Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 10:00am

Interview: Dante’s Inferno’s Jonathan Knight

Last week, EA held their Winter Showcase in West London and Jem and I went along to meet a few developers and play some games. Among others, we checked out Dante’s Inferno, The Saboteur, Army of Two: The 40th Day and Skate 3. I also managed to grab an interview with Jonathan Knight, Executive Producer of Dante’s Inferno, just before lunch. Treat your eyes and ears by clicking play on the video below.

I still haven’t figured out why we had Star Wars characters walking around in the background… in fact, I’ve never seen Star Wars. Is that so weird? Elsewhere, Jem caught up with Tom French from Parisian sandbox title The Saboteur and that video should be live later this week.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

I’m definitely pre-ordering Dante’s Inferno, does anyone know if there’ll be a collectors edition?

James Gallagher 11 November, 2009 @ 1:41 pm

Nothing has been confirmed that I know of, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Sorry… not much of an answer.

Carnivius_Prime 11 November, 2009 @ 10:30 am   2

Looking decent. Third person action adventure is exactly my kind of game. Hope I enjoy it even half as much as Uncharted, God of War and Heavenly Sword.

I know why there were Star Wars characters walking about about James :)

James Gallagher 11 November, 2009 @ 1:44 pm

Well yes, there was a Star Wars game there but that doesn’t mean they can get in my shot!

Who hasn’t seen star wars? You must have been hiding under a rock for the last 30 years! :)

James Gallagher 11 November, 2009 @ 1:36 pm

I know. I have no idea why I haven’t seen it, other than not being much of a TV or film viewer in general. I have, however, read The Divine Comedy.

I’m looking forward to this , can’t wait to see the gameplay.

…..um..as you’re here Mike and at the risk of going off topic could you say at last what the ‘something lovely’ is that is coming to PSN…. or did you mean the classic COD game that was on the store yesterday?

marcindpol 11 November, 2009 @ 1:17 pm   6

Hi Mike can you help us witch a patch 1.02 for MW2 fixing trophys please.

why it is not out in Europe yet?

almighty-slayer 11 November, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   7

Should be called God of War rip off

CapinChronic 11 November, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   8

@7 This is in no way a GOW rip off… some of the GOW devs are working on this title thats why they have similarities.. It looks amazing and i cant wait to play it… btw I have also read The Divine Comedy

James Gallagher 11 November, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

I never thought that two of my likes – games and medieval literature – would come together on this blog!

xenokiller90 11 November, 2009 @ 4:40 pm   9

this game looks completely wrong and absolute rubbish imo.

ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 11 November, 2009 @ 8:08 pm   10

The game looks quite good, but star wars is a load of old tosh.

So his favourite circle is Lust… of course :D

rossthebassist 11 November, 2009 @ 11:51 pm   12

forget the dude with the light-saber. at 5:11 – 5:16 i walk past the camera! YEAH!!!!!!

get in, PLAYSTATION BLOG DEBUT OF rossthebassist!

James Gallagher 12 November, 2009 @ 11:08 am

Good cameo! Did you have a good time? Come over and say hello if you see me at a future games event – you’ll be the first.

rossthebassist 12 November, 2009 @ 11:48 am   13

i recognized jem, but figured you you guys were there for way more important reasons than us meer mortals invited from retail disturbing you :D.

i had a great time. cant wait for the Battlefield BC2 Beta to arrive on PlayStation… i spent most my time at that area.

i still cant believe i got caught on camera :D

James Gallagher 12 November, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Nah, we just do the same things as everyone else at these events… standing around, waiting for available machines and for lunch to be served.

I might see you on the Battlefield beta then, if I get invited…

rossthebassist 12 November, 2009 @ 12:47 pm   14

awsome, hope i get invited as well lol, feel free to add me because if you get tired of killing me we could team as well lol.

ChaosCreed7 3 December, 2009 @ 11:53 pm   15

@1:

I’m pretty sure their will be. Mainly because sites from other countries have been putting up info about some:

Australia: http://www.gametraders.com.au/game/playstation-3/dantes-inferno-collectors-edition/44318/#game?ID=44318

Sweden: http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=105725

ChaosCreed7 4 December, 2009 @ 12:02 am   18

Alright well forget the Australian sight. Just google it, but you get the idea.