Posted 1:02pm

Blue Toad Murder Files First Teaser Video

Hi everyone,

We had such a great time on the Blog a few weeks ago that we’ve come back to show you our first teaser video for Blue Toad Murder Files!

The comments on the Blog were really encouraging. It’s great for us to have the chance to speak to you directly about your thoughts on the game. Please let us know what you think about the video.

This is only our first video but it should give you a few hints about the style, characters and storyline in the game. We’ll be releasing two further trailers before the game launches so you can find out a little more about our suspects. Although we’re not going to give too much away and spoil it for anyone!

Enjoy.

Thanks,

David and Andy

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Actually looks awesome, really looking forward to it. Hope the puzzles aren’t toooooo easy though! :-)

I’m looking forward to it. I can’t wait to see the other 2 vids :)

designheadache 19 November, 2009 @ 1:21 pm   3

I played the first chapter at the Eurogamer Expo, it was loads of fun lovely presented with some fun puzzles. Highly recommended.

almighty-slayer 19 November, 2009 @ 1:29 pm   4

Looks awesome guys. I’m really looking forward to the first couple of episodes :)

Yet more of my money heads towards Brighton.

Stop making great games ;)

David Amor 19 November, 2009 @ 1:33 pm   6

Thanks for the support guys. And thanks to the PlayStation blog for hosting the exclusive of our trailer.

Looking forward to this, it has a “Professor Layton” feel about it, which my wife and I enjoy playing together.

This looks fantastic.

Make sure this is promoted heavily :)

Looking good Relentless :)

Does Buzz! make a cameo? lol

Galvanise_ 19 November, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   10

Hi David. What is the gameplay like itself? I’m a big fan of mystery games like Broken Sword, and particularly like finding clues, keeping items in an inventory and quizzing suspects.
Though the PEGI rating appears to be low, how have you gotten away with having a game based around murder available to 7 and ups?

Hope to hear back from you.

David Amor 19 November, 2009 @ 3:52 pm

The gameplay is observational challenges, puzzles and of course the whodunnit at the end. It’s not a point and click with an inventory. More Layton than Monkey Island, I’d say.

As for the PEGI rating, the game is about murder, but it’s murder in the MMMMURDERRRR! sense. Tongue firmly in cheek.

It looks very fun from the trailer. Im buying this when it will be out

Lee_and_Nomi 19 November, 2009 @ 2:55 pm   12

I won’t be watching as I want to keep this game in it’s sparkley, digital cellophane till I can download it.

Is there any chance we’ll be able buy a ‘season pass’, rather tahn just bundling 2 episodes together at a time?

Thanks and really looking forward to sitting down on a sunday night with my girlfriend and playing this game.

David Amor 19 November, 2009 @ 3:57 pm

No plans for a seaon pass just yet. I don’t think the store has the facility to pay for episodes that haven’t been released, if you see what I mean.

Great idea to plan a Sunday night in with it. I prefer playing it in a group because it’s fun when you spot something that others in the room haven’t. What fun it solving crimes if you can’t rub each other’s face in it?

makingdamage 19 November, 2009 @ 3:37 pm   13

Really fun and cool voice over!

Looks like the perfect game to play on christmas night with the family, and maybe a wee glass of cider. Really looking forward to playing. Cheers.

AKGermany 19 November, 2009 @ 5:35 pm   15

There needs to be an episode with an evil cow.

The store could handle a season pass I’d think – just look at Qore on the US store. Anyway, I’d still prefer to try the first single episode out before I’d think of a subscription.

GhostViper 19 November, 2009 @ 5:44 pm   16

This game looks great. Can’t wait for this. Love games like this. :)

Ravenblade86 19 November, 2009 @ 7:01 pm   17

Really like the art-style and the sense of humour the game clearly has, looking forward to playing it when it comes out. Can see it being played on Christmas day when the family are around :)

Galvanise_ 19 November, 2009 @ 11:02 pm   18

Thanks for the response David. I’m a Prof. Layton fan too, so this also appeals to me. Looks like I’ll be getting the first two episodes ‘bundle’ pack. Its nice to have something like this available in December when typically there is very little.

Hopefully the Xmas buyers will take a good look at this title when they open their PS3 on Xmas day.

This looks really good. The PS3 is crying out for adventure/point and click games.

“That’s Tom, who does all the voices for the game. He’s really good.”

He does his “rrrr”‘s really well. Did he introduce Rhydian at Xfactor? He’d be good at that :D

CodeMonkey_UK 20 November, 2009 @ 9:23 am   21

Really looking forward to this series, just hope there’s at least some replay factor in there.

@Azulcity: From what i understand it’s not really a point and click, more like the layton series mixed with cluedo. For point and clicks you might want to start hounding Telltale games. Why they haven’t ported their engine to the PS3 yet is beyond me, truly missing a huge trick.

get2sammyb 20 November, 2009 @ 11:58 am   22

Looks awesome. Can’t wait to check it out.

Looks grrrrreat!
Will it be localized to other languages?

slickjones 20 November, 2009 @ 2:50 pm   24

I recently won a BTMF t-shirt and hat, so I guess I owe it to check out this game. It actually looks quite interesting, it’s great we’re revisiting the old point-and-click sort of games like in the 90′s.

I’ll be sure to get you guys some free advertising when I’m out and about with my new t-shirt :)

this facebook stuff killed your video, talk to sony

More proof (after Heavy Rain) that traditional adventures games can work on PS3.