Posted 11:30am

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Hello everybody,

Time for the video store update. Below is the list of new additions to the video store this week:

UK

To Rent:

• The Beach
  • The Exorcist
  • Public Enemies
  • The Uninvited
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  • Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!
  • Dead Snow
  • Cheri
  • Year One
  • Tormented
  • Starsky & Hutch
  • The Last House on the Left

You’ve been asking for 5.1 audio and I am happy to confirm that we now have several titles available in 5.1. And yes, we plan to add more each week. Here is the current list – enjoy!

UK

• Ice Age
  • Dude, Where’s My Car?
  • Sideways
  • Angels & Demons
  • Trick or Treat

For lists relevant to non-UK territories, check out the French, Spanish and German Blogs.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

118 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first
xKillerMonkeyx 4 December, 2009 @ 11:31 am   1

Spanish blog doesnt have the Spanish update,

MatthewSFC 4 December, 2009 @ 11:32 am   2

Guess I’ll rent Public Enemies. XD

Much better format this week for the post Olga, nicely done!

RadioactiveMouse 4 December, 2009 @ 11:40 am   4

More for rental please and in HD if at all possible. :)

Is there any timeframe for how long after certain films come out before they are able to rent? At the moment the lack of simultaneous release means that some people are being diverted away by services such as LoveFilm.
( It would be great if some movies could be negotiated to be released before other services. A bit like the deal BlockBuster gets every so often ;) )

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

Thank you for your comment!
    there is no specific rule as it depends on the studio. Good news that some titles will be available on the same date for both rental and purchase. As an example Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and The Hangover will be available to rent or buy at the Video Store starting Monday December 7th :)

Pamperdamps 4 December, 2009 @ 11:42 am   5

Good to see a complete list and glad to hear some films now in 5.1 with more to follow. That will please many.

Any ideas when the latest Star Trek will be available to rent?

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 1:14 pm

UK current date for rental is 22nd December. Have you not seen it yet? its really cool :)

commuterzombie 4 December, 2009 @ 11:43 am   6

Much better update format than last week, good to see Public enemies up for rental. Thanks!

I think they might have misheard. When we asked about 5.1 movies, we weren’t talking about how many had surround sound :P

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 11:48 am   8

When will we get emailed out Da Vinci Code codes??

Haha…Code codes

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 12:35 pm

The Code for the Da Vinci code is coming next week :) I will double check exact date and let you know!

Glad to see Public Enemies and X:Men Origins available for rent as i have been meaning to watch these for a while.

It took me while but i think i get the format of this service now. Titles available to buy for a couple of weeks then available to rent. I do hope the above films are available to rent in HD.

Thanks for the update.

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 11:49 am   10

Also, where is Harry Potter? It came out on DVD this week…And last week i believe you mentioned it would be out “next week” (i.e. today)

Dutch_Rootsman 4 December, 2009 @ 11:53 am   11

When is this coming to Australia? Please respond?

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 12:36 pm

Hi there, I dont have exact date unfortunately. Will communicate as soon as its confirmed cheers

betahoven 4 December, 2009 @ 11:54 am   12

Yes the list format is much better, and the introduction of movies with 5.1 audio is good news. I think I will rent Public Enemies this weekend :)

Hi Olga :)

Nice list of movies :) I’ve just checked the french video store on my psp ! :) Great to see the first 5.1 movies ! And I hope you’re still inverstigating for the original version all over the europe :) You gave me hope last week !
So, what are you gonna rent or buy this week ? ;)
Have a great week-end !

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 12:40 pm

hmmm I think I need a good chick flick this weekend to get over cold London weather… maybe Great Expectations :)

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 11:59 am   14

My mistake, i thought HP was out on monday but apparently it is out next monday.

Question on Da Vinci code code still stands though please Olga :)

And yeah i agree with everyone else that this format is much much better

If we have already purchased Angels and Demons do we have to re-download it to get 5.1 surround sound on it?

Bacon_Crispies 4 December, 2009 @ 12:12 pm   16

Any news on the PSN Exclusive Anime Xam’d that was released with the US and Japan Video Store?

My mistake, just re-read what you put xD

xchris2008x 4 December, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   18

@10

Olga said Harry Potter will be out on the 7th december (monday)

Olga – You missed some titles on your list that has recently appeared in the store ( cars, pirates of the caribbian rental titles ect)

xchris2008x 4 December, 2009 @ 12:24 pm   19

The Last House on the Left is coming up as buy only on my ps3

Seriously, if you BUY a movie you must be an idiot.

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 12:43 pm

really? :( I buy movies all the time because if its a good one I like to watch them over and over again!

last house on the left isnt available to rent only buy . can i ask to olga why are you lot putting films like i love you man and aeon flux as new when they were there on store day 1 to buy 2 weeks ago .

@ 21 agreed . especially since u lose everythn u buy if ps3 ever breaks . its in terms and conditions sony arent liable

xchris2008x 4 December, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   23

last comment – Will we see any more christmas films on the store soon?

xchris2008x 4 December, 2009 @ 12:33 pm   24

christmas films to rent*

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 2:08 pm

which ones you are after? we got Love Actually for rent – the best Xmas film of ALL times :)

looking at the whats hot section of store its clear as day users have spoken and want to rent in hd /sd not buy 11.99 downloads . MORE RENTALS otherwise store will fail

why are there lots of old films like leon etc priced at 11.99 with no option to rent , u can buy leon on dvd for 3 pound and 7 on blu ray .lol u guys are really turning people away with these rip offs

Can you include pricing in the next update please? (as we have that for the PSN store). This helps me to decide whether something is worth getting or not. Thanks.

what happend to 50 new films a week according to scee head andrew house , theres abt 15 this week lol POOOOR

Andy-McK-4ever 4 December, 2009 @ 12:55 pm   29

Any news on a definate date for the Irish Video Store being launched? Would January be a bit too optimistic?

i would prefer if there will be equal number of “rent” videos with “to buy” videos.

That way i will buy a movie if i enjoyed watching rental version.

Most of the new movies i found on video store are “to buy” only. pretty unfair really.

Please keep this in mind.

As for now, i might as well pop down to blockbusters and rent bluray, then i’d buy a movie off video store

Are we gonna be able to buy HD movies?

I don’t see the reasoning behind providing rental and purchase options for SD movies and only rental for HD.

Excellent news about 5.1 – I hope this becomes standard with new releases from now on, unless there is a particular restriction on using it from the studio. Also don’t be afraid to go back and re-release some of the existing titles with 5.1 audio! :)

kingkenny76 4 December, 2009 @ 1:09 pm   33

When is this coming to Ireland? Please respond?

JordanBlack68 4 December, 2009 @ 1:10 pm   34

Prices are far too high

Silent_Gig 4 December, 2009 @ 1:14 pm   35

Any anime?

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 1:16 pm   36

@Olga

Cool, an update on a day other than a thursday :) Will this be regular or just when there is a big release like Harry Potter?

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 1:37 pm

we are still evaluating the best day for updates on the video store. The reason is that we make content available on its 1st available day and where UK big blockbusters are usually available on Mondays, the days for other countries may vary. I will keep you posted!

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 1:20 pm   37

Any idea if films like Pineapple Express and Superbad (both relatively old films which i have heard are hilarious but have never seen) will be available for rental? I’d love to download them (and give you money) but the purchase price is higher than the price of them on DVD.

Also thanks for the reply on Da Vinci Code!

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

Good point! agree both are amazing films so let me research the availability with our programming team and come back to you, cheers

don’t know if an answer on this is possible now but any idea when we might get some tv shows here in europe?

I am from Australia and we do not have the store yet and was wondering what are the size of each movie? Thanks.

aahh olga sackgirl i dont have this video stuff but i have you on my eye :)

almighty-slayer 4 December, 2009 @ 1:46 pm   41

Cheers for the replies Olga, much appreciated.

Pamperdamps 4 December, 2009 @ 2:02 pm   42

Hi Olga. Thanks for the heads up on Star Trek. I have seen it and think its cool! That’s why I want to see it again! :)

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

LOL if you love it you should then buy it and watch it over and over again:) and even transfer to your PSP and enjoy on the go!

Will there be a preview for every film on there in the future? There’s some films I’ve never heard about, and a bit of a preview or trailer on the store would be good, instead of me going to youtube!

lol trying to convince people to buy much . store off to a bad start lol . what u expect maybe let people rent day 1 with new releases like u.s do and u wouldnt need to beg for sales . just a thought

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

LOL more complains seany 1? :) I dont convince anyone to do anything – just responding to comments here! Its your choice either to buy or rent

Anything being done about pricing? Surely to GOD someone’s thinking, crap, these films are ******* expensive!

heathengray 4 December, 2009 @ 2:19 pm   46

And what about subtitles?

I’m sure this isn’t as important as 5.1 to a lot of people, but whining about the lack of surround sound pales in comparrison top not understanding what’s going on at all!

Any news on when the Transformer 2 codes will be sent out and if its an SD version or HD version we will receive?? Thanks!

Olga Puzanova 4 December, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

You will be receiving the voucher for Transformers SD version next week, cheers

yes olga do u actually think 11.99 downloads with no way to copy films to another ps3 if it breaks is ok then , dont make me laugh

btw look at other peoples replys on here abt prices and rentals also official playstation forums too . video store is a failure in mosts eyes coz the rip off prices and lack of new release rentals . its not just me saying this but im sure u knw this with stores sales lol

Seany1, you can just re-download through your download history, your such a yap!! Microsoft do the excact same with there console. It’s a BUSINESS.

Load all