Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Title Update #3

Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.

Below is a list of what is different:

• Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update
  • Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
  • Load times have been decreased significantly
  • Added “Rematch” functionality
  • Adjusted some Boosters for balance
  • Addressed issue with Player’s Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
  • Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards

We’ve also made a slew of other changes to improve player experience.

I spoke with our multiplayer lead designer, Justin, to give us the lowdown on what’s so great about a few of these updates. Justin quickly shot me back an e-mail with the following info:

Clan Tags is an addition we’ve been working for a while on. While it’s not full Clan support, we wanted to be sure that everybody can fly their Clan colors within UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. Support for this is available to all players from the very beginning and can be edited within the player Profile menu – the same place where you choose your boosters.

We have significantly decreased load times . You will notice that the game loads into a map much faster after leaving the vote screen. This will help get players into games faster and keep people playing instead of waiting in the menu system.

We have also added Rematch functionality. At the end of a game, all players will be put back into matchmaking together, allowing you to play the same group of people over again. This decreases wait times, while still allowing people to leave after a match if they so desire. Again, this gets people into games faster and allows more time playing and less time in the menus – all of which is a very, very good thing!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

35 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

i still havent played this yet, i loved the first one and my wife has this one tucked away for my christmas so cant wait to get stuck in to what is being hailed as game of the year.

eastavenge 18 December, 2009 @ 3:04 pm   2

Clan tags sounds great.

AcidCrashX 18 December, 2009 @ 3:04 pm   3

Awesome idea about the Clan Tags guys :) hope to hit some this weekend

CartBlanche 18 December, 2009 @ 3:07 pm   4

Sounds like a great update! Keep ‘em coming Naughty Dog!

Thank you very, very much guys! :) Your support for this game has been amazing so far! I think I’ll give UC2 another shot later on as it’s been ages since I’ve last played it (even though I love it so much). Thanks again :)

CardcaptorStacey 18 December, 2009 @ 3:11 pm   6

Wow, this sounds really awesome! Now I’m exciting what you’re bringing next! XD

xEN7xASSASSINx 18 December, 2009 @ 3:11 pm   7

awesome! although i havent played for awhile because i HAD to quit a game, and when i went on like 2 days later it took me from rank 19 down to rank 1 and all my boosters i had purchased lol :(

Not that loading maps took too long (I think getting online in the first place is worse.) I am still looking forward to seeing how much it as changed.

i love the way ND are keeping the game fresh it makes a change to other game devs

Shadow-King 18 December, 2009 @ 3:23 pm   10

Sweet this is gr8 work ND. Love you guys. Not been putting much time into the game bar completing it on SP hard mode. I will have a platinum for it by Christmas!

Thanks again

Cesarcsrf 18 December, 2009 @ 3:33 pm   11

nice, just one more thing to make perfect, let us either download the matches we record to PS3 HDD or upload it to youtube!

Thanks. The waitingtimes is what kept me from playing the multiplayer more often. But for the record, I still don’t feel the multiplayer was nessesary. I would have loved Uncharted 2 even without it and I can’t help but feeling that I could have even more story when the money wasn’t put in the multiplayer aspect of the game.

It’s great to see such support for this game. :)

I love playing as Marco Polo!
They are some great updates to bring to Uncharted 2. Long may the support continue.

Any chance of an option to control the speed/sensitivity of the camera movement in the future????

GreenMekon 18 December, 2009 @ 4:00 pm   15

Great update, will have to get on it this weekend. This is my game of the year.

L8ers
GreenMekon

whoismilan 18 December, 2009 @ 4:01 pm   16

Naughty Dog: Congrats on all of the Game of the Year awards you’ve been winning. :)

Also, to anyone who hasn’t seen the show “Feedback” on G4TV.com, I recommend this weeks episode – nothing but almost 50 minutes talking about the best game of 2009. ;)

Spurvugle 18 December, 2009 @ 4:11 pm   17

Nice, Uncharted is one of the best ps3 games ever (if not the best)

Gamerwillz 18 December, 2009 @ 4:24 pm   18

Fantastic update! I am pleased about the loading time decrease, because I have to admit that original loading time in this game is looong! I love Uncharted 2! It does 100% deserve the award for GOTY.

Naughty Dog once again proving they are cream of the crop when it comes to developers. It could be so easy to just rest on what we already have and carry on with something else. The multiplayer is great as it is, but ND wont rest until all our grievances are sorted.

Thanks Arne for the heads up, could you fix the language problem on the bces-00727 version of the game, I live in UK but I’m from Portugal and I loved playing uncharted 1 in portuguese but for some reason I can’t play this one as english in the only option, or you could upload the other languages to the store I wouldnt mind downloading them and thank you for the update and keep up the good work.

Carnivius_Prime 18 December, 2009 @ 4:31 pm   21

Nice update. I’m glad they put multiplayer into this game as for me it makes the single best multiplayer online game around and adds massive amounts of replay value. The disc has barely been out of my PS3 since it arrived.

Andy-McK-4ever 18 December, 2009 @ 6:27 pm   22

Looks like a great update. I’ll be sure to play some multiplayer tomorrow and check it out. Please tell me you are going to take away the disconnection in the near future though

SSJGoku786 18 December, 2009 @ 6:42 pm   23

I haven’t had as much fun with online multiplayer on any other game as I have had with Uncharted 2. It’s brilliant.

Erorrless 18 December, 2009 @ 7:02 pm   24

thats the game im getting for xmas =)
hope i can find it bundled with U1

parapetti 18 December, 2009 @ 7:13 pm   25

Naughty dog i just fell in love ;) :D btw watcha say u give us alittle single player dlc ?? just a little side story about chloe or rika watcha say ? please ? ;):D

:O meybe soon TeamOPM for Uncharted2? :D

Andrefpvs 18 December, 2009 @ 8:52 pm   27

Excellent additions overall! Thanks guys, keep them coming.

I’ll agree with video exporting to the HDD or YouTube, would be a great addition. Give it a shot :)

Pure awesomeness keeps getting more awesome

Update is up for the asia version pretty early this time.
Thanks ND, I appreciate the effort, hope you guys keep it up. One of my favorite dev this entire generation, and Uncharted 2 (and 1) being probably the *only* games I’m satisfied with in terms of gameplay and quality this generation too.

PenguinGlen 18 December, 2009 @ 11:15 pm   30

Another great update. Really appreciate all the hard work Naughty Dog. You always listen to our feedback and act upon on it. :D

Looking forward to hopefully some more maps in future updates.

INS1GHTFUL 19 December, 2009 @ 2:07 pm   31

Anyone else finding it really slow to connect now?
Mine is syncing for ages!

JohnLinsley 20 December, 2009 @ 11:20 am   32

This just keeps getting better and better. Its good to see continued support for this title. It just goes to show that Naughty Dog view continuing improvement is an investment to their fan base. They could have sat back after making such a great title, but instead they continue to plough resources into this title to make the experience better for their customers. Thank you ladies and gentlemen of Naughty Dog.

CAN you please remove the [DELETED] 5-10 respawning on the game. IMHO the moves to slow online.

glad to hear about clan tags tags i love them on mw2 and hoped theyd be adding them to other games

but you did kind of copy them dont argue just admit it

Stonesthrow 22 December, 2009 @ 12:43 pm   35

ok, been a little busy with modern warfare 2 nowadays but im sure to pick this game up again in the near future..too bad there’s only 3 co up levels though, i don’t like multi in third person games so i was hoping for the co up to keep me going, but seeing there’s only 3 missions i got sick of playing those same ones over and over again..might be a good id for dlc?