Posted 18 December

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Hello everybody!

Only a few more days until Christmas Day and to celebrate we have prepared some special treats for you to enjoy at the Video Store. Although we are all away celebrating with our families, the store will be updated daily with all the new releases and loads of your favourite classic movies so don’t forget to check it out!

Pixar’s Cars Special Edition:
Between 14th – 20th December everyone who downloads Cars Movie will get 2 Cars Toons Episodes (El Matedor and Mater and the Ghostlight) included with your download as a special gift from Santa. This special edition is available as rental for 14 days and 48 hours once you start playback and costs £2.49 to rent.

Video Download Service Cars Special Edition

Horror Movies from 99p
If Christmas spirit and carol singing is not your cup of tea, then this offer is for you! We got a selection of titles available to rent only for 99p between 17th – 23rd December. Movies like Poltergeist III and Evil Behind You will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat! And don’t forget to turn the lights off!

Video Download Service Horrors from 99p

From 24th December we are going to update the store with more Christmas Specials:

Video Download Service Christmas Deals

Harry Potter Collection:
From December 24th you can download all your favourite Harry Potter movies at the Video Store straight into your PSP or PS3. If you haven’t seen them all or missed one or two its perfect timing now to catch up and join Harry Potter fan club.

Special Christmas Movies Collection:
Many of you been asking about Christmas movies and I am happy to confirm that we are releasing a selection of everybody’s favourite festive films just in time for Christmas Day. Films like Christmas with the Kranks, Love Actually, Elf Bowling, I’ll Be Home for Christmas, The Santa Clause, Fred Clause and The Holiday will be right there waiting for you in your living room on Christmas Eve.

Your Favourite Movies from £5.99:
Between 24th – 30th December a selection of your favourite movies will be available to buy and own forever for as little as £5.99. Check out the store to find out more about the offer and all amazing movies to choose from.

Here is a recap of What’s New this week at the Video Store to rent and buy:

Buy:

• Cheri
  • Tormented
  • Blood: The Last Vampire
  • American Pie Presents: The Book of Love

Rent:

• Cars Special Edition: with 2 Bonus Cars Toons
  • Blood: The Last Vampire

I am only here today to answer all your questions and will be in touch with more updates in the New Year. Hope you all have amazing holidays and Merry Christmas!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

41 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

I would only use the Video Store for HD content…but it’s all FAR too expensive :(

SpiderMike_X 18 December, 2009 @ 11:11 am   2

I’m just wondering – will we ever get TV Show content and Anime content, much like the NA store has, or is the EU PS Video Store taking a different direction?

Olga Puzanova 18 December, 2009 @ 1:09 pm

Hello SpiderMike, right now we are focusing on movies only but of course are looking into adding more content (such as TV series) in the future.

Pamperdamps 18 December, 2009 @ 11:13 am   3

Hi and Happy Christmas!

A bit light on new content this week. Will there be any new films added before the new year?

Thanks

Olga Puzanova 18 December, 2009 @ 1:11 pm

Hello Pamperdamps, yes of course there will be more movies added daily over Christmas. On Monday the 21st for example films like Funny People and Obsessed releasing become available.

Any details on when the video store will land in Ireland?

You know what I also buy and REALLY own forever? DVDs and Blu-rays.

Thanks for the update and the news that the store will continue to be updated over the holidays. I look forward to seeing what offers you have… keep up the good work the video store is really good.

CaptnSpaulding 18 December, 2009 @ 11:28 am   7

Are the Cars Toons episodes to keep or just rent?

BalramRules 18 December, 2009 @ 11:32 am   8

All the least selling videos you remove out of the store???
WHY!?!?!? For some reason I can’t help it, just like many other people, I prefer the PlayStation Store getting more complete throughout every update, that’s just sad, have they removed any videos from the US Store? As when Sony announced it in EU, they said they’ll remove the vids that aren’t currently selling very good.
No one talk to me about how much the servers can handle, as Sony’s a rich company and can afford it, plus PlayStation’s gunna get BARE profit in 2010-11, due to 3D Gaming, blu-ray capabilities, Cross-Platform Abilities, PlayStation Home, PS3 Exclusives, PS3 Motion Controllers (Their Motto should be Lights, Cameras, ACTION! Coz the lights are for optical tracking motion controllers, camera is the PSi, and the Action is the exclusive thrill-driven gaming!!) and SOOOO MUCH MORE, plus the PlayStation Network Membership service (Charge but not as much as the 360, somewhere about £1-5 monthly, is okay with me = ))
AND WHATEVER HAPPENED WITH OPMHD?? It stands for Official PlayStation Magazine HD, for UK Residents only??

I really hope the announcement of these subscription services is going to be relating to the video store. I would be inclined to pay a monthly subscription for access to a number of movie without having to pay extortionate one off fees. Netflix in the US is so popular, so I can’t understand why Sony wouldn’t want to release their own version of this. Then there’s no overlap or competition as their is in US where people have the option of Netflix or PS Video Service. I guess it’s all down to licensing and what-not. But i’d happily pay £10-£15 a month to watch whatever I like.

BalramRules 18 December, 2009 @ 11:33 am   10

The first line was actually, the ALL of the lest selling vids you remove out of the store?

Will Ghost town be available to rent any time soon?

Also have a good Christmas!

BalramRules 18 December, 2009 @ 11:35 am   12

We also need Netflix available for download!!! AHH

Still waiting for an Ireland release

Couldn’t agree more with “BalramRules”, what HAS happened to the OPMHD? Also HD rental is too expensive. Rented Watchmen to see what the quality would be like, very impressed with the picture quality, but why was the sound not 5.1?

I really can’t understand why all of you HD content is not 5.1. what were you guys thinking?
You need to start down the route of the US Video store with TV program’s and wider choice of movies.
As with most things on the store for the UK, the price is too expensive for purchase or rental.

Also you claim you can watch downloaded content on your PSP, but this is only standard def. Surely if you rent the HD version you should be able to use the standard def on you PSP?

Anyway, keep up the good work and let us know what is planned.

Arkylon_PT 18 December, 2009 @ 11:51 am   15

Hi.
What about the Portuguese video store?
Will there ever be one?
thanks

TedStokes168 18 December, 2009 @ 12:09 pm   16

Same question as s_wrenn and Raider197 – Hope to get the store for Ireland soon, since the UK has had it for a while now.

Bacon_Crispies 18 December, 2009 @ 12:20 pm   17

I know I ask this every week but I still don’t know the answer.
Whats happening with the PSN Exclusive Anime Xam’d?

Olga Puzanova 18 December, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

Hello, we are looking into this and I will have an update for you in the new year cheers

99p, I might just take a punt with one of those purely for experimental purposes… doubt any of them are in 5.1 though so no good for PS3 Fat owners using HDMI sound…

I trust the conversion/addition of 5.1 tracks is continuing where ever they are available in that format?

99p? I like that price point. I’d probably rent every night for that.

Apart from bandwidth, why are HD films more expensive? Kind of puts me off the whole thing.

kingkenny76 18 December, 2009 @ 1:03 pm   20

Any details on when the video store will land in Ireland?

toolfan2007 18 December, 2009 @ 1:04 pm   21

BOO HISS!!!! Still no news on the Irish Video Store…

greekgoddj 18 December, 2009 @ 1:18 pm   22

Hi Olga….perhaps I missed something but I am still waiting for that email to get Transformers HD for registering my PS3. This was the initial promotion you were running when the video store launched. We were told we would get the email in early December, and now it is past mid-December and now you will be away till january.

Silent_Gig 18 December, 2009 @ 1:19 pm   23

All i want is anime, i need anime, id only buy anime and i only watch anime.

Hi Olga, any chance for Video Store in Poland?

daffycare 18 December, 2009 @ 2:22 pm   25

nice little update but all i want is hd rentals as i buy all my movies on blu-ray, may have a look at them 99p movies though.
off topic but do u know why i cant purchase latest songs from singstore because they are locked and want let me buy them, it’s only the one’s in new to the store.
merry christmas and a happy new year.

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 18 December, 2009 @ 2:31 pm   26

Europe is treated like second class when it comes to psn store , granted yesterday update was the best but it should be like that week in week out , finally we get the video store but its not in ireland but the uk since when do uk get we dont get aswell i know ireland have our own independence but its a joke , im sorry if im being harsh but im just really annoyed how there’s exclusivity on playstation between SCEA, SCEJ , SCEE it should be all released at the same time. Again i apologies for being angry but i waited long enough and still i feel like ive been feeding scraps why americans are been giving a meal hopfully in 2010 we been seeing a improvement

olga why are videos getting removed from the store . also what happend to the 50 new titles a week promised by andrew house the head of scee . we have 4 new films this week lmao this pathetic stratedgy by scee is already making the video store fail . starts from stereo sound to 10gb downloads ,pathetic download speeds ,hardly any rentable new films ,films getting removed , loss of everything bought if your ps3 ever breaks as back up function doesnt work properly . do u lot at scee actually want customers to just go to other consoles

Olga Puzanova 18 December, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

hi Seany1, nothing is being removed from the store unless the license for those films expire and availability windows are managed by studios. The same rule applies to all the digital distribution platforms, hope this answers your questions and we have more films coming up to UK store on Monday
    cheers

we have never once had the 50 films a week promised though were as the u.s get abt 30 films and over 50 t.v episodes every week . we just have films yet u cant even get 20 a week out nevermind 50 . i want to use this service probably like loads of others but with the poor job you guys are doing with it i just cant justify using it tbh

Shadow-King 18 December, 2009 @ 3:33 pm   29

Hey Olga,

Dont want to have a moan, but can you talk to some people on the server side of the video store. Downloads are painfully slow.

It took me 4 and a half hours to download Wolverine movie in HD(rent)! Thats about 2 and a bit hours longer then the actual film!!

Thanks
Shadow-King

Raider197 18 December, 2009 @ 4:28 pm   30

oh, and also, if / when you start putting up TV shows, would it be possible to have Ghost Whisperer on there?

For um… my mum… yes…

Will we be getting a monthly subscription from the Video store like netflix, that would be AWESOME!!!

Belgians are Left Out ONCE AGAIN, just like most of the EU areas… Strange, since we ALWAYS watch English movies (not dubbed…) SONY would do a good job making EVERYTHING international!!

Still no subtitled original versions ?
Still not much anything else than american *** ? :/

wiktorclunk 21 December, 2009 @ 12:31 pm   34

When POLAND?

markl1972 21 December, 2009 @ 7:05 pm   35

Hi, interested in the 99p horror films, but not actually found them! Anyone got a list?

Hello!
While I understand the need for localization and such wouldn’t it be possible to have an English-only (more or less the UK video store) available from all EU countries?!

I totally LOVE many British series and would truly enjoy using the UK video store since I like (and am able to) look at movies with their original voices etc.

My PS3 is set on English so I always have the original voices in games so… for all us non-UK Europeans that can understand English: couldn’t you make somehow English-only (UK) content available to us too?!?!?

I know I’d spend a great deal on the UK video store!!!

wiktorclunk 22 December, 2009 @ 8:31 pm   37

when POLAND!!!!!!?????????????????????????

hi there, im from denmark and im just wondering when will the videostore be available in Denmark?? im kinda getting the feeling of being ripped off, when the us and most of europe have and not litlle [DELETED]

Hello Olga,

I registered a new account for the Transformer Promo but i still have not recieved the free download via email.

Can you assist?

Coimbrap.

wiktorclunk 31 December, 2009 @ 10:26 am   40

When Poland???

haha denmark is complaing that rest of the europe has it.. well sweden dont and i want it to. but i dont think it helps to complain about it.

but i hoping it will be released soon.. :)