Posted 17 November

VidZone Territory Expansion: 11 New Countries…The Dates You Have All Been Waiting For!!!

I am so excited I have almost lost bodily functions!!

You have all been screaming for these dates and we finally have everything finalized, it’s felt like a lifetime but the day is finally here… You have no interest in anything I have to say apart from these dates so I’ll shut up and get on with it ;)

The dates that the new VidZone Countries will be live are……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….…………………………………………………………

• Thursday 26th November: Netherlands, Portugal, Austria
  • Thursday 3rd December: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland
  • Thursday 10th December: Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, New Zealand

After downloading the VidZone application from the PlayStation Store and opening it for the first time, you may have to wait up to 15 minutes for it to update so it shows all up to date videos and playlists. THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN THE VERY FIRST TIME YOU START VIDZONE. The next time you open it will open within seconds. I promise!

screen000

Just as a little taster and to prove we have are paying attention to every countries local artists here is a couple of artists you will be able to find on the service in each country. This is obviously in addition to the amazing international artists that you come to expect, Everything from Rihanna to Metallica, Eminem to Eurythmics

• Austria – Falco, Herbstrock, Mondscheiner, Valerie
  • Netherlands – Armin Van Buuren, Leaf, Fedde Le Grand
  • Portugal – Buraka Som Sistema, Paulo Gonzo
  • Sweden – Darin, ABBA, The Hives, Peter Jöback
  • Denmark – Infernal, Thomas Helmig, Nephew
  • Norway – Madcon, Maria Mena
  • Finland – The Rasmus, Anna Puu, Lordi
  • Belgium – Sylver, Lara Fabian, Lasgo, Kate Ryan
  • Luxembourg – Laurent Wolf, Eros Ramazzotti
  • Switzerland – Gotthard
  • New Zealand – Ladyhawke, Smashproof

You cool with that? Let me know what you think.

Ben

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

176 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nice :)

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   2

ok!!! now WHEN IS THE VIDEO STORE COMING TO EUROPE!!!

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   3

only joking!!! great news sony!!! thank you

YESS FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, I been waiting for this to hit Finland great news and thanks for the update :)

GhostViper 17 November, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   6

Great, can’t wait. Will there be anything from A-ha?

So i guess poland is impossible and never gonna happen.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

Hey rospondek

Nothing is impossible, we have lots of plans for the next few months.

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   8

a ha

Aaaahahaa, Lordi! XD

Appreciate it, VidZone people.

daffycare 17 November, 2009 @ 3:25 pm   10

great to see these other Countries get vidzone, good job sony

Cool! :) Thank you.

Still no POLAND!

fub4r1979 17 November, 2009 @ 3:26 pm   13

any news on the video store?

Bahamut44-4 17 November, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   14

At long last! Thanks for this Ben, must feel good to not have to answer these questions on the blog anymore huh?

Looking forward to this, thx for putting the extra effort into local artists too.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:27 pm

Hi Bahamut44-4

You have no idea how relieved I am. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact everyone want VidZone in their country. But I don’t like not being able to give people the answers they want.

TehPhilosopher 17 November, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   15

Yesss, Lordi! But as an expat Finn living in Holland, will I be able to view Lordi? IOW, is the content the same for all countries?

yeah great to see 11 more countries getting vidzone before christmas

Woooo Great news. Now waiting for Dec 3rd..
Madcon is good ;-)

Will VidZone ever come to the UAE? I’d love for it to come here, but chances look slim… still, great work guys, keep it up! :)

sully1311 17 November, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   19

Guys stop asking about the VIDEO STORE. VIDZONE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SCEE.

Hi, great that it’s coming soon to the Netherlands. Two questions though:
1 – Is Vidzone a free service or must I pay for every videoclip I see?
2 – I’m Portuguese, but live in the Netherlands. Will I be able to see Portuguese artists from Portugal’s service?

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

Hi Vads1972

It all depends what licenses we have for a certain artist in a certain country. You will see only videos with a license for Holland in Holland but usually the licenses we have cover the majority of the VidZone services whether the atrist is from another country or not.

If there is anything missing let us know and we will try and get it for you.

StefNighthawk 17 November, 2009 @ 3:37 pm   21

Eros Ramazzotti a local artist of Luxembourg? I thought he was Italian.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:43 pm

Hi StefNighthawk

True… But we know that he is very popular in Luxumbourg, so we added him to your list. :)

Any plans for South Africa? Is it at least something that you are looking into?

Woho \o/
Nice work, now get Ugress (www.ugress.com) and Chemical Brothers on it as well =)

SpiderMike_X 17 November, 2009 @ 3:40 pm   24

Hopefully this will put an end to the constant whining that accompanies every Vidzone update, store update and….well….any update at all really.

Perhaps we can actuality keep a post on topic too!!

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

Hey SpiderMike

I hope people are happy and that we can keep on topic too. But… Sometimes whining is the only way you get what you want… So I forgive everyone :)

DarkUsS88 17 November, 2009 @ 3:41 pm   25

Ben, can you please inform me if there are any plans at all to bring Vidzone to Greece? I’m not asking for anything more than just a confirmation that there are indeed plans for this.

Thanks.

Ben, could you have a look at The Stranglers content on the UK VidZone. They have a category but the timer icon just whirs forever and no content appears.

Thanks.

Skookie30 17 November, 2009 @ 3:42 pm   27

Yes great job SCEE im glad that our EU comrades in arms finally get the vidzone on 3 ppl 3…. 2….. 1……

HIP

HIP

HOORAH!!!!!

Rock on tommy etc lol :D

LordCartman 17 November, 2009 @ 3:43 pm   28

I am stoked about the Scandanavians getting VidZone as last. Means there will be a good chance of Kashmir and Kaizer’s Orchestra being added :)

great news but in portugal you put paulo gonzo and buraka sound sistem?put MOONSPELL OR XUTOS E PONTAPES OR BLIND ZERO instead :) great job you guys.ill be waiting for day 26…thanks

petros_88 17 November, 2009 @ 3:45 pm   30

-.- Will VidZone ever come to GREECE ? -.-

samich2007 17 November, 2009 @ 3:48 pm   31

Great news to see it coming to the Netherlands! And also to the other countries soon! I cant wait!:)
thank you!

Great work VidZone guys! Haha, especially for Sweden – you’ve added ABBA – such a cliche! :)

Welcome to VidZone everyone – you will love it!

Finally!!! Thanks for the update.

Sweet, I know what I’ll be doing on dec 3rd :D

GREAT!!!! Denmark thanks you!

Finally :)

First the big firmware update and now Vidzone coming in 2 weeks :)

Best update ever :)

Thanks SCEE :D

I am very glad that Vidzone expanded on other countries in Europe but please if you can tell me if Vidzone come to Greece.Thanks a lot for reading this!

Yes! Finally! :)

Thank you very much, you rock!

Skrabalek 17 November, 2009 @ 3:59 pm   39

Still not in Czech Republic. As always. Why Sony not have a global PSN with all content in one place??? This decentralized system is silly.

About time…

BURAKA FTW

VictorAnalogy 17 November, 2009 @ 4:00 pm   41

Great that so many new countries are included, I bet they would all love to see Rammstein make it back into VidZone. Yes. I’m sure they would. :)

Pretty cool, but WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE 10th OF DECEMBER!!!

Just joking, now you will get a lot less anger towards your posts :-) Congrats!

Still sucks for all the other countries not on the list….

spelarenjoel 17 November, 2009 @ 4:11 pm   43

jippiiiii!!! Great work! Thank you so much! :D

Great news! Thanks… wait I forgot I’m still in Poland. :) When I saw your news about Underworld and Chemical Bros. I started to like VidZone very much.

Could you plz share with us, what is behind selecting different countries in different moments? What about your rollout plans for 2010?

astrocrack 17 November, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   45

Very nice indeed. Buraka Som Sistema rocks big time!

xenokiller90 17 November, 2009 @ 4:18 pm   46

so what? waste of hd space imo

it’s free application, videos are free, all paid for by advertisements

I’m so cool with that! Woho, at last :)

Yay, thanks guys! I’ve marked the 26th!

Finally! =) The great news! Only one thing left for the ps3 to be the ultmiate super duber dunder och brak mega console.

crossgame voice chat. ;)

cheers and a big hugg to those who putt their swett and tears for this.

Load all