Posted 2 December
SingStar Holiday Update
Hi everyone, you might have noticed that the SingStar servers have been down for maintenance. This is because we’re getting ready to launch a shiny new SingStar Holiday update to version 4.30.
Firstly, and most importantly, this update fixes the missing songs / videos and other issues a number of you found with the previous version update. We’re really sorry that we caused these errors in the last SingStar update, and want to thank all of you for being so patient while these problems were being fixed and tested thoroughly. Your feedback to us on these problems has been invaluable, so thank-you! Hopefully, once you’ve updated you’ll find everything back to normal : )
Well, not quite normal actually. There are a number of cool new features also added in this Holiday update for you to try out too!
Here’s a quick rundown:
- What’s Hot? – Now you can see Top 10s on the SingStore of our hottest content from current Top 10 downloads to top festive tunes.
- Quick Buy – Watching a media clip of someone singing a song you really like and fancy adding it to your collection? Now you can go and view it directly in the SingStore at the press of a button!
- SingStore On Demand – You can preview SingStore songs available directly from the Song Selection screen in the game. Just press the Square button and you can view the whole SingStore catalogue while playing.
- Previously Purchased Content – If you’re in SingStore you can instantly see which songs you’ve bought before.
- Download all purchased songs option – In the SingStore, you can now download all the tracks you’ve purchased before quickly and easily. Just go to ‘Purchase History’ and select from there.
- My Favourite Media – This feature allows you to bookmark your favourite media clips in the community in your profile, so you can quickly watch them again and again.
- Clubs – You can transfer leadership of a club to another person.
- Cartoon Interface – This gives child-friendly in-game feedback and end of song rankings.
- XMB User Player Profiles – When adding player names into your new game, you can now select from names stored on XMB (i.e. login profiles).
Phew, that’s it!
Last, but not least, all of us here in the SingStar team want to take this opportunity to say a big THANK-YOU to all of you who’ve played, bought and sung your hearts out with SingStar over the past 5 years. We’ve just reached a fantastic 20 MILLION copies sold, and it’s all down to you!
Let me know your comments below on the update and more – I’ll answer what I can : )