Posted 6:10pm

Pre-Order Darksiders, Get Free Costumes!

We’ve just announced all of our exclusive pre-order items for Darksiders in the UK, including a couple of cool costumes for use in PlayStation Home. Want to see what they look like?

First up is the War costume. This is a replica of the outfit worn by the horseman in the game. To get this free when you buy the game, you’ll need to pre-order with PLAY.com.

Darksiders War Costume

The other item is a Ruin mask. Yes, a complete apocalyptic steed head piece for you to use in Home…Sound effects not included! To get this you’ll need to pre-order with Amazon.

Darksiders Ruin Mask

That’s not all… If you pre-order elsewhere there are a couple of other bonus items you can get. GAME is offering ‘The Harvester’ in-game weapon, Gamestation has an exclusive Joe Mad comic covering the back story in the game and the HMV pre-order includes a Darksiders 2010 calendar. Lots to choose from!

Darksiders hits 8 Jan in the UK, you can pre-order over here.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

horsetastic!!

wardragon989 10 December, 2009 @ 6:35 pm   2

Seriously you guys are missing one big [DELETED] opportunity with HOME, you’ve seperated it from the gaming side which is not good, you need to allow us to use the HOME characters in games.

But damn it, that horse head looks cool x.x

I’m really looking forward to this game.
Is there any info on preorder incentives outside of the UK?

MobileTone 10 December, 2009 @ 7:12 pm   4

because you too can walk around the Ikea showroom, sorry, HOME, looking like a cos-play reject.

anyway, Home discriminates against people suffering from dwarfism or missing limbs or any number of other physical medical conditions.. why can’t i choose to use a wheelchair in Home? huh?

you are aware of the disability discrimination act are you not?

Why the long face, sorry i will get my coat.

do you get this in all country’s or only the UK?

Mike Richardson 10 December, 2009 @ 7:24 pm

Some of these are being used elsewhere in Europe, but it will vary for each country.

Both look epic!

game looks amazing, I like the horse head.

FredNation 10 December, 2009 @ 8:24 pm   9

Is there going to be any TV and radios yet? And what happened to the voice chat any word? And the ”Hall of Fame” space, when is that coming out?

Ravenblade86 10 December, 2009 @ 8:43 pm   10

Have to say those are some off the coolest looking Home costumes I’ve seen! Very nicely done :)

Are you able to say if there will be a demo for Darksiders or not?

wardragon989 10 December, 2009 @ 8:49 pm   11

Sorry about my comment above. Thank you Mike for informing us of the stuff that will be available for pre-ordering Darksiders. It looks interesting the stuff you are providing. =)

I’m not gonna buy this, – dont got enough money :(

MatthewSFC 10 December, 2009 @ 9:37 pm   13

My pre order is gonna be with shopto.net. Free t shirt and awesome looking game for £34.99? Yes please.

Mike Richardson 11 December, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Nice! I’ve got a couple of those tees sat on my desk right now, the art looks pretty sweet :)

Silent_Gig 10 December, 2009 @ 10:54 pm   14

Will there be a demo of this, exclusive to the uk?

Tigon_3rd 11 December, 2009 @ 6:53 am   15

I live in Denmark as you can see, but I pretty much order all my games from the UK, will I then still be able to use the pre-order offers when I don’t live in the UK.

and for women?

maybe i was a bit too indirect with my question.
are the costume and headpiece just for men?

You guys should really get a demo out there, I’m 99% sure I’m gonna buy it but for a new IP like Darksiders, a demo could only be a positive thing.

thanks for the answer mike, sorry if i came across as a bit cynical, it’s just in home, in europe especially, women tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to content.
any pics available of the women’s version?

also i’d like to echo the sentiments about a demo, even if the devs create one after the game is finished, though a prerelease demo would be better.
a good game will sell more copies with a demo, i know there are a few games i wouldn’t have bought without a demo.

anyway, good luck with the launch.
don’t know which offer i’d prefer, the comic or the calender. :)

Mike Richardson 11 December, 2009 @ 1:58 pm

I don’t have any pics of the women’s version, but I’m told it looks the same.

WilliamBirkin 11 December, 2009 @ 12:22 pm   20

I hope you do more effort to keep us interested as God of War III will run over this like nothing and im sure you are aware of this.

I hope you sell alot of games all togehter – on both platforms.

Will the costumes be available to buy from the Home Shopping Centre?
I’m going for the Amazon deal, I really don’t want to buy a second copy of the game in order to get the Wrath costume.

Mike Richardson 11 December, 2009 @ 2:01 pm

You will be able to buy them after release.

We’ve been working on a few other items as well, so I’ll hopefully have more pics to show in the coming months :)

WOW that looks epic. I think I’ll buy them as I never pre-order games.

Hello Mike Richardson, I wanna know when we can enjoy Final Fantasy VIII in PS3 (buying it in the Ps Store) in Spain ¿? thanks

Mike Richardson 21 December, 2009 @ 12:03 pm

Sorry, no idea, I work at THQ! Although, I’d also like to know… It’s a great game :)

spirit_ryu 4 January, 2010 @ 9:41 pm   24

So wait a minute, you can buy the “exclusive costumes” later? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of exclusive? Are you doing this only for the EU region, or across all regions?

outlawdg213 9 January, 2010 @ 1:56 pm   25

so seriously? i dont have to preorder the game to get the costume? i can just wait and it will be in ps home soon???????? (i still want the game tho it looks AWESOME)