Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:59pm

Vote For Your Most Wanted Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Playlist

Those of you who frequent Naughtydog.com and keep up with the latest Uncharted 2 news may know that we’ve been running a poll on the site to receive feedback on future playlists for the Multiplayer mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

We’re running the same poll here on the European blog so Europeans can also have their say. We are listing five options in the poll, and below is a short breakdown about each one.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Screenshot

Plunder Only
All Plunder, all the time. No variations, nothing but capping treasure and shooting enemies.

Crushing: All Game Types
The Crushing variation on all maps with all game types. Crushing is a more hardcore version of our rule set where players have less health and no Boosters are active.

Crushing: Deathmatch Only
The Crushing variation on all maps in standard Deathmatch only.

Skilled Objectives
All Objective game types, but now with a Skill Level. Skill Levels are tied to each playlist, so all players would start with a Skill Level of 1 in this playlist, regardless of the Skill Level already achieved in the Ranked playlist.

Deathmatch Variants Only
All the Deathmatch variants including Sniper/Pistole, Pistols/Grenades, RPG’s, and Crushing.

Uncharted 2 Urban warfare melee

We can’t guarantee that we’ll be releasing the most popular playlist, but we really want to know what you’d like to see, so let us know what you want – vote and be heard!

Vote for your favourite playlist in the comments below. If you have other suggestions feel free to let us know.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

125 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

I’d go with ‘Deathmatch Variants Only’.

Thanks again for making another great game. :P

Bloody_Marcel 10 November, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   2

Elimination Objective

It’s not on the list, but that’s what I’d like to see.

Crushing: All Game Types

Why not giving away a few Fortune Hunter editions to thank us?
Or is there only love for the US customers? ;-)

Carnivius_Prime 10 November, 2009 @ 3:57 pm   4

Don’t think I care that much about the playlists. Am happen to play anything in Uncharted 2. Even regular deathmatches which I used to find dull and overly repetitve in other games is just much more fun in this.

Shadow-Man_4 10 November, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   5

I’ll be buying the game on Christmas or maybe before cuz i have exams , the exams are going to finish at 16 Nov. Expect me to get the game the day the exams finish :) Cant wait ! and BTW, would like to see Crushing Playlist !

I love Uncharted 2 but unfortunately I rarely play multiplayer – I have problems in “matchmaking”. I have waited for ages for this to complete. Last night it took over half an hour to join a match. I don’t know if it’s a general problem or a problem with my set-up. Also, after joining a game, is it not possible to play again with the same people? They all seem to disappear as soon as the round is over (something I said? :)). Is it the case that everyone is kicked of the game room after each round or do people leave as a matter of choice?

Arne Meyer 10 November, 2009 @ 8:32 pm

People leave at the end of the match by choice. If they all select “Party Up” you could remain together for the next match.

If you are having problems connecting to a match, I would try running your network test again and try again. The average wait at worst is no more than a few minutes, if you’re waiting as long as you mentioned, there is something else preventing you from joining a match in a timely manner.

Ziggy-Moff 10 November, 2009 @ 4:11 pm   7

How about listening to people about the quitting/disconnecting penalty first, just a suggestion.

Deathmatch Variants Only

Deathmatch Variants Only gets my vote! :-)

makingdamage 10 November, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   10

Why is it so hard to connect to the online part? Why isn´t there any list of games currently running so you just can choose one and start playing?
Last night I gave up after waiting for several minutes and played battlefield 1943 instead, there you get into a game direct and can start playing.

qwertyuiopasdfgh 10 November, 2009 @ 4:45 pm   11

What i’d really like in Uncharted 2 is for the partying feature to actually WORK. I bought TWO COPIES of the game, one for me and one for my girlfriend, just so we could play together, but we have NEVER been able to do that since neither of us can join the other’s party.
You wanna hear the fun part? We could join each other’s party in the beta! It’s the only case i’ve heard of in which the final game functions less than the beta!
Now we’re playing Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops (since THAT we can play together).
Don’t expect us to buy the DLC that’s coming out in December if you don’t fix the partying first.
Oh and by the way, before you ask, yes we have NAT 2 and yes we can chat using the XMB (Chris Balestra already asked me that on twitter), so it’s not our connection’s fault.

greekgoddj 10 November, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   12

How about fixing the broken online first? I don’t have disconnections and HUGE delays in matchmaking with any other online game. Fix that first cause at the moment I have given up on the game, I want to play a game not spend all day in the lobby trying to matchmake and getting disconnected.

Prox1mately 10 November, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   13

Crushing All Game Types

Sounds pretty good to me. Good to see you’re working hard.

Deathmatch Variants Only

bravo9zero 10 November, 2009 @ 5:23 pm   15

Plunder Only

Crushing: All Game Types

It’s pretty hard to find a match on crushing unless you team up with friends and host your own game so that would be a great idea to have one dedicated to it.

EntangledRage 10 November, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   17

All of them are bad ideas. The multiplayer playlists are fine as they are. Keep ‘em that way!

Search And Destroy COD style
Or
Killzone 2 style EVERY single mode in 1 match

Supersaukko 10 November, 2009 @ 6:41 pm   19

Crushing: Deathmatch Only

theshepanator 10 November, 2009 @ 6:55 pm   20

“crushing: all game types” Or even better KZ2 style (comment#18), every mode in 1 match dynamicly changing!

kingtxsouth 10 November, 2009 @ 7:00 pm   21

Deathmatch Variants Only i miss pistols/grenades.

Top_Slacker 10 November, 2009 @ 7:03 pm   22

Plunder. Plunder. Plunder. Plunder.

Can i just say how refreshing it is not to hear any mention of a Zombie mode…… phew…. :)

Andy-McK-4ever 10 November, 2009 @ 7:29 pm   24

I voted for Deathmatch varients since you can’t beat a goood game of RPG Deathmatch. I have to say though, please tell me that the devs are working on another patch which doesn’t punish people for simply being disconnected. I and many others don’t have super fast connections so there is the odd hiccup which results in us being booted from the game. I don’t see why people like myself should be punished for something that is out of our direct control

“Crushing: Deathmatch Only” is my vote. My second choice would be “Crushing: All Game Types”.

Nagash_MalKaVian 10 November, 2009 @ 7:53 pm   26

Crushing mode!

Crushing: Deathmatch Only

damonthemoney 10 November, 2009 @ 7:57 pm   28

Crushing: All Game Types.

BUT, if you REALLY want to do something worthwhile, make a mode like “Warzone” in Killzone 2. All the gametypes in one match is so fun, not to mention convenient.

I know tons of people how just want to play regular deathmatch!
Team members are only stealing some of your kills..

And quicker matchmaking would be appreciated ;)

Thanks fo great game!

Zackackle 10 November, 2009 @ 8:02 pm   30

Plunder Only.

Pretty simple idea, but it was implemented so well that sometimes I just want to play that without having the possibility of playing any other modes.

karlsquell 10 November, 2009 @ 8:07 pm   31

VOTE: Crushing: All Game Types

Sniper_at_w0rk 10 November, 2009 @ 8:18 pm   32

Plunder Only

A lot of points if you get five treasures

Naughtydogmania 10 November, 2009 @ 8:26 pm   33

Kinda hard… deathmatch variants = no way. Me no like rpg.
Anoying!
Anyway, plunder is really cool but i guess crushing mode would be THE option!

Plunder only baby!!

I love that game type.

AcidJ-man 10 November, 2009 @ 9:10 pm   35

I would definitely say Plunder only first and then Crushing All type. As these will mix it up for sure. Fresh coat if you will.

Opt1mus76 10 November, 2009 @ 9:11 pm   36

Free-for-All Deathmatch

Opt1mus76 10 November, 2009 @ 9:15 pm   37

Can we have the points accrued during matches added even if we get Connection Error or at least a percentage of them. Really annoying to nearly complete Co-Op level then lose all points because a player drops out or loses connection.

Deathmatch Variants Only

Skilled objectives gets my vote. It’s more tactical if the skills are limited :)

bosch_merc_147 10 November, 2009 @ 9:29 pm   40

Crushing: Deathmatch Only

Boomerangmouth 10 November, 2009 @ 9:43 pm   41

Deathmatch variants only!!

Cause some of them are mega fun to play :D

MatthewSFC 10 November, 2009 @ 9:49 pm   42

How about…all the playlists?! :D

wiktorclunk 10 November, 2009 @ 9:57 pm   43

Crushing: All Game Types

Crushing: All Game Types

Gets my vote. :)

Deathmatch Variants Only

also do something about the spawning bug!

if somebody places a generade that goes off on the spot where i will spawn, it causes my screen to flicker, and all i can do is the quit the game!!!

Wideload42 10 November, 2009 @ 10:14 pm   47

PLUNDER!!!!!!! FTW

Prismacolour 10 November, 2009 @ 10:19 pm   48

Plunder,

The Crushing Deathmatch mode sounds interesting as well. My guess it’s a bit like Hardcore mode on CoD4?

Deathmatch Variants Only, please :)

=Cameron=

StrongerThanYou 10 November, 2009 @ 10:37 pm   50

I hate the fact that when you leave a match your threatened with a stupid penalty which SHOULDN’T BE THERE! Not all of us are hardcore gamers that leave because we die. Some of us have places to go etc. Ruins the experience completely.

DEATHMATCH VARIANTS ONLY