Posted 11:02am

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (5th November 2009)

As warned last week, today we have a smaller update than usual, but I’m hopeful there will be something for most people.

For PS3 users we have got the NBA 2K10 demo available properly (we had some issues first time we tried to release this for you) and the Hextadon pack for Brütal Legend arrives and is free to all for the first two weeks of release, so don’t miss out on this offer. LittleBigPlanet celebrates its anniversary with two pieces of free content; they will only be around for one week, so grab them whilst you can.

The highlight this week for PSP users must be Ghostbusters surely? However, this is followed by two other full games – Dragoneer’s Aria and Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. We also have another mini making its way to the store in the form of Spot the Differences!

If the new content doesn’t take your fancy this week, then check out the new batch of special offers – it’s a good opportunity to grab some content you may have missed previously, and at reduced prices too.

Finally there’s also an additional piece of content making an appearance on Tuesday (the 10th of November)…more details to follow.

That’s your lot this week.

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

Until the 12th of November:

• Siren Blood Curse (Was – £19.99/€29.99 Now – £14.99/€19.99)
  • Siren Blood Curse Chapter One: The Siren’s Call (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
  • Siren Blood Curse Chapter Two: No Refuge (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
  • Siren Blood Curse Chapter Three: Nest of Devils (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
  • Siren Blood Curse Chapter Four: The End is the Beginning (Was – £6.99/€9.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)

Until the 19th of November:

• 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £4.79/€5.99)
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars (Was – £7.99/€9.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Echochrome Micro (PSP) (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (PSP) (Was – £7.99/€9.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Command & Conquer (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation (PSone) (Was – £3.99€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)

PSone Classic

• Party Time with Winnie the Pooh (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

• NBA 2K10 Demo PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

• Brütal Legend – Hextadon Map Pack (free – until the 19th November only) PEGI 18+
  • LittleBigPlanet
    • Anniversary Cake Costume (free)
    • Spacesuit Costume (free)

(both costumes available for one week only)

PEGI 7+

• EyePet
    • Hospital Styling Pack (£2.39/€2.99)
    • Lucky Dip Styling Pack 3 (free)

PEGI 3+

• Rock Band
    • Best of You by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
    • The Pretender by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Wheels by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Word Forward by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Foo Fighters Pack 03 (this pack contains the above four Foo Fighters tracks) (£3.49/€5.29)
    • About a Girl by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Blew by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
    • School by Nirvana (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Nirvana Pack 02 (this pack contains the above three Nirvana tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)
    • Fake Friends by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Assassin’s Creed 2 Lineage Trailer
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Battlefield Moments Episode 1
  • DC Universe Austin Studio Tour Video
  • DC Universe Jens Anderson Video
  • Front Mission Evolved Trailer
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope Trailer
  • Nier Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

Until the 19th of November:

• Echochrome Micro (PSP) (Was – £6.29/€7.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (PSP) (Was – £7.99/€9.99 Now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Command & Conquer (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert (PSone) (Was – £3.49€4.99 Now – £2.39/€2.99)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• Ghostbusters (£16.99/€26.99) PEGI 7+
  • Dragoneer’s Aria (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 12+
  • Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (£31.99/€39.99) PEGI 12+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Spot the Differences! (£2.49/€2.99) PEGI 3+

PSone Classic

• Party Time with Winnie the Pooh (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

• Rock Band Unplugged
    • Toxicity by System of a Down (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Waking The Demon by Bullet For My Valentine (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker Trailer
  • Thexder Neo Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

389 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Additional content next Tuesday? Anything to do with MW2?

Guillemots 5 November, 2009 @ 12:06 pm   2

Nothing for me this week, but i suggest to all to bought Siren: Blood Course!
Is my favorite survival horror after the First Resident Evil and Silent Hill.
The MGS: Peace Walker Trailer is E3 o TGS one?

This is the “massive’ update we were promised?!?! I suppose anything would be better than last week, but this is just terrible.

I bet all you PSPgo owners are glad you spend £225 so you can play Winnie the Pooh. Who needs Metal Gear Solid or Power Stone Collection anyway….

Pathetic.

Mike Kebby 5 November, 2009 @ 12:12 pm

Ahem – this WAS NEVE meant to be a massive update – if you read my intro you’ll see in fact the reverse was true, I sdtated last week this would be a small update.

Please keep up ;)

3 demos next week, or we will riot! :P

loonytoon1982 5 November, 2009 @ 12:08 pm   5

I’ll consider Siren

But seriously?

PSone Classic
Party Time with Winnie the Pooh

Who the hell decides upon these?

Anything about Final Fantasy VIII release date?

[DELETED: Please keep comments relevant to the content of the blog article. Thanks - Moderator.]

Carnivius_Prime 5 November, 2009 @ 12:10 pm   8

I’ll take the LBP and Eyepet stuff as usual.

Good update, thanks again Mike

No Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 on PSP? :(

SSARPBC for £3.99 BUY THIS NOW ,BUY THIS NOW , ITS A GREAT GAME GREAT MUTLIPLAYER FUN………… on a seperate note Mike i’m still locked/blocked from entering PSN redeem codes due to the Unbound Saga debacle yesterday do you think you could give the right person a kick under the desk please

AcidCrashX 5 November, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   12

thanks for the update Mikeface!

Dragoneer’s aria is going to get picked up by me and i may give NHL 3on3 a whirl for only a fiver ^_^ I’m interested in what this content on Tuesday might be… hmmmm… what else is happening on Tuesday….*wink*

hope you get through your cold quickly mate!

SausageDog 5 November, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   13

@SD1979

The “massive” update was last week. We were warned this week’s update would be disappointing. They should take this tack every week. I honestly chuckled out loud when I saw Winnie the Pooh was one of the handful of titles on offer.

Thankfully NISA seems to have learnt their lesson and priced Dragoneer’s Aria reasonably. Bodes well for Disgaea.

divine1000 5 November, 2009 @ 12:11 pm   14

I’m guessing the content due on the 10th is related to COD:MW2, amiright? Maybe a dynamic theme….

Give someone a nudge about some PSP themes too please Mike :)

timewarp87 5 November, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   15

Party Time with Winnie the Pooh? Whats the plan? release the PS1 classics no one will play first and save the good stuff for the Japs and Americans? How many copies of this are you expecting to sell?

Mike im not going to complain this time for a change but just say im sure u and your collegues are working hard behind the scenes to get us some juicy psone classics:) what can i say i have to be optimistic!

Is Star Wars really out today on the PSP ? I thought this was towards the end of the month ?

Also, Ghostbusters today ?

So, have they fixed the issues with the C&C titles or are they still bugged and broken?

Anyway, I know you can’t say anything more about the surprise on the 10th but I hope it’s good and I hope it’s free, tis my birthday you see. ;)

Infinity Ward have stated they are working on dynamic themes for PS3 as well as Avatars for 360 so it could be that hey mike?!? When will the ‘more details to follow’…..follow?

Mike Kebby 5 November, 2009 @ 12:15 pm

As soon as I get clearance to say what the content is, we will update the post, and I’ll add it in the comments and twitter it ;)

Party Time with Winnie the Pooh?

Seriously?

suom160j-sssHake 5 November, 2009 @ 12:14 pm   21

Still no Ps one classics to EU Store: Resident Evil 1 and 2, Oddworld Abe’s Odyssee, Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus.unbelievable

Mike can you look at my comment above (number 10) looks like you may have been replying to others and might have missed it many thanks again

laughinman1 5 November, 2009 @ 12:16 pm   23

I’m a little confused as to why Zombie Apocalypse is already released on the American and European Playstation Store, but not on the Australian Store? I’ve also been waiting for Critter Crunch.

Or am I in for a surprise tomorrow morning (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time)? lol xD

Mike,

Please. Premium Avatars. It’s been two months. :-/

Mike Kebby 5 November, 2009 @ 12:17 pm   25

I’m not going to be on much longer (and it’s not because of the inevitable moans I’ll get, I’m always willing to read your feedback) it’s because I feel rotten and will be going home soon (via a meeting with a publisher).

i havent bought anything from psn for months, it just dosn’t seem like anything worth it is coming out. but i do like how there are new special offers each week, very smart since if they keep it up there will most likely somthing i want to buy. if trine went on special offer i would buy it in a second

Just waiting for the stories to hit the interwebs now…..Mike Kebby has replied with a wink to the statement that a Modern Warfare 2 dynamic theme will be hitting the Playstation store on Tuesday! Thats confirmation enough. LOL

Sits and ponders how many people will complain about size of update, despite being warned about it last week, and told again at the start of this weeks update.

Probably loads :(

globalmatador 5 November, 2009 @ 12:18 pm   29

so wheres abe’s odyssey and abe’s exodus?

Not a great update, but it’s ok… there are some good things (Eyepet and LBP addons, cheaper Siren…).

Anyway Mike, do you know something about the european video store? I’m really looking forward it :)

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 5 November, 2009 @ 12:20 pm   31

hey mike,

hope u feel better soon pal,

any news on FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 2nd download content coming to the store soon? i heard it was coming out in october just gone.

Mike Kebby 5 November, 2009 @ 12:22 pm

Thanks dude – I’m not sure actually, I’ll have a gander at the schedule and if there’s something I can report on I’ll reply again.

my young nephew would love Party Time with Winnie the Pooh thats a definate purchase:)here

Football Manager 2010 for the PSP is nowhere to be found in the PSN store yet. Where is it?

Nothing interesting, but thanks for the Heads Up, Mike :)

TrevDaRev321 5 November, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   35

For a small update this is pretty damn good. Ghostbusters for my Psp Go..:D

Siren Blood Curse looks quite interesting aswell. LBP Costumes are a must aswell.

Cheers Mike.

ljforlozz 5 November, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   36

Party Time with Winnie the Pooh [DELETED]!!! this is stupid now resident evil 2!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!!!

get2sammyb 5 November, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   37

Cheers for the update. Glad it’s not a hefty one actually as I have tons of retail games to play right now.

Cheers Mike. :)

TheSabreman 5 November, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   38

Battle Tanks or Tank Battles that is the question ?

The game plays as Battle Tanks (when I play it) but seems to be listed on the store now as Tank Battles.

It has been permanently reduced to £5.49 (Was £7.99).

Good game but annoying for people like myself that paid full price only for it to be reduced so quickly after release, not cool.

hobgoblin 5 November, 2009 @ 12:23 pm   39

I think that if SCEE had the store tagged as “PS1 titles” as opposed to “PS1 classics”, it wouldn’t seem as offensive. The only “Classic” i know on the store is Final Fantasy. I know it’s not your fault Mike, but labelling “Party Time with Winnie the Pooh”, “Street Skater”, “Championship Bass” etc as “Classics” is somewhat of a misnomer.

Mike, are there any plans on releasing PSP titles “World Snooker Challenge 2007″ and “Ridge racer 2″ to the PSN store in near future?

BlackMage3 5 November, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   41

Party Time with Winnie the Pooh as classic :/

You must be kidding me…

Final Fantasy 1-9
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Megaman 8
…is more like it.

CoolTails 5 November, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   42

Really pleased with how you guys are doing right now with the store and Home and in general really,can’t complain,much better than how things were,Keep up the good work.

slayerking69 5 November, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   43

is this a joke? seriously is it? party time with winnie the pooh…

Hope you get well soon Mike

Gartland_1986 5 November, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   44

I fail to see how Party Time with Winnie the Pooh can be considered a ‘PSone Classic’, but I suppose it’s to be expected, given the onslaught of Disney games that we have had this year (Hercules, Little Mermaid, Bug’s Life etc).

The lack of support for PSone games in Europe is dissapointing to say the least, given that the PS3 has been out for almost three years in Europe and there are only roughly 40 games on the store (this a small percentage of games actually released for the PSOne).

On a more positive note, £14.99 for Siren: Blood Curse is great value for money.

Mike, I don’t suppose you’ve heard anything about the FlOw trophy update? Just it’s almost four weeks since it came out in the US and there hasn’t been any news on it being released in the EU.

Thanks.

noruraeus 5 November, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   45

@40: Don’t poo on the pooh man!

Mightyowl28 5 November, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   46

some good price reductions this week.. may buy R&R retaliation..

but my main point, do you know anything about the Motorstorm: Arctic Edge demo that the motorstorm team said would be coming..

thanks

mike

do you know of the issues with the fallout dlc in the dutch store it is still not availble

Gartland_1986 5 November, 2009 @ 12:27 pm   48

PS. Get well soon MIke

CodeMonkey_UK 5 November, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   49

Where to spend my £3.99, i’ll avoid the pooh and go with battle cars i think :)

@Mike: Any news on Critter Crunch? I’ve got a wedge of PSN cash ready to go.

@TheSabreman: Such a good game, two trophies are insanely hard though. Online is severly lacking people, so my hopes for some DLC are looking futile.

@Mike: Any chance Battle Tanks is getting some DLC in the future? Such a fun game, just needs more people and more content.

TheIsotope 5 November, 2009 @ 12:28 pm   50

Yes FF8 ohh wait its Winnie the Pooh hmmm. Mike do you know what that Invizimals game is on PSP soon?

Load all