Posted 7:16pm

God of War III: Ultimate Trilogy Edition

Hi everyone

I’m Thach Quach, Senior European Product Manager for the brutal and highly-anticipated God of War III, exclusive to PlayStation 3.

God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition

We’ve been working pretty hard on this for the past few months but I’m delighted to announce that the “Ultimate Trilogy Edition” will be available in limited quantities in most European countries, Australia and New Zealand at the same time as the standalone God of War III game. Pricing and exact release details to be confirmed in the next few weeks so stay tuned :-)

This very special edition will come in a high-end, sculpted replica of Pandora’s Box and we are planning to include the following items inside:

• God of War III
  • God of War Collection (gentle reminder, this is God of War and God of War II, remastered in HD, running at 60 fps, with Trophy support, all on one Blu-ray Disc)
  • Extra game content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
    • God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges to complete
    • Dominus character skin
    • Apollo character skin
    • Phantom of Chaos character skin
    • Forgotten Warrior character skin
  • Exclusive video content downloadable via PlayStation Network:
    • God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary. This is a full-length documentary detailing the history of the God of War franchise. A must have for fans!
  • Special audio bonus content:
    • God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game
    • God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War
  • Additional content:
    • Artbook
    • Postcards

Below is an image of the actual box and also work in progress visuals of its content. I hope you’ll agree that it looks pretty sweet ;)

GOW III Ultimate Trilogy Box

This “Ultimate Trilogy Edition” will be released in limited quantities at the same time as the main God of War III launch next year.

That’s about it for now… I leave you with some concept art pieces which have been released previously but that you may not yet have seen. Enjoy the rest of the end of year festivities. :)

Thach

God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition 2

God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition

God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition 3

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

193 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

DeathroW22 17 December, 2009 @ 7:19 pm   1

wow

JordanBlack68 17 December, 2009 @ 7:21 pm   2

Excellent idea, defo buying that

Add the psp game in there and i’ll be it.

Shadow-King 17 December, 2009 @ 7:23 pm   4

OMFG!!!!! PREORDERED A.S.A.P!!! Thank you all the guys at Sony

V00D00CHARL1E 17 December, 2009 @ 7:25 pm   5

Nice, but all depends on the pricing. I already have the GoW Collection. Which game is the DLC for?

‘God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges to complete.’

Is this actually for GoW 3????

Thach Quach 17 December, 2009 @ 7:29 pm

Hi V00D00CHARL1E. Pricing is still TBC, we’ll announce this closer to launch. All the DLC is for GOWIII, including the God of War arena.

Pin-Pin-Ire 17 December, 2009 @ 7:25 pm   6

Merci :)

LoneJustice87 17 December, 2009 @ 7:26 pm   7

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, I’m importing the GOW Collection from America and it got dispatched on Tuesday. I’m gonna buy this though.

This is awesome! I will be definitely buying the God Of War 3: Ultimate Trilogy Edition! Can’t wait! :D.

xEN7xASSASSINx 17 December, 2009 @ 7:27 pm   9

where can i pre-order this? :O EPIC!

Thach Quach 17 December, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

Hi xEN7xASSASSINx. Retailers across Europe will start their pre-order campaigns for this Edition towards the end of December or certainly January 2010. Look out for it :)

I love you guys!!! So it’s time to sell my GOW Collection imported from US :D Yuhuuu, Europe will have Pandora’s Box!!! :D That made may day :D

imajinetion 17 December, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   11

When is GOW collection being released here? Seperately, that is.

Thach Quach 17 December, 2009 @ 7:37 pm

Hi imajinetion. Regarding the GOW Collection standalone launch, watch this space hehe :) For now we just wanted you all to know that this Ultimate Trilogy Edition is going to include the whole GOW trilogy and it will be available across Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

Solid_Snake1987 17 December, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   12

You took my advice Thatch! Brilliant! I am so getting this special edition. Great to see that you guys listen to the fans. :D

Raider197 17 December, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   13

Is this the only way to get Collection in Europe?

Solid_Snake1987 17 December, 2009 @ 7:32 pm   14

Ooops sorry Thach, put an extra T in! Damn lack of edit button. Just a little overexcited!

OMG I will be so getting this collection. I am so glad i never imported the GOW collection from the US already!

Awesome.

Blasteroids 17 December, 2009 @ 7:38 pm   17

“I’d like to give you some details about the “God of War III: Ultimate Trilogy Edition” we have planned for Europe, Australia and New Zealand and answer any questions you might have.”

No mention of America? They had the details on the 30th October… http://tinyurl.com/yajwbct

Since it is the same “Limited Edition” but they have a release date of March and a price of $100, will we get same time?

Thach Quach 17 December, 2009 @ 7:43 pm

Hi Blasteroids. If you look at our respective Ultimate Editions, the content differs slightly.

addyjones1234 17 December, 2009 @ 7:39 pm   18

OMG, definately buying this one, you gotta give us a price bracket at least, come on :D

Solid_Snake1987 17 December, 2009 @ 7:43 pm   19

@ Blasteroids

From what I saw about the US Ultimate Edition is that they don’t have the GOW Collection in theirs. So ours probably will be more expensive. Hopefully not too much!

just curious …. will GoW3 have copy protected save games? Because then I will not buy it.

Oh well, I guess I am buying the God of War Collection (imported the US version) again.

Paulus-NL 17 December, 2009 @ 7:46 pm   22

great box. love the gow collection. you guys did a great job turning it into HD. even today (among all the other blockbuster games) these 2 games are very very good because of the great gameplay,soundtrack,story,visuals. Can’t wait for GoW3 :D

Wow, I don’t normally go for these ‘big’ Special Editions but this one looks absolutely epic! Providing it’s around the £70 mark rather than the £100 mark I will definitely be getting this! Any news on when/where we can preorder?

Epic release. Thank you Thach for the news and for caring about European GoW fans. I guess it won’t be available in Russia, so I’ll preorder this in UK.

woaaah I need this!

day one :D

gillyallan 17 December, 2009 @ 7:58 pm   27

wish ALL games now had copy protected games saves. Might stop all the modern Warfare 2 hacks.
got to hand it to the locked game save of KZ2. At first I hated that but now I understand !!!

will my saves of the us version of the collection work with the pal version? probably not, right?

DOMDOTMAN 17 December, 2009 @ 7:59 pm   29

There a little bit in there for everyone

Oooh looks good, I only hope I can afford that bad boy

Galvanise_ 17 December, 2009 @ 8:04 pm   31

Man, as If I wasn’t plan on getting the collectors edition already, this has doubley made my mind up.

Well done SCEE!

Tekkenfanaat 17 December, 2009 @ 8:06 pm   32

Sweet! Must have this one!

Stranger93 17 December, 2009 @ 8:07 pm   33

Woot! I’m surely gonna buy this if the price isn’t much over 100 euros.

KatanaStrikes 17 December, 2009 @ 8:08 pm   34

Thanks for releasing this in the UK. So annoying to see this was announced a while back for the US when Europe there was nothing. I’m a big GoW fan so this is a must buy… But one thing please don’t go down the stupid route of making this a certain retailer exclusive as I won’t be buying it and will just import it from a retailer of my own choosing.

I am SO glad I didn’t import the GoW collection now, I had a feeling something like this may be planned! I’ll be preordering this as soon as possible!

awwww man, i need to pre order this asap. good job guys !!!

Do the bonus costumes give you any bonuses in-game? i.e. like the costumes in GOW1 and GOW2 which give you a certain skill boost.

Thach Quach 17 December, 2009 @ 11:17 pm

Hi zabbyh. The character skins don’t give any special powers. You can uses these skins as soon as you complete the game.

reggiedavidclark 17 December, 2009 @ 8:24 pm   38

Thach, can you tell us what the Pandoras Box is made out of please? Thanks :)

Tramain1987 17 December, 2009 @ 8:25 pm   39

PRICE? Day 1 purchase baby!

Rijckaert 17 December, 2009 @ 8:28 pm   40

Going to get it ASAP.

mushroomhead_bg 17 December, 2009 @ 8:29 pm   41

When will be the euro release date of GOW3?I think this is the question which every gow fan would ask.I hope at the same week as the USA date?Please don’t delay it…

theshepanator 17 December, 2009 @ 8:33 pm   42

wow, I’m getting THAT, will the DLC be avalible to buy for the stand alone game?

Hi Thach,

It’ll be lame to stick with the black and white instruction manual for this special edition. I don’t understand how little publishers manage to put a beautiful coloured manual in each of their release, collector’s or not, while Sony pulls off a limited collector’s steel case that contains a lame and ugly 6 pages B&W manual.

I’ll get it anyway but, among all the evils of mankind, I hope B&W booklet aren’t.

WOW!!!! WOW!!!!! WOW!!!!! A first da ybuy from me (I was already planning to buy God of War 3 but now i’ll consider camping outstide the game shop to buy this!!!). Thanks Sony Santa-monica and THANK YOU SONY!!!!! Can’t wait till March 2010…….who on earth said SOny forgot about us Europeans!!!

No Home Support? :(

Big PlayStation 3 exclusives should get special editions. I loved Uncharted 2 but the ‘special’ part was a couple of postcards and a couple of skins for £18 more than what I could have got the standard edition for (online).

So this is really great news. A big, bold, truly special edition for God of War III. I hope other AAA titles get the same treatment. Well done!

tomoe-chuu 17 December, 2009 @ 8:44 pm   47

@27: The problem with MW2 is that Infinity Ward didn’t protect the save games.

Oh my god of war (sorry)
SICK

Silent_Gig 17 December, 2009 @ 8:47 pm   49

exelent so it was worth the wait, but im gunna be so confused when i get the collection. Should i play god3 first then the previous 2 or should i play 1 2 and then 3 =-=

Westenfeldt 17 December, 2009 @ 8:53 pm   50

Oh, i already have purchased the God of war collection from the US. Så i won’t be buying this.

@ Silent_Gig : If you want to know the story, then you should play GOW I first, then GOW II. And GOW III last.

Load all