Posted 11:15am

Street Fighter 4 Costumes, And VidZone Presents Groove Armada

What’s new this week in PlayStation Home?

Today’s update will bring new costumes to the Street Fighter 4 space, so make sure to drop in and have a browse. With seven new costumes available, there’s plenty to choose from. For the men there will be Balrog, M. Bison, Sagat, El Fuerte, Rufus, and Akuma. For the ladies a C.Viper costume will be available. Which will you choose?

PlayStation Home C Viper Costume

PlayStation Home Akuma Costume

Later on Thursday make sure to get yourself into the Presentation Podium for exclusive interviews, music, and more as VidZone presents Groove Armada! Celebrating the upcoming release of their latest album, Black Light, this is a party you won’t want to miss.

Groove Armada Home Gig

There’s plenty to do away from the stage area as well, with a new mini-game and new rewards. Whether striving to be the fastest to learn the intricacies of the new game or searching for the hidden VidZone merchandise in the zone, there’s something for everyone.

Don’t wait too long, as this is a strictly limited time only event.

Thylaudax / Alex

For more information on Groove Armada go to www.groovearmada.com/ps3. I Won’t Kneel single released 23.11.2009. Black Light Album released 22.02.2010.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

63 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Excellent. Any news on when the Flugtag mini-game will start working?

Alex Weekes 3 December, 2009 @ 11:20 am

I’ll post to the forum thread as soon as I have something to share on the Flugtag.

sowasred2012 3 December, 2009 @ 11:19 am   2

I swear, I don’t usually moan, and this isn’t even a proper moan, seriously, all updates are muchos appreciated – but where’s the Cammy costume?

Why do they get 6 and we get 1?

:( No Flugtag today then. Sigh

godsgift1888 3 December, 2009 @ 11:24 am   5

alex have you heard anything about the other items

the hovercraft the dice and shrinking potion we were due an update about them weeks ago but we never got it :O

another rubbish update this is why i deleted home . namco museum , siren space , stage set , ghostbusters stuff , is scee gna get these out sometime 2011 wait a full year like we did for the uncharted 1 space . ill continue to say it coz its true SCEE ARE ALIENATING CUSTOMERS with this treatment , u.s try everythn to get users in home yet scee roll stuff out 5 to 6 months later which is why theres no poknt in home for scee regions , let down after let down . sorry for the rant bt i was a big fan of home bt scee have ruined it for me and my m8s also bettr using u.s home

Kitty-Wali- 3 December, 2009 @ 11:28 am   7

Morning Alex,

Excellent Work
When we will be able to login in home ?

Thanks Alex,I wasn’t ‘goin to Goa’ but i changed my mind :D
What time does the party start?

@Jem : i got an email clarifying the vid store availability, tnx m8 ;)

DANTHEMAN121 3 December, 2009 @ 11:31 am   9

gr8 update can’t wait

Thanks SCEE

godsgift1888 3 December, 2009 @ 11:32 am   10

WOO all the forumers are here XD

Whooo!

alex just relized your the new community manager . anychance u can find out abt timeframe for the delayed spaces especially namco museum we have bn waiting months for it we are only region without it . also tell drexl we wanna buy pool tables and freezeball for our appartments . cheers

godsgift1888 3 December, 2009 @ 11:42 am   13

@12 there isnt a namco museum space its only a game and its for psn so that is out of alexs hands you would need to see mike about tha t one

i think the pool tables for apartments has been known for ages:P lol and an update on some spaces we have yet to get would be nice to have:D

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 11:42 am   14

@6 & 12 – You just said you deleted Home so what does it matter when they are released and you clearly won’t be using them.

I reckon they should release and spelling, punctuation and grammar space for home. Some of our…less educated…users could then spend the time learning how to properly structure sentences so we can all understand them.

Back on topic. Nice update but not something I’d be interested in.

Alex, Edit my forum post will ya!

Nice update.

The C Viper costume is as ugly as hell though xD

Is it in parts or just one full outfit item?

6 costumes to choose from which will you choose? if your a girl i think the choice is obvious nice wording.

Good morning,

Quantity is not important, quality is.
I would have expected a dramatic change of direction with the recent introduction of the new Home Community Manager, but it sure appears that Home will remain the very same and still prioritize on revenue making for the rest of its days. Oh well, some people are interested in spending money on virtual socks, which in my opinion is absurd.

Where are the once promised features that would make of Home an application destined to make gaming more fun, such as the Trophy room for example?

Phil Harrison had a dream that was Home. I enormously believed in it. Sadly, SCEE had different plans.
Sincerily,

aat08

AaronSOLDIER 3 December, 2009 @ 11:48 am   18

YES! AKUMA AND M.BISON!

kazicameron 3 December, 2009 @ 11:49 am   19

I hope you havent forgotton that your giving us VIDZONE today in sweden!!! :)

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 11:50 am   20

@18 It isn’t worded as a question to just the girls. It’s worded to everyone. Girls can choose to wear the male costumes using a male avatar. Unless your saying that girls only use female fighters in the game as well as in home :-p

Cool stuff, gonna check it out later today. :-)

@ aat08 I believe that dream is dead, Sony please prove me wrong

imajinetion 3 December, 2009 @ 12:05 pm   23

When will Home become more integrated with the rest of PS3? I want my Home guy as avatar on PSN!

Akuma’s outfit is the wrong colour…..

Is liking the mythology of Street Fighter a good enough reason to visit the SFIV space?

Does anyone else like the idea of introducing a Home ‘parallel universe’ in the form of Myst Online: Uru Live?

Is the PlayStation Home engine capable of full gameplay?

godsgift you said there wasnt a namco space but you are wrong theres the namco museum gallery i think its called in both u.s and jap homes with loads of pacman , galaga arcade machines for everyone to play . thought of all people u knew this lol

Skookie30 3 December, 2009 @ 12:21 pm   27

Good afternoon: it‘s a so-so update i not have look on scea-blog yet.

i to alex wonder, when are we getting the other spaces eg. namco space siren etc.

anyway im gutted with mil i to was looking forward to flutag :(

what happend to europe getting the assasins creed 2 stuff . are we gonna get it when everyone has done playing the game months later like resident evil 5 stuff .

Alex Weekes 3 December, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

It’s coming as soon as possible, however I don’t have an exact date just yet.

Carnivius_Prime 3 December, 2009 @ 12:26 pm   29

Heh. More SFIV costumes always good. Got a friend who’s been waiting for an Akuma one to appear.

godsgift1888 3 December, 2009 @ 12:30 pm   30

Still wrong seany there is namco spaces however none are musuem related they have GL from the games available with the PSN download but it is not a direct space more just a place to put them and make it look pretty

xbox live avatars get pets from today wasnt home ment to get these yet 360 just take sonys idea and put it out within months

so godsgift why is it listed as a space with a tab in both regions

i really really want that Ezio’s assassin’s creed costume. :( I just started playing on it and now hooked.

Alex,

is this the last SF4 outfit in the schedule for female avatars?

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 12:56 pm   35

@ 31 – Amen to that

My previous questions were aimed at Mr Weekes as well as the general public.

mrgreaper2004 3 December, 2009 @ 1:26 pm   37

are we getting the ghostbusters apartment (you know the one the us have had for what 6 months?) how about namco musem? acording to ps3news there will be assasins creed outfits released in the usa, will we be getting them atleast?

mrgreaper2004 3 December, 2009 @ 1:31 pm   38

im sorry but are sony europe staff lazy or is it a case of sony usa just not caring about europe cos its one or the other and updates like this are kinda insulting

wooo more clothes to buy

nah dante nt satisfied especially when we havent gt spaces from 3 and 4 months ago and items . some people settle for mediocrity in life though . not me sorry

mrgreaper2004 3 December, 2009 @ 2:02 pm   40

um, i made a similier point to seany1, im not a troll. i just think some of the stuff from the usa is better and i want to see it in the uk. the ghostbusters stuff for example, here in the uk ghostbusters was a ps3 exclusive for a long time but it was america that got the apartment (and were not just talking something decortive, it has function (a blue screen for machina, a working echo1, etc)

theres very little i would pay money for on home but that is one. when i first loaded up home i tought it was like shenmu but multiplayer and loved the feel of it till i met a few people and asked how to earn money to buy the clothes (i spent an hour looking for the job centre!) a friend of mine has a usa account and uses it regulary (personly i dont want to risk being banned so i dont have one) the usa one is better populated has more to do and is just well better. i complained in the hope scee would see and tell us why there is such a lack of content between usa and europe and what they are doing about it

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 2:33 pm   41

@50 – I understand what you’re saying but everything in the states is going to be better. And that doesn’t just go for gaming. The economy, way of life, exchange rate is all a lot better than in many parts of Europe.

If people constantly look over the fence at what the neighbours have then they’re going to constantly want the same thing.

If we didn’t have access to see what the Jones’ were up to then we wouldn’t complain. NA and JP territories get things early because the rules are different out there. I’m referring to licensing, rating, developing. We may get some of it later than them, we nay not get it at all, but at the end of the day you cannot miss what you never had, so embrace what the EU version of home is all about and don’t constantly complain that we don’t have what the americans have. It’s counter productive at the end of the day.

@ 22

Dear Black13 ,

I too have once shared this same hope in which SCEE would wake up at last and attentively listen to all the EU customer has to share regarding the evolution of the Home application. In fact, i carried it for nearly eight long months, until i realized during a humid August afternoon that it was finally time to give up on the application. Since the day i took this decision, the total time I have spent in home must not exceed one hour. And looking at the present state of Home few weeks after the introduction of our new Home Community Manager, there is simply no doubt that no major change to both Playstation Home and official forums service is planned. As i once stated, the minimum of Home Community Managers SCEE needs is three. As long as this number has not been reached, the EU customer will be left drowning in darkness.

Where is the official Playstation Home community website demonstrated by Phil Harrison? Where is the trophy room? In short, where are all the promised features?

We complain because we care. We really do. Some of us have however to seriously improve their handwriting and more importantly learn about constructive criticism.

Kind regards,
aat08

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 3:46 pm   43

@ aat08

If this were the forums I’d be giving you Kudos. Couldn’t have put it better. There is a way and a means in expressing dislike. Talking down to SCEE and treating them like lowly surfs won’t get anyone anywhere, PLUS this isn’t even the place.

The comment areas are specifically for the items on show. Not to debate what is and isn’t here.

That’s why we HAVE the SCEE forums. Use those.

The mods get the word out a lot quicker than the individuals who only post here to advertise one product at a time.

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 4:16 pm   44

Mine got deleted too tho and they ARE off topic but then again so are a few of my other posts. Meh.

I was just waiting for the store update post. Now it’s here I can toddle off.

Dear SpiderMike_X ,

Absolutely. You are absolutely right. Formal complaints must be shared on the forums, but the past has clearly demonstrated that they unfortunately were all simply ignored or forgotten. In my honest opinion, if SCEE did truly care about improving the EU service, and if the new Home Community Manager was also fully determined to make a remarkable change, he himself would have started an official thread on this sensible subject moments after his arrival. All users, me included, would therefore have the prestigious opportunity to share our sincere remarks and more importantly have the certainty that they would all be read. Constructive criticism must however apply: all ‘bashing’ and ‘trolling’ must instantly be erased. I truly look forward to reading users’ opinions about the present state of Playstation Home and concrete solutions that could hopefully reduce the negativity surrounding the EU service.

Communication is the key.

Cordially,

aat08

another question why is there still such a disparity in content in home between men and women?

my new sig type thing, will be in every comment. :)
Jem
“I’ll make sure you see more replies on here from now on. That’s one of the main purposes of the blog, after all.”

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 4:23 pm   47

I promised myself I would reinstall Home in the new year and give it a second chance. I was very displeased with the lack of….well ANYTHING when it was brought out of the closed beta and I just felt it was taking ip space on the HDD. I’ve heard that it has vastly grown but every time I check in on here or the forums it’s littered with complaints. The majority of those being that EU Home doesn’t have what the NA Home has but the same can be said for the game store, the video store and the shop shelves altogether (I mean where the hell is out GoW Collection?!?)

I understand the localisation process, however, as well as the legal ramifications regarding the use of specific content in this region, regardless how simplistic it looks to install, so I can get past that.

I’d much prefer more interaction between the 3 communities and functionality with the PS3 and PSP, rather than having copies of what is in the other versions of Home.

I find the program ITSELF lacking, not the content.

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 4:25 pm   48

Apologies for spamming but Home is very poorly moderated as well, and the last interaction I had with a moderator was unpleasant as he seemed more inclined to show off his mod powers with some of his friends than actually do anything about the 4 individuals who were exploiting a glitch in the program. It was after that I deleted it and typed a scathing review on the forums, which was promptly deleted and I got a 1 week ban from the PSN for it.

Now I’m a conformist, for my own sanity as I love the ability to game with my buddies.

when they decided to chop up home into their little regional blocks, like sony do everything, that was the death of the home phil harrison talked about.what we have now is a shell of the home he talked about.
all home is now is a virtual mall, or in the case of the eu home a virtual flee market.
sony and or scee seem detirmined to ghettoise the eu psn.
from the store to home.

SpiderMike_X 3 December, 2009 @ 4:28 pm   50

Just went to sign in and Ive been banned from the PSN

Load all