Posted 3:15pm

VidZone Territory Expansion: 11 New Countries…The Dates You Have All Been Waiting For!!!

I am so excited I have almost lost bodily functions!!

You have all been screaming for these dates and we finally have everything finalized, it’s felt like a lifetime but the day is finally here… You have no interest in anything I have to say apart from these dates so I’ll shut up and get on with it ;)

The dates that the new VidZone Countries will be live are……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….…………………………………………………………

• Thursday 26th November: Netherlands, Portugal, Austria
  • Thursday 3rd December: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland
  • Thursday 10th December: Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, New Zealand

After downloading the VidZone application from the PlayStation Store and opening it for the first time, you may have to wait up to 15 minutes for it to update so it shows all up to date videos and playlists. THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN THE VERY FIRST TIME YOU START VIDZONE. The next time you open it will open within seconds. I promise!

screen000

Just as a little taster and to prove we have are paying attention to every countries local artists here is a couple of artists you will be able to find on the service in each country. This is obviously in addition to the amazing international artists that you come to expect, Everything from Rihanna to Metallica, Eminem to Eurythmics

• Austria – Falco, Herbstrock, Mondscheiner, Valerie
  • Netherlands – Armin Van Buuren, Leaf, Fedde Le Grand
  • Portugal – Buraka Som Sistema, Paulo Gonzo
  • Sweden – Darin, ABBA, The Hives, Peter Jöback
  • Denmark – Infernal, Thomas Helmig, Nephew
  • Norway – Madcon, Maria Mena
  • Finland – The Rasmus, Anna Puu, Lordi
  • Belgium – Sylver, Lara Fabian, Lasgo, Kate Ryan
  • Luxembourg – Laurent Wolf, Eros Ramazzotti
  • Switzerland – Gotthard
  • New Zealand – Ladyhawke, Smashproof

You cool with that? Let me know what you think.

Ben

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

176 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nice :)

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   2

ok!!! now WHEN IS THE VIDEO STORE COMING TO EUROPE!!!

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   3

only joking!!! great news sony!!! thank you

YESS FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, I been waiting for this to hit Finland great news and thanks for the update :)

GhostViper 17 November, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   6

Great, can’t wait. Will there be anything from A-ha?

So i guess poland is impossible and never gonna happen.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

Hey rospondek

Nothing is impossible, we have lots of plans for the next few months.

kazicameron 17 November, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   8

a ha

Aaaahahaa, Lordi! XD

Appreciate it, VidZone people.

daffycare 17 November, 2009 @ 3:25 pm   10

great to see these other Countries get vidzone, good job sony

Cool! :) Thank you.

Still no POLAND!

fub4r1979 17 November, 2009 @ 3:26 pm   13

any news on the video store?

Bahamut44-4 17 November, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   14

At long last! Thanks for this Ben, must feel good to not have to answer these questions on the blog anymore huh?

Looking forward to this, thx for putting the extra effort into local artists too.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:27 pm

Hi Bahamut44-4

You have no idea how relieved I am. Don’t get me wrong I love the fact everyone want VidZone in their country. But I don’t like not being able to give people the answers they want.

TehPhilosopher 17 November, 2009 @ 3:28 pm   15

Yesss, Lordi! But as an expat Finn living in Holland, will I be able to view Lordi? IOW, is the content the same for all countries?

yeah great to see 11 more countries getting vidzone before christmas

Woooo Great news. Now waiting for Dec 3rd..
Madcon is good ;-)

Will VidZone ever come to the UAE? I’d love for it to come here, but chances look slim… still, great work guys, keep it up! :)

sully1311 17 November, 2009 @ 3:34 pm   19

Guys stop asking about the VIDEO STORE. VIDZONE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SCEE.

Hi, great that it’s coming soon to the Netherlands. Two questions though:
1 – Is Vidzone a free service or must I pay for every videoclip I see?
2 – I’m Portuguese, but live in the Netherlands. Will I be able to see Portuguese artists from Portugal’s service?

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

Hi Vads1972

It all depends what licenses we have for a certain artist in a certain country. You will see only videos with a license for Holland in Holland but usually the licenses we have cover the majority of the VidZone services whether the atrist is from another country or not.

If there is anything missing let us know and we will try and get it for you.

StefNighthawk 17 November, 2009 @ 3:37 pm   21

Eros Ramazzotti a local artist of Luxembourg? I thought he was Italian.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:43 pm

Hi StefNighthawk

True… But we know that he is very popular in Luxumbourg, so we added him to your list. :)

Any plans for South Africa? Is it at least something that you are looking into?

Woho \o/
Nice work, now get Ugress (www.ugress.com) and Chemical Brothers on it as well =)

SpiderMike_X 17 November, 2009 @ 3:40 pm   24

Hopefully this will put an end to the constant whining that accompanies every Vidzone update, store update and….well….any update at all really.

Perhaps we can actuality keep a post on topic too!!

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

Hey SpiderMike

I hope people are happy and that we can keep on topic too. But… Sometimes whining is the only way you get what you want… So I forgive everyone :)

DarkUsS88 17 November, 2009 @ 3:41 pm   25

Ben, can you please inform me if there are any plans at all to bring Vidzone to Greece? I’m not asking for anything more than just a confirmation that there are indeed plans for this.

Thanks.

Ben, could you have a look at The Stranglers content on the UK VidZone. They have a category but the timer icon just whirs forever and no content appears.

Thanks.

Skookie30 17 November, 2009 @ 3:42 pm   27

Yes great job SCEE im glad that our EU comrades in arms finally get the vidzone on 3 ppl 3…. 2….. 1……

HIP

HIP

HOORAH!!!!!

Rock on tommy etc lol :D

LordCartman 17 November, 2009 @ 3:43 pm   28

I am stoked about the Scandanavians getting VidZone as last. Means there will be a good chance of Kashmir and Kaizer’s Orchestra being added :)

great news but in portugal you put paulo gonzo and buraka sound sistem?put MOONSPELL OR XUTOS E PONTAPES OR BLIND ZERO instead :) great job you guys.ill be waiting for day 26…thanks

petros_88 17 November, 2009 @ 3:45 pm   30

-.- Will VidZone ever come to GREECE ? -.-

samich2007 17 November, 2009 @ 3:48 pm   31

Great news to see it coming to the Netherlands! And also to the other countries soon! I cant wait!:)
thank you!

Great work VidZone guys! Haha, especially for Sweden – you’ve added ABBA – such a cliche! :)

Welcome to VidZone everyone – you will love it!

Finally!!! Thanks for the update.

Sweet, I know what I’ll be doing on dec 3rd :D

GREAT!!!! Denmark thanks you!

Finally :)

First the big firmware update and now Vidzone coming in 2 weeks :)

Best update ever :)

Thanks SCEE :D

I am very glad that Vidzone expanded on other countries in Europe but please if you can tell me if Vidzone come to Greece.Thanks a lot for reading this!

Yes! Finally! :)

Thank you very much, you rock!

Skrabalek 17 November, 2009 @ 3:59 pm   39

Still not in Czech Republic. As always. Why Sony not have a global PSN with all content in one place??? This decentralized system is silly.

About time…

BURAKA FTW

VictorAnalogy 17 November, 2009 @ 4:00 pm   41

Great that so many new countries are included, I bet they would all love to see Rammstein make it back into VidZone. Yes. I’m sure they would. :)

Pretty cool, but WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE 10th OF DECEMBER!!!

Just joking, now you will get a lot less anger towards your posts :-) Congrats!

Still sucks for all the other countries not on the list….

spelarenjoel 17 November, 2009 @ 4:11 pm   43

jippiiiii!!! Great work! Thank you so much! :D

Great news! Thanks… wait I forgot I’m still in Poland. :) When I saw your news about Underworld and Chemical Bros. I started to like VidZone very much.

Could you plz share with us, what is behind selecting different countries in different moments? What about your rollout plans for 2010?

astrocrack 17 November, 2009 @ 4:15 pm   45

Very nice indeed. Buraka Som Sistema rocks big time!

xenokiller90 17 November, 2009 @ 4:18 pm   46

so what? waste of hd space imo

it’s free application, videos are free, all paid for by advertisements

I’m so cool with that! Woho, at last :)

Yay, thanks guys! I’ve marked the 26th!

Finally! =) The great news! Only one thing left for the ps3 to be the ultmiate super duber dunder och brak mega console.

crossgame voice chat. ;)

cheers and a big hugg to those who putt their swett and tears for this.

@Baggord… you just had to, didn’t you? :P

Nice to see Norway getting this soon. Looking forward to it.

thefirstassassin 17 November, 2009 @ 4:37 pm   53

”You cool with that? Let me know what you think.”
SCREW YOU IM FROM GREECE ALL THE COUNTRIES HAVE VIDZONE EXCEPT FROM GREECE
WHY?????
I WANT AN ANSWER NOW!
IS IT SOOOOOOOO DIFICULT TO LET GREECE HAVE THIS?

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

Hi Thefirstassassin

Sorry that we haven’t got to Greece yet. It is more dificult than you think to get a new country live (the whole team has been working all hours to get this one ready) We would love for the whole world to have VidZone, but we have to do it step by step. We will never tell you something unless we are sure it will happen (that’s why we left it so late to announce this update) but we are working on world domination!

For ppl asking about the vidstore i read that only 4 country’s getting it this year the rest wil get it next year so don’t get your hopes up.

DECEMBER 3rd! woho :)

Andrefpvs 17 November, 2009 @ 4:46 pm   56

Awesome, just 9 days from now! Take that Switzerland!

Just kidding, Portugal loves you guys :D

thank you for vidzone!

(and i feel sorry for Poland, hang in there guys!)

i went to the official site for vidzone but i can’t seem to find answers, so maybe any uk user can explain this to me:

1 – i understand it’s a streeming service, and free. But there are also mp3 or video selling? for how much goes the new Underworld – Downpipe video?

2 – like Playstation Home, do we have multiple HD reserv space options?

thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer :)

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

Hi XisTG

You can’t download videos or mp3′s so far on the service but we do have a lot of exciting things lined up for the future.

Yes we do require a certain amount of your HDD space, but we try to keep it to a minimum becuase we know this space is precious.

Hope that helps.

and Greece, and apparently Morrocos don’t even have PSN… man, Portugal ain’t that bad afterall :/

Ich_Baboulen 17 November, 2009 @ 5:03 pm   59

It seems that Greece wasn’t, isn’t and won’t be included in the future plans of SCEE probably because of the small market penetration or due to the in-existent local Sony representation.

Maybe Vidzone will come to Greece after all but we will have more options to choose a valid proxy from the activated countries and enjoy the service too. :)

FacanferPSN2 17 November, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   60

Thanks very much, i am waiting for it since June. Good work Sony

LOL it’s funny, as soon as we finally get to stop listening to the incessant whinging from Portugal and the Netherlands etc, we get Greece and Poland filling their place! People need to face up to the fact that due to lots of reasons from financial to technological to legal and everything inbetween it is not going to be possible for every Country to have every service. This is not just a SCEE issue, last time I checked they didn’t even have Xbox Live in Poland, and look on the bright side at least Polish language support is being added to PS3.

Yes I know that will be an unpopular stance given that I’m from the UK which tends to get everything first, but that is a perk of living in the 3rd largest gaming nation behind Japan and America – you can’t persecute Sony (or any company) for focusing on the main regions first as that is where the majority of the users and the majority of the profits are (e.g. the initial VidZone launch Countries catered for approx 80%+ of the SCEE install base).

I can imagine that in a years time if it does come to these Countries you’ll start getting people saying “When is VidZone coming to Nauru” or “When is VidZone coming to Tristan da Cunha” etc etc!!! Moral of the story is no company can please everyone at the same time…

wiktorclunk 17 November, 2009 @ 5:20 pm   63

eastern europe, of course, but after getting VidZone 2012. Sony cares about those who have money (western europe )……………

Raider197 17 November, 2009 @ 5:21 pm   64

Thanks Ben, I’ve had VidZone since launch but I’m very happy to finally see it roll out in other territories. Now I just have to wait for the Video Store to launch for Ireland in 2010 (I now know how the people waiting for VidZone feel.) Hopefully it will be early 2010 and not June or something.

Yes finally! The awesomeness that’s vidzone is finally available in Scandinavia!! I’m going to download it the minute it comes out. Thanks for the great work.

wiktorclunk 17 November, 2009 @ 5:28 pm   66

WHY?????

Kazper-DK 17 November, 2009 @ 5:29 pm   67

Thank you so much. Been waiting for this – patiently, because unlike most delays in implementation across regions, I realize that music IS in fact extremely complicated licensing-wise.

I’m sure Poland, Greece, etc. will get VidZone (I’m actually pleasantly surprised Denmark is on the list already instead of those two markets), but people need to realize that there is no way to license music globally. It’s much the same issue that SingStar faces. Thus, you cannot just open ANY store that sells/streams music globally (well not and do it legally).

So I understand the wait even if I didn’t like it and I suggest that others consider that it’s not Sony holding VidZone up but the music owners and some truly byzantine licensing rules across territories…

That said one thing I hope you work hard on is getting the same content on all territories. I realize there may be a few cases where it’s neigh on impossible to get rights everywhere, but the rest of the world should not be denied the greatness that is Nephew :p

Nice. This and the psp comic viewer is the two non-gaming things I’m looking most forward to. So it’s good it’s moving ahead. Really appreciate that you’re updating us on the progress as well – and that you have the magic word “finalized” in your vocabulary :D

Of course – if Playstation added downloadable ps2 games and the video-store to this, I could tell people that I’m spending several hours a day on my ps3 without shame :p ..Just wanted to mention that.

Snakebellic 17 November, 2009 @ 5:34 pm   69

Hi! It is funny, yesterday I asked a friend of mine: “Hey do you have Vidzone, and where do I get it”!

He just said: “It’s not available here! Don’t think this will appear that fast”!
And now, well, here it comes at the end of November.

Thank you, that’s great news!
Greetings from Austria!

This is probably the best application on the XMB at the moment IMO.

Good to others getting it.

Andrefpvs 17 November, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   71

@Apnomis (#61)

People also need to realize that if they don’t stand up for themselves and don’t “whinge” just like you said, then the service would never be available to them due to lack of interest, I believe. I’m all for people fighting for a better experience, not only on the PS3, but on life as a whole.

Hey, at least you acknowledged your stance would be unpopular.

Thanks!

Demonized 17 November, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   73

Well done Ben and all the guys at VidZone, I’m glad more people are able to use this service now, which is indeed awesome.

I’m anxious to see what features are gonna be added to VidZone down the line….buying/downloading mp3 singles/albums and even videos would be pretty cool.

Oh dear, quickly add some REAL artists to the Belgian roster, please! There’s so much more to our music scene than second-hand Euro-disco acts… %(

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 5:49 pm

Hey dsi278

We do try our best to get the best local artists. If the artist you want isn’t available, email ps-contact@vidzone.tv with your suggestions (and the record labels if you can) and we will do our best to license.

@Apnomis

gamers will always be whinging. As you put it so well, UK is in a privileged position and players living there benefit from it. However, gamers in other countries such as Portugal are as passionate for PS3 as UK gamers are, so they will always feel the need to cry for services or games or whatever they don’t have.

It’s only natural: every time the US gets anything way before Europe, i see a whole of UK (and Portugal, and all other countries) whinging. Take the God of War Collection for instance: major [DELETED] about it not being available on this side of the ocean.

That been said, i do agree there is too much whinging around. But hey, it’s natural and proportional to things other countries have and ours (fill in you country name) don’t :)

Ben Creasey, thank you for answering, looking forward to that Underworld clip :D

(sorry if this reply is posted twice)
@Apnomis

It’s only natural: every time the US gets anything way before Europe, i see a whole of UK (and Portugal, and all other countries) whinging. Take the God of War Collection for instance: major whinging about it not being available on this side of the ocean.

sweetasman01 17 November, 2009 @ 5:52 pm   78

Its about god dam time!

I’ve had vidzone since the start and tried to run it again just now in order to see the Underworld exclusive….but it’s stuck on the loading bar for ages, network light shows activity but Hd does not. Hope it’s just temporary fault.
Been 8 minutes now so i think i’ll quit and try again later.

Yeh great news, look forward to it coming to New Zealand….

“I have almost lost bodily functions!!”

Please don’t .. it makes too much mess :-)

Anyhow. Thank you for the post. It´s nice to see you are having a release date for this.

So it’ll be a good christmas after all! Now we won’t feel bad, when it turns out to be a non-white Christmas, because we will all be glued to our screens and our wonderful music videos! … Maybe I can use VidZone, if I am to host a ‘julefrokost’… =D

Love you guys in a straight way! :D
I’ve been waiting for this since I saw the article at Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

DarkStyler 17 November, 2009 @ 6:26 pm   84

Ben! Thanks so much! I’ve been waiting for this day since Vidzone for PS3 was announced! Bring on 10th December!!!!!!!!

grundmoon 17 November, 2009 @ 6:47 pm   86

OmG THANKS SO MUCH!

VidZone will be presented in English even if I’m using the Dutch PSN? Just asking because I’m not yet fluent with Dutch :-)

No Poland

:crying:

waypoetic 17 November, 2009 @ 6:54 pm   90

Wow. I mean, that’s great. But… The artist’s that represent Sweden…? C’mon. Abba, Peter Jöback and The Hives, that’s great. But. Darin? That little drooling kid? He was in the Swedish Idol-show. No! Nay! That’s… So wrong. And he’s so awful.

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

Hi Waypoetic

Sorry… We have to cater for all tastes… Can you pretend you just didn’t read that bit??

bushdoctor777 17 November, 2009 @ 7:12 pm   91

Yes finally…..been waiting some time for this.Thanks

Anyway, why they listed New Zeland. Don’t they have their own PSN with Australia?

Ich_Baboulen 17 November, 2009 @ 7:16 pm   93

@Darkstyler

Proxy is your friend, google how you can use proxies with PS3 and you will be able to use Vidzone provided you have a UK account.

No PS Store expansion? We still beg for Store/Home in Hungary. You don’t need our money or what?

Vandaliser 17 November, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   95

ben,

would we have vidzone in most countries in the future? most of my mates in america and the uae would loe this feature.

i think the more countries vidzone is in, the better for the long term future of the service.

What are the chances of South Africa getting VidZone? Zero?

I thought that if we are part of the EU we are also part of Europev :(

makingdamage 17 November, 2009 @ 7:38 pm   98

Great work! Now give yourself a pat on the back and have a cold beer.

theshepanator 17 November, 2009 @ 8:03 pm   99

Am I the only person to complain about my freinds knowing about my Celine Dion obsession!?

Ben Creasey 17 November, 2009 @ 9:03 pm

Hi theshepantor

you can turn that feature off if you want… I reckon you want people to know about your Dion addiction ;)

WilliamBirkin 17 November, 2009 @ 8:08 pm   100

Thank you very much…and awesome with Infernal + Nephew for denmark. They are…….outstanding.

No Vidzone.
No PSN Video Store.
No Netflix Streaming.
No Digital Comics.

Can we at least get something here that other countries don’t have?

grundmoon 17 November, 2009 @ 8:45 pm   102

oh… can i ask if you can put One Republic and Imogen Heap songs/video Clips on vidzone please?

Fantazyer 17 November, 2009 @ 9:07 pm   103

YES YES YES!!!

Finally! Thanks guys!!

wiktorclunk 17 November, 2009 @ 9:39 pm   104

No Vidzone.
No PSN Video Store.
No Netflix Streaming.
No Digital Comics.

Can we at least get something here that other countries don’t have?

the1pliskin 17 November, 2009 @ 9:42 pm   105

I’m portuguese anda have to thank you for the “attention”. This “attention” that the “competition” doesn’t support. Therefore I you have my sincere and grateful
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……
……….(Long X-Factor style pause)……

wiktorclunk 17 November, 2009 @ 9:44 pm   106

When crossgame voice chat

Thank you very much Ben!

@102 You had the Bible Bundle!

LoveDoctor 17 November, 2009 @ 9:53 pm   108

Finally finally finally!!!!
Thank you, Ben da Man!

Sorry, the Bible bundle comment was for Wiktor.

@ 107&109
Nice shot mate :) but that bible bundle was not done by Sony but by some book store so we still wait for Sony iniciative. I’m still not sure if bible sold ps3 or the other way around…

Enfin!!! Quelle bonne nouvelle. Un grand MERCI de toute la Belgique :)

This is about vidzone, not about cross game chat

Snugbucket 17 November, 2009 @ 11:07 pm   113

Thanks from New Zealand! It was only yesterday that I left a comment under the previous VidZone article that it was about time to let us know.

Great news that VIDZONE is expanding, but will it ever come to greece????

Are there news fos this service arriving to Andorra; my little country?

woo hoo! less whinging on the blog! nice work Ben and team. its great to see you continuing your support for the PAL regions.

Szymek_PL 18 November, 2009 @ 1:00 am   117

here is Poland? We are here, we waiting :P

Yay finally :) btw will we in sweden get netflix in the future? ^^

Woooooohooooo! Bring it on Dec 10. Thanks guys was soooo itching to hear those dates. And some NZ content too, legend! Damn, now I gotta wait 3 weeks hahaha. Keep up the good work :)

kazagill 18 November, 2009 @ 3:05 am   120

Australia isn’t on the list, but New Zealand is, does this mean Australia will get it or won’t get it?

Ben Creasey 18 November, 2009 @ 9:59 am

Hey kazagill

Australia already have it… Get to your playstation now and download!

Shah-Rukh-Khan 18 November, 2009 @ 3:49 am   121

hello i live in Mauritius found in the Indian ocean, i have not been able to use Vidzone yet. I would really like if you guys made an update to make it work here please. Thank you

@120 It’s already out in Australia dude. Came out back around June

ViceCily 18 November, 2009 @ 4:32 am   123

Why not Russia? We wait!

ViceCily 18 November, 2009 @ 4:32 am   124

*We are waiting!

LagunaHeartly 18 November, 2009 @ 5:05 am   125

Sooo..Russia by any chance? 2010 at least?

Wyrmchaser 18 November, 2009 @ 5:38 am   126

Weeeee! SO looking forward to this! Thank you!

Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you…Thank you……..

and one more…Thank you! ;-)

BessieUK 18 November, 2009 @ 9:23 am   128

Do this for all 27 EU countries!

Scavenger_ro 18 November, 2009 @ 9:59 am   129

Nice to see some EU Countries have something bright to look upon…
Waiting for all EU – UE countries to at least have access to Home and PS Store…

Yeah, just give it to all United European countries…i know thats hard thing to do but I know that you can do it ! ;)

wiktorclunk 18 November, 2009 @ 10:15 am   131

No Vidzone.
No PSN Video Store.
No Digital Comics.

Can we at least get something here that other countries don’t have?

When Poland???? When East Europe????????????????

Lasgo, Sylver and Kate Ryan? Not bad at all, get Milk Inc. in there as well asap :D

DarkStyler 18 November, 2009 @ 10:19 am   133

Hello guys.Keep up the good work and everything.I just wanna ask one thing.Is this application going to come in Greece during the first 6 months of 2010 ?I would appreciate and answer mate.

StoneCold313 18 November, 2009 @ 10:52 am   134

Yes, finally…

I’ve been waiting for this to come to Finland since it was announced. Especially since MTV has the screen filled with “love counters” and all the other cr*p what fills the screen. You can barely see the actual videos. And i have 40″ tv so it ain’t about that…

*put big thumbs up smiley here*

can we play songs of other artists too or is it just then artists in our region

Ben Creasey 18 November, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

Hi menik

Yeah, each label has different country licenses per video, but a lot of the time The label will have a video for all VidZone countries. This means that most of our videos are available in all countries.

If you do see videos that we have’t got then please email playstation@vidzone.tv and we will try our best to get them.

Hope this answers your question

Slovenia is out off any lists…
no Home.
no PSN,
no Vidzone,
no PSN Video Store.
no Netflix Streaming.
no Digital Comics

Noisepurge 18 November, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   137

i love you Ben! (in a…brotherly…strictly professional way)

great update Ben, i think it’s one of the best features of PSN.

As you see i’m from poland and yes i whine about it because games only aren’t most exiting argument about ps3. Vidzone is like PS HOME or PSN STORE or VIDEO store. Few great features what define PSN.

If i told my friends about vidzone they definetly some of them will go buy ps3. :)

Faster you get this feature for Poland and rest countries the more folks will be joining to PSN :)

Awesome, you actually kept your Q4 promise! :D

Looking forward to this!

wiktorclunk 18 November, 2009 @ 1:55 pm   140

When POLAND????????????

How do this where Polish?
Polish it does not exist, there are no us in EU.
You will get AXN be please just so eyes soap us
I begin regretting, that I chose console which does not take care about owners in my country
We have 6 place in sale konsol and games and despite then they not they to give a [DELETED] us
Peace, Love & Truth

DarkStyler 18 November, 2009 @ 4:07 pm   142

PS:Tried twice already lol <.<

No Vidzone.
No PSN Video Store.
No Netflix Streaming.
No Digital Comics.

Can we at least get something here that other countries don’t have?

When it’ll be available in Poland?

Ben could you clear something up for me, my wife is Greek and searched for an Greek artist she likes, Sakis Rouvas. After searching his name came up but then told her the category was empty. I assumed the UK users didn’t have the rights to see the videos but if Greece doesn’t have Vidzone what gives?!?

PS great service BTW, makes MS charging for individual music videos on live seem really greedy.

Ben Creasey 18 November, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

Hi Rick

It means that that artist is available in another VidZone territory but not yours. Just becuase it is a Greek artist doesn’t mean he would be licensed in Greece. He would be licensed to a label for all countries apart from the UK where he is licensed to another label that we don’t have a deal with. If you know what label he is licensed to in the UK we will try to license it with pleasure so he is available in th UK.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers Ben, I’m sorry I haven’t a clue who he’s licenced to here in the UK, I don’t think Greek language music really exists ina big way outside Greece itself, that’s why I was so surprised to see Greek artists on VZ but without a Greek client!

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated!

DarkStyler 18 November, 2009 @ 5:37 pm   147

PS:Tried twice already lol <.<

Ben Anyway that are you going to answer me ?

Ben Creasey 18 November, 2009 @ 5:54 pm

Hi DarkStyler

I can’t say anything that i’m not sure of. We do have plans for additional rollouts but you will have to wait and see. Please don’t lose hope and keep checking back here for updates.

Thanks

wiktorclunk 18 November, 2009 @ 5:55 pm   148

When Poland?????

DarkStyler 18 November, 2009 @ 6:10 pm   149

Thanks Ben,you are the man.

hey ben you said that you got “all” videoclips but wikipedia says “The majority of videos are from artists signed to both Sony Music and the Universal Music Group.” so you go “buy” videos from other record companys too then?

Well it is pretty obvious that Eastern European countries are getting “neglected” -which doesn’t mean that’s SCEE fault- but you got the drift.

I don’t really see anything going on soon, thanks to lousy copyrights :)

Grimcross 19 November, 2009 @ 11:31 am   152

Oh god, not lordi =(

Great! We have been waiting for this…

TheKillerSnowman 19 November, 2009 @ 11:56 am   154

Finally :) Great work sony

nebula717 20 November, 2009 @ 12:03 pm   155

I would love to see it in Czech Republic, any ETA?

Finally :D:D:D:D

GiorgosGrx 24 November, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   157

Again we are out of it! It’s sad, EU should be treated as a whole not like you do.

great…. i look forward to check this out… norway is best :):)

Diamand12 26 November, 2009 @ 10:05 am   159

Well, it’s 26 November 11AM and no Vidzone is appearing on my PS3. When is it going to be on? at night?

I also want to know when Vidzone will arrive today in the Netherlands? Please tell us, can’t wait any longer!

PS. Realy happy we get it!

Where’s Russia? -__-

solid0snake 26 November, 2009 @ 12:38 pm   162

Its nearly 2pm. Austria i waiting.

RBarcelos 26 November, 2009 @ 1:58 pm   163

14:00 don’t vidzone in Portugal!
Why?

RBarcelos, wait for the psn store update, it should come with it.

Ben Creasey 26 November, 2009 @ 3:39 pm   165

Hey All,

New countries aren’t live just yet. But they will be very soon. Don’t worry you will be the first to know when they are!!

Exciting heh!!?

Diamand12 26 November, 2009 @ 3:43 pm   166

very soon means not today?

RBarcelos 26 November, 2009 @ 4:28 pm   167

already

RBarcelos 26 November, 2009 @ 4:30 pm   168

was downloaded in English store

Diamand12 26 November, 2009 @ 4:45 pm   169

Woopy… updating Vidzone music video catalogue as we speak.

I can’t find it anywhere. How did you update?

Diamand12 26 November, 2009 @ 5:27 pm   171

I had the application from before through the English site. Now it just started working, finally. Looks and sounds very very nice.

Moncacho 26 November, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   172

yes portugal

Ben Creasey 27 November, 2009 @ 11:03 am   173

Hey everyone!

How’s is everyone loving VidZone?

LOADS of you have been busy downloading the ap and streaming LOADS of video.

Thanks to everyone who checked VidZone out and we hope you carry on loving it.

Ben

Finally Portugal is seeing some love!!! And I’m also having a nice birthday gift!

Now for Video Store!!!

Best Regards,
Anthon.

hartyshow 28 November, 2009 @ 8:37 am   175

Bonjour,

Je suis content pour les nouveaux élus, mais cela me confirme que l’U E est une grande supercherie finacière car encore une fois nous ne sommes pas égaux sur un simple sujet comme vidzone :-(

Je vais attendre le 10 Décembre pour en profiter mais j’aurai une pensée pour mes amis gamer PS3 exclus car habitant dans un pays qui n’intéresse pas financièrement SONY !

MurderousMorte 3 December, 2009 @ 10:20 am   176

Hey Ben!

Thanks ALOT for bringing Vidzone to Sweden in such a timely manner, honestly wasn’t expecting it this year… Just wondering if you could give us an estimate on when we can expect the app to go live on the store?

Keep up the good work guys and girls, it’s awesome…