Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:30pm

From Bad To Lord

Hi everyone! I have a few bits of important news to announce!

The first is, Badman has decided to change his bad image, or at least his name. Let it be known: The Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman series will immediately be referred to as What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? The original title had a conflict of interest with an existing IP and it was not NIS America’s intention to create any conflict. This new title is intended to better represent the game’s whacky retro dungeon world and connect the player’s awareness with the overall theme of the game. Phil, give us a drumroll to introduce the new game cover…..

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord

Due to the name change the game, Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!: What did I do to deserve this? will be temporarily unavailable from the PlayStation Store. The game will return as soon as the new name process has been completed.

The second bit of news is that What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 will be released within the same week as its North American version, 7 May 2010. Waahooo!

About What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2

The goal of the game is clean and simple: As the God of Destruction, you must create a dungeon that is both difficult and powerful enough to fend off the human hero invaders. The dungeon must have a self-sustaining ecosystem, so players must strategically dig and create a dungeon with a balanced food chain. Periodically, human heroes will invade the dungeon, in order to bring peace and harmony to the world. But, they are your enemies. You must destroy the heroes before they capture the Overlord and take him back to the surface.

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord

The game system may be simple, but this game is loaded with tons of evolving monsters, environments, and heroes for hours of game play. Compared to the original game, part 2 has 2.5 times more heroes, 3.3 times more monsters, and 4 times more stages to beat.

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My LordWhat Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord

Here’s the low down on the game:

RELEASE DATE: 7 May 2010

PLATFORM: PlayStation Portable

PUBLISHER: NIS America

DEVELOPER: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. / ACQUIRE CORP.

Other bits of news concerning NIS America, Inc. games on Sony platforms:

Last Rebellion (PS3) is coming to Europe 26 March. Nine and Aisha share a voyage of vengeance in the forsaken world of Junovald.

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP) should be out everywhere in Europe by Friday, 12 February. The Australian release will be 17 February.
Still no news on Disgaea 2 Trophies.

European and Australian gamers have their own support email. Please send your questions, comments and ideas to eu-support@nisamerica.com.

Check out our Facebook account: NIS America, Inc. Europe.
Get tweets by following @NISAinEurope.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first

Damn that Batman, eh?

No PSN release for Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days ????

It’s for my PSPGo….

And About What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 will be in french like the first on the PSN ?

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

Hi Loxapac. Yes, there will be a PSN release for Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days. It was delayed until 18 Feb. Thanks for reminding me as I should have posted it above.

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:45 pm

I forgot to add this: oui, ce sera en français!

Jack-Bauer-89 15 February, 2010 @ 6:34 pm   3

Different name, still a great game :D

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:13 pm

Fab game, yeah! I love it! In fact, I can’t play it because then I’ll never go back to work and lose my job…

Which was the existing IP?

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

Hey Ninja_tom. I’m sorry, but I can’t really say. But, we really don’t like to create contention, so the name change was a good move to avoid it. Fortunately, the title was long enough that we were able to come up with a “new” one while not distancing us too much for the old.

almighty-slayer 15 February, 2010 @ 6:49 pm   5

It just sounds like that stupid Evony advert now…

SurrealNightmare 15 February, 2010 @ 7:06 pm   6

Shouldn’t that be Disgaea 3 trophies?

Also, curses for just lucking out on those Disgaea goodies in the competition. XD

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

It was brillant, SurrealNightmare, truly brillant. As a great reader, I LOVED your entry, and it was right up there!

DizzyQViper 15 February, 2010 @ 8:22 pm   7

and still no mention on the Disgaea 3 trophy patch.

the lied to us didn’t they? Europe will never see that patch. instead they waste time and resources with some lame competition.

consider Disgaea 3 my first and last NIS game. company’s that treat their EU costumers like dirt do not deserve my money.

PSN-OmniusALX 15 February, 2010 @ 9:07 pm   8

Hi,

As I have Holy Invasion 1, when the new titled version comes back onto the store, will I be able to ‘re-download’ it as I have already purchased it before it’s name change??? Will I get the new named version?

I hope so, as I plan to purchase the sequel and I’d prefer having them with the same names :-)

Regards

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:30 pm

Hey PSN-OmniusALX (great pseudo). We hope to have My Lord back up on PSN before the release of My Lord 2. As for downloading it again, I’ll have to check. Good question. If I don’t get back to you in a few days here, send an email to eu-support@nisamerica.com. Thanks.

What about Disgaea 3 trophies??

DsupremeR 15 February, 2010 @ 9:42 pm   10

Wow really… I had high hopes for this company but when you guys keep dodging and postponing things then what do you think your neglected customers over at the EU will think of you? I second DizzyQViper’s post in comment 7. Why is Europe still treated as the “third world country of gaming” in this new era? Why no news about Disgaea 3 trophy patch?

Surely you understand why many of those that want a Disgaea 3 trophy patch are disappointed in this company and will likely be hesitant to support this company in the future? To add to this insult, you guys are asking prices for downloadable games that are way high and most of the times reflect retail prices, but you guys are forgetting one thing… We get less then the retail versions. Nothing tangible whatsoever.

Winter 2009-2010 still last till 21st of March, but come on guys what’s taking so long! You already patched it twice (JP, NA) just work on it for a day and get it over with! I mean do you honestly expect people to go crazy anymore when you guys release the patch for a two year old game…

DsupremeR 15 February, 2010 @ 9:43 pm   11

-continued-

Now I know, never say never, so that why I’m just saying that I’ll be really careful to purchases games developed by NIS America. Not because they are bad, but just because they tend to forget about their European customers and that’s something I don’t support.

Please prove me wrong Allison… Never say never right…

Any news on Disgaea 3 trophies for Europe :(

where is disgaea 2 on psn :/ sure is not keeping promises with the pspgo

FatTrousers 16 February, 2010 @ 2:01 am   14

Glad you didn’t use the old “we changed the name because we’re just so damn COOL” excuse, tell it like it is. Nothing better than the truth.

smokeypsd 16 February, 2010 @ 2:24 am   15

I am so, SO sick of this type of stuff happening, the original title is far far better, the the conflicting party, needs to go and do all manner of profane things to themselves. This world takes itself FAR to freaking seriously.

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

The original title was outrageous, just by virtue of its length! We got a prize for it at E3 2009 for the insanity of the title.

Dutch_Rootsman 16 February, 2010 @ 8:14 am   16

Any plans to make Prinny available on the PSN Store for an afffordable price?

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

We hope very soon. I’ll let you know here, on Facebook (NIS America, Inc. Europe), and on Twitter (NISAinEurope).

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

It’s for sure! Prinny will have a new price as of 25 February: 15.99 pounds /19.99 euros.

Allison, thank you for giving us the real reason for the name change, rather than try and wrap it up in corporate spin.

The link (http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item263155/) states that Disagea 2 is available from the 5th, on UMD and download.

Is it still coming to PSN and any idea when?

The new name is good also, but….

Where’s our Disgaea 3 Trophy Patch? Alot of people have been waiting and waiting for this!!

electroshockwave 16 February, 2010 @ 4:37 pm   20

It’s a pity that the name had to be changed because Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman was one of the best game titles I’ve ever seen.

I really think you should lower Prinny: Can I really be a Hero’s price on PSN. I rarely spend that much on PS3 games nevermind a PSP game. The cheapest place I’ve found it new (play.com) seems to be out of stock so I don’t know when my order will arrive. And it’s pretty disappointing considering how reasonably Disgaea AoD is priced (less than half many used prices). I can’t imagine you’re getting many sales at it’s current price and I would happily cancel my other order if it was on PSN for a decent price.

Also, is La Pucelle: Tactics on PSP getting a European release?

@ DizzyQViper: It sucks that we still haven’t gotten the Disgaea 3 trophy patch but not getting some ultimately worthless trophies isn’t being treated like dirt and you’re being pretty overdramatic. Apparently they’re being held up in Japan so it might be out of Allison Walter’s control anyway.

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

Hi Electroshockwave. I’ll let you know if there are any price changes, which should be soon. We have no plans to bring La Pucelle to PSN Europe. And, many thanks for understanding. I’m planning drastic measures for the trophies.

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 9:01 pm

Good news, electroshockwave! Prinny will have a new price as of 25 February: 15.99 pounds /19.99 euros.

you make the game sound like dungeon keeper, i used to love the dungeon keeper games. :)

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

It is like Dungeon Keeper, but better. You create the dungeon with a pickaxe and maintain the monster populations. The kicker is the arrogant Overlord who is constantly egging you one. Instead of protecting the Dungeon Heart, you protect this full-of-himself Overlord from a bevy of altruistic heroes. It also has an Almanac, which is hilarious.

electro, more like the patch is sitting forgotten on some scee hard drive some where.
scee the chinese government of gaming.

Allison Walter 16 February, 2010 @ 6:48 pm

Hi HazelAM. SCEE has little to do with it, actually. We are completely responsable. I hope to have news on it soon, but no promises.

like dungeon keeper but better, i like the sound of that.

DizzyQViper 17 February, 2010 @ 1:17 am   24

call it what you will electroshockwave, but Europe has a long history of being shafted when it comes to gaming.

personally i find it rather insulting that we did not get this patch within a reasonable timeframe of the US patch in the first place. and I know of no other game company that pulled a stunt like territory discrimination with game patches.

the US trophy patch was released around july 9 2009.
we are still waiting for this patch because…. why exactly?
we have gotten 0 information on it except the canned “we are working on it” and a twitter feed telling us its on hold for no reason.
even their EU anouncement section on their forums is emty.

excuse me for not finding NISA’s dealings with Europe exactly top notch.

but in the end its a matter of principle really because by the time we are getting this patch we are prolly playing Final Fantasy XV…

still i want to thank Allison Walter for replying and looking into this matter. its nothing personal.
but at the very least a decent explanation regarding this mess would be nice.

Mr-Flame-Head 17 February, 2010 @ 4:45 pm   25

I have a couple of questions with regards to the disgaea 3 dlc, why is it that some of the bundle prices are more expensive than buying them indivdually, secondly i bought the complete set and it states that you get a special theme if you buy it but you actually don’t,
thanks in advance

Allison Walter 25 February, 2010 @ 6:58 pm

Hi Mr-Flame-Head. Good questions. DLC varies in size, quantity, the amount you play, to name a few reasons why there are different prices. The special theme is a misnommer. It is actually a wallpaper. If you have further issues with this, please write to eu-support@nisamerica.com, and our customer support should help you out.

Dutch_Rootsman 18 February, 2010 @ 8:07 am   26

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.