Posted 9 December

PlayStation Home First Anniversary: Get Your Tree House!

December is definitely a month for celebrations. The festive season is upon us, and it’s also Home’s first birthday! We’ve got some great new updates for you this week:

The first anniversary of the PlayStation Home is rapidly approaching, and we’re rewarding everyone who has joined us in making Home an amazing community. As our treat to you, we will be giving away the fantastic new Tree House personal space for free. Available from Home Estates from this Thursday, the Tree House will be free for a period of two weeks only. The Tree House is sure to be a great addition to your estates portfolio, so make sure to get yours!

Home Treehouse Apartment

Home Treehouse Apartment

Once you have your Tree House, you may want to check out the new MotorStorm: Pacific Rift camp personal space. This is the perfect beachfront campsite for you to unwind in after a day of brutal off-road racing.

Home MotorStorm Apartment

Complete with a dance tent, and your own personal dock for any incoming nautical traffic. Let’s hope the volcano in the distance doesn’t erupt any time soon. Available from tomorrow, in the Estates section of the Shopping Centre.

Home MotorStorm Apartment

Home MotorStorm ApartmentHome MotorStorm Apartment

Not content with celebrating our anniversary, we’re also celebrating the festive season with the opening of the Winter Wonderland space. This space will evolve over time as you help Santa’s bumbling elves complete the festive decorations. Make sure to visit Santa in his grotto regularly so you don’t miss out on any of the mini-games. Finally, being the festive season, you’ll also find plenty of gifts and other rewards that will make this space somewhere to visit daily.

Home Winter Wonderland

Finally, over in the Alter Ego store, a crazy fashion designer has been let loose. If you’ve ever wanted to saunter around home with a coloured light on top of your head, now you can! For both male and female, these flashy hats come in four colours – red, blue, green, and yellow – and are sure to make you stand out in a crowd. For those who enjoy hiding their identity, there are also two new masks available.

Home Green Hat

Due to the extra work being carried out, this maintenance period will need to be extended. We will endeavour to have Home back online as soon as possible.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

78 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

DANTHEMAN121 9 December, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   1

wow EPIC update this looks very kools thanks SCEE

Agamer2006 9 December, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   2

Great to see that you remembered Homes Birthday. Cant wait for the free tree house AND the new winter wonderland.

Thanks Home Team

Awesome Stuff!

Free Tree!!! Great work chaps!

eastavenge 9 December, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   4

” As an additional piece of news, a resolution for the Z(7,-104) error that a small number of people were encountering when logging in to Home has been identified. In order to resolve this problem we will be rolling back the last reward item that was received on affected accounts during the Thursday downtime. Once this rollback is complete, those affected will be able to log in to Home again with all of their other rewards and items intact. ”

That’s quite something.

There is much content in the article… Which one is free?

Anyway, I love PlayStation Home and I joined it more than one year ago, in the closed beta. Since then I’ve been visiting and taking part in the HUGE comunity!

Keep up with the good work ;)

Alex Weekes 9 December, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

The Tree House is free (for two weeks – so make sure you get yours quickly!).

The Winter Wonderland event is free, with lots of rewards and gifts.

astroch1mp 9 December, 2009 @ 5:10 pm   6

Yay for free stuff :)

Kitty-Wali- 9 December, 2009 @ 5:11 pm   7

Fantastic ,
Kiss

Guillemots 9 December, 2009 @ 5:11 pm   8

Great! :D
But no Loro Roco space?
Any news about that?

Robert-Ninja 9 December, 2009 @ 5:11 pm   9

Free. Woot.

That’s really nice, been wanting a new apartment for a while now. :P

Retro_1973 9 December, 2009 @ 5:12 pm   11

Loving the Tree House already – thanx! Let’s just hope it doesn’t go the way of the Penthouse…

Tree House for free!! At least for 2 weeks. Great news. Thanks to the Home Team.

Alex Weekes 9 December, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

Just to make absolutely certain no one gets confused, if you “buy” the Tree House while it’s free you get to keep it forever. After two weeks it won’t be free anymore, but that only applies to anyone who buys it after the two weeks has expired.

milnerant 9 December, 2009 @ 5:17 pm   13

Great work! Look forward to seeing it all in the flesh

OMG Thanks Alex, that is one of the best updates ever. Thats the way to celebrate an aniversary. Loving everything about this update. Keep up the amazing work:)

Phoenixfire90 9 December, 2009 @ 5:22 pm   15

WOW!!!
The tree house looks better than the dump I’m in right now on PS Home.
I’ve been hoping for a Free home for a while now.
My m8s are going to love my new pad.

Phoenixfire90 9 December, 2009 @ 5:23 pm   16

WAIT, IT ONLY BEEN ON FOR A YEAR!!!!
I had the beta about 2 months before public release.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PS HOME!!!

GuttermouthSIN 9 December, 2009 @ 5:26 pm   17

Happy Bithday, PS Home :)

imajinetion 9 December, 2009 @ 5:27 pm   18

*sniff* they grow up so fast…

“Great work! Look forward to seeing it all in the flesh”

…….Of course.

Phoenixfire90 9 December, 2009 @ 5:38 pm   20

Got one question.
When is the Locoroco space out?

Alex Weekes 9 December, 2009 @ 5:41 pm

I can’t confirm an exact date for the LocoRoco space just yet. It is getting close, though, so keep your eyes out for news.

Oooh! Thanks! :)

Now, if someone could tell me how to fix camera… It makes 16:9 pics squashed to 4:3… :/

Kenshin71 9 December, 2009 @ 5:39 pm   22

More eerily silent spaces to wander around aimlessly in. A dance tent for one! I’m curious, what is the mission statement of Home? Does it have a point? I’d prefer to see the devs concentrate on making navigating Home a more fluid experience (reduce loading times, faster access, better map) and adding features to existing spaces to make them fun and interesting to explore. No-one on my FL visits Home, there is little reason to.

Alex Weekes 9 December, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

Glitch321 9 December, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   24

Jp gets half price on items. They get a better deal. Sure we get a free treehouse but there’s nothing to do in apartments until we get to put mini games in, if we ever do that is!

When do East-Europeans get Home?

BalramRules 9 December, 2009 @ 5:42 pm   26

Oww = ( My PS3 has been convescated by my parents = (

I knew Santa was REAL ;D Cool stuff guys ;)

All im waiting for is a T.V for my HOME room so i can watch stuff off my PS3 hard drive & i would like to play my own Music off my PS3 drive while in my Room? :)

daffycare 9 December, 2009 @ 5:52 pm   28

thanks for this fantastic guys.

loonytoon1982 9 December, 2009 @ 6:00 pm   29

Posted on 9 December, 2009 at 5:53 pm by Alex Weekes
“You’ll find that the Winter Wonderland will be far from being an “eerily silent space to wander around aimlessly in”! Lots of things to do over the next couple of weeks. I don’t want to ruin the fun of discovering it for yourselves, though, so I won’t say any more.”

Sounds like the space could be updating Xi style… that’s what I like the sound of.

Andrefpvs 9 December, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   30

I guess the first Anniversary of when I last visited Home is coming soon as well…

I hate to say it, but I never got hooked by its appeal (or lack of).

Or maybe I’m just waiting a little longer to go back in so I can really notice how much it evolved in the past few months.

As for feedback on how to get me interested in Home: add more interaction with games. Have games unlock stuff in Home, have games make you visit a certain Home space to unlock content, go interactive.

It shouldn’t be that hard… hope this helps.

Phoenixfire90 9 December, 2009 @ 6:02 pm   31

Cheers Alex.
I would like to see FREE Locoroco themed items when the space gets released.
Can you do that Alex or the PS team?

Mr Weekes and the Home team, if you want Home to look like Myst (this Tree House reminds me of Channelwood), perhaps you should collaborate with Cyan Worlds to bring the actual Myst Ages to Home.

Glitch321 9 December, 2009 @ 6:14 pm   33

@30

I wouldn’t mind if games unlock stuff in Home (SF4) but the problem is that hackers can get all that stuff easy. It kinda doesn’t give me a reason to try hard to unlock the Home items when others get them with no effort. It kinda ruins the whole point of getting a game to get cool Home unlocks unfortunately.

gogauth08 9 December, 2009 @ 6:20 pm   34

Hello, when the singstar space will be updated with the quizz?

Sorry to be one of those who ask about other stuff that America is getting but will the Dead Space 2 Miners Outfit be coming to the EU Home? I am grateful for the stuff annouced above by the way, so thank you but I’m a huge Dead Space fan, so it would be nice to know!

Every time I try to log in my PS3 freezes and I can’t do anything but reset it by hand. Do you know what to do or what’s going on?

IrushSpud 9 December, 2009 @ 6:34 pm   37

This is awesome! To celebrate the first year of Home, the team gives us what looks to be an awesome personal space which is free! Well done guys, this will be truly appreciated and well done to yourself Thy for keeping us updated with all the news. Will monkeys be included? :D

FULLMETAL56 9 December, 2009 @ 6:48 pm   38

WOW! Massive update.

Thank you very much guys & Happy Birthday PlayStation Home ! Champagne (French of course) ! :D

gogauth08 9 December, 2009 @ 6:55 pm   39

oui champagne fullmetal56 comme tu dis, and happy birthday home

Great, i have also seen a free treehouse on US home but its a different one!

I have a suggestion for the devs: In the home startup and “spaces select screen” with the blue chips, you should turn anti-aliasing on. It looks totally pixelated. In the actual home spaces it is not required. Just on these screens. Anti-Aliasing should be no problem there for the PS3 to handle as there is not much going on.

And another question, when will the german users get a solution for the banned spaces? We have been waiting for AGES. I know its difficult with our laws but not impossible, this situation can not stay this way!

Alex Weekes 10 December, 2009 @ 9:22 am

I’m working on finding out where the situation for our German community currently stands. There are a couple of possible solutions under review, however neither is a ‘quick fix’ that can be immediately implemented.

Thank you very much Alex! :D

Free stuff rule! As PlayStation Home does! :D

Free Tree House!
Great digital hug to everybody in SCEE and in the Home team!

xHeatherx 9 December, 2009 @ 7:40 pm   43

Fantastic news! Can’t wait :)

THANK YOU!
My harbour studio is already full so thanks! :D

toolfan2007 9 December, 2009 @ 7:46 pm   45

Finished college for Xmas this friday and no assignments to do over Xmas so Happy days for me of gaming!!!

@Thylaudax

i got a question!!!!!

@Thylaudax

i got a question!!!!!

For the tree house personal space, is it EU only cause it doesnt say anything about it being EU only, just wondering if the other regions will be getting the tree house also??????

Alex_Assassin_08 9 December, 2009 @ 8:22 pm   48

Seriously, what happened? :D

Isn’t Europe meant to get the raw deal on everything gaming?

You guys seem determined to make EU Home the best version! ;D LOVE IT!!! :D

Seriously, EU Home OWNS! I LOVE Home :) a lot of my Xmas money will no doubt fall into Home ;)

Hopefully the LocoRoco space comes sooner rather than later :)

Alex
PSN ID: Alex_Assassin_08

im sure the tree houses are free just to offset their virtual carbon footprint.

All this is well and good, but perhaps you’d best spend more time eliminating the absolutely ridiculous load times. The problem now isn’t the content, but rather justifying using the service in the first place.

Load all