Posted 11:51pm

Yo ho! Yo ho! A Pirate’s Life For Me!

Rumours say that the fearsome Davy Jones and his mighty Kraken have come to LittleBigPlanet to wreak havoc and claim some sack folk to serve as Davy’s Crew. Once again, it’s going to fall to Sackboy to locate the only ship on LittleBigPlanet that has any chance of sending him back to the bottom of the sea.

LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean

Head deep into the Caribbean to battle The East India Trading Company and Pirates alike, find the legendary ship and take on the Kraken. This new kit features a set of six swashbuckling levels, each containing a treasure trove of stickers, decorations, materials, music objects and brand new trophies.

We don’t need no landlubbers ‘ere my lads!

This new level kit features a brand new gameplay feature: WATER! You’ll also be able to add water to your own levels using all new switches and objects.

The Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit and matching Costume kit based on Disney’s blockbuster movie series will sail into port on December 22nd, just in time for Christmas!

So weigh Anchors and hoist the mainsail, we’re setting sail for the Caribbean!

New Gameplay features for Create:

• Water – Global Water Object, Scuba Gear, Bubble Machine, Water Switch
  • 5 Brand new Pirates of the Caribbean themed Levels
  • 1 New costume: The Cannibal
  • 4 new music tracks
  • A new level background
  • 8 Materials
  • 14 Decorations
  • 27 Objects
  • 133 Stickers
  • 11 brand new PlayStation Trophies

Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate’s life for me! Dress Sackboy as six of the main characters from Pirates of the Caribbean.

LittleBigPlanet Captain Barbosa

Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea, Barbossa was first mate to Sack Sparrow, but committed mutiny and marooned him on an island. Barbossa and his crew then hunted for and eventually found a legendary cursed treasure which turned them all undead.

LittleBigPlanet Davy Jones

Davy Jones sails the seas in search of souls to serve as crew on his ship, and is in command of a mighty Kraken.

LittleBigPlanet Elizabeth Swan

Daughter of the Governer of Port Royal, Elizabeth Swan is a Lady turned Pirate King.

LittleBigPlanet Captain Sack Sparrow

Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea, Sack Sparrow is known for his sauntering stride and cunning wit. There are many fables around his adventures, some involving sea turtles.

LittleBigPlanet Will Turner

Son of the pirate Bootstrap Bill, Will was a Blacksmith’s apprentice and self taught swordsman who sided with Sack Sparrow and turned to piracy to save Elizabeth Swan from the clutches of Barbossa.

LittleBigPlanet Dia Tama

Tia Dalma is a mystic and the human bound form of the great sea godess Calypso.

Pirates of the Caribbean Kit
The infamous Davy Jones and his pet Kraken have come to terrorise the high seas of LittleBigPlanet. It’s going to be up to you to rid the world of him and his unworldly crew, and defeat the Kraken. All you need to do is find a ship…

LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean

Port Royal
Saunter on into Port Royal, but be on your guard, Pirates aren’t exactly a welcome sight, and if those guards catch you, you’ll end up right back in the drink. Don’t fret though; there are some of our kind on shore already, savvy?

Pirate Town
You’ve been captured by the East India Trading Company and stuck in a dank jail after flooding Port Royal. A stray canon blast gives you a lucky escape though, leaving you free to continue your search for a ship in Pirate Town.

A Navy Frigate
You learn of a legendary ship hidden somewhere in Cursed Bay. Find and ‘borrow’ the Commodore’s Frigate, and set sail to find it! Only then will you be able to face and defeat the Kraken.

Cursed Bay
Search the Cursed bay to locate the only ship that stands a chance against the fearsome Kraken, if you’re lucky there’ll be a map – remember that X marks the spot.

The Kraken!!!
Davy Jones and the armada of the East India Trading Company are determined to stop you – man the cannons and send the Kraken to the bottom!

Diving for Treasure
Dive for treasure – don’t run out of breath though!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

58 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Awesome cant wait!

AlexanderTaylor 16 December, 2009 @ 12:04 am   2

Oh My God…. far far greater than I could have imagined! Excellent work!

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 16 December, 2009 @ 12:07 am   3

Awesome davy jones locker is smelly full of socks ;D cant wait to be a littlebigpirate :L

AAAHHHHRRRR!!! i want now :D

GOT BE JOKING I AFTER ALL THIS WAIT YOUR MAKING AS PAY FOR THE WATER feature

$ONY & MM >>>>>> G – T – H

Sam Bennett 16 December, 2009 @ 10:52 am

Don’t despair! Much like the Metal Gear Solid level pack last year, even if you decide not to buy the pack you can still play with water in community levels, and play the levels that come with the pack if you hook up with someone who owns it.

Once you’ve bought the pack however you also get to create with water and the additional cool content that comes with it. We try as much as possible to ensure that nobody is excluded from new features in the game, but it’s just not possible to give it all away for nothing.

Great news ! :)

Will Final Fantasy come soon in LittleBigPlanet ? We know that MM will do it since the announcement (october, 2008) :
- http://www.ffshores.com/News-841-LittleBigPlanet-accueille-Sephiroth.html

The MGS pack is available, but we don’t have anything about FF… Can you tell us something about it, please ?

Great news Mm & Sony. First day purchase by me!

@ghamdikh1

Why don’t you go back to your blog an complain – leave ours alone. Sony and Mm have provided so much DLC for LBP and yes, granted most of it has been costumes but at least there continully supporting it. At £4.79 it’s a steal. Stop moaning about useless nothings – or just go to the US blog where people will tell you the same.

Once again, thanks Mm & Sony. =D

Greetings,

Before all, i must sincerely admit that this addon does look absolutely fantastic. I have still not purchased any LittleBigPlanet due to the quite expensive price tags, but i sure might make an exception on this one. I truly wish you could lower the DLC prices for these holidays or maybe introduce a bundle -sold at an attractive price of course- in which both the Metal Gear and this addon will be combined.

Last but certainly not least, the last time i played LittleBigPLanet was the during the Playstation Home XI puzzle level created by Jess. The one reason i completely dropped this extraordinary game is simply due to the trophies. Yes, trophies have completely ruined this game, especially the one necessitating Hearts. Due to the ‘Heart for Heart’ trades, levels on the top of the leaderboard are poor, whereas those on the bottom are far better. Shame.

I hope that the ModNation Racers developers will not do the same mistake.

Regards,

aat08

That’s awesome!! But come on lets face it. Sackboy will never reach it’s true potential to be awesome until you make an Indiana Jones version! Please tell me that’s in the works!

@jai163 >> Yes, it would be great.

Sebastiantheking 16 December, 2009 @ 1:13 am   11

This looks really fun, btw it is actually 11 new trophies – http://snipurl.com/tpjon

Great value this… day one.

PirateThom 16 December, 2009 @ 2:12 am   13

I don’t like Pirates of the Caribbean, I’m buying this for the new levels (and water). More level packs, MM.

Haha, this makes me lol.

AoNekoAmaru 16 December, 2009 @ 4:48 am   15

I still have to see the movie trilogy but this DLC will make for an even livelier x-mas and new year with the mate(y)s! X3 Hmm, now I’m really wishing we get to see themed DLC packs this awesome around the release of a certain RPG next year. =D

@15 >> Final Fantasy XIII : 09 March, 2010. ;p

somethingatt 16 December, 2009 @ 5:25 am   17

I know this will generate thousands of new levels but Five is a disappointing number for the amount of official levels.

I am 99% sure I’ll buy it anyway unless I feel the price is too much.

Sam Bennett 16 December, 2009 @ 10:56 am

Don’t forget that the new creator materials that come with the pack will turn the 5 new levels that come with it into 100,000 new community levels, and while some of them won’t be much more than tests of water there’ll be others that are as good as the official ones if not better!

Stay tuned to the blog here and to LittleBigPlanet.com over the coming months where we’ll be featuring the best of the new levels containing water.

Whooo ho, a few new levels is exactly what I needed as an insentive to jump back into LBP. Love the theme its a no brainer for this purchase.

Also I hope that now LBP PSP has been released we will be seeing more level packs for the PS3 version.

ninja_tom 16 December, 2009 @ 7:58 am   19

Will this be released for the PSP version too?

daffycare 16 December, 2009 @ 8:41 am   20

fantastic can not wait to play this, it’s going to be really fun and i love Pirates of the Caribbean. thanks

Sack Sparrow. LOL! That’s awesome

Bahamut44-4 16 December, 2009 @ 9:26 am   22

Brilliant MM! Been waiting for this for some time.

Consider it bought, can’t wait to dive back into LBP!

Bibliotecario 16 December, 2009 @ 9:30 am   23

And for the psp’s LBP what? ……

Sam Bennett 16 December, 2009 @ 10:59 am

We’ve not forgotten about PSP – the team are currently working on improvements to the game based on feedback they’ve received. This focus has meant that extra content has been delayed so that important improvements turn up first. There’s plenty of new content coming for PSP and, much like the PlayStation 3 version, it will be supported for months to come.

FlexmanUK 16 December, 2009 @ 9:42 am   24

Any chance of going back to posting videos that work on Playstaion 3?

It’s not too much to ask that a Playstation blog actually be compatible with your own product? hmm?

Absoloutely Ridiculous! Shoehorning the water creator into this pack so you can increase your revenue! MM just hit rock bottom in my estimation!

Why didn’t we have water from the off? So MM could charge for it!

Why didn’t we have HD Custom Pictures? So MM could charge for sticker packs!

Why didn’t we have Custom Music? So MM could charge us for music!

Littlebigplnet is supposed to be a community game, yet, as far as I can tell its a wealth game! Whoever spends the most can make the best levels! I mean If we had custom pictures I could draw pictures just as good as John Burgermann and give them away for free in my level and everyones levels would be unique! Ridiculous!

MM just want to keep milking us and I can tell you MM this cow won’t be milked no more!

Also, I have no qualms with the actual pack, Pirates of the Carribean is great definately worth £4.79! Just not happy with the water being shoehorned in!

P.S. aat08 If you want to play the MGS levels and aren’t bothered about getting the stickers/trophies included you can message me and I’ll give you a go on all the levels!

VictorAnalogy 16 December, 2009 @ 11:00 am   28

“but it’s just not possible to give it all away for nothing.”

Can’t give it away? or Won’t?

Just kidding! Deeply (geddit) excited about the water feature and Sack Sparrow.

And really bad eggs!

Anyone who whines about having to pay for new stuff deserves a short drop and a sudden stop. ;)

This will be EPIC :D

Lee_and_Nomi 16 December, 2009 @ 11:12 am   30

Can’t wait. I’m gonna have to watch 2 and 3 on blu ray now to get myself in a piratey mood.

Amazing level kit at an amazing price!!! Most definitely a day one buy for me! Hopefully this will give me the push to finally get the Platinum!!!

Water is a great new gameplay addition too, also that Davy Jones Sackboy looks awesome!!!

Now LBP is a little older I think it should be included free with every PS3 like Wii Sports is given with every Wii – it’s a great and unique game that appeals to all ages and everyone should get the chance to play it!

LBP is the type of game that could last the entire generation of the PS3 but people tend to see older games and think they are out of date. Maybe you should treat LBP more like you treat SingStar, i.e. a platform/genre in itself rather than a standalone game. It would age better that way…

I can imagine more possible ways to use water, but this is already a very welcome addition. I hope you’ll keep evolving the product with these great features!

I don’t mind paying for this to get the Water. You can’t get everything free in Life :D I don’t normally buy DLC but will buy this one ;)

p.s Give us ‘LBP/Killzone 2′ Levels to please! ;P

mcwildcard 16 December, 2009 @ 11:45 am   34

Excellent!
My only gripe is that the game has been out for aeons, yet this is only the 2nd pack with new levels! User content is great n’all, but I like proper dev created levels and I don’t mind paying for them every now and then.

More please!

VivaLaBen-IGN 16 December, 2009 @ 11:55 am   35

This pack looks great just like the MGS pack. I didn’t really expect a Pirates Level pack, I always thought MM would go down the Playstation Exclusives route.

I’m still hoping that a Ratchet and Clank pack is released. Ratchet is known for weapons, so obviously another harmless weapon like the Paintonator could be added. May be a water pistol but with a much more flashy name. They could even add Ratchet’s wrench as a weapon. It could have two functions. One would be a basic hit, or tapping multiple times for combos. Another would be (like Quest for Booty), to grapple high ledges to pull yourself up. How about magnetic boots? Being able to turn metals magnetic and there strengths, then being able to walk up platform while wearing them. More ideas are a swingshot and teleportation device.

Anyway, I’m pumped for Pirates. :P

Water wasn’t included in the first place because there is only so much they can do within time and budget – we’re not talking a water release a week after the main release, we are talking of 12 months extra development time before it’s been added! It’s like saying Uncharted 2 is a rip off because multiplayer should have been in the first game!

Water is a complete game altering new feature that expands the scope of the game’s level creation mechanic in lots of ways – I would also imagine it was quite a tricky thing to program and get working in the context of LBP’s editor system. Before now people got on just fine with a bit of imagination and ingenuity with the rocket pack…

This is exactly the same as the MGS4 pack coming with the Paint Gun.

You people are unbelievable! Most publishers these days release DLC within a month of the games release and charge £8 for it, but this is fine. MM develop a completely new gameplay mechanic a year after the game comes out, and then not only do they include levels and trophies with it, not only do they charge less than a fiver for it, not only do they allow people without the pack to play user levels designed with water, but also even allow you to play the levels in the pack with someone that that owns it even if you don’t!!! AND STILL PEOPLE COMPLAIN!!!

I really can’t understand the mentality of some of the people that visit this blog, I swear Sony could give you the PS3 free and charge no more than 99p per game and still some people would find a reason to complain… There isn’t a magic machine somewhere that spits out finished game code automatically – development is not a free process, in actual fact it’s quite an expensive one…

“Why is the rum gone?” ;)

I’m so buying this!

@37

Well said dude, well said.

I will be buying this for sure, thanks MM!

SmoggyPhil 16 December, 2009 @ 2:01 pm   40

£4.79? Not bad, not at all. It’s certainly more worth it than the other DLCs on the market *coughFallout3cough*

And I think Apnomis needs to take a few deep breaths. Don’t complain in his presence, his blood pressure might skyrocket!

Arki24885 16 December, 2009 @ 2:59 pm   41

I will buy it! ^^

Spurvugle 16 December, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   42

DO we have to PAY for water?!

Bad move

You need to start creating larger levelpacks, I mean one levelpack during the last year (Metal gear) is way to little. I’m basicly not playing the game anymore. Ok so there are som user created levels that are good but, there arnt more than a handfull of chaper based levels that are even worth playing and none as good as media molecules own. So start making levelpack, not pack stufft with [DELETED] I dont want.

Fantastic, been waiting for level addon for long time, and this will definetliy be a great update, but pleace to don let us wait another year before next one, I would be happy buying such updates every secound month or so! :), For me I rather pay for playable content than for customes/outfit etc… Happy X-mas!, we’ll fill you’re wallet just in time for christmas eve!

mrgreaper2004 16 December, 2009 @ 4:35 pm   45

wait.. so if we want to make levels with water we have to buy yet another dlc!!! good to see developers suporting there loyal customers with new features providing there customers dont mind being fleeced. but hay its christmas its not the time to give people gifts or anything and as you guys know we all have lots of money at this time of the year. oh wait we got the free santa outfit woo

sraotbainns 16 December, 2009 @ 4:44 pm   46

great work will buy on day one, But plz don’t w8 untill next christmas for next 5 offical level pack :P

theshepanator 16 December, 2009 @ 4:53 pm   47

£4.79? instant buy! I’ve been looking forward to this since it was announced, great work MM! I’d pay for some more official levels, like a 10 level kit for £2? I know the LBP storyline wasn’t planned at first but I usually find most community levels that have the same amount of polish lack story and meaning. I hopw to see more of these gameplay adding maps in the future! Could water be patched so it can be “lethalised”? lava!

theshepanator 16 December, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   48

*hope — and “MAPS”?? I mean kits :P

great DLC! Will buy when it hit the store!

will the level pack and costume pack be bundled?

Load all