up :)

how you finding UC2 on the hardest difficulty then Mike?

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

I’ve been so busy playing multiplayer I’ve yet to start the game again on Crushing – that’s the plan for the weekend though :D

phoenix2912 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   3

Any idea if PEGGLE is coming to PSN ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   4

1st am i 1st?

Diablo_Rosso 15 October, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   5

No PS1 classics? fail.

Gavin_Rozee 15 October, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   6

lol, one PSP game!?

I highly recommend Everybodys Golf 2. I have it on UMD and it’s well worth a tenner.

Hope the Dynamic themes are good.

It’s an ok update i suppose ;)

AcidCrashX 15 October, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   8

Im Confuzzed.. it says PixelJunk Monsters theme but i dont see it listed? What gives Mikeface?

No demo again this week :-(

Mike, what happened with Obscure (PSP)? It was scheduled for last week’s update and still nothing. Any news about it?

ljforlozz 15 October, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   10

oh :-( not god at all!!! this week boooo!! ps1 games :-( wheres all resident evils!! xD hi mike

imajinetion 15 October, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   11

Hahahahha 1 PSP game and 1 Mini. Poor PSP Go owners.

hey mike any idea on a time 2day i mean i doubt its gonna be 12am again ….. hopefully

Absolutely nothing for me this week…

@4 No, not first. But stupid!

Ontopic: Nothing for me this time. :’( I haven’t bought Uncharted 2 yet. I’ll buy it the 17th. On the Dutch gaming event: FirstLook!

Sweet, deTuned! totally picking that one up :-)

(grabs popcorn and awaits anger explosion at no ps1 classics)

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   16

Drat! hi Mike Kebby
any news on Star Ocean 1 and 2 for psp on the download shop?

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   17

Mike Kebby, you’ve made my [DELETED] day!!! I bow in presence of your awesomeness!!

The reason? “.detuned”, say no more mate, thanks! :D

Mike, any idea of when are we going to see these PSOne Classics?

- Final Fantasy VIII
- Castlevania Symphony Of The Night

And these PSN games?:

- PixelJunk Shooter
- Gravity Crash

Please answer! Thanks!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:31 pm

I don’t have any dates (or ones I can share) on these titles at the moment, sorry.

very poor update this week mike . any idea about zombie apocalypse . thanks

nuffin for me this week better look next week÷)

Cool updayte mike, i know i might be being a big pain by asking this but is it possible to put the price the games/addons on special offer were so for example – £2.99 From £4.99 etc,

i dunno if it’s just me but i just like to know that :)

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

That was price is listed in the descriptions on the store, but I can start adding those details on the blog updates sure ;)

yay, i’ve been waiting for uno.

wallhugger 15 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   23

Not interested in anything for this week I’m afraid. Oh well up to next thursday then.
And btw when is the belgian PSN going to get it’s fallout 3 update?

slayerking69 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   24

no classics again

teething_korea 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   25

Not a bad update lol could of been worse (“,)

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   26

just so you all know
Everybody’s Golf 2 (£9.99/€12.99) (valid until 22nd Oct)
that been on PSN shop for 6 days now! at that price!

grate game GET IT!!!

Nice one on .detuned! But dissapointing on the psp front, expected, but still dissapointing.

phoenix2912 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   28

Any idea if PEGGLE is coming to PSN ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im normally just a watcher/looker, but PEGGLE is a must have game and PSN needs classic’s as well as new games ( Mushrooms wars ).

Are we ever getting PEGGLE????

Gavin_Rozee 15 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   29

Is Everybody’s Minigolf ever releasing in Europe? I think it’s been on the Japanese PSN for ages.

sully1311 15 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   30

PSOne Classics – Cool Boarders 2, Tomb Raider 1, 2 + 3 PLEASE!!!!

Hey mike hope your well mate

Another update where i will be buying nothing Makes me a sad panda :(

That £20 is going to rot in my account :(

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

Sorry there’s nothing for you this week Roxas – I’m intrigued by Mushroom Wars myself.

What a joke or PSP go owners. 2 weeks after launch and the games have dried up already. Nice.

I’ve have a suggestion for dynamic themes… previews. I’m always put off when it comes to buying dynamic themes because I have no idea what they look like and whether or not they’re going to be any good.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

The ones going live today will have video previews – so your wish is my command, or something like that :P

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   34

PSP update is absolutely rubbish. Feel sorry for PSPGo owners.

And uhm…Mushroom wars and Uno are way overpriced. Thanks but no thanks.

any update from NIS on when Disgea will be on the store? They specificlly mentioned it last week but it wasn’t in their initial list of releases. I’m hoping that they at least have a date set?

I still have a ton of stuff on my go to be getting on with. add in Uncharted 2, and the Sony rewards games (when they blooming send me a code – two weeks and counting!), and I don’t *need* anything from the store. But I would like to see some updates on PSP. Maybe some reassurance that xx% of UMD games will be released on PSN within a week of them releasing in shops, and even some vague comments from Square/konami/capcom would be useful too.

Maybe they’re waiting for the Japanese Go launch to release a bunch of games, which we’ll then get. But I’m not holding my breath.

actually my bad see i read the top section then i posted my comment only to look down and see detuned , uno , my bad mike good update thanks ill be picking them up . im sure you have dynamic themes listed wrong m8 think its premium themes u have put under the dynamic headline

This ‘let’s introduce a premium avatars’ concept and ‘not actually bringing them premium avatars’ thing is getting really annoying. It’s bad enough we had to go through that update, uglifying the friends list, adding PS Store icons everywhere. The one good thing next to ‘What’s New’ still cannot even be used.

.detuned is fine.Besides how hard you guys might be working, I still don’t get it, why so much love for casual teens and a glorified version of simon/ddr? I bet someone at sony has a moaning spoiled son asking every week for tons of guitar hero/rock band content. Not cool update and you know why, not cool at all.

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   39

Also, usual question

Where the [DELETED] are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and all the other decent PSOne games?

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   40

Also, usual question

Where the heck are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and all the other decent PSOne games?

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:36 pm

Usual answer I’m afraid, until I get specific responses from the publishers I don’t know. I’m working hard with the account managers to get more PSone games onto the store as soon as possible, there are just a LOT of barriers that get in the way, and we can only crash down so many at once :)

ljforlozz 15 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   41

Is fifa 09 for psp coming down in price as its same as the new 2010

get2sammyb 15 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   42

Let’s not all moan at Mike again! :P

Sweet to see .detuned up this week.

Good afternoon Mike,

May you kindly update us on the french Playstation.Blog release situation?

Regards.

Im so glad i didnt buy a PSPgo, considering the Poxy amount of games available, and the stupid prices..

MadmanButter 15 October, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   45

Hey mike. Could you be an awesome chap and take a look at this?

Basically it’s says that both original Oddworld PSone games are confirmed to be coming to the PSN on October 21st. Are we in the UK getting them then too? (yes I know 21st is a wednesday, but thats not to say they wont go up the next day if true ;p)

Looks like a pretty slow week this week, thats a shame.

Nothing for me this week again.
Still thinking about picking up Trine at some point, a demo would be nice!

Waiting for PJ Shooter and Gravity Crash as they look wicked.

unitedkronos 15 October, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   48

Rather than join the choir in complaining about missing ‘true’ PSone Classics, I’ll ask something original. Last week Sonic Rivals 2 was released through PSN for PSP. Why hasn’t the first Sonic Rivals been released in Europe yet? Unlike America which got both games with the PSP Go launch flood.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

Once Sonic Rivals has passed QA and is ready for release you’ll have it, we’re just waiting on confirmation that all is well :)

No Mike to answer to our complaints? :-(

Toothball 15 October, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   50

While I’d be happier if this list contained more PSP games I’m very grateful to see notes on how long the Special Offers are on for. I’d looked around but couldn’t find anything that implied how long they lasted. I’ll be keeping a close eye on that as I do like an impulse buy in the digital sales.

will store be updated early mike to make up for last 4 weeks shambles lol.

TheSabreman 15 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   52

Agree with 21.

By not putting how much you can save the Special Offers section is a little pointless, as it could be a mega bargain or 1p off.

I guess you have never worked in a shop at sale time Mike ?!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:40 pm

No need for the snarky end comment…

I will ensure that from next week I put the previous pricing in the Special Offers section.

sympozium_666 15 October, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   53

Aww mike thank god for that I was going to either buy motorstorm or wait today. Thankfully I didn’t arctic edge is breathtaking.

Whens the complete version of rock band unplugged coming?! see theres no real reason for a lack of songs for unplugged. Harmonix should relise that psp users want MOAR!!! than two every week :(

@[Almighty-Slayer]

Since I just can’t swallow third parties implied don’t want to submit those games in EU for a quick cash in, or that they’re stuck in QA,here’s my theory

They’re going to give us the Big Deal of buying them through an import thingy for an abusive 9.99e each, probably a marketing idea, they’re just figuring out how to make it look like they’re not gagballing us, wanna bet?

Nice update. I’d have liked to have seen more PSP stuff, but hopefully that’ll come in time. PS, Mike, if you’re around, drop us an email… ;-)

HiddenAway 15 October, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   56

Mike’s hiding because he’s just realised how small the PSP update is and the reaction :P.

If you’re out there Mike, at least tell us what Cover Girl actually is. I searched in Google and didn’t quite get the results I was looking for!

Might pick up Uno. I love that game with other people and a PS1 version I played was fun too (Japan only).

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:42 pm

I had no idea what Cover Girl was either – I’m taking the description directly from the database here:

“Specially designed for active young women, Cover Girl is a digital friend that adds a touch of glamour to your busy day-to-day. Elaborated in collaboration with professional female writers, Cover Girl provides qualitative and interesting content which you customise. You decide the content of your magazine in accordance with your desires and interests :
    Get your daily dose of fresh air with funny facts on love & men, life tips, mini-games, horoscopes and tarot reading, fashion trends…
    Play addictive & fun mini-games to have fun any time of the day
    Discover unique & fun tools like the Sex-o-Meter, Manlation (a fun translator for explaining male behavior), a size converter for shoes and clothes… “

Cringles88 15 October, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   57

2nd week without a demo? Suppose all the big release are coming out within the next 2 months. At least we have UC2 to keep us busy!

unleashsteve 15 October, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   58

It’s good seeing the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite deal continuing, and i think people may be tempted at that price. (Although i bought that one on UMD already!)

Lack of PSP games this week is pretty disappointing, but eh- maybe next week?

Does anybody know if anything will be done about the outrageous pricing of the NIS titles? 29.99EUR for Badman is borderline, but 39.99EUR for Prinny is just crazy!

Guillemots 15 October, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   59

nice update!
I’ll pick RE5 Versus pack and .deTuned.
What”s about the “Buzz Space quiz”?

where’s obscure the aftermath?

TheKillerSnowman 15 October, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   61

childs update this week to :( no good update

marcindpol 15 October, 2009 @ 12:29 pm   62

WOW that’s great update!!!, thanks SONY!!! lol

‘Heads-Up’ ‘Sniper Shot’ ‘Ooooops!’ ;D

I’m getting ‘WipEout:HD Fury’ on Blu-ray this or next week(UK) ;P

My condolences go out to everyone who spent £200/225 on a PSPgo. No decent PSP or PSone games avalable for the second week in a row since release. Pathetic.

Will detuned work with music CD’s?

Blasteroids 15 October, 2009 @ 12:32 pm   66

Mike,

Please can you give an update on the Rock Band Track Packs that are STILL wrong??

TAKE-AWAY 15 October, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   67

Is the EU ever going to get it’s news ticker rolling? Nice update once again except for PSP go owners.

Blasteroids 15 October, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   68

Supid board, here is tiny URL..
Hopefully it will link correctly.

micromagic 15 October, 2009 @ 12:34 pm   69

Nice update. I’ll have the PJM Tiki guy dancing his way round my XMB in no time. That’s only for a few seconds though while I finding the Uncharted 2 game icon!!

LiquidSolid 15 October, 2009 @ 12:36 pm   70

Hey Mike,

Quick question. Is there any chance of an Import section on the PSN? This doesn’t really apply much anymore, since the PS3 is region free but there were a lot of great PS1 games that never got PAL releases (like Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics).

There’d probably be NTSC problems with ~20 year old tv’s but couldn’t there just be a warning beforehand.

Anyway, decent update, I might pick up detuned and Uno this week.

Cheers.

I asked about the prices earlier and if you really can do that it’d be really apprieciated, thanks mike, Your clearly made of the right stuff!

Heads Up Mikey, Cheers for the update news.

I gotta say really not feeling the love from Sony at the moment, where is the PSP go support, two weeks after launch and nothing in the update!

i’m 80% decided on ditching my psp now, i thought we’d get better support than this, if Smackdown 2010 and doesn’t appear next week i’m done with Sony and the PSP!

(Not ranting at Mike, just Sony)

To be honest it wouldn’t have mattered what the update was this week – I’m all about Uncharted 2 atm, what a stunningly amazing game, the single player mode blows you away! It’s better scripted, paced and acted than most recent Hollywood blockbusters and I love the ‘self-aware’ humour used. Also thank god for a splash of colour to give my HDTV a workout beyond the usual brown/grey pallet. As for the 7.1 Linear PCM soundtrack – wow!

Having said that I will pick up .detuned out of interest!

P.S. If you’re planning another ‘lock in’ Mr Kebby could you let me know, I missed all the fun last week as I didn’t check the blog again after I finished work – a midnight reply, what a legend! lol ;)

I trust today’s update will be posted in good time though, to quote a former US President… “There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on… …shame on you. Fool me — You can’t get fooled again.” ;)

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:44 pm

I don’t want a ‘lock-in’ tonight that’s for sure…I am out of the office tomorrow, so once I leave tonight I won’t be back until Monday AM, so I don’t want a repeat of last week :P

Mike, do you remember that old “I saw this and thought of you” ad campaign that the Royal Mail used to have?

Well, after the events of last week…

I saw this and thought of you ;-)

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:45 pm

I want, I want! Donations for the fund can begin now, just send your cheques…okay, better stop there before I get into trouble ;)

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 12:39 pm   75

Hmm, i guess you made a pretty good excuse there, Kebby :p

i Aint bought anything for 3 updates now :(

Mike i heard there was gonna be DLC for the new Dragonball Z game soon after release is that true?

Also Evils for you having uncharted >>

Soulblitz 15 October, 2009 @ 12:41 pm   77

Hey Mike,

Will GTA Chinatown Wars be hitting the store next week? If so, will it be with the standard update on Thursday, or will it be added on Friday?

Thanks for any info :)

Wasn’t Smackdown vs Raw 2010 demo supposed to be available today?

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 12:43 pm   79

Glad to see the .detuned love peeps.

Mike Kebby: Have you got to mess with it yet? I’ve seen plenty of vids and pics of it on one of the biggest demo resource sites out there: “pouet.net”. Basically you’ll sometimes see the guys who made .detuned floating about on there, “farbrausch”.

Can’t wait to mess with the “calodox” elephant head man!

WORD!

HiddenAway 15 October, 2009 @ 12:44 pm   80

Thanks Mike, I’ll stay well away from Cover Girl then :P.

mike . hope you can pass this on m8 but anychance u could float idea of a playstation home dynamic theme as i took a screenshot with home camera and set it as wallpaper and it looked stunning but heres the catch , it actually makes you wanna use home more and was thinking a dynamic theme off home square with avatars walking abt would kinda bridge that gap a tad between home and the xmb . appreciate it if you could thanks

MadmanButter 15 October, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   82

I take it we’re not getting Oddworld next week then Mike? :( Unless you just missed my question about it being locked for the 21st of October.

I was gonna order a £20 PSN card too >_< Before the RM strike…

Carnivius_Prime 15 October, 2009 @ 12:45 pm   83

.detuned might be an interesting lil quirky thing hopefully in the way Linger in Shadows was. I might get that. And yeah I’m a bit too busy playing Uncharted 2 since it arrived in my mail yesterday. Best game in a long, long time as far as I’m concerned and a true PS3 showcase.

TheSabreman 15 October, 2009 @ 12:46 pm   84

Eh snarky ? Someone is in a bad mood.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:49 pm

Not at all, just seemed like a needless last sentence that was all.

For the record, yes I have worked retail around sales time too.

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 12:47 pm   85

taurus82: Seems a bit pointless tbh, as you can import cd’s directly to the PS3. But I suppose you could just wait and see. :D

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   86

I know there’s not a lot of content this week, but there are three games (and the WipEout bundle) does that really warrant a low post rating?

Not moaning, just asking :P (is not a post rating hound or anything, ahem).

@Scourgewood it’s just that the importing process (on my PS3) seems to cause skipping on some songs, which is probably the reason why the digital file created is a few seconds longer than CD.

mcwildcard 15 October, 2009 @ 12:56 pm   88

No special offers on standalone PS3 games at all?
That’s pretty poor show guys.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:00 pm

What a horrid psn update…
I’m really dreading that I bought a psp go.
Where the hell are all the good RPGs that are already out on UMD: Final fantasy crisis core, tales of eternia, Disgaea, Jeanne D’arc ?

Really Sony … this sucks!

Sincerely,
One unhappy psp owner ( still without free GT !)

ThePirates 15 October, 2009 @ 1:00 pm   90

Nothing this week at all :(

More PSP content is needed! My Go NEEDS more games :(

@ MadmanButter. Yeah the Oddworld games would be great if they were on the PSN! Mike are they Coming??????

mcwildcard 15 October, 2009 @ 1:01 pm   91

Oh btw, is there any chance we could have video previews of dynamic themes in future?
It’s tricky to decide whether to buy or not, without any idea of what we’re actually buying!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:03 pm

Yes, as mentioned previously, video previews will go up alongside today’s dynamic themes.

elburro-pg 15 October, 2009 @ 1:01 pm   92

wow, 250 Euros for my PSPgo and I cant play Crisis Core on it… Thx

I’ll probably get .detuned and one of the Dynamic themes, must google first for a preview so i can decide. :)

Any word on when the trophies patch for Flow will be available in the eu?

SiebenAuf 15 October, 2009 @ 1:02 pm   94

Hi Mike, any news on when Um Jammer Lammy is coming out over here? It’s been out for two weeks in the US already…

Thanks!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:02 pm   95

To those people asking about things I haven’t commented on – If I don’t respond to some questions it’s because I either don’t have an answer, or cannot say anything. I have tried to be vague in the past about things, and have had my fingers burnt, so please don’t think I’m being ignorant, but even saying ‘no comment’ can be taken by some people as confirmation of things.

I have to be really careful sometimes, and on occasions it does mean avoiding those questions completely :(

racedriving 15 October, 2009 @ 1:03 pm   96

No shop seems to list Wipeout HD on BD and it will be released the next days? Strange.

Will the BD need to be installed, and what size?

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 1:04 pm   97

Hmm not very nice, where are PSP games ? oh a game for little girl.. why not…

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 1:06 pm   98

“The range of content, and format, will vary from week to week, because of the launch of PSPgo we were concentrating on a few PSP titles for the moment (and PSone emaulations).”
Haha i loled…

Hi all. Thanks for the wonderful job with this blog! I just want to comment as a PSP go owner that I’m a bit worried about what to play when I finish Motorstorm. You’ll need to get more games up. Me personally would love some more RPG:s and Metal Gear. Please pass this on to whoever needs to know =)

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 1:20 pm   100

Mike i’m ok but those Special Offers are up since the last week. :p

epic fail. No offense Mike, but i really feel ashamed of being a european psp gamer. I wanted to add something more here but… ehh no idea. f**k this

PSPgo……to a store and excange it for a regular PSP and be able to buy games!
That solves a lot of comments.

Anyway, just lost interest in playing anything Fallout. Don’t bother to put the add ons in the store.

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 1:23 pm   103

It warrants the low rating when Mushroom Wars and UNO are stupidly expensive compared to the US, yeah.

$9.99 =/= E9.99, £7.99

JordanBlack68 15 October, 2009 @ 1:23 pm   104

Really unfair, I just bought the Call of Duty Map Pack and now they are reduced. :(.

Toothball 15 October, 2009 @ 1:23 pm   105

Re: The end dates (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/15/%e2%80%98heads-up%e2%80%99-playstation-store-update-15th-october-2009/comment-page-1/#comment-31606)

Yeah, that’s the part I was pleased to see. I meant more that I’d looked around for details in the past but previous updates had lacked them. I’m grateful to see that they have been included this time. So thanks.

topher2099 15 October, 2009 @ 1:24 pm   106

It says online that the 3rd DLC for Red Faction is out , but its not showing up on my PSN store… why is this? :(

ima sad panda….

and what is this about fallout 3 update? is it for the GOTY… and what is it supposed to do when available?

appreciate you time

-T

topher2099 15 October, 2009 @ 1:24 pm   107

was said to be out oct 1st… btw lol

Roxas598 15 October, 2009 @ 1:25 pm   108

Suppose thats a IDK :(

1 last thing mike NiS was on the blog mentioning the disgaea PSP games i don’t suppose a date has been said about those?

Cool, I shall be buying detuned :D

Solid_Snake1987 15 October, 2009 @ 1:26 pm   110

Any chance you know when Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is released Mike? NIS’s blog post just said the next few weeks and listed a load of games. Been waiting all week for the update, but it’s not there. Don’t mind if you don’t know, cos I at least know it’s coming, just it’s nice to know from which date I’ll lose a load of my life! :)

SyncroUK 15 October, 2009 @ 1:27 pm   111

Mike, any release date news on Hustle Kings? Thanks in advance.

Ok i got one. Where in the world do we have to kneel down and beg for being allowed to buy something? Europe

slayerking69 15 October, 2009 @ 1:32 pm   113

@ Mike
Why would I pay $450AUD for a pspgo, Then log onto the store to only be able to buy a very limited amount of games when all of them should be on there?
The classics too, Each week people ask in huge amounts where they are and are told its up to the publishers then when someone asks about the publishers they get told sony are working hard to get them on there, So which one is it? We also ask if anything is coming and get told yeah but can’t tell you or give a date. I’ve learnt to take this as no we don’t have anything coming.
I don’t want to offend you with this post but your bosses really need to pick up their game! people screaming for things to buy and they don’t give it is seriously wrong for business, I find it hard to believe these publishers don’t want their games on the store to fatten their wallets.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:36 pm

The publishers are responsible for releasing their classics onto the store, and we are responsible for Sony published games. I am trying to help both 1st and 3rd with getting content onto the store, hence the “we are working hard on getting them on the store”.

SMITHY-C 15 October, 2009 @ 1:32 pm   114

i have been a playstation gamer since the ps1 nd i have a ps3 at the min i was just wundering why is playstation selling all there gd playstation games to xbox ? nd y r we not buying any of there games? nd where is the new gran trismo for playstation3 i bin waiting for ages. nd how cum playstation have nt geting any new episodes for grand theft auto 4? i just wont to know wot is happening sum 1 reply plz lol

Mushroom Wars has grabbed my interest, but that’ll have to wait until i’m done with Uncharted 2 & Demon Souls, so it may be a while :) It’s an average update, nothing special really. Ignore the moaners & keep at it, your work is appreciated :)

“Posted on 15 October, 2009 at 1:02 pm by Mike Kebby
If I don’t respond to some questions it’s because I either don’t have an answer, or cannot say anything.”

This could be one of those questions, but I always feel compelled to bring it up if only for it to be put in your stats/feedback.

Consistent/Fixed Ex Rates = Happy PSN users! Look at how your competition do it and apply the same model, it really is that simple (ok I know it’s not that simple, but here in “customer is always right” world it is!) – € should be less than $, and £ should be a bit less than €.

I know you say it’s up to publishers, but change the rules! Critter Crunch last week was £6.29/€7.99/$9.99 vs the usual (overpriced) £7.99/€9.99/$9.99 conversion. This week we have Wipeout using a different €/£ conversion than other Sony published items, so it’s not even consistent by publisher! £1.59 for a Guitar Hero track is a ripoff too, but then I’d expect that from Activision (even though all tracks for both games are $1.99 in the US).

Have a read of this ’10 ways to improve the EU PSN’ article – http://bit.ly/yWnxd, I don’t agree with all the points, but it is the type of feedback you should be seriously considering…

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:37 pm

It is indeed one I cannot touch.

Also, thanks for that link – I’ve already seen it and it’s definitely interesting.

SyLaR__GrEy 15 October, 2009 @ 1:34 pm   117

These updates are getting worse. Seriously. Was hoping for Ratchet and Clank demo or a decent (non Disney) PSX title. When are Sony going to actually LISTEN to what their customers want? They really have no clue.

golden_gun83 15 October, 2009 @ 1:35 pm   118

Where are the demos????? With so many top games due for release before the Christmas period you must have a few demos locked away for us all to have a bash at, Assasins Creed 2 maybe???? There must be something for us, please MIKE

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 1:38 pm   119

I’ll be maintaining radio silence for a while, got a lot of work to do before I shoot off for the weekend – I will pop by a bit later though, so will try and get through some more comments later on.

This week I will be mostly playing Uncharted 2. (Arrived yesterday and I’m really enjoying it).

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 1:40 pm   121

Slayerking69 100% true…
Few industries in the world lose money by refusing cash of consumers who want to buy from them… Sony do.

Magenof1 15 October, 2009 @ 1:45 pm   122

Mike, just a normal question that shouldnt be to hard to answer.

When is the next big batch of psp games hitting the psn store? You should know right? Just a “in x weeks” is all I need, not the “it depends on blabla” cause thats just crap.

Oh and on a lighter note, enjoy your day off tomorrow! Are you going anywhere nice, or is it just to spend some quality time with Uncharted 2 and the Fallout 3 DLC? ;)

I’ve actually got next week off with nothing special planned, so I may end up spending unhealthy amounts of time in front of my PS3! If I get through enough of my gaming backlog (so many games so little time!) I may even be tempted to pick up the Fallout 3 GOTY edition and see what all the fuss is about…

P.S. do you have a Twitter feed or PSN ID like Jem or are you not into that kind of stuff? For someone I spend so much time ‘talking’ to each week I know very little about you, I have a preconceived idea as we all do when speaking to someone anonymously, but I’m intrigued to know how close it is to reality – you could be a 52 year old father of 4 with a bald head and glasses in reality!!!

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

Lots of Uncharted 2 multiplayer, and yes will crack on with Fallout 3 DLC too – am I that obvious? :P

I keep threatening to start using Jem’s twitter account, but I may also set my own up too – something to think about for sure.
    (I’ve sent you an invite on PSN by the way).

PhantomOfOpera 15 October, 2009 @ 1:47 pm   124

Can someone clarify at what time the update is going to go live as the last 2 weeks has not been done in a timely manner?

halljames 15 October, 2009 @ 1:48 pm   125

For those with a PSP. You really must get this new game thats on the store. It looks so good, I almost wet myself :)

I shall be downloading it tonight as soon as I get in. So instead of playing FIFA 10 and Gran Tourismo, I shall be watching my PSP screen and maybe occasionaly press the odd button, if required.

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 1:48 pm   126

Mike Kebby

do you have a eta on the update yet?
about what time can we hope to see it

wiiman07 15 October, 2009 @ 1:51 pm   127

So when there is no new content SCEE will just recycle what is already on the store but just at a cheaper price? If thats the case thats just a kick in the teeth.

unitedkronos 15 October, 2009 @ 1:52 pm   128

Thanks for the answer, Mike, Sonic Rivals was one of the few series I was afraid might not appear on PSN.

BellEvil 15 October, 2009 @ 1:53 pm   129

Hi guys!

Concerning Cover Girl, is it a magazine you have to pay only once? Does its content change every day? every week? month?

Bye!

ShinMegami 15 October, 2009 @ 1:58 pm   130

I simply don’t understand your strategy with the PSP Go.
I bought one on first day, and have filled up my PSN account so I could buy a lot of games… but come on: Cover Girl???? [DELETED]????

I think a lot of people would love to spend money on the PSN, but this is ridiculous. Last week was A Bugs Tale and this week Cover Girl? There are about a billion of good PS1 games and good PSP games (where the hell is Jeanne d’Arc?).

Really don’t understand what are Sony’s problems. It’s just a goddamn file which you have to upload on the PSN and that’s it! Isn’t it?

Just don’t be surprised if people pirate the games. I’ve been able to play FinalFantasy8 two years ago on my Custom Firmware PSP. What’s taking so long?
Just get the deals with the developers and roll up!!!!

Lol PSP GO owners…

6 months Sony have had to get PSP games ready for the launch and all we get is this [DELETED]? Cover Girl? [DELETED]?

bandoors_ksa 15 October, 2009 @ 2:03 pm   132

hy Mike any news on FO3 Operation Anchorage?

please reply

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 2:04 pm   133

halljames we found the best PSP game.

I was looking forward to UNO and was surprised there was no info on the blog before it’s release. Now I know why.

No XMB music.
No camera support.
No Elimination mode.
No friend invite system.

Not sure if I’m shelling out £7.99 for this now. How hard is to support this stuff (considering a certain competitor has these)?

twinkle123 15 October, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   135

The ongoing lack of content for the PSPGO in europe is in my opionion disgraceful,didn’t sony promise something like 225 games at launch and how many did we get something like 20.

Doomtrain5 15 October, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   136

Hey Mike, any news if any games will be added to the PSPGo rewards section or is the list final now.

Now to count the seconds to Uncharted 2

slayerking69 15 October, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   137

Thanks Mike ;)

DsupremeR 15 October, 2009 @ 2:17 pm   138

I just checked the store and did not see the Luminous pack. Am I doing something wrong here?

mike3648 15 October, 2009 @ 2:19 pm   139

Hi Mike-this blog makes great reading on a Thursday! I’m picking up Uncharted 2 tomorrow, so looking forward to that.

Any ideas on when we can expect DLC for Uncharted 2 AND some new maps for Batman Arkham Asylum?

Hope you have some info-thanks. Mike in Ireland

twinkle123 15 October, 2009 @ 2:23 pm   140

mike kebby said

…………………………………………………………..

the american store dont seem to have the same problem
could it be they actually planned for the launch.

Hi! I looked over the PSN Store and I didn’t see Call of Duty’s map pack 1 under the special offers topic nor Resident Evil 5′s versus mode. When I looked under the Game Addons folder, they both held the normal price tag. What’s wrong, or am I just blind?

Hey Mike,

First off, nice job on all the replies here. I really like that kind of responsiveness. Greatly appreciated.
Now at the chance of sounding like a broken record, I was wondering if you might be able to fill us in on a release date for the first batch of Fallout 3 DLC for the Netherlands. (or any other EU area thats not the UK)
I’m quite baffled that it’s taking so long to get this online, as i’m sure there’s loads of people waiting for it, and there is no foreign language in any part of Fallout 3 (not in the dutch version anyway, its even got the same BLES code as the english version)
Any comment on this would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the good work

NuMiQ

its only scee losing money with ps1 games not being on store so im over it now tbh

CRASH_911 15 October, 2009 @ 2:34 pm   144

Thanks Mike for the update!
One question, is the special offer Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 1 been submitted to the Saudi Store?

Roxas598 15 October, 2009 @ 2:36 pm   145

Mike sending invites

and i wasn’t one of em

Well i never *Humph*

:P

twinkle123 15 October, 2009 @ 2:37 pm   146

mike kebby said
There are over 160 PSP games available on the store at present.
…………………………………………………………

i am aware of how many games there are on the network but that was not the point i was making.sony promised 225 games at launch we got 20 or am i wrong?

Do you know when Critter Crunch is getting released?

Also any news on Hustle Kings.

almighty-slayer 15 October, 2009 @ 2:42 pm   148

Mikeyboo is sending out PSN requests?

Where’s mine? :p

Hux1ey-uk 15 October, 2009 @ 2:45 pm   149

Where the heck are the classic PSOne games the rest of the world have had for the best part of a year?
To say you have no control is to treat SCEE custommers with contempt, Does Sony have no sway anymore?
Pathetic let down as ever. No wonder Microsoft is gaining a lead in sales week on week.

How can I make them put Jeanne d’Arc up as one of the downloadable PSP games?

I can never find a decent priced UMD version y’see

Spurvugle 15 October, 2009 @ 2:49 pm   151

I want demos =O

Why is there 0 demos in this update =(

i_just_lold 15 October, 2009 @ 2:49 pm   152

Ugh…another useless update, I won’t be spending my cash on anything this week, even with the tempting special offers.

C’mon, where’s Silent Hill, RE2 and 3, MGS1, Tomb Raider 1 and 2, FF Tactics…C’MON!

Croopnick_PL 15 October, 2009 @ 2:50 pm   153

No demos :(
but…who cares! I play Uncharted 2!

SpiderMike_X 15 October, 2009 @ 3:00 pm   154

@ Mike

Woe be tide if the update is late this week. After last weeks shenanigans I reckon our PSN users can literally smell fear and taste blood, now.

I personally found the reaction hilarious, but not the event itself.

This must NEVER happen again if you wish to receive your monthly backhander :-D

SeparateEntity 15 October, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   155

I want PSOne classics. If the Oddworld games are released in the US only, I’m sure there will be an uproar. I hope we see some of the missing games soon.

ShinMegami 15 October, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   156

to everybody: mike is not responsible for the delays, bad psn updates, etc… look at him as a contact person to Sony. so be nice to him.

fallout dlc missing in some countries: write an email to bethesda!
finalfantasy8, xenogears: write an email to squareenix.

mike3648 15 October, 2009 @ 3:03 pm   157

lol@twinkle 123

No demos :(,is there coming COD6 beta?

Dynamic themes from Pixeljunk monsters and bowling etc.? Crappy games all of them. How about a Uncharted 2 dynamic theme? Seeing as it is THE game everyone plays and talks about. I am very dissapointed in the selection of dynamic themes so far, you only put out ones for all the little crap games.
I would pay for a Uncharted 2 dynamic theme, thats for sure!

Amherst_Wind_4 15 October, 2009 @ 3:07 pm   160

The updates not great but, as you said, its all about Uncharted 2 this week! My collecters edition copy from GAME arrived yesterday so I’ve already finished the story but now I need to get all those medals and finish it on Crushing! I’ve only played 5 online matches and they ALL rocked, especially co-op that mode is insanely hard even on easy! I wouldnt mind playing some co-op with you Mike, it’d be nice after everything you do for us, to do something for you, like save you from being strangled by a merc. :)

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 3:09 pm   161

This has nothing to do but do someone know why there are no dynamic thèmes on PSP ? Yet the original one is dynamic no ?

@ShinMegami
I thought i was being quite polite in my kindly asking if Mike were able to clarify on the whole Fallout 3 thing.
Also i’m quite sure that the problem would not be with Bethesda, as the disc versions are the same for both the Dutch and English versions of the game. So i was simply wondering if Mike had anything to share with us on like the time it might take, or the specific reason this dlc has not been released. I figure it could be ratings or something like that, and i doubt Mike would get in trouble for revealing this.
Its just nice for people to have an idea when they can expect their DLC they’ve been waiting for for a while.
Other then that, as said before… I like Mike!;)

“Posted on 15 October, 2009 at 2:23 pm by twinkle123
the american store dont seem to have the same problem
could it be they actually planned for the launch.”

Just because the right to publish a game on the PSN is available in the US, doesn’t mean it’s the same for Europe. I’m not saying it’s right, I’m just saything that’s the reality of the situation…

“Posted on 15 October, 2009 at 2:40 pm by Naeeni
Do you know when Critter Crunch is getting released?”

Critter Crunch was released on the Store last week! ;)

TheKillerSnowman 15 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   164

when does the new avatars com out?

i have a suggestion, maybe you could pass it on mike.
scee should go to the companies that own the rights to the ps1, and even psp and ps3, games and ask them if they can put them on the store, scee can obviously put them up without any help from the companies as proven by the silent hill fiasco, instead of waiting for them to ask if they can put their games on scee’s store.
you know, like actually go out and actively try to get the content instead of sitting back passively waiting for it to come to them, which is exactly what it seems scee do.
if that’s an incorrect assuption, well i apologise but what else am i supposed to think?
look at nintendo, they have all the problems sony have plus the added issue of the games originally being from another company’s console.
if nintendo can overcome that surely we should be able to expect better from scee.
how about trying to get some of those titles that never made it over here the first time round, like parasite eve, xenogears and final fantasy tactics.

oh and the need for speed videos still don’t work, i just tried downloading them and it still just downloads the png image file of the icon.

TheKillerSnowman 15 October, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   166

where can i buy Alien – Resurrection to ps one? i wanna have that game again :(

@162, nah it not, it was released in US but isnt here.

apnomis, can you explain why nintendo puts out so many retro titles from theirs and other company’s machines, at least one a week most weeks and sometimes two or three, while scee can barely manage 1 a month.
nintendo have even more red tape but obviously better scissors, or more skilled people handling the scissors.

Psicojacorral 15 October, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   169

We will see if the update will be on time…..

vicheous 15 October, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   170

Quote 162: “That’s because America is ONE Country with ONE set of rules – SCEE is many countries, with many laws, lot’s of ‘red tape’ and lot’s of differences in publishers/licences/content owners etc.”

I tought America was a continent!! I think US or USA is the country… ;-)

nerdlegend 15 October, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   171

Eh

Still not avatars
Not many PSPGO games , come on you should be releasing like 3 or so a week
No demos i can understand
1 PS1 game

I sort of fear what the video store going to be like……

Average update could be worst , get the devs on the phone say you need content :P

i thought america was two continents
north and south america.
but then i was never very good at geography.
oh and scea handle canada and south america so that’s not just one language and one country.

Hux1ey-uk 15 October, 2009 @ 3:25 pm   173

Lumines Holiday pack fantastic, Except we have to pay for it whereas everyone else in the world got it for free!

SiRobertson 15 October, 2009 @ 3:27 pm   174

.detuned woohoo! Sold. Thank-you Mr Mike. :)

that’s scee for ya.

vicheous 15 October, 2009 @ 3:30 pm   176

Hopefully today’s update will not be as late as last week!
I wanna play UNO!

Swede_78 15 October, 2009 @ 3:31 pm   177

Buzz – Space Quiz! sounds promising :-)

But since I am currently playing both Uncharted 2 and Gran Turismo PSP I probably won’t have much time to try it just yet.

And then we have Ratchet & Clank and EyePet around the corner…

In terms of games, this autumn is fantastic :-)

geddesmond2 15 October, 2009 @ 3:31 pm   178

Every bodys golf 2 is 12.99 euro on a special offer. Wow that has to be a mistake because I bought that off the PS Store last year or the year before for 4.99 euro and I’m after checking my download history from my account on the PS site aswel and there it is Everybodys golf 2 4.99.

Wow what’s up with that

Mike, could you comment if the relative lack of PSP games is a ‘hangover’ from the effort needed to do the big update for the PSPgo launch? Are you seeing things coming down the pipeline or in your discussions with publishers, that might point towards a general improvement in that situation as we move towards Christmas?

yay another crap update i keep wondering why i keep my hopes up hey mike why dont you guys specify what region gets what considering everytime i check for the stuff i want and it’s never there i am starting 2 wonder why we european even picked ps3 over xbox360 considering we get treated like crap anyway the american store gets all the good stuff were still waiting for metal gear solid 1 and resident evil i keep wondering what’s sony europe excuse we get every game english anyway

TheKillerSnowman 15 October, 2009 @ 3:33 pm   181

i’m happy to not have a psp :) i dont like psp

latukone 15 October, 2009 @ 3:38 pm   182

Hi and thanks for great update!

And now for something completely different:

Please make it possible to add FREE videos ( trailers and such) to shopping cart so that I can start downloading them on one click. Why would anyone want this? Slow internet connection speeds, that’s why. When I download some trailers from PS Store,I can download it on background but the rest of the shopping experience takes a hit because of this. So like with games that can be put to cart and downloaded on one go, make the same for vids too. Thanks.

and friday is fanboy kiss their arse day?

hey mike, any chance you could look into the problem with the nfs vids.

BiosNova 15 October, 2009 @ 3:38 pm   184

Hey Mike

If you’re up for some Uncharetd 2 multiplayer send an invite my way ;)

Skookie30 15 October, 2009 @ 3:40 pm   185

mike this is the BEST kick critical hit to the nads update EVER (sarcasm)

all eyes now on scea-blog & that woman what her face.

but it not all doom & gloom never fear nathan here. :D

TheKillerSnowman 15 October, 2009 @ 3:45 pm   186

i’m going back to sleep and wake me up when some good updates com to the store.

that’s a great idea latukone, being able to put videos and the like into the basket and set them all downloading together when you’ve finished would speed things up a bit.
as it is it can take a while, you have to press the download button, wait for the screen to select the download location to come up then wait for it to start downloading, after preparing, then wait till you can download in the background.
doesn’t sound like much but it can seem interminable while you’re sitting their waiting for it.

@186, see you when you wake up rip :)

twistedintoform 15 October, 2009 @ 3:50 pm   189

one of the many problems with the old ps1 games is that they never had any digital distribution rights in the first place (because 15 years ago they weren’t required). these may be difficult to acquire for a number of reasons, especially when you’re talking about 25 different territories.

as regarding the wii’s virtual console – “Nintendo employees have reportedly speculated that licensing issues will be a predominant factor in determining whether a game is available for Virtual Console” giving the examples of GoldenEye 007 and Tetris as games that might be too expensive to license for the Virtual Console.

i might add, in japan there’s over 500 games for it, compared with just 300 for europe, so clearly there are issues for everyone.

hey number 181
conidering the crappy updates we are getting we sorta have the right 2 complain don’t forget it’s their job 2 bring us stuff sadly they keep sucking at it you know they need our money so i like 2 look at it from a logical view better updates means consumers spending more money considering i al most have every game on the ps3 i’d think they welcome it considering the way the ps3 is doing

twistedintoform 15 October, 2009 @ 3:56 pm   191

no, there’s not a public CoD:MW2 beta.

if i get another psn spam message about it, i might have to start grief reporting people.

twisted, the eu vc may have less then the us vc but that’s like a little stream’s width compared with the grand canyon seperating scee and the other sce regions.
nintendo manage to put out one or more games just about every week, got two last week a snes game and a master system game, while scee can barely get out one a month.
i doubt any of the master system games had any digital distribution right originally either but they’ve had plenty of those on the vc.

Nothing for me this time …

considering all the thing i read here i doubt sony europe is going 2 improve over the year i think that 10 year life cycle off playstation 3 would outrun the PSN updates sony europe is putting out in short we could better wait till ps4 by the time that console is out they should have enough content but that’s also kinda unrealistic

What an disappointing update again.

That makes it 3 weeks in a row now?

Wildsleven 15 October, 2009 @ 4:12 pm   196

why is there no real games for the psp yet? i mean yes there are 160 games but how many of them are good…? well in my opinion i can only name a few..

but anyways thanks for your hard work mike, keep it up

Raider197 15 October, 2009 @ 4:13 pm   197

This is kind of odd and I doubt I’ll get a reply, but would it please be possible to get a refund on Battlefield 1943? I bought it over the weekend but haven’t been able to get into any games, so I’ve kind of lost €12 :-(

Kyo_Daikun 15 October, 2009 @ 4:14 pm   198

Nice update mike, im just about to buy mothership zeta for fallout 3 as I have pretty much finished the wonderful point lookout.

Will buy mushroom wars after I have finished that and zombie apocolypse!

the trouble is with the ps4 we’ll have a whole new set of content we’ll have scee making excuses over.
and they could always make another flimsy excuse to delay the console in europe to remove an important feature just for us.

Chrisalddin 15 October, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   200

geddesmond2 (post 187)

ummm no that everbody golf 2 was PS1

this one at £9.99/€12.99 is PSP game only and come out 2007/8
same game name here but in usa it called Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2

true they also screwed us over with the ps3 considering the japanese ps3 is almost a 100 procent backwards compatible where as we lack it in our ps3 even america got the better ps3 with this i mean the first model i’dd like them 2 atleast put a label on the content so we can see where it is going 2 be released the dutch psn is like a graveyard it’s practicle useless with a ten year plan you would work hard 2 get back into first place xbox360 might not have many exclusive games but atleas they got more classic games then we have

Gamer-Gladiator 15 October, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   202

Hey, So, is there any chance of the Ratchet and Clank Demo’s this week.
Please reply :D

s0602277 15 October, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   203

ya know, i thought i bought a ps3 to play um…. ps3 games, not ps1 games… if you all love ps1 why didn’t you keep the games or the console? i did. strange some people, really strange. oh, and if you don’t like the update, shut up and play some other games, and HazelAM, you keep referencing nintendo, so leave us and join them.

Kimokima 15 October, 2009 @ 4:33 pm   204

Well, one PSP-Game. Wonderful. It’s like saying “Who cares about the idots, that buy PSPGo @ release”. THX Sony

number 203
i never owned the ps1 i played all those games on pc i’d like 2 replay them and just because hazelAM is making a comparison with nintendo way that they are even more effecient than sony europe aan everybody is entitled 2 their opinion even dumb people like you

i like it here thanks, and yeah i like ps1 games, i still play them a bit.
i would like to play them on my psp as well, but with scee that’s not possible.
i would say if you don’t like what people say in the comments you can shut up, but you can say whatever you want because you don’t matter.

when is the first beatles rock band dlc pack coming?

number 204 i feel the same i got the pspgo i was like now i can put ps1 games on it and some psp games but nothing good is released i am still waiting on persona for psp ans some other psp titles that looked cool well i am not expecthing any ps1 considering all they crappy updates i am seeing i am still wondering where all the stuff is that sony europe said was released in europe but never got on my region psn store

Spudnickator 15 October, 2009 @ 4:39 pm   209

Hey Mike! Last week I asked if you knew anything about when the Ratchet and Clank demos are being released and you said you’d have to ask if you could say anything, so my question is, are you allowed to? :P

Magenof1 15 October, 2009 @ 4:40 pm   210

how can Sony keep ignoring these bad feedbacks people have been giving …

actually I agree with you Magenof1

Its not fair IMO to harass Mike about it, but I do think it would be good to get some official statement from SCEE PR on their expectations for the PSP DD content

i keep wondering it myself number 210 it seems like they don’t care will be the awnser

LukeEllis 15 October, 2009 @ 4:42 pm   213

Hey mike, wondering when the ratchet and clank demo is out? :)

fish1001 15 October, 2009 @ 4:43 pm   214

i still think you should have a set time on a friday to publish. this is gettin silly now. i can remember when it used to be before 3(soundin old) plus there aint much this week. lol

Magenof1 15 October, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   215

@post 214:

They first gotta beat the playstation store a bit before it can take in crap like The Little Mermaid II :)

Hello Mike, any news on the game invincible tiger, i would like to try that one…?

looks like mike gone home.
half day on the biggest day of the week for his department, must be nice.
just kidding mike. :)

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 4:50 pm   218

lol, yer evil, woman! ;)

Skookie30 15 October, 2009 @ 4:50 pm   219

how many of you have played FFVII on psp & broke a world record best seller on psn.

it‘s a ps1 game you know, & talk of rpg‘s plz mike/scee get lunar 1 silver-star complete & lunar 2 eternal-blue they be great on psp. it was make by game arts & publish by working design

it was release in the usa in a big thick box with music soundtrack & stuff it was a ps1 game

but it 1st come out on sega-cd in usa, it like our mega-cd mega drive sits on top of the cd player. oh happy days so yes it be super on our psp. :)

i know scourgewood, evil is so much more fun :)

number 219
you don’t make any sense so just shut up your not making any usefull points come back when you do just calling us children won’t make us shut up and i think hazelAM makes some good points it’s not like he is telling lies a lot off european customers feel cheated over all the updates that america and japan are getting just look at the damn ps1 list it just makes any european playstation fan cry

any ps1 game on the psp would be great they are even better than the psp games that are upcoming with the exception off metal gear solid for psp that was awsome

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 4:56 pm   223

219: I’d have do disagree with you on the last part. I’m not exactly sure how PS1 games can can be deemed unplayable. There are quite a few classic PS1 games I’ve never played and would love to.

Blasteroids 15 October, 2009 @ 4:57 pm   224

Oh, no reply as to why Rock Band Track Pack prices are STILL WRONG!
Is this being ignored on purpose? I wonder HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF thinking that these “track packs” are cheaper when there are soo many that are over-priced DESPITE the store saying packs are cheaper. Is that not false advertising?

if you’re talking mega cd, how about snatcher, a classic konami game, think kojima was involved in making that one.
i actually have a copy somewhere, no instructions and scratched but boxed and working.as for rpgs i wanna see parasite eve on the store, the original not the sequel, which i have on disc.

just ignore 219
he probably never played any good games on the ps1 so that’s why he called them unplayable there is a reason why the ps2 came out because the first one was such a hit

cybertaylor4 15 October, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   227

thank god i got silent hill 1 before it was taken down because of COMPLAINERS!!! man i wish i was born in the usa

it’s the games that makes the console it’s no use 2 have a console with no great games look at the xbox it sucked cause it had no games if sony keeps making us wait for games they said would be released over psn they would soon follow the way of the xbox

cybertaylor4 15 October, 2009 @ 5:02 pm   229

ps nice fallout dlc killin aliens yay and i hope resident evil comes our way and dosnt get bombed out of the shop like silent hill

s0602277 15 October, 2009 @ 5:04 pm   230

219.

How does that last part make sense? I’ve played MGS, Resident Evil, FF7 etc, I guess I’m too busy enjoying all the new games to bother with them anymore.

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   231

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Read the whole forum, as this will save you from bombarding Mike with the same questions. He might pop in later to answer a few questions, but after that, he won’t be back until monday.

s0602277 15 October, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   232

Just playing them now….well, it’s best if they’re remembered as they were when they came out.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   233

I’m not ignoring youall , I’m busy – sorry I can’t stay and play this week.

Store should be updated soon.

Have a good weekend all.

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 5:09 pm

I feel I’ve shot myself in the foot by having over 100 responses in the past two weeks – I’m not always going to be able to commit to that level of responses on a regular basis (though I will try).

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   234

Magenof1 : parce que nous européens on pue…

i_just_lold 15 October, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   235

Why don’t Sony stop giving us useless content that most of us won’t play for long/buy and listen to peoples’ feedback?

Hmm~, maybe like a Demos section? Which I believe is highly requested now.

number 232
you make it sound like a bad thing maybe he would finally do something with the comments like read them and give a awnser that makes sense 2 all their european users you know none off that it’s the developers vault you can’t really expect us 2 believe it’s always the developer even their first party games are getting a later release date on the european psn

number 233
these days most games suck they are either 2 short or have a story that has been done over a hunderd times with little tweaks considering they were originel when they came out in the old days they feel less off a ripoff than all these high end graphics with repeat storys

was hoping for more psp games being added…
Can you tells if there is going to be another massive psp games update? I just got my pspgo and am waiting on a number of good games that are UMD only at this point.

I might pick up Mushroom Wars not sure yet

Hux1ey-uk 15 October, 2009 @ 5:22 pm   239

No comment on the Lumines stuff that is free for every other store?

Virthuall 15 October, 2009 @ 5:24 pm   240

And the PSP GO games?????

OscarSeymourEsq 15 October, 2009 @ 5:24 pm   241

Can’t seem to find .detuned :(

Skookie30 15 October, 2009 @ 5:25 pm   242

yes hazel the great man hideo kojima made snatcher, i love that game a cyber-punk rpg i remember the old style age rateing we had

3 red cross & a green tick for a 18+ rateing (hmm wonder mike remember that) however snatcher was censored a bit for the uk & EU the jap saturn remake was naughtier,

we never know what gillien wife said about gill walking in on the gal takeing a shower & yes that bit was in uk version but believe the jap version had more lol :o

Virthuall 15 October, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   243

UNO where is it? i dont see in the spain store

ASB_JATT 15 October, 2009 @ 5:30 pm   244

I’m wondering if you could improve the PS3 [Internet Browser] it isn’t that much fast and its not activating websites such as Facbook Twitter and more. I think it needs to catch up 2.0 internet websites because most are and it’s giving me lots of problem such as freezing so if you can fix this im proud of you Sony. I know this topic is not related but there is one way too cry out for help and its much better than ask help than be quiet and problem that interfears you….

s0602277 15 October, 2009 @ 5:31 pm   245

@238

I’d agree with that to an extent, but we only need to look at Uncharted 2, GTAIV, Mirror’s Edge, LBP, CoD MW2, Valkyria Chronicles, Oblivion and Borderlands to see that there are some pretty original and innovative games around now. All we really need is The Last Guardian and Heavy Rain to show the future is still bright, even if the last two will be lost amongst average reboots like you mentioned.

Will the recent DLC for Midnight Club: Los Angeles be coming to the store soon?

i don’t look at gtaIV as a great game it’s been done like 5 times as for CoD MW2 is kinda no improvement on the first one only innovative games that are released are from unknown developers with little resources 2 show their vision like demon soul it’s like a game that isen’t that much hyped as it is a great game with cool online feature that innovative and a great art style sadly it’s being overshadowd by games like COD MW2 and assasin creed 2 witch i kinda think is like a repeat they would probably not have much 2 offer in gameplay and story

beardyweirdy 15 October, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   248

poor mike you get so much abuse by the way if happen to know when Naruto or Bleach games are coming out for the psp go let me know send me message across the psn cause ill probably forget to log back on here

we aren’t abusing him we just like 2 tell the truth even if it might be harsh it’s like a wake-up call we know won’t help don’t worry if we woulden’t say those thing some other ppl will or it might just be we have a lot off free time on our hands

Poor, poor update.
Is anyone actually gonna get cover girl??
I really don’t understand why they don’t release Dissidia, they’d make so much money off it, i’d download straight away, providing it was <£30

Mike Kebby 15 October, 2009 @ 5:52 pm   251

STORE IS NOW UPDATED.

Ziggy-Moff 15 October, 2009 @ 5:55 pm   252

Wow!, was about to buy Mushroom wars BUT noticed it has no online play at all, i mean the makers ripped of Galcon in every way and then left out the one thing that makes Galcon great, the online 4 player mode.

Sorry, not going to buy it now, devs Galcon is all about ONLINE (check out the website) so to rip it off and leave that out is just plain stupid, i mean good god, even Galcon on the iphone has 4 player online so to not have it on a PS3 is just LOL.

@ Naeeni, Sorry my mistake I was getting mixed up with Comet Crash! Comet Crash, Critter Crunch, easy mistake to make don’t you think? ;)

@ HazelAM, I’m not saying I agree with the process, I’m just saying that Sony run their business differently to other console makers. Sony operate 3 major submissions – North America, Europe and Japan – and if it passes one it doesn’t mean it will pass another, or even be submitted by a publisher.

Unless you work for SCEE you can’t presume to know how easy it would or would not be to bring out PSOne classics or other PSN content, especially when basing it on the publishing process of a completely different (and predominantly 1st party) organisation! And if you did work for SCEE you would be bound by an NDA so you didn’t discuss it. I’m sure they don’t hold stuff back on purpose just for the enjoyment of watching people moan about it on the forums and I doubt it’s as easy to fix as clicking their fingers and saying “right now we have a global submission policy”…

Tntnnbltn 15 October, 2009 @ 6:08 pm   254

Mike,
You said in reply to #33 that today’s dynamic themes will have video previews. I just checked them on the (Australian) store and didn’t see a preview option?

SamuraiClarke 15 October, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   255

Dear Mike,

Where is MGS1? :(

I don’t think it should take this long to get onto the store.. or does Konami/Sony not care? :(

post number you just made me rofl well this gone be my last post seems mike getting MachineGunned from all positions he probably gone be dodging bullets till next week when he probably will get nuked

Gamer-Gladiator 15 October, 2009 @ 6:21 pm   257

So, there’s no R&C demo! I CANT GO ON!

No video previews for the dynamic themes in the UK store either :( 3 of the 4 premium themes at least have some screenshots.

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 6:38 pm   259

Well, what can I say Mike! .detuned is a complete oddball! Love it! Have fun with it. :)

apnomis, you’re right, i don’t know how hard or easy it is for scee to get ps2 games on the store.
but i know the problems scee are facing nintendo will face with the added complication of many of those games being originally released on a different company’s console, yet they still manage to outdo scee’s output by a very large margin.
maybe they just have a different way of doing things, maybe they’re incompetant, maybe somebody really is trying to sabotage the ps3 in europe.
i don’t know which option is true, and frankly i don’t care, the end result is they’re not doing a good enough job and things need to change.
that is true no matter what the facts are.

Psicojacorral 15 October, 2009 @ 6:58 pm   261

I must say thank you. You had learn from the past weeks

AceAssassin 15 October, 2009 @ 6:59 pm   262

when can we get rid of the gray boxes on the friends list i just want an avatar or a update that wil turn it off r sumthin. and i really dont think people are goin to pay for a picture unless it gets rid of the gray box completely besides that they will be crap if it just turns the boxes into a picture i think people were hopin for sum 3D avatars i dunno i just want the gray boxes Gone

Arlanthir 15 October, 2009 @ 7:01 pm   263

Thanks for everything, Mike!
See you Monday, or next week.

Arlanthir 15 October, 2009 @ 7:02 pm   264

(that came out stupid, I meant next Thursday)

Morten_77 15 October, 2009 @ 7:05 pm   265

I just paid £9.90 for Quest for Booty, having played through it in about 3 hours, my confidence in PSN content has dropped considerably, and it would take a lot for me to buy anything off it again. I also won’t be buying the next full Ratchet&Clank game as I won’t reward being taken advantage of in this way.

.detuned from farbrausch is quite cool, a healthy dose of respect from me for supporting such a diverse creative outlet that is the demoscene, i hope you will bring us some more little well priced gems from this talented resource, thanks.

Not having a go at you Mike, but as someone who owns a PSP Go I have to say I feel pretty misled by Sony. The device was supposed to get support, but so far we’ve had very little on the store and ridiculously expensive pricing for what is there (compared to the US store, which is well stocked and much, much cheaper). £32 for Prinny? In what universe?

It simply isn’t good enough. I didn’t shell out over £200 to have very little to play on it. If it weren’t for Motorstorm I’d have barely touched it.

Thank God I’ve got my 3000. Unless the situation changes by the end of the month I’ll sell the Go and keep the model which actually has a decent selection of games available for it. Doubt I’ll be the only one either.

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 7:11 pm   268

K-8-O: If you want to know about any upcoming products from the Demoscene on the PS3, keep yer eyes peeled on “pouet.net”. You’ll hear it there first!

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 7:13 pm   269

Err and how many games were available on the PSP’s very first release day? There were a few, but not as much as the Go tbh.

Scourgewood: thanks, i’m already logged in there since many years now ;) Just wanted to show my appreciation to Sony for supporting us :)

Where is Justice League Heroes (the american store had it for go launch) and when will we see Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops?

The chances of a reply to this is slim but i would love some reason for owning my go!

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 7:19 pm   272

What’s yer handle K-8-O?

Scourgewood you should be able to figure that out from my username here, i use this abbreviation on irc aswell :)

Scourgewood 15 October, 2009 @ 7:24 pm   274

Duh! lol

I should try and get back on irc again, I miss you guys. ;)

Hmm nothing for me this week. I’m waiting for Critter Crunch

TheSabreman 15 October, 2009 @ 7:27 pm   276

Good post 261.

Captain-Ultima 15 October, 2009 @ 7:38 pm   277

Nothing worth getting for me…again, sure hope they would get dissidia and crisis core to the store soon as those not being there are the only remaining reason for me to not switch to PSPgo.

HenrikWL 15 October, 2009 @ 7:44 pm   278

Nothing for me in this update, I´m afraid. :( Oh, well. There´s always next thursday.

Blasteroids 15 October, 2009 @ 7:58 pm   279

Emu Response…

test

.detuned is freaky cool had to get it as i enjoyed linger in the shadows. Also the pixeljunk monsters them rocks its taken over LBP theme :D

@Scourgewood: Yes, but the original PSP was a new console. The Go is the same thing minus a UMD drive. That’s really not an excuse.

Sony and developers knew the Go was coming months ago, and so far we had the update on launch and last week’s minor update. Why wasn’t the store prepped and ready months ago? The games will work on all models, so it’s not compatability that’s the problem.

The US store had over 100 titles at launch. SCEE were either unprepared or unable to supply a decent flow of games, and when we’re paying more for the unit than anywhere else in the world, that’s even more of a slap in the face.

Again, not a go at Mike, I admire the man, but as a paying customer I am entitled to gripe about the current state of affairs, which is extremely poor to say the least.

KennyKawai 15 October, 2009 @ 8:35 pm   283

There’s no surprise there’s no new PS Classics. We don’t get any here in Europe T_T. Although I have heard the Silent Hill is coming back to the store ^w^ and it better be because the American Store has it so why can’t we? ¬.¬

FFObsessed 15 October, 2009 @ 8:41 pm   284

Had to rate this update 1/5.

Hope I didn’t crush your spirit Mr Kebby.

Can’t wait til we finally get those PS1 titles… *sigh*

A guy can dream…

“There must be lights burning brighter somewhere
Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue
If I can dream of a better land
Where all my brothers walk hand in hand
Tell me why, oh why, oh why can’t my dream come true
Oh why”

Michelasso 15 October, 2009 @ 8:43 pm   285

Can anyone explain me how 5.99€ for Sim City 2000 can be a “special offer”? Also thanks God there are the PSN cards now. I just ordered 1 £20 card for £15.95 from Zavvi.co.uk so I will be finally able to download Broken Steel for Fallout 3. And THAT only. What Sony can’t do, the free market does. Was that so difficult to enable EU credit card in the UK PS Store? Yes, I do have the British version of Fallout 3. 40 euro instead of 75 as I saw in some shops. Oh, I imported Demon’s Souls as well. “sorry” for the bitterness, but I have the right to.

Smegzilla 15 October, 2009 @ 8:51 pm   286

I am extremely glad I wasn’t suckered into buying the PSP Go. It’s turned out exactly as I envisioned; very very few games, most of them old or not very good.

I can’t understand why SCEE weren’t prepared for the launch of the PSP Go. Don’t try to tell me they were well prepared because it’s evident that wasn’t (and isn’t) the case. Very poor show, SCEE. Being a gamer in Europe/UK/AUS isn’t easy!

Nothing for me in this week’s update, but not bad on the PS3 front, just terrible on the PSP front which I thought would have been properly catered for given the circumstances.

Finalhearts54 15 October, 2009 @ 9:08 pm   287

Obscure : The Aftermath is on the Store if you enter the title into the “research” icon.

Sorry for the English, I’m French ! Lol.

TheIsotope 15 October, 2009 @ 9:31 pm   288

Boooo no FF8…..oh well atleast I know its coming hopefully soon :)

Stud_Kick_Ass 15 October, 2009 @ 9:38 pm   289

Hey Mikey, what exactly is .deTuned? Isn’t it just another version of VidZone but costs money?

I need a reason to buy it (If it’s any good).

Cheers.

Covenantt 15 October, 2009 @ 10:06 pm   290

Finalhearts54 lol exact !

dogtanian84 15 October, 2009 @ 10:23 pm   291

Mike any chance we can get the Afrika dynamic theme on our store? I just seen a video of it on Youtube and omg its great!! Had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Also anyone after cheap PSN cards head to the Hut you can pick em up for £15.75 for a £20 one.

Have a nice weekend.

Hey Mike, do you know anything about the Oddworld game coming to the store

DOM_PNE33 15 October, 2009 @ 11:02 pm   293

Any ideas when more psp games will get put on the store? and if the new f-1 game will be available when it is out of course.and any news on when oddworld is available? thanks!

likescake 15 October, 2009 @ 11:11 pm   294

Ratchet and Clank demo next week?

Dutch_Rootsman 15 October, 2009 @ 11:20 pm   295

Still haven’t received my GT code. I downloaded the theme on October 2, nothing.

This is a horrible update. I have Uncharted 2 so I’ll deal, however this isn’t good news for PSPgo owners, 3 weeks in and the flow of games has stopped. I bought a PSPgo expecting a constant flow of quality digital content. SCEE = FAIL

Gotta say i fully agree with people being misled about pspgo its a joke really can you imagine the ipod coming out and itunes having 160 games total , no movies or songs lmao . £225 yet scee charge way more than a boxed game too gotta say any1 who bought a go is off their head i knew sony would let users down with games

i_just_lold 15 October, 2009 @ 11:56 pm   297

This week’s bull is all I can say. Why do America have all this great content and leave the whole of Europe with crap?

p.s if you feel letdown by scee then vote and comment only way higher ups will get feedbk

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 12:47 am   299

“how many of you have played FFVII on psp & broke a world record best seller on psn”.

@acetone – most of the 100 games added to the US store at the launch were already on the UK store, they’d been added in dribs and drabs before that when the americans got little. there are over 200 pieces of content (games, demos, minis, PS1 games, etc) for the psp on the UK store, the difference in *quantity* from the american store isn’t that big.

@i_just_lold – and the americans on their blog complain about not getting stuff we already got (they still don’t have trine for example). *shrug*

David_Ec_225 16 October, 2009 @ 12:55 am   300

is there any chance of spyro the dragon being released in an update anytime soon?

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 1:02 am   301

@hazelam – umm, you conveniently neglected the fact that i stated that the VC in japan has 500 games compared with 300 in europe, and decided to compare it with the US. the fact that the difference from the US is small is irrelevant, i’m merely pointing out the fact that nintendo also has wild variations in content among the three regions (eg. 126-83-68 nes games). you troll about this every week in regards to the differences in sony’s regions and yet holding up the vc as a shining example of the way it should be done is somehow ironic.

Where is Tetris for Australia? The whole world has it except Australia. Also, this is a Store Update?

This is poor. Sorry guys. I bought a PSP Go and I have no games for it. What a waste. No wonder EB Games will not stock the PSP Go in Australia, we get nothing.

Finalhearts54 16 October, 2009 @ 1:41 am   303

Covenantt –> Exact pour l’anglais pourri ou pour Obscure ? Lol. En tout cas c’est limite de foutre le jeu sur le Store à l’arrache sans qu’il soit même affiché dans “Nouveautés” ! :-S

Translation (lol) : This is strange to put Obscure into the Store and not to show it on the “News” page !

FluxZero 16 October, 2009 @ 4:03 am   304

Might pickup a dynamic theme, although I was tehre was some way to preview them before purchase otherwise nothing really for me this week. Which is kinda good considering all the full retail games heading our way. Although I would have liked to see something for my go

BalramRules 16 October, 2009 @ 7:22 am   305

???

Skookie30 16 October, 2009 @ 8:10 am   306

“umm.. no. the biggest individual game seller on psn is battlefield 1943, which has sold around 600,000 copies if i recall (not sure if that’s just for psn or psn and xblm).”

FF7 sold 1 million within 1-2 days i read about it not bad for a ps1 game.

btw if you wanna get cheap easy way to get trophies get detuned within a half a hour or sooner you get 100% of trophies.

& lastly today is friday its U2-AT & FO3-GOTY for me day, enjoy yours as well ppl. :)

muzzar69 16 October, 2009 @ 8:58 am   307

first off i must thank ND for making the best game ever released.
seriously, i dont know how you guys do it, but each game raises the bar even more.
congratz.
now can i suggest what should be your new game?
crash bandicoot.
yea, i know ND no longer owns the rights but where theres a will theres a way.
BTW mike, when are we getting the R&C demo?
its out in 10 days and still no demo :(

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 10:23 am   308

“FF7 sold 1 million within 1-2 days i read about it not bad for a ps1 game”.

err, no. FF7 has solid in total 100,000 copies across all regions on the PSN.

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 10:25 am   309

and thanks skookie, i’m picking up my copy of uncharted 2 in two hours. :) i’m easy fodder if anyone sees me in multiplayer. :D

and you twistedintoform continue to ignore the fact that despite having every difficulty scee have nintendo also have the added issue of games not originating on one of their own consoles yet still putting out 1, 2 and sometime 3 or more games a week while scee can barely manage one a month.
by the way, yet another ps1 tomb raider has been released in the us while we’re still waiting for one, this british game that cannot be bought in europe.
maybe i’m wrong in expecting a decent level of service from any company i spend my money with, but i know you’re wrong for defending their failures.

maybe i should start talking about the arcade.
about how almost all those titles get released worldwide the same day, and every single one has a demo.
and don’t tell m,e “ms doesn’t have to localise the games into all the eu languages” because it seems neither do scee, or have most of europe still not got the fallout dlc?
i’ve said on the forums the best way to uncover a liar is to spot the inconsistancies in their stories, well scee is full of them.

Covenantt 16 October, 2009 @ 10:46 am   312

Finalhearts54: Non exact pour Obscure t’inquiètes pas. :)
/mode_français_moyen_jamais_content_tellement_qu_il_rale
Clair se foutent bien de nous, un exemple, ce site contient même pas le français, donc on trouve JP & US > UK !! > EU & AUS > FR & petits pays européens que les japonnais et les américains ne savent même pas où ils se trouvent sur une carte tellement ils nous prennent pour de la daube tellement on pue tellement il faut parler anglais seulement sur ce blog(SARKO inside héhé blagounette) . :)

Pigoldino91 16 October, 2009 @ 11:28 am   313

When will Final Fantasy VII?on Thursday there will? please answer me..

vicheous 16 October, 2009 @ 11:47 am   314

Thanks for .deTuned!! I completed it in 15min now working on Uno!

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   315

@hazelam – i’m not ignoring it, they’re simply different models. sce and nintendo (predominantly 1st party) may have different business objectives, simply flodding the store with ps1 shovelware every week isn’t in the best interests.

you continue to presume that it is easy to re-publish and/or to acquire the necessary rights to games despite being told on several occassions that it’s not. tomb raider may have been developed by a british company, but its publisher (at least in europe) is now owned by a japanese company. acquisitions, mergers etc. require vasts amount of legal documentation especially in regard to transfer of rights.

i have a question for you?. if the rights were acquired for re-publish and digital distribution for the UK, should we wait for the french, the germans,…? or vice versa if the UK is more difficult should they have to wait for us?

as for xblm, they aren’t trying to re-publish 15 year old 3rd party xbox games. their submission process is different for content, it’s not true that all content is available in all territories, but yes you’re right that it does seem to have fewer discrepancies.

twistedintoform 16 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   316

and regarding the fallout 3 dlc, microsoft had an exclusivity deal with bethesda on the dlc. without knowing the full details of the deal, it’s hard to know if that would be a reason for why it’s not available in certain countries. yeah, it sucks, but they obviously wanted the ms dollars more than the psn money. all you get from their website and forums is that it’ll be coming elsewhere eventually..

nickjd331 16 October, 2009 @ 12:18 pm   317

Hi mike, just thought i’d mention two things I just noticed in the store. Firstly the .deTuned description says [enter address here if going on packaging]. Secondly the buzz quiz pack says it takes up ???MB of space.

Just thought you might want to know.

ABcasidios 16 October, 2009 @ 1:32 pm   318

When will Zombie Apocalypse come to Europe? I saw it past week on the US Store and I couldn’t buy it

capitancogorzas 16 October, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   319

I’m a spanish user of psp go and I wish to know if sony will do something with the poor downloads for psp. I want to play titles in concrete, for example “final fantasy crisis core” and I can’t play with this game because is inavaiable in playstation store… my question is… what happened with the usuaries of psp go?? we have rigths for play the same games of the fisical stores or not? I’m waiting for an answer… thanks for your attencion.

did any off you guys see the american PSN update all
the stuff we get plus 100 times more stuff i don’t get it howcome sony america can get the job done and get the users what they want and sony europe just makes up excuses and gives us all the crap we don’t need one thing i can say sony won’t be console N1 this gen not with the kinda crap they keep sending us i know i am being harsh but this is no way 2 threat your fans

post 316
they may have made a MS deal but it’s kinda weird that almost all playstation region has the DLC even the dutch store doesen’t have the DLC and we still missing a lot off stuff sony europe said was released in europe

When will Portuguese store receive the Fallout 3 DLC?

forgetting my opinions about whether or not scee are competant or NOT i still have a problem with the store, the need for speed videos will still not download.
clicking the link just downloads a png image file.
this will be the fifth, i think, time i’ve reported this, but don’t worry i know scee have trouble with videos so i won’t expect it fixed before november, if at all.

and wasn’t there supposed to have been previews of the new dynamic themes?
well i don’t see any.

Scourgewood 16 October, 2009 @ 5:17 pm   325

Surely this is the wrong forum to be venting frustration at SCEE. Surely there are more direct links to SCEE themselves, rather than putting it in Mikes shoulders.

JSYK

twisted, the reason the fallout dlc is not available for most of europe because it’s only in english.
if the new policy is to release the english language content when it’s ready then there should be quite a bit more content coming.
maybe part of the deal to get the fallout dlc on ps3 was that scee actually release it this time, unlike with oblivion, bet you ms used that as a bargaining chip when trying to buy exclusivity on the dlc.
“we’ll let you release the dlc in europe, sony wont”
and in answer to your question, yes, when it’s ready it should be released, even if the english language version is last to be finished, at least that way somebody in europe will be able to get the content instead of nobody.

we are not putting it on his shoulders we are only stating the obvious
they keep saying stuff that they can’t promise it’s kinda like propoganda if i wanted 2 hear that i could just put on the news HazelAM is just saying what is true they keep saying 2 much and most off it just a lie atleast their other NA and JP isen’t about talking big with updates they just put it out look at NA update it’s just ridiculous i am missing content left and right at my regions store it’s just annoying that everytime you see a update and wanna check for that game or content it just isen’t there while other country’s get advantage over other it’s like the other country has more ppl so they give them most content and the other country is 2 small lets give them less just because you get less money out off them

KoldStrejke 16 October, 2009 @ 7:31 pm   328

OK Sony I Have Had Enough Waiting.

Please Release Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2 for PS-One Classics.
Now that GT-PSP has come out. theres no real resone not to release them. i am sure all the GT fans would agree. even if you release the GT2 discs as seporate file.sOne File(the arcade Disc). Second File(The Sim Disc) theres ample memory stick space now adays.

Pigoldino91 16 October, 2009 @ 7:58 pm   329

When will Final Fantasy VII?on Thursday there will? please answer me

bandoors_ksa 17 October, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   330

Hy Mike please don’t forget about us ok :D

joaommp13 17 October, 2009 @ 7:38 pm   331

I got this from another forum:”Bethesda decided not to release the DLC for the following countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain and Switzerland”
Can somone tell me if this is true?

wieso kein god of war für psp für die deuschen das unfer

Hux1ey-uk 19 October, 2009 @ 11:52 pm   333

Still No comment on the Lumines stuff that is free for every other store?

I`m a bit sick of the lack of proper support for the PSPGO in the EU.
And so are the two out of three custommers who traded their GOs back in today. I`m not getting anymore of these things into my store. As I`m sick of of the crap support. (dont get me started on the so called reps that got sent to the store on release day)

i see america got gta: chinatown wars yesterday.
I still have both my old psp3000 and pspGo, i like my Go, but i’m sick of it being unused.
I don’t know play my umd games on my old psp or sell them and wait? silent hill:origins, mgs portable ops, tales of eternia, star ocean 1&2, cc: ff7, ff1&2.

psOne Wishlist:

-both oddworlds
-heart of darkness
-silent hill
-metal gear solid
-resident evil 1&2&3
-ff VIII&IX
-chrono chross
-legend of mana
-diablo

With these games released no iphone or any other cellconsole_wannabe would have any chance with our psp’s

ah i forgot Vagrant Story, another BIG classic

Carmanen 20 October, 2009 @ 10:48 am   336

Hi Mike! I was wondering what you said about Obscure having some issues with it cause i found it on Store through searhing and i downloaded it and it works. But i have noticed that it has been removed now from Store so was this faulty that i downloaded and if it was, will Sony refund my 30 euros?

fish1001 20 October, 2009 @ 11:05 am   337

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha still postin on a tuesday lol

Scourgewood 20 October, 2009 @ 11:45 am   338

Diablo? PSP? EPIC!

Pigoldino91 20 October, 2009 @ 11:46 am   339

When will Final Fantasy VII?on Thursday there will? please answer me……..

you do know those oddworld games are only meant for the american psn not the european if i am correct we will probably never see any off those games sony promised for ps1 they will only be released on the US store considering sony europe sucks so much in getting things done you probably don’t need 2 get your hopes up for any ps1 games this year maybe not even next year i give it a 2-4 year delay considering how fast sony europe is