Posted 5:02pm

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Celebrates Halloween With A Title Update And A Double Cash Weekend

The next time you start up UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves you will be required to download an update to the game.

Here’s the list of (most of) the changes we made. Some changes have been withheld to protect the innocent.

• Addressed respawn points when the artifact goes out of bounds in the Plunder gametype
  • Dynamically adjust the win condition for fewer players during the course of a match
  • Added features to deter players from voluntarily leaving during a match
  • Added rate limit to “When a Chapter is Completed” Twitter event
  • Fixed a display issue during letterboxing
  • Fixed Danish Trophy description
  • Fixed screenshot utility in standard definition resolutions
  • Fixed the “Players Met” list not displaying recent players
  • Addressed a variety of Multiplayer connectivity issues

BUT, that’s not all…

With Halloween on the horizon, we wanted to take this spooky occasion to announce that this weekend is also our first ever Double Cash Weekend in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. The Double Cash Weekend starts on Friday, October 30, 2009, at 6:00 PM GMT and continues until Monday, November 2, 2009, at 6:00 PM GMT.

Uncharted 2 CoOp Cloe & Drake Screenshot

In every match during Double Cash Weekend, you’ll be getting twice the Cash award you normally would for completing typical game actions – not medal-related currency awards – giving everyone a leg up in increasing their Rank for a limited time. That means this weekend is the perfect time to hop on to our Competitive and Co-op Multiplayer modes – whether you’re just a few levels away from the vaunted ‘X’ or this is just your first time online.

A bunch of Naughty Dogs will also be playing this weekend, so be on the lookout for the red Naughty Dog paw next to our PSN ID in the game and feel free to say hi, ask any questions or shoot at our characters. Stay sharp! There might be something spooky around the next corner…

Uncharted 2 Halloween

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

73 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

addyjones1234 30 October, 2009 @ 5:36 pm   1

get in there, ill be busy tomorrow night :)

Jack-Bauer-89 30 October, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   2

Will Uncharted 2 ever be patched to allow Standard definition TV users to take screenshots from the multiplayer?

Jack-Bauer-89 30 October, 2009 @ 5:43 pm   3

*clears throat*

didn’t see that…

*whistles*

Lol @ Arne

Great news :)
I really like multiplayer in U2 .

Awesome.

Double Cash should help to rank up a bit quicker. I think I’m at Lvl. 20 which isn’t too bad. =P

I really enjoyed the SP (best I’ve played) and the multiplayer is great fun. Thanks for making another fantastic game.

TobiUchiha 30 October, 2009 @ 5:47 pm   7

Very mature ghamdikh1, we all care about the who posts the first comment. Quick question, I know you said that some fixes would be withheld but this means a lot to me.

Has the single player and co-op freezing issue been fixed yet? I for one have come across the issue quite frequently and it’s the only flaw to an otherwise perfect game. If it hasn’t been fixed can you at least say whether or not you’re working on a fix and that you’re aware the issue exists.

lets play some multyplayer this weekend!! :D

will there be balancing in the matches, i’ve played matches that were totally unbalanced.
i was on one team where no player was over level 7, while two players on the other side were in the high 40s and there was also a 37.
that wasn’t even remotely fair.

oh and will there be a rewind option for the cinema playback mode any time soon?

Spurvugle 30 October, 2009 @ 5:59 pm   11

Nice ;)

Love the game XD

awesome!! hopefully i can finally get to level 40

Mike Kebby 30 October, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   13

Right I’m off home to log on and start collecting me some Naughty Dog scalps :)

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   14

And I was actually going to take a break from this game to get some other stuff done. Can’t let me escape the urge to keep playing can you?

Easily my favorite game ever and looks like I’ll be playing it most of the weekend too and make most of the double cash.

One thing. The Chapter complete twitter event. That has never worked for me. It’s all set to on and I get various twitter posts like finished game and reached level 25 in multiplayer and so on, but never seen chapter complete.

Arne Meyer 30 October, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

The chapter completion Twitter message was disabled until we were able to send out this title update which added a rate limit to that message.

Raider197 30 October, 2009 @ 6:03 pm   15

Brilliant! I’ll be playing some games tomorrow morning, maybe even later. My only problem now is that there’s no rewind function when viewing replays, will this be put in soon please? It’s annoying when I miss something and have to start the entire replay again :-(

Nice timing. I should have my platinum in a few hours. Then I’m ready for multiplayer all weekend!

Arne, can i add you on PSN ?

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:20 pm   18

Ok I just played a match after updating and I see the character choice has changed for halloween but I’m having a problem. I only seem to be able to fire once, then my character stands still and doesn’t respond to controls for a few seconds before I can move again. Don’t know what’s up with that.

Just read Fallout 3 won game of the year and Killzone 2 is PS3 game of the year. Can’t stand either of those games (especially Fallout 3. Worst purchase I made for PS3). Uncharted 2 beats both of those by miles.

What with Polish language Glitch in begining of HEART OF ICE level? Nathan Drake is speaking in other language for a while, is this also fixed?

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:27 pm   20

I tried playing another match and it’s happening again. Cannot move at all for several seconds after firing. Which in a multiplayer deathmatch especially where every second counts has killed the game. Looks like I’m gonna miss out on the double cash weekend.

Happy days cheers.

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:38 pm   22

$40,000 fine and reduction in skill ranking (from 26 to 25) cos I had to leave the match as my character control was broken? Harsh and unfair. First time I’ve ever had to quit a multiplayer game (‘cept for that co op mission where I got paired with a freakin’ moron who deliberately kept blowing up me and the other player with grenades and rpgs). I’ve reloaded the game now, but if I play again and the control is still screwed up am I supposed to just let him stand there til the match is over as to not get penalised again?

This is coool news!!!

I shall be playing when I have free time :D

Diablo_Rosso 30 October, 2009 @ 6:53 pm   24

Nice update ND. I got the platinum trophy so i’ll be using old Marco :D

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:54 pm   25

Ok. restarted the game and joined a match again. During the first match I just played I was on the villains team and played ok (wasn’t many of us actually in the match though). Second match it put me back on the Heroes team and it seemed ok at first but then soon enough again the character just started standing still right after firing one shot and not being able to move for several seconds.

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 6:55 pm   26

Can’t bloody quit without it fining me again. Least if I could actually play it properly I could make use of the double cash to get my level and cash back up quickly.

will take a break from my Crushing playthrough for this.

also will this fix the connection errors I keep getting in Co-op?

Clone_501st 30 October, 2009 @ 7:05 pm   28

Cool!

Andy-McK-4ever 30 October, 2009 @ 7:08 pm   29

Nice one. I’ll be playing a few games in a few minutes. Are there plans for more Double Cash weekends in the coming weeks and months

anonymus212 30 October, 2009 @ 7:17 pm   30

em , guys , i downloaded the krell canyon demo while i was playing ToD and now i am trying to install it . Once it gets to 14% i get an error (80029564) . How can i fix this ?

theshepanator 30 October, 2009 @ 7:39 pm   31

Great! Zombies? Halloween DLC or a zombie defence mode? I hope both! Maybe I’m beingtoo optomistic though? Love the multiplayer!

Oh yes just got that email, thankyou.

WillAllon 30 October, 2009 @ 8:40 pm   33

Why no custom soundtracks? There is absolutely NO music during online gameplay…

Sony should make it mandatory for all its online games. If Killzone 2 can do it, why can’t U2 do it aswell?

Andy-McK-4ever 30 October, 2009 @ 8:42 pm   34

@33 I don’t know about you but I’d rather not have 4 different songs blaring down my headset every time I play a match

Nagash_MalKaVian 30 October, 2009 @ 8:52 pm   35

the possibility to go back in replays without having to restart the full replay? would make easier to take great pictures.
__
fixing is allways a good thing.. and thanks for 2x weekend, I’ll play 8x more this days. hehe.

WillAllon 30 October, 2009 @ 8:52 pm   36

@34 ever heard of the mute option ingame?

Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2009 @ 9:06 pm   37

Just turn on yer stereo or mp3 player if you want ‘custom music in game’.

I still can’t play the game. Really annoyed with this character temporary uncontrollable glitch and on double cash weekend too. Tsk.

Arne Meyer 30 October, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

This is actually not a glitch, but something related to the online connections within the game.

I was already busy enough this weekend! :| Oh well :D

Cool thanks for this – do you have any plans to add support for HOME game launching? It seems a real shame that a popular game, with a popular Home Public Space, and a robust Party System for multiplayer, can’t have Home game launches link directly into an online party…

As for the fixes the only bug I’ve noticed is the letterboxing issue (where the black bars don’t meet the edge of the screen when 1-to-1 pixel mapping is enabled on an HDTV). Similarly there was also a little white pixel in the bottom right of the screen – it wasn’t there all the time, it flashed on when Drake turns in a certain direction. It’s a really minor thing but it was amazing how many times I noticed it – probably because I kept think I’d found a treasure!!!

toolfan2007 30 October, 2009 @ 9:28 pm   40

Sweet Shall be on tonight!!!

:Smiley:

Thanks Naughty dog!
I love the Haloween overlay.

Alex_Assassin_08 30 October, 2009 @ 9:32 pm   42

not getting the game until christmas (my girlfriend insisted on getting me it ^^)

so hopefully you guys will do this next year :)

KillScreen_ 30 October, 2009 @ 9:45 pm   43

Double experience, yey!!! Going online right now.

co-op welcome
PSN: killscreen_

Awesome!

I already play it a lot!
And now DOUBLE POINTS!

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHEEEEEEEE YEAH!

How about punishing the griefers who throw a grenade at the start of a match trying to team kill their entire team.

Please do not punish me for leaving a game with such a person without punishing them first.

BlackPanthar 30 October, 2009 @ 10:16 pm   46

Got the game on Wednesday, completed and have to say it’s amazing! Drakes fortune was good, but found it bored easy, would have been happy to play Among Theives all day :P

But earlier online, it disapointed me… I went on to play a quick game before going out, and had to leave half way through – I had the 30 seconds, thinking it was a good idea. But then when I came home to play, found I had lost 40 000 XP!! and gone from rank 9 to 5! Just got the game and I’d spent the last few days going online working it up. Both not happy, and disapointed, online was going so well. I think for the system to work, it needs to be controlled on how often you leave, and how many points you have.

BlackPanthar 30 October, 2009 @ 10:19 pm   47

Although double XP helped get it back up… still the greatest game I’ve played in a long time. Amazing achievement…

I cooled off a bit… :P Although still annoyed ¬_¬

Still takes ages to find a game….was hoping this would be fixed in the first patch.

Shame

DNAtlantic 31 October, 2009 @ 12:10 am   49

All i can say is… Amazing :D

And Thank you

amofinalfantasy 31 October, 2009 @ 1:56 am   50

THERES 2 BIG PROBLEMS: The cutscenes has interferences on standard definition, interferences like shining on the borders. And the cutscenes on Gallery session have a lag time to get in to watch after this update

Load all