Posted 12:02pm

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (22nd October 2009)

Afternoon all; second post of the week, sick of me yet?

We have a varied offering of content this week, but the big news is that we’ll have Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars available for download on Friday! Also available on Friday is the release of the full game Hannah Montana: Rock out the Show, as well as four packs for the game too. That’s not all for the PSP this week however, as we also have WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Marvel Superhero Squad, Astro Boy and G-Force available for you. The latest mini title is also added to the store, in the shape of Red Bull X Fighters.

For the PS3, the demo for NBA 2K10 is ready for you to try, as well as the first packs for EyePet (which is released in stores this week) so you can start customising your pet with some new content already. There are also free packs for Midnight Club Los Angeles and Cross Edge, and as usual more content for Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

We also have two new dynamic themes available this week, for the titles EyePet and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, and trailers for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Dragon Age: Origins.

We’ve also added new titles into the Special Offers section this week too, with the full rundown of al content listed below.

As usual, you know where to find me…

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

• Riff Everyday Shooter (PS3) (£3.99/€4.99)
  • SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99)
  • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)

Demo (free)

• NBA 2K10 PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

• EyePet
    • Wild West Styling Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
    • Lucky Dip Pack 1 (free)

PEGI 3+

• Midnight Club Los Angeles – Police Car Pack (free) PEGI 12+
  • Cross Edge – Power-Up Pack + (free) PEGI 12+
  • Guitar Hero 5
    • Freeze Frame by J. Geils Band (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Lay It On The Line by Triumph (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Show Me The Way (Live) by Peter Frampton (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Classic Rock 2 Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

• Rock Band
    • Another One Bites The Dust by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • I Want It All by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • I Want To Break Free by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Killer Queen by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • One Vision by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Somebody To Love by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Tie Your Mother Down by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Under Pressure by Queen (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Queen Pack 01 (this pack contains all the above tracks) (£9.19/€11.25)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• DC Universe Panel Screenshots Trailer
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Story 2 Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins City Elf Origins Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dalish Elf OriginsTrailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dwarf Commoner Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dwarf Noble Origins Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Human Noble Origins Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mage Origins Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Sacred AshesTrailer
  • Dante’s Inferno Limbo Dev Diary

Dynamic Themes

(animated themes)

• EyePet Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Wallpapers (free)

• FIFA 10 Wallpaper
  • LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Wallpaper

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

• SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99)
  • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (£29.99/€34.99) PEGI 18+ (releases on Friday the 23rd of Oct)
  • Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 3+ (releases on Friday the 23rd of Oct)
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (£31.99/€39.99) PEGI 16+
  • Marvel Superhero Squad (£29.99/€34.99) PEGI 7+
  • Astro Boy: The Video Game (£23.99/€29.99) PEGI 12+
  • G-Force (£29.99/€34.99) PEGI 7+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Red Bull X Fighters (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

• Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

• Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show – (releases on Friday the 23rd of Oct)
    • Musician’s Wardrobe Add-on (free)
    • Hannah Montana Fashion Add-on (£1.19/€1.49)
    • Moment Maker Effects Add-on (£0.79/€0.99)
    • Rockstar Stage Props Add-on (free)

PEGI 3+

• Rock Band Unplugged
    • All I Want by The Offsrping (£0.99/€1.49)
    • The Rock Show by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Wallpaper (free)

• LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Wallpaper

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

552 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

AcidCrashX 22 October, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   1

weeee update! thanks Mikeface!

hmm.. shame no Zombie Apocalypse this week.. next week you reckon? :)

oh i also tried to look at the dynamic themes from last week and couldn’t find a preview area? is that happening?

thanks dude ^_^

Really bad no ps1 classics and GTA and SvR2010 werr high for psp £30 :-( stupid mike are there and ps1 classics next week?

(speaks Tibetan)

Genesis811 22 October, 2009 @ 12:04 pm   4

No Abe? or FF8? :-(

werr > well ^.^

No ratchet+clank demo :( not that i need a demo for that game but would have been nice before it comes out next week.

Hey, Mike!
Allow me to be the first of many to ask if their is anything you can share regarding release of Final Fantasy 8? :)

- Neil

Callofduty1 22 October, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   8

WHERE ARE THE PSONE CLASSIC GAMES MIKE ?????????? castlevania MGS suikoden the usa store are getting ODDWORLD AND EXODUS TONIGHT

Noisepurge 22 October, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   9

does the new dynamic themes have a preview function? atleast please give us screenshots :(

Was hoping the Oddworld stuff might be up, but I’ve got a second playthrough of Uncharted 2 planned anyway so I can wait :)

Critter Crunch?

yourlegaldealer 22 October, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   12

I second AcidCrashX – any signs of having a ‘preview’ of the dynamic themes in the future? Cheers boss.

richard4481 22 October, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   13

Cool nice update , any news on SOCOM:Confrontation Cold Front DLC and when it will be released ( Im guessing you don’t know but worth a try :D )

AcidCrashX 22 October, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   14

hey mike, can i slap these people who keep asking for PS1 games?….. >_> starting to get on my nerves….

another crap store update for psp go owners , where is dissidia and crisis core ???

sintax-error 22 October, 2009 @ 12:07 pm   16

I thought we were going to get to revisit Oddworld today? [Sad Face]

Woot. EyePet DLC….and free at that.

Good stuff.

What happened to the Ratchet demo that was supposed to be out today?

HiddenAway 22 October, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   19

I know Mike will get bombarded with the usual questions (Where’s FFVIII? Where’s the PS1 classics? Where’s game xyz? Why are the prices so high? etc.) so I’ll pick something different to keep him motivated :).

1. Any idea if MediaGo is being ported over to Mac?

2. Any idea why the preview in MediaGo for Ape Quest goes to an echochrome trailer?

3. Do you have a list of what games you have previews for?

There. Shouldn’t be too hard ;)

halljames 22 October, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   20

GTA Chinatown, whoo Hoo. shame its 29.99, but still a must have

unitedkronos 22 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   21

No Oddworld love for Europe then? I guessed so. This is getting depressing, I really want to avoid registering for an American PSN account just to get a decent selection of PSone Classics. A decent update, but not much I’m interested in.

Callofduty1 22 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   22

MIKE i got PES2010 ps3 from argos for £23.49 its in the post on the way arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh i was wondering if i can get konami/sony to sue argos for sending it standard mail yesterday thanks

Where is Final Fantasy 8. Is europe going to get the animated comic for Uncharted like in the US.

And on another note. Downloaded Madden 10 for the psp because it isn’t on umd in the uk for some reason, and the URL for the game manual is wrong on Media Go, just though you might want to change it.

Bloody_Marcel 22 October, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   24

Are we getting Dynamic Themes video previews this time? Last week it was said they were in… but they weren’t. Curious about the EyePet one, but I wont buy blindly.

xHeatherx 22 October, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   25

Thanks for the update :)
I’m very interested in the EyePet dynamic theme and add on content! Can’t wait!!

Rob_Velocity 22 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   26

Eurogamer are reporting that Abe’s Exodus and Abe’s Oddysee are being released……

Jiminy_Cricket 22 October, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   27

Nothing for The BEATLES: Rock Band??

That seems… odd.

Callofduty1 22 October, 2009 @ 12:13 pm   28

is anyone else waiting for pes2010 in the post?

AdyColclough 22 October, 2009 @ 12:14 pm   29

Wouldn’t have minded seeing a Ratchet and Clank demo, not that i’m not going to buy it, just nice to see before hand. Love Thursdays when you add demos….oh hum, see what Vidzone offer up later.

onlineatron 22 October, 2009 @ 12:14 pm   30

Hey Mike… Like your new avatar… it would be really REALLY cool if we could change our Avatars!

So…

No -Abe
-Critter Crunch
-Ratchet Demo
-MGS
-Zombie Apocalypse

Also.. add on content for a game that’s not even out yet… SHAMEFUL!

onlineatron 22 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   31

Also.. NO Abbey Road??

TheKillerSnowman 22 October, 2009 @ 12:15 pm   32

there is only 2 good games in the playstation store. i wounder when the good games are coming to the store.

lulufeena 22 October, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   33

so mike wheres ff8? your few weeks have become 3 so far, come on work your magic.

also any news on these ps1 titles?
tomb raider 1,2,3,4 (on us store)
breath of fire 4
alundra (on japan store)
vagrant story and legend of dragoon (on japan store)
mgs1 (on us store)
resident evil (us store again)

or downloadable psp games
ff dissidia, ff crisis core, tales of eternia, tales of the world, psp go owners are missing out on jrpgs :)

Rob_Velocity 22 October, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   34

I wonder how many people here are Sony shills. I mean, it’s a terrible update with no new games and sees us continue to lag behind every other PSN store and yet people are cheering?

Hi Mike

I would like to suggest that the playstation network team standardize previews for purchasable content on the playstation store.

2 or 3 screen shots to go along with the product descriptions (similar to the back of physical game cases) would certainly make me (and I would assume others) more willing to spend money on a game/content I haven’t heard of before.

please do this if possible, I believe this would be a good idea.

Any word on fixing the botchup of the Fallout 3 DLC on the NZ store? We still don’t have Operation Anchorage, and Mothership Zeta has disappeared.

Any kind of information you could provide would be better than the silence we’re getting at the moment.

rob_dee81 22 October, 2009 @ 12:19 pm   37

not a single full game for PS3 to download?? im usualy happy with the update but this one is very dissapointing. Basketball and eye pet ?? id rather poke out my own eyes and feed em to my fish.

Hi Mike

I know this is not your area but maybe you can lead me in the right direction.

I got the Uncharted 2 Collectors edition off GAME but the code for the golden guns does not work. I emailed Sony and they say contact GAME. I did that and they said contact Sony. It seems the code only works in the UK so Irish consumers didn’t get it. There was no warning on the site saying it would only work for UK consumers.

Any help will be much appreciated.

AcidCrashX 22 October, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   39

@ Rob_Velocity

as surprising as it may sound… some people play different games to you ^_^

GTA:Chinatown Wars for the PSP isnt something i would call ‘terrible’ (but i would call it expensive!) as well as Smackdown and a couple of dynamic themes. I’m guessing you weren’t back in the days of updates that consisted of trailers and wallpapers.

Well at least next week NIS have said on the twitter page we will be getting Disgaea 1 and Dragoneer’s Aria next week, no Disgaea 2 till feb 2010 though.

Hey Mike,

Still havn’t changed your avatar to Sully yet? ;)

It’s a shame not to see any PS1 classics hit the PSN Store this week. I am longing for Wild Arms 1 & 2 but alas it’s not to be yet.

Any news on when the Ratchet and Clank demo will be up on the PSN?

Virthuall 22 October, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   42

No Abbe’s, no Ratchet Demo? bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rob_Velocity 22 October, 2009 @ 12:25 pm   43

@ AcidCrashX

I’m a PS3 owner first and foremost and it’s games for that system that I care about. I do own a PSP but because the games you mention are available elsewhere for much less, I don’t consider the EU PSN store a realistic option for buying PSP games.

NO Abe’s Exodus and Abe’s Oddysee makes me a angry bunny!!!!!!! >:-(

Any word on operation flashpoint dragon rising DLC? ta

Cringles88 22 October, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   45

I thought there was a R&C demo today, and a demo for Trine? Or is that for the American store:(

takedownkd 22 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   46

Where is the dragonball z raging blast demo??? 360 got it ?

Gavin_Rozee 22 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   47

I’ve got GTA: CW on DS. it’s great, but not great enough to pay £29.99 for a downloadable port.

I’ll be getting the EyePet Dynamic Theme. I should have the game now, but GAME.co.uk sent it via Royal Fail when it was supposed to be via Parcel Force. Retards.

rob_dee81 22 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   48

and the only recent PS1 game we get is a bugs life !!! and now this eyepet crap, i thought PS3 was a grownup console if id of wanted all this kiddie bull id of got a wii ………mmm but sony are developing a wii style wand remote thing ….o dear

Genesis811 22 October, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   49

I think Mikes’s hiding, As soon as he replys he’s gonna get abuse :D

umbrellabio 22 October, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   50

Hi Mike,

Yesterday you was asked a question about Zombie Apocalypse and you replied

“Not this week, but you should expect to see something zombie related the following week”

Tell me if I’m wrong but does that mean we might be getting the Resident Evil Psone classic?

Load all