Posted 3:56pm

Heavy Rain Approaching!

Hi everyone – Alex Pavey here, with some great news about Heavy Rain to start off the new year! The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that the US release date has been confirmed today as the 23rd February – and although there are still some final tests and checks to be completed, I wanted to let you all know that you can expect to see Heavy Rain on-shelves across PAL regions during the same week – Wednesday 24th February for mainland Europe, and Friday 26th February in the UK and Ireland.

Heavy Rain

There are a range of pre-order programs going on – these vary across each country, but will offer you a chance to get hold of either the Heavy Rain Special Edition, or specific bonus items DLC including “Heavy Rain: Chronicle One – The Taxidermist”. Look out for more details on country-specific pre-order plans soon.

Heavy Rain

Heavy Rain is the highly anticipated PS3 exclusive developed by Quantic Dream – an emotional thriller where your choices can have dramatic consequences. There’ll be plenty more interesting news to come on Heavy Rain as we approach launch, so keep your eyes open…!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

I see what you did there >>

xKillerMonkeyx 8 January, 2010 @ 4:05 pm   2

cool i will pencil it in my diary, just incase it gets changed

DANTHEMAN121 8 January, 2010 @ 4:06 pm   3

hoping for Playstation Home content this game looks and sounds EPIC can’t wait

liquidotacon88 8 January, 2010 @ 4:11 pm   4

Ordered the special edition copy from HMV today, soooooooo hyped for this game. Keep up the good work Quantic Dream :D

addyjones1234 8 January, 2010 @ 4:14 pm   5

ordered the special ed the other day, this game looks great :D

free copy per chance? i spent all my money over christmas on alchohol and cheap hookers.
kthx

Pre-ordered the special edition from HMV :)

Can’t wait!

yihaaaaaaa

RSStation 8 January, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   9

Is there any chance of a demo for Heavy Rain?

The game and concept sounds really good but never played a game like this before.

designheadache 8 January, 2010 @ 4:25 pm   10

I was lucky enough to play a demo at a game expo, and it was great fun. The demo was packed actually, plenty of people interested in having a go, and trying something different to the previous player and watching the outcome.

A welcome change from all the FPS and button masher games out at the moment!!

From some videos that I have seen on the Internet I noticed that the game suffered from screen tearing problems. Is it going to be solved on the final build of the game ?

I’ve just preordered it from HMV ireland… they have an exclusive on the special edition… Eu59.99 quoted but they say it might be priced at less on the day of release… really looking forward to it!

brainpowered 8 January, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   13

Bring it on. Finally!

Fsk-Kain 8 January, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   14

for the collector’s edition the inside slipcase is the steelbox?

Alex Pavey 8 January, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

The Heavy Rain Special Edition is a specially-laminated slipcase containing a fold-out card slipcase. No steelbox for this one – but it looks very nice indeed :)

humanfish 8 January, 2010 @ 4:38 pm   15

Nice, looking forward to it Pavey. Any chance you could send a Special Edition my brothers way lol What’s everyone gonna do on release after all these years working on tyhe project. There will be an empty hole inside you.

Can’t wait to get into the story, well done!!

Adam G

Alex Pavey 8 January, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

Glad you’re looking forward to it mate – but you and Shauno can head to HMV like everyone else ;)

why does uk get it 2 days later:(

Alex Pavey 8 January, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

Pesico and Raider197 beat me to this (good work guys!) – it’s only down to the fact that games are always released on Fridays in the UK, I’m afraid. Just a little longer to wait… :)

UK usually gets games on fridays whereas mainland EU gets them on wednesdays/thursdays.

Raider197 8 January, 2010 @ 4:46 pm   18

I’ll just stick with the ordinary edition, I don’t like special edition boxes, they stick out like a sore thumb on my shelf.

@ 16: The UK and Ireland get it two days later because games (and maybe movies) are always released on a Friday over here as opposed to a Moday / Wednesday in other places.

AKGermany 8 January, 2010 @ 4:51 pm   19

Awesome – can you clarify which languages will be on which country’s disc or will there be one BD across Europe.

You mean -

Heavy SNOW approaching :D

Demo plz?

somethingatt 8 January, 2010 @ 4:57 pm   21

First ever game this gen I will buy the Collector’s Edition of.
Day 1 nonetheless! :)

Best of luck with the release and hopefully it does great.

vonhammer 8 January, 2010 @ 4:59 pm   22

I ordered the special edition the other day,hope HMV delivery before or on the day.

Fahrenheit made me cautious. *Very* cautious. I’m still keeping an eye on this thing, but I’m still worried.

I preordered the Special Edition from HMV yesterday, I’m so glad HMV got the rights as they are discounting it online to £39.99 like the normal version – you can bet that if Game had got hold of it they would sell it at the full £49.99 RRP like they did with Ratchet & Clank (which incidently lost you a sale as that meant I didn’t buy it…)

I can’t remember the last time I was so hyped about a game (I try not to let myself get hyped to avoid disappointment) but I can’t help it for this title, and it’s out the day before my birthday too! Don’t let me down Quantic Dream… ;)

Can’t wait for this, pre-ordered :)

Demo? Go on you know you want to. I promise to buy the game it’s the demo even hints at being good.

Alex Pavey 8 January, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   27

Hi guys – great to hear that so many are you are excited about Heavy Rain – and rightly so! ;)

Mutt, RSStation – There will indeed be a demo available pre-release. More details to follow soon, so keep an eye out.

A great weekend to all! :)

Deathvein 8 January, 2010 @ 5:37 pm   28

Just got paid. I’m sooo gonna pre-order the special edition! £40 is a steal. Too bad GAME don’t stock it. Some reward points would’ve been the icing on the cake. :)

SwiftRyu 8 January, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   29

Pleasantly surprised by the announcement. Was expecting it towards the summer and maybe Autumn time. Hope it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle, as innovative games such as these need to succeed in the sales to push gaming forwards.

yume_2501 8 January, 2010 @ 5:40 pm   30

will the uk version contains the italian language too? because i want to preorder the special edition on hmv.
Thanks in advance for the answer and for bringing this amazing game to us… loved fahrrnheit and i am sure will love HR too.

WareW0lf_n 8 January, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   31

Heavy Rain is deffinetely my most anticipated game. I am buying it day one without a question.
My only hope is that more developers will do what you guys are, that is creating new interesting games, none of that shooter/racing games that we are bombarded all the time. The genre of Heavy Rain is certainly unique and i hope there will be more games like it.

Is there any approximate figure of how long this game is? I dont expect it to be 20 hours long, quality beats quantity/length any time in my book, but im hoping that my first out of many playthroughs of Heavy Rain will be a long one :)

Thank you Quantic Dreams for all your efforts in making an amazingly unique game. And im saying all this without actually having played the game that should say how amazing it is :D.

Gekidami 8 January, 2010 @ 5:52 pm   32

When exactly can we expect details on where and when the collectors edition will be available across Europe? The games out in just over a month and no sites seem to have it for pre-order yet (apart from th HMV in the UK).

SIR-DARK-HAZE 8 January, 2010 @ 5:54 pm   33

Hi Pavey i was just wondering if we could pre order for the hmv exclusive edition in store, collect and pay instore? thanks also if you can buy the SE in store will it still be £40? sorry for all the qestions. cheers. cant wait for the game to e released.

MobileTone 8 January, 2010 @ 5:58 pm   34

best rental game of the year

I ordered the special edition! It’s the same price as the regular edition at HMV.

daffycare 8 January, 2010 @ 6:14 pm   36

i cant wait for this game, going to pre order it from hmv soon, cant wait to play the demo.

WareW0lf_n 8 January, 2010 @ 6:21 pm   37

@MobileTone

Must buy!! lol I love supporting developers that make unique games that are not an everyday shooter

maddymad 8 January, 2010 @ 6:35 pm   38

Just like all of you here, I can’t wait to get my hands on this game!!!

Just pre-ordered the collectors from hmv. Can’t wait for this game. Does anyone know what hmv are like for delivering pre-orders on time for release date.

PirateThom 8 January, 2010 @ 6:42 pm   40

Good call on the lack of steel case, those things are ugly.

GekooktEi 8 January, 2010 @ 6:56 pm   41

That’s just too friggin awesome! This totally makes my day, and my week… perhaps my month! :D

It’s even earlier than what the stores said. They all had February 26 as a release date, but this is even better, 24 February it is :D

KylieDog 8 January, 2010 @ 6:58 pm   42

Absolutely no online retailer in the UK has the Heavy Rain Special Edition listed on websites for pre-order.

Someone at SCEE needs give them a little kick up the backside for motivation to list it.

@KylieDog
Its only avaliable from hmv
and its £40 same as the normal version

Darkos87 8 January, 2010 @ 7:08 pm   44

The prequel HEAVY SNOW is already out in UK

KylieDog 8 January, 2010 @ 7:13 pm   45

@ StuDevo

Thanks I always forget to check HMV since they often ship on release day instead of shipping earlier for delivery on release day. I probably end up recieving it from them in March. Poor choice for an exclusive special edition.

Message to SCEE: game.co.uk or play.com for special editions!

@KylieDog

No problem, just hope my copy arrives on release date

We alredy know for the us.blog what languages does the US version include. Can you tell us what languages will include the PAL version for each of the countries?

Thanks

Rama26285 8 January, 2010 @ 7:34 pm   48

Arriving on the 26th of Feb in the UK? That’s my birthday! I think that’ll certainly be one of my presents :) I managed to play this at the Eurogamer Expo and can’t wait to play the full thing….

wow:

MAG
Heavy Rain
God of War 3

it’s going to be an epic start to the year.

MegadethAndy 8 January, 2010 @ 8:11 pm   50

Will NZ get the uncut version? or will we be stuck with what Aussie gets?
I dont wanna be stung like GTA4 again.

Pilot-Alan 8 January, 2010 @ 8:17 pm   51

Can anyone tell which version should I buy? I mean I am 27 years old and I do not want to buy a modified version… I want the complete one… should I buy it from uk? Germany? please help me out..i live in usa and this is a big problem for us here.

fading_illusion 8 January, 2010 @ 8:58 pm   52

when are we getting dynamic theme? its a scee made title and yet scea release dynamic theme first. its fine, but can you tell us when we get dynamic theme?

thanks in advance, ;D

Pilot-Alan 8 January, 2010 @ 9:05 pm   53

can anyone tell me which version are going to be complete ” NO Cuts ”
is it the UK version? German version? …etc

janlevardy 8 January, 2010 @ 9:15 pm   54

Please when will be playble demo on Playstation Store?? Thanks :)

EHRGEIZ-XIII 8 January, 2010 @ 9:38 pm   55

i came…

honestly i cant wait anymore!!!!!

Regarding the release date, ‘tradition’ can be used to justify just about anything (including heinous stuff in history). Just because it’s traditional doesn’t make it right, worldwide release dates please.

Devilater 8 January, 2010 @ 10:24 pm   57

I’m not sure about special edition, i want extra content but don’t want to spend too much.

whoismilan 8 January, 2010 @ 10:37 pm   58

Awesome news about the demo!

I was about to give this game a pass since there are so many titles being released in the next few months that I know will be great, but if there will be a demo then I’ll give it a chance for sure!

toolfan2007 8 January, 2010 @ 11:16 pm   59

Cannot Wait to get my hands on this game!!!!

Special Edtion all the way baby!!!

I have already pre booked the limited edition! But fix the marketing and not only in uk, fix it in the Nordic states like Sweden! Ppl I talk to when I work (work as a salesman in the gaming area in a big electronic store) dont know a thing about this game. These people is the “casual gamers” and they are the big pie that Heavy Rain needs to be successful. Whit good marketing that is not a flashy commercial but instead an informative and well designed tv spot is the key. When I saw the uncharted 2 commercial that was aired in uk and Sweden it was a joke. Look what US advertisement is doing right know. The make a well designed tv spot that gets to the point. But in a package that is free from this flashy stuff that flash around and take away the concentration from the potential costumer.

AND Make it clear that this game is NOT AN POINT AND CLICK GAME (like dragons liar) but an psychological thriller whit user created endings. That might even make women that usually dont play games get interested! And you all know that the biggest group that buys stuff is women.

I’m not going to lie, when I bought a PS3 12 months a go this title was a massive factor in that.

I love the fact you guys stuck to an idea that you believed in and think that it so unique it is AAA.

Well done guys …

Andrefpvs 8 January, 2010 @ 11:57 pm   62

@ Alex:

Hello! In your last post, I asked you about Trophy support for the Chronicles, and you said you’d look into it.

Do you have any answer for me? Thank you :)

Alex, this is the kind of care and attention to detail I expected from Silent Hill this gen and didn’t get it. I am glad this title is around the corner, and its nice to see a company try something different.

I hope the reviews don’t try and review this game like it’s another typical game, because it’s much more different. Game looks stunning, the game’s design is genius and the story seems very interesting.

Special Edition pre-ordered :D

ipodgeenie 9 January, 2010 @ 2:21 am   64

To all those wondering about uncut versions: the UK version of the game passed with a 15 certificate from the BBFC with no cuts made :)

Toinou91CH 9 January, 2010 @ 9:47 am   65

@ Alex

Hi, thanks for the news ;)

I Wanted to know if the PAL version will be in several language ? I live in Switerland and normally all the games are at least in English, French, German and Italian (Audio & Text).

Is it the same for the PAL version of Heavy Rain ?

Thanks ;)

@ Deathvein

Reward points are always a good thing, but there is always Quidco and Cash Back on Credit cards to add to the rewards.

I’ve ordered my copy as well. I can see HMV doing pretty well out of this Pre-Order. I just hope they keep to the price and get the games shipped out on time.

Hope i can get hold of the special ed.
This game looks insane. Can’t wait to try it out.

Falcon1991 9 January, 2010 @ 11:55 am   68

Fantastic!

Both Dante’s Inferno and this in February.

What a treat. :)

born2destroy 9 January, 2010 @ 11:56 am   69

when you said Heavy Rain Approaching! I thought the paystation blog had started doing weatherupdates and news. Im only joking i knew it was for this game and i can’t wait it looks immense.

Alex Pavey, following the doubt of N30RYU from before (he stills want to know the answer and I’m sure an answer to this will solve both of us doubts):

1.- The UK Special Edition will feature the spanish voice cast too on its BluRay disc?

2.- The special code for the first DLC (that code included on the Special Edition), will allow the download of a spanish version of that DLC?

Huge thanks in advance. Waiting for you answer because I want to get the Special Edition as soon as possible ! =)))

This is great, I pre-ordered my copy of the special edition from HMV here in the UK the day before the official announcement lol! Looking forward to this immensely! Now, if only people would announce where the Aliens Vs Predator Hunter Edition will be sold from and who is stocking the Ultimate Trilogy Edition of God of War 3! The trouble is, a lot of retailers seem to be offering partial content from those two games just on their own and not part of the complete limited edition. Play are offering 3 skins for AvP that are part of the Hunter Edition and also one skin from the GoW3 UTE! Very awkward, I hope we don’t lose out or the same thing that happened with Bayonetta, where one company gets half the special edition, and another company gets the other half of the content!

SpaceCakeNL 9 January, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   72

First I thought I would skip Heavy Rain with all the good games but now I’m not so sure any more haha maybe skip FF13 and buy Heavy Rain instead :D

SmoggyPhil 10 January, 2010 @ 11:05 am   73

Finally, an innovative game to filter a market choked with the same shooters and RPGs!

I’ll wait for either price drop, or see the reviews. Fahrenheit WAS great, but the ending was one “What?” after another so i’m eyeing Heavy Rain cautiously..

But let’s hope this innovating-not-imitating game belts out a cracker for 2010!

Is there any info about the price of the Special Edition? In UK is listed in HMV at the same price as the normal version: £39.99. Will be the same price the normal and especial edition in euros? 69.99€?

sean_kelly 10 January, 2010 @ 8:37 pm   75

not very good lol oj

UK price: ~40 euro, NL/BE price: between 60 and 80(!) euro. I don’t know why we have to pay almost double the price, but it’s redicilous and I’m importing it from the UK (as with pretty much every other PS3 game).

KrAzY_DiAz970 15 January, 2010 @ 12:27 am   77

Hey Alex, When is there going to be a demo? i hope its very soon because im so hyped up to get my hands on the demo and game itself, and almost everyday i watch your guys trailers and some gameplay. I cant get enough of it!!! Lolz, And yeah also is there going to be any home content?. because if there is wow, defenetly going to buy those stuff! lolz. Ok well please reply back PLEASE! i really want a demo! lolz. Ok Thanks – KrAzY_DiAz970.

TheMadHatter13 15 January, 2010 @ 8:28 pm   78

wondering if anybody knows if you get the taxidermist code when the game comes out or did you have to get it when you preorderd it cuz i preorderd it and didnt get it so i was just wonderin.

ps game looks incredible have been waiting with anticipation for this game to come out.

I have a question regarding the localized versions of the game:

Can anyone tell me if the french version of Heavy Rain will feature the English voices+subtitles as well?

I ask because I live there but I mostly enjoy “original versions” (regarding movies or games) and since David Cage mentioned that he only directed the english dub, that’s the one I’m going for.

I don’t mind having the French voices+subtitles as well (and I guess they’ll be mandatory in our release) but I would love to be able to experience the game as it was meant to be!

If the answer is no, I guess I’ll have to import it from the UK just as many others…