Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:06pm

Digital Comics Store Update (11th February 2010)

Love is in the air, and so is the sweet smell of fresh braaaiinns. Show your deadication and buy the complete Marvel Zombies mini series which is available this week on the store!

PSP Digital Comics

Other highlights include:
From IDW we have the highly entertaining (and adult) Tank Girl: The Gifting where co-creator Alan C. Martin teams up with Ashley Wood to offer redemption to anyone who sat through the Tank Girl movie. We also reach the conclusion of the wonderful Groom Lake which comes with audio commentary. Honestly you need to buy this series! Locke & Key also starts a new story arc this week called Head Games.

Digital Comics

Insomnia release the 2nd chapter of the innovative Cancertown of which Sci-Fi Pulse wrote “Cancertown leaps out of the page at you, grabs you by the jugular and doesn’t let you go. Simply put, it’s weird, disturbing and any number of other words that you’d associate with horror. It is also compelling and, in the tradition of the best horror comics, has just the right mix of action, adventure and mystery thrown in to keep you guessing.” Remember the first chapter is free to download.

Digital Comics

Here is the complete list:

• 2000AD Prog #1666 2000AD 18+
  • Uncanny X-Men (2003) #483-#485 Marvel 12+
  • Wolverine (2003) #32-#37 Marvel 15+
  • Wormwood: Gentlemen Corpse #11: Calamari Rising #3 IDW 17+
  • X-Men (2004) #181-#186 Marvel 12+
  • X-Men: Colossus Bloodline (2005) #1-#5 Marvel 9+
  • X-Mickey #6: The Carousel Disney 3+

Check www.playstationcomics.com for prices in your currency. Don’t forget you can share your comic passion or ask newbie questions in the comics forum

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Tank Girl! Heard good things about it, will definitely get it.

imajinetion 11 February, 2010 @ 2:12 pm   2

Any news when more countries will get this? ;(

mitch_uk_psn 11 February, 2010 @ 2:16 pm   3

I know it is quite a large edition, but will we get 2000AD Prog 2010? It continues stories from Prog #1665.

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 2:26 pm

Sorry about the delay of the 2010 special – it will be on the store in 2 weeks time

Alcest-Wizard 11 February, 2010 @ 2:17 pm   4

any news about spanish store? :’(

Ravenblade86 11 February, 2010 @ 2:29 pm   5

Shall have to check out Tank Girl. Great to see Cancertown chapter 2 on the store as well, been waiting to read that one.

And of course I’ll be buying my weekly Prog (looking forward to the 2010 Prog in a couple of weeks) plus Wormwood and Locke & Key and I’ll be grabbing Groom Lake #3 & 4. The first two issues where fantastic!

Marvel Zombies! This is good news indeed (Not good for my wallet however!)

Many thanks to you Pete, Pass my thanks on to the entire Comics team – this service could of stumbled into obscurity but it’s going from strength to strength.

i saw the tank girl movie, wasn’t terrible, the novelisation was better.
not the biggest fan of ashley wood’s artwork, not saying it’s bad, it’s just not to my tastes, i like hewlett’s style myself.
may get the book though as i quite liked the few tank girl stories i have read, and with one of the original creators invlolved it should still be faithful to the character.
and that’s cute, that deadication thing :)
not too much of interest to me this week though, been getting the marvel reprint CEs for years otherwise i’d probably be buying the x-men and other marvel books.

Shadowdragoon 11 February, 2010 @ 2:44 pm   8

And where is the comic store for Norway? Can’t you just give us the same one as UK? we are not picky and don’t need any stinking translations. ;) or at least some way for my dummy UK account to gift buyings to my account? ;)

Icarus_Immortal 11 February, 2010 @ 2:53 pm   9

I’m hoping there will be a lot of NEW comics published by Marvel through this service, so far only the back catalogue of comics i sbeing released, but I would want the more recent releases like:
- Secret Invasion
- Annihilation Conquest
-(pershaps even Siege?)
- Recent arcs of the bigger, bestselling comics like Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, Captain America, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy and so many more. We are not only interested in the old stuff, the new is just as exciting!
- Plenty of more diversity: Nova and GotG as mentioned above, Ms Marvel, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Moon Knight etc.

That’s just some suggestions for Marvel only, I’m betting this could be applied to the other publishers as well.

I really will support this service ones it launches in Sweden, so keep the content coming and take my “complaints” into consideration.
Much appreciation!

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 2:59 pm

It’s up to the publisher as to what they put on the service. Some of them have very recent books, whilst others feel more comfortable working with their back catalogues. It’s still early days when it comes to digital distribution of comics, let’s see where it goes…

ninja_tom 11 February, 2010 @ 2:53 pm   10

Thanks for the update, I preferred it when the prices were inline in the article though :(

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

I know, but I got complaints when I did it with just £s and again when I did £s and €s. The page isn’t wide enough to list all the currencies. So to be fair to everyone I leave them off! All the new comics are in the carousel on the homepage of the website so it’s fairly easy to see the price. Also, if it’s Marvel you are after, then it’s a fairly safe bet that the comic will cost £1.19

acridweasel 11 February, 2010 @ 3:28 pm   11

When you say that Tank Girl is adult, what does that mean?
Sweary?
Nudey?
Fighty?
Or just Tank Girl sat in her home office, paying bills, searching for cheaper mortgage deals and struggling with her tax returns?

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 3:36 pm

:-) if it were the latter, then it would probably still feature the former. Swearing, nudity and fighting all feature. (That’s probably a strong endorsement for some of you)

TAKE-AWAY 11 February, 2010 @ 3:33 pm   12

Am I missing something but I have at least 20 comics in my collection but how do you deleate editions once red to free up memory space on my psp?

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

No you are not missing anything. We are. There will be an update to the application to enable in app deletion. At the moment you have to use MediaGo to manage your memorystick.

Ravenblade86 11 February, 2010 @ 3:45 pm   13

By the way, any news on more Sláine from 2000AD Pete? Or Runaway’s from Marvel? I’ll leave asking about Thor until about June I think :p

Oh and my PSP seems to have been invaded by some Roman’s, so any help from a little chap from Gaul with a magic potion is needed! Believe he has a friend called Obelix if that is any help with tracking him down :D

Pete Stott 11 February, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

Nothing I can add at the moment. Reading Runaways myself – I’m up to issue 5. And yes, I would love to see Asterix on the service too.

TAKE-AWAY 11 February, 2010 @ 3:45 pm   14

That’s good cause media go is all forfeign to me, thanks for the info.

Darkscorpius 11 February, 2010 @ 4:25 pm   15

Usual 2000AD prog and Locke and Key for me, I might check out Tank Girl, Cancer Town & Groom Lake as well. Will give me something to do when I need a break from tearing it up in Rapture.

Will there be any more graphic novels from Clive Barker making their way to the store? I really enjoyed The Thief of Always

Toy_brain 11 February, 2010 @ 9:29 pm   17

Oh my word Cancertown #2 is awesome! Vince Morley is such an excellent character. Grumpy, sarcastic, funny as hell, totally unsympathetic, and somehow really likeable.
I wasn’t expecting to laugh as much as I did, but his internal running commentary on his own ineptitude is just priceless.

Any possibility we’ll get manga in the future?

Like I say every week, bring them to PS3 and I’ll buy almost all of them.

Velocitor87 13 February, 2010 @ 12:17 am   20

So whens an approximate date when the ability to delete comics comes out?

Please, give us the comics in Sweden soon. We do not care about traslations just give us the english version or make it possible to use the UK store.