Posted 1:15pm

FINAL FANTASY XIII – A Special Announcement

Hi everyone! I’m Antonio “Papero” Marfuggi from SQUARE ENIX’s Brand Team.

Just dropping you a couple of lines to let you know something big (and with “big” I mean “BIG”!) is coming up about FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII

In just a few days, on Friday 13th November (we choose our numbers carefully!), you’ll see a very special announcement from the game’s development team, introduced to you on this very blog by the words of Yoshinori Kitase – FINAL FANTASY XIII’s Producer.

Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII

So join the countdown on the game’s official site and of course keep following the PlayStation blog for more news.

See you in a couple of days!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

106 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

*gets excited*

Retro_1973 11 November, 2009 @ 1:20 pm   2

UK release date? Playable demo? The suspense…!!!!

Cannot wait for this game – it’s gonna be a good one! :)

mitch_uk_psn 11 November, 2009 @ 1:21 pm   3

Announcement of an announcement!

Sweet! hope its something awesome :-D

Handige_Harry 11 November, 2009 @ 1:25 pm   5

youre gonna tell us that the X360 version is cancelt ?

It’s the release date, isn’t it?

IS IT JANUARY!? =D

Guillemots 11 November, 2009 @ 1:27 pm   7

I hate you! ARGH!!!

EntangledRage 11 November, 2009 @ 1:31 pm   8

I am pretty sure they are announcing a delay on the ps3 version :P

@ 5 Handige Harry, :)

Some special edition would be nice as to include english in the frnch version.

@ 8 EntangledRage, Maybe the PS3 version is canceled

Online co-operative play with everyone invited to a beta?!??!

Silent_Gig 11 November, 2009 @ 1:40 pm   12

STOP IT, PLEASE DONT TEASE

I SAID STOP IT!

noruraeus 11 November, 2009 @ 1:49 pm   13

Has to be a playable beta, doubt they would anticlimax a smaller announcement by announcing it this way.

vDRINK3Rv 11 November, 2009 @ 1:53 pm   14

I hope this game will be the best RPG at all! Is this possible…?
IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Oooh this is all very exciting, I knew about the announcement but I’m surprised it’s being covered on this blog too – does that mean it’s something PlayStation related?

I’m guessing it will probably be the UK/rest of the world release date, in which case I’m guessing it’s big because it’s a lot sooner than people were expecting maybe?

It would be nice to see the PS3 version getting some sort of exclusive content, be it a demo, or extra level/side quest (something linking to FFvsXIII maybe?), or maybe it’s to do with the FFXIV beta that has been remoured as being included? Or maybe the PS3 version will exclusively feature the original Japanese voices along with the English ones thanks to the space on a Blu-ray?

@ Handige_Harry, as hilarious as it would be I think we can rule out anything to do with scrapping the 360 version or even the PS3 version getting a timed-exclusive as I would think MS has a simultaneous launch well and truly set in stone. Best you can hope for is that they do a horrible job on the port and it comes on 5-DVD’s that need to be continuously swapped!!!

due to outdated DVD9 format, FF 13 return a PS3 exclusive xDDD

I smell a demo around teh cornerz!1one! :D

TheKonspiracy98 11 November, 2009 @ 2:02 pm   18

Why all the fanboyism in here :P This game will be so awesome that I’m gonna buy both versions.

Here’s hoping that something crazy happens like with Final Fantasy X and we see it before the end of the year. :)

Exciting and interesting!

Retro_1973 11 November, 2009 @ 2:06 pm   21

I got the Jap demo of this game that was available with the Special Edition ‘Advent Children Complete’ Blu-Ray a while back and it is pure quality – you will not be disappointed with this game I’m sure!

Final fantasy XV…. lol

steven_dutch 11 November, 2009 @ 2:10 pm   23

awesome. can’t wait! Could it be the demo, or the Beta even?

If it’s a demo ill freak the foxtrot out!!!!
If it’s the release date ill be very happeh:D

KSPRAYDAD 11 November, 2009 @ 2:30 pm   25

Cancelled the 360 version so you can optimize for PS3? I don’t care that the PS3 was the lead platform…if you have it in mind to be multi you make a game that isn’t optimized. That is the only news I’d want to hear.

magmar126 11 November, 2009 @ 2:32 pm   26

w00t, can’t wait for it :D

Raider197 11 November, 2009 @ 2:37 pm   27

:-D May I ask why Square-Enix always announce the announcement of announcements?

KSPRAYDAD 11 November, 2009 @ 2:40 pm   28

@27

There was an announcement of this announcement announcement?

squadass99 11 November, 2009 @ 2:45 pm   29

right lets calm down here and try and work out why they announced an announcement on the PS EU blog.

theory 1: Xbox 360 version isnt coming to europe… :D

theory 2: christmas release for the PS3 version along with beta for FF14.

theory 3: the graphics from the early footage we saw are what we see in the final game, and the 360 gets a choppy version that runs better on PS3.

but anyway im sure it will please us guys on the EU blog alot more than any M$ fanboy (Y)

sweetasman01 11 November, 2009 @ 2:50 pm   30

Please, I bet they will announce exclusive content FOR BOTH consoles, and we get the crappy one like with Street Fighter 4.

I will bring the Phoenix Downs. :)

the fanboyism on here is retarded. More sales = more games. doesnt matter what format. If it sells bad on the 360 they just wont do another one but it is definately coming out on the 360 everywhere outside of Japan because thats the deal they signed.

A release date is possible which would be cool, but for it to be BIG news it would have to be before xmas which with GT5 not coming till the new year makes it look like a strong maybe.

With the recent interview at GamesIndustry.biz, I bet this is related to the release date over here. Please let it be december/january ;)

English demo and/or FFXIV beta certainly wouldn’t hurt either.

Skookie30 11 November, 2009 @ 3:00 pm   34

Nooo “SEE” haveing at laugh it be a announce of a announcement of a announcement

its SCEE doing a kojima he likes to make announcement of a announcement of a announcement lol

but i think it a demo but you better check your email some1 doing a GOW3. :D

wbrinkman 11 November, 2009 @ 3:02 pm   35

Announcing an announcement is the most retarded thing in gaming at the moment.

OH SNAP! Bring on friday! ^_^

Skookie30 11 November, 2009 @ 3:09 pm   37

this announcement is better then the Home announcement

here my announcement SEE going to Rerelease a good RPG VS on psn & the ff13 out next week & the ff14 beta end of the year. :D

@Antonio Marfuggi

Is the news related to the PS3 edition of the game or is it for both versions.

Please answer this it will prevent a lot of flame wars over the next few days.

Player1Wins 11 November, 2009 @ 3:24 pm   39

The European release date of FFXIII is the 25th of June 2010. No need to wait for the announcement on friday.

@Player1Wins

Where did you see that?

can’t hardly wait, the final fantasy games are some of the best games i’ve ever played.
and seeing this on the eu blog gives me hope that this announcement will have something to do with europe.
like people have said a demo would be awesome and a release date would be great.
and skookie, it shouldn’t be as bad as kojima’s teases, last time he had a countdown to a countdown of a countdown to an announcement, give or take a countdown. :)

release date or demo,i hope

i DO NOT want a demo release, its like smelling a delicious cooky, getting a crum but not the rest…

i want the announcement that they will release lightning special edition ps3 to europe!!!!!!!!

Antonio Marfuggi 11 November, 2009 @ 3:46 pm   44

@ Lucreto: this is unquestionably about FINAL FANTASY XIII. :)

Thanks for your interest, guys!

Skookie30 11 November, 2009 @ 3:58 pm   45

AAAAHH i See the red dot of doom on top right of blog PSN is down
then

& hazel yes i know about so many countdown from kojima he got a fetish of em lol :D

Will someone from Square USA be making a post on the US PS Blog?

Also, I really hope you guys bring the white Lightning Edition PS3 over to the west.

“Posted on 11 November, 2009 at 3:46 pm by Antonio Marfuggi
@ Lucreto: this is unquestionably about FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Thanks for your interest, guys!”

Doesn’t answer my question

Is the news related to the PS3 edition of the Final Fantasy XIII or is it for both versions.

WilliamBirkin 11 November, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   48

A demo of Versus for the ps3 owners of ff13. That would be nice.

I really want a demo please be demo if it is 1 i bet its weighs more then ratchet and clank acit demo

i hope a release date