Posted 6:39pm

God of War III – Kratos is on His Way!

Hi everyone,

You may have read that the God of War III U.S. release date has been confirmed today as the 16th March 2010. Whilst I can’t confirm the exact date for PAL, I wanted to let you know say that we are aiming to release God of War III across PAL regions during the same week. I will confirm this as soon as I can so watch this space, the wait will be over soon!

Some more news for you … on 11th February, I’m really excited to announce that we’ll be unveiling our brand new God of War III trailer here so look out for it then, you won’t be disappointed.

Meanwhile, for those of you who haven’t seen it, below is the official God of War III box art, hope you guys like it!

GOWIII_3D_Pack_PEGI

We are also currently finishing off the box art for our Ultimate Trilogy Edition and I will unveil it in my next post.

That’s it for now, stay tuned, more God of War III news to follow as we’re getting closer and closer to launch!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

84 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

MINE!! xD

GoWIII looks awesome, I just can’t wait.

addyjones1234 28 January, 2010 @ 6:42 pm   2

when will your next post be? :P

im assuming the trilogy edition will be pretty much teh same as the US one? i hope it is because its sexy :)

Thach Quach 29 January, 2010 @ 7:56 am

Hi addyjones. You’ll have to wait for my next post, probably next week so look out of it :-)

So the 19th then? :o either way its march its all that matters :D

I thought SCEE would have come up with a better boxart than SCEA… :P

NICE! Amazing box art well done on that effort! Can’t wait for GOW 3, i’m currently playing through the GOW Collection (import) and it’s great to go back and play them agian :)

Galvanise_ 28 January, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   6

That is a terrible cover.

The US Ultimate Editions cover is awesome by the way. Black, white and red. Very sexy.

Don’t mess this up any further by changing that.

Very iconic (eyeconic?) boxart. Will definitely stand out.

Matt_FireWire 28 January, 2010 @ 6:45 pm   8

Any word on the demo?

SpaceCakeNL 28 January, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   9

wow another very nice EU boxart!

Interesting boxart, but if I’m honest I much prefer the ‘action shot’ boxart that is used on the EU Special Edition, which for some reason that is beyond me will not be released in the UK…

The EU SE boxart can be seen on TheSixthAxis here:

To me it shouts “buy me, play me” much more than Kratos’s eye does…

He also appears to be missing a nose in that image too!

Hi great news =)

by the way is the trilogy edition exclusive to a specific retailer in the UK? And do you have any information about this edition being available in portugal? I heard some rumors that it was still uncertain if it was going to be available over here

Thanks for the info

I’m definitely getting the Ultimate Edition! Can’t wait for this game!

MAG was out in the US this week on tuesday 26th Jan while its out for the EU tomorrow.
So its safe to say were all smart enough to know God Of War 3 will be here on the 19th March (friday)

Pretty damn obvious right SCEE?

The simplist thing is such a chore for you guys isnt it SCEE. Damn.
Dont bother with official word this time Sony. We already know.

Rude_Sparthan 28 January, 2010 @ 6:57 pm   14

….wordless….. 16 march.. the best day of my life…….

CinderShadow 28 January, 2010 @ 6:58 pm   15

The EU SE looks impressive. The standard boxart would be perfect on a giant billboard, but the SE art foretells of the attitude and vengeance that you’d expect from the end of a trilogy, especially from Kratos. It also fits more closely with the art featured on previous games in the series.

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 7:02 pm   16

So… Is it safe to say that the game will be released between 15th and 19th march here in Europe?
This mean most likely friday (19th) because in Europe games are released fridays.Or you aim for simultaneous (same day) with North America release?

Paulus-NL 28 January, 2010 @ 7:14 pm   17

played gow 1 and 2 again on the ps3. also played the gow3 demo alot. i wan’t more gow3 :D

MaikelSteneker 28 January, 2010 @ 7:14 pm   18

I still haven’t played a single God of War game… This game should have a demo! A public one, I mean. Is there any news about that?

whoismilan 28 January, 2010 @ 7:14 pm   19

I love that box art, it looks stylish and confident, as opposed to many other box arts these days which are going more for the “desperate attention w**re” look. :)

Demo soon to? ;)

NightHawk767 28 January, 2010 @ 7:23 pm   21

I’m sorry but I don’t really like the box art, I like the same one in black much better. Oh well… it’s still God of War!!!

Yea this box art for this is stylish and confident.
Gr8 job

I am really looking forward to this game! I am currently playing through the God of War Collection that I imported. I’ve completed 1 and almost finshed 2. I was also lucky enough to get selected for the God of War 3 demo which I really enjoyed!

However…I am waiting until I finish FFXIII until I buy this.

Also, SCEE, if you don’t mind me asking: why is the UK not getting the Collectors Edition? I really want the extra content, and I may be forced to import again like I did the Collection. Importing makes me feel pretty bad as my purchase won’t count towards sale of the game in the UK, and if many people get the same idea then it could reflect badly on sales.

almighty-slayer 28 January, 2010 @ 7:28 pm   24

So…You’re telling us you don’t know when it will be out?

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 7:31 pm   25

I want the game.The box art maybe is not the most impressive box art ever,but it’s good enough.After all I will not sit and stare the box,I will play the game. ;) And the game I’m sure will be the best game ever.
The only remain question is the exact release day…

Munkeh111 28 January, 2010 @ 7:32 pm   26

Thanks for letting us know!

And this is the best way to let us know the date, because it does mean that Friday in the UK, but I assume that some of the other region dates are TBD, which is why the exact release date is not possible

GuttermouthSIN 28 January, 2010 @ 7:34 pm   27

Day one buy, although I think this is one of the rare occasions where the US has the better box art.

QuezcatoL 28 January, 2010 @ 7:38 pm   28

I’m trying to understand SONY, but I don’t.
You basically release on of your heaviest titles against FF13 and other jewels like Yakuza 3?
That would be almost like releasing Fable2 and Ninja Gaiden the same date as FF13 gets released, you think MS would ever do that?

Ahmedz_LOLZaMan 28 January, 2010 @ 7:39 pm   29

Where’s the PSN logo?

The box art has been available to view on the game’s product page at Play.com for a few days now, & I’m with you Apnomis; I think that the selection of the front image for the UK release may not attract as many punters as the European Special Edition will.

Whilst I’m on the subject… one hundred & ten notes for the “God of War III Trilogy” edition (at Game.co.uk)!?! Yee-ouch!

Back to the game… the lack of control of the camera spoiled my enjoyment of the “God of War III” demo. Yes, whilst stationery in a first person view you can raise or lower Kratos’ viewpoint, but I thought the game could have been improved by the introduction of the ability to rotate the camera around either Kratos’ position, or a fixed point on the screen, when playing in a third person perspective. I rarely needed to roll out of the way (if at all), but I often wanted to see what was happening behind my character’s on-screen presence.

Do you know if a “camera control” of this nature has been introduced (recently), or will the view of the on-screen action still be restricted in the commercial release?

Thanks for your clarification.

BFN,

fp.

Deathvein 28 January, 2010 @ 7:43 pm   31

Woah, that box art is amazing.

Simplicity FTW!

I love graphic design and have to say that the cover is nice and really pops. I do have a question as to whether there was temptation to emulate the cover art of the previous titles for continuity purposes?

Hi there!

I have one question.

We know there are the normal and Ultimate versions of the game, but I’ve also heard about a Collector’s Edition (on the Amazon website for instance) that costs 5€ more than the normal one and offers 2 skins and the arena.

I’d just like to ask, if that version exists, how will the box be made?
Because the artbox shown on it is really awesome, and if it’s all in cardboard, I’d be annoyed :(

Bye ^^

vonhammer 28 January, 2010 @ 7:51 pm   34

@fanpages

cameras locked,but supposedly it’s much more dynamic than before.

@Thach (seriously cool name)

Can you give some clarification on the special edition,I know game have exclusive rights on the ultimate edition,but I heard two rumours about a separate special edition,first it was not for uk and only central eu,then it is all eu.If you could confirm either way please,then I can pre order the game

Thanks

Could someone at some please answer this simple question?
Will the God of war collection coming to europe before or after the release of god of war 3?

could someone at sony* sorry

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 7:55 pm   37

Arghhh I cannot wait! March cannot wait soon enough .This waiting is unbearable !

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 7:56 pm   38

Edit:March cannot come soon enough…
Why I cannot edit my comments by the way?

will europe still not be able to get the gow 1 and 2 remakes unless we buy the £110 box as thats very steep as i only want the 3 games not all the other stuff and cba importing the collection

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 8:09 pm   40

I read that Europe will get GOW:Collection http://n4g.com/ps3/News-464443.aspx
However it’s unknown when…

that box art looks awesome!! i hope the ultimate edition is similar to that.

divine1000 28 January, 2010 @ 8:27 pm   42

I hope you guys put the new trailer up on the store, much better than streaming it.

Zorin_Burittsu 28 January, 2010 @ 8:28 pm   43

that’s the worst art cover i ever seen!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but the boxart is terrible.
It just seems really bland and pretentious :/

I can’t imagine many people going “oh wow an eye, this looks like a great game”.

He doesn’t even have a nose – it just looks weird >.<

mushroomhead_bg 28 January, 2010 @ 8:39 pm   45

Read the explanation here http://elanimador.blogspot.com/
and stop the whining about the cover. God it’s annoying … The cover is good enough
The thing that we should whine is the fact that we still don’t have the exact release day for Europe ;)

DarK_EviL 28 January, 2010 @ 8:40 pm   46

My ultimate edition is already preordered :P
Can’t wait.
I hate the official boxart tho.

I’m somewhat disappointed with the box art (compared to the previous titles) but I’m still really looking forward to unleashing the chaos :)

hillsymcmlxxvi 28 January, 2010 @ 8:54 pm   48

Any news on GOW Collection, surely Sony have dropped the ball, if this is not released in Europe, how discriminative is it that the US get it and Europe doesnt, we are your biggest allies, come on sort it!

Munkeh111 28 January, 2010 @ 8:57 pm   49

Also, can we see the box art from front on? Not from the angle

Like the boxart :) so it is the same as US version.

Load all