Posted 4:36pm

Uncharted 2 – New DLC

Hi All,

As you may have heard, I’m pleased to announce that we have another great piece of downloadable content coming to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

This time you get the chance to revisit locations from Nathan Drake’s debut adventure and enjoy multiplayer battles in the Sub Facility and the Flooded Ruins. In addition to the two classic maps, the pack also includes six character skins from the first game. You can play as Drake, Elena, pirate leader Eddie, gun for hire Navarro, ruthless treasure hunter Roman or a Mercenary grunt! Check out the screenshots below.

Uncharted 2 DLC

Uncharted 2 DLCUncharted 2 DLC

Uncharted 2 DLC

Uncharted 2 DLCRuins-Javier-Elena-01

For those who love collecting PS3 trophies you are in for a real treat, you will be rewarded for playing online with a multitude of trophies now up for grabs :)

So, just what are the new Trophies?

• Sneaky… – Get 50 Stealth Kills
  • Brass Knuckles – Get 100 Melee Kills
  • Tastes Like Chicken – Get 20 BBQ Medals
  • Rapid Fire – Get 7 Tripled Medals in Deathmatch
  • I Told You I Was Hardcore! – Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Hard Difficulty
  • Made It – Finish Wave 10 in one Survival Game
  • Gold Digger – Finish Wave 10 in one Gold Rush Game
  • Wipe Them Out… – Win 50 Deathmatch Games
  • Plays Well With Others – Win 50 Objective Games
  • Still Alive – Win 50 Elimination Games
  • Plundered! – Get 200 Captured Medals
  • Cold Blooded – Get 2,500 Kills in Deathmatch or Elimination games

On top of that, the game’s getting 12 in-game multiplayer medals:

• Tip Off – Be the First Player to Grab the Treasure in Plunder
  • Protectorate – Shoot and Kill 5 Enemies that were Damaging the Treasure Carrier
  • No Cigar – Kill the Treasure Carrier while They are about to Score
  • None Shall Pass – Get 5 Kills while in the Hill during a King of the Hill
  • First! – Get the First Kill of the Game
  • Finish Him! – Get the Last Kill of the Game
  • Retaliation – Kill the Last Player that Killed You
  • Defender – Kill a Player that is Actively Shooting One of Your Teammates
  • That Was Embarrassing – Earn a Shutout in Plunder
  • Put’em Down – Kill Someone in the Knockdown State with a Pistol Weapon
  • Unlucky – Die 5 Times in a Row without Getting a Kill
  • Tricky – Kill a Player with a Pistol Weapon while Hanging

The pack will be available to download from PSN when the store is updated on the 25th February and the RRP will be €4.99 / £3.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

54 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

sweet! love the multiplayer :-)

amazing cant wait . just bought uc2 back yesterday ill be buying this and the other skin pack . anychance you great guys a naughty dog can maybe whip up a few uncharted 2 avatars to buy please

I’ll definitely get this.

Although I do dislike trophies that demand huge amounts of playing such as 2500 kills etc… Now i’ll loose my 100% permanently!

WOW! Nice price too! I can’t wait. :D

BTW, a quick question:
Can these trophies be earned on the original maps and do you have to have the DLC pack to earn them?

Thanks! :)

Richard Yap 15 February, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

Hi BAZ1307,

These trophies are exclusive to this DLC pack. Happy Hunting! :)

Cheers

Raider197365 15 February, 2010 @ 5:23 pm   5

Please tell me that the new trophies won’t be needed to unlock the Platinum? I just need to go and collect all the treasures and I would hate to miss out on the Platinum just because more trophies were patched in :(

Sherif_129 15 February, 2010 @ 5:23 pm   6

Awesome. Naughty Dog…you are FTW.

great!!!, ill be getting this for sure. best game on the ps3 by a long shot, keep up the awesome work guys………

Cool, are they going to do single player and co-op DLC too?

They need to do that, more DLC makes this game even better!

Pure_Mind_Games 15 February, 2010 @ 5:29 pm   9

please tell me these trophies do not get added to list unless you have the DLC, don’t screw with my 100%

Paranoimia 15 February, 2010 @ 5:31 pm   10

£3.99? Is that all? Please check it’s not a typo!

If it’s not… fantastic pricing!

SalarymanDaishi 15 February, 2010 @ 5:33 pm   11

@Pure_Mind_Games: Sure they do (speaking with Prince of Persia experience) but it’s just a number.

sounds great! Question: are you thinking of bundling the 2 DLC packs together? I find 3.99 a bit much for some skins but 5.99 for all the DLC would be amazing :D

Carnivius_Prime 15 February, 2010 @ 5:36 pm   13

Total bargain and a definite purchase for me. Uncharted 2 is by far my favorite single player and online multiplayer game and these are great value extras. I’m happy to get new trophies to obtain too and I will cos I want my Uncharted 2 trophy bit to not drop below 100 percent for too long :P

Pure_Mind_Games 15 February, 2010 @ 5:37 pm   14

@SalarymanDaishi: A number I’d like to keep, DLC trophies should only be added if/when you buy the DLC, oh well, maybe I can boost ‘em or something

VincentVendetta 15 February, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   15

Sorry to ask, but is Eddy a hero or a villain? Because he was against Nathan in the first game, right? He was also a pretty stupid character after all.

Still, he is better than Harry Flynn.

Carnivius_Prime 15 February, 2010 @ 5:46 pm   16

SalarymanDaishi 15 February, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   17

@Pure_Mind_Games: Yeah, I suppose it would be more proper that way but it would be a logistical nightmare and this probably sells the DLC also for those who wouldn’t be interested otherwise :) Besides, those Platinum trophies aren’t going away even if DLC have trophies of their own.

pilotguy08 15 February, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   18

Any plans on making a Jak and Daxter Playstation Heroes Skin?

Carnivius_Prime 15 February, 2010 @ 5:51 pm   19

I think Jak & Daxter skins would be rather ill fitting given the more realistic style of Uncharted. I certainly don’t want cartoony characters running about in my matches and would look odd to see those guys with blood splurting out of them.

Me likey DLC

wardragon989 15 February, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   21

Cool to see your giving Uncharted 2 so much love. I hope to see many more things from you guys.

So I take it you guys are going to be using that split trophy feature for these new trophies?

parapetti 15 February, 2010 @ 6:11 pm   22

So we have to wait for the trophies :/ and buy the dlc ? :P o well more uncharted 2 no prob. at all thanks for telling me :)

Pure_Mind_Games 15 February, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   23

@Carnivius_Prime & SalarymanDaishi: I guess so, wasn’t there supposed to be a feature that splits DLC and Disc trophies?

I still hate that if on-line trophies come with the game they count towards the plat, I’d love Resistance 2 Plat but because I suck I’ll never get it

Raider197 15 February, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   24

Thanks Richard, makes me a bit calmer to know that I can collect the treasures at my own pace now :)

If you own the dlc, can you still earn the trophies else were in the multiplayer? other then the U1 maps.

The Trophies seem quite challenging… Nice.

The DLC in the Portuguese store will work in the UK version of the game, or I going to need to buy it in the UK store?

Yes yes yes! More unchartage, love this DLC

Time to buy a new PSN card! :D

What’s coming up after this DLC? Avatars, dynamic theme, perhaps? :)

GreenMekon 15 February, 2010 @ 8:17 pm   30

I cant wait for this, UC2 is the best game of 2009 if not ever. The update 1.05 is now live.

GreenMekon

twistedintoform 15 February, 2010 @ 8:52 pm   31

i just got my first ever platinum trophy in this game at the weekend, and now i’m gonna lose my 100% trophy completion. hrmph! it’d be nice if it didn’t add the trophies to the xmb section if you didn’t have the dlc. i love the single player game, probably the best single player game on ps3 (i completed it 4 times on different difficulties!), and while i thought the multiplayer was solid, i don’t think i like it enough to spend money on map packs – also, i’m not a huge fan of 3rd person games online (i prefer the first person perspective), so i’ll not have the inclination to clock up the online hours required to get those trophies, and this is too close to the release of battlefield bad company 2 which is going to be great. :p

twistedintoform 15 February, 2010 @ 8:55 pm   32

@Travax – are the product codes of the UK and portuguese versions of the game the same (ie: BCES 00727)?. if so, then, as far as i know, it should work regardless of where you get the dlc. if the product codes are different, then you’ll have to buy the dlc from the UK store.

A reason to play Uncharted 2 again! :D

DsupremeR 15 February, 2010 @ 9:15 pm   34

Hi I bought the UK version of the game, and much like Travax from comment 27 I’d like to know if you guys are going to release the UK DLC for all stores. Because I know a lot of people that imported the game for various reasons (I like the original voices as opposed to the dutch voice which I can’t stand) and will be unable to get the DLC on their main account because of region coding on the stores!

I mean it should not be that hard to release the UK version DLC in the stores, just label the disc codes like your previous skin pack and the problems are solved!

I’d appreciate it if you’d reply to this post!

twistedintoform 15 February, 2010 @ 9:21 pm   35

@Carnivus_Prime
“Pure_Mind_Games I think that would complicate things when comparing trophies with friends. Can’t have one guy with the new trophie back and not yet complete being less than 100 percent when you’d not have the trophy pack and be 100 percent. Wouldn’t make sense.”

just add it as an additional title to trophies rather than under the main game, as something like “Uncharted 2 downloadable content”

so for some of us:
Uncharted 2 100%
Uncharted 2 DLC -

and our buddies’ comparison:
Uncharted 2 75%
Uncharted 2 DLC 50%

this is how all DLC trophies should work in my opinion.

These trophies look a little time-consuming , but ill work to get them

I just have to have the DLC for the trophies ?
i mean i dont have to earn the trophies just playing on those maps using those characters do i ??

maybe im blind , but other website were listing that here where 13 new medal’s , here you only say 12 ?? , or maybe im just losing it abit 2day

anyway looking forward to more dlc in april
co-op DLC pleaseeeeeeee

^^^^^^^

April DLC pack
is as i read on playstation joystiq
”The third DLC pack, available April 15 and also premium, adds a new co-op multiplayer mode, along with four new maps and five new character skins.”

^^ CO-OP :) , me = happy

Btw, will there be a separate playlist for the new maps?

TailsTheCat 15 February, 2010 @ 10:07 pm   39

I want to know more about the changes to the health system, please.

and don’t say it’s down to ea/bioware, this is just the latest in a near endless list of occasions when the sole, single common factor behind the lack of content is scee.

toolfan2007 16 February, 2010 @ 9:10 am   41

Great news, just topped up my account with €20 their yesterday so will be a must buy for me.

Does this DLC work for Co-op too?

Richard Yap 16 February, 2010 @ 3:49 pm   43

Yep, one of the trophies is obtainable in Co-Op.

AutomaticSnake 16 February, 2010 @ 6:45 pm   44

I bought the game in the UK will the DLC work if i buy it from the spanish store?

Sorry. What I meant was the map, is it playable in co-op too?

wiktorclunk 16 February, 2010 @ 10:07 pm   46

WOW! Nice price too! I can’t wait:) !!!!

luis_someguy 16 February, 2010 @ 10:11 pm   47

Good work people loving uncharted 2!!!!

Psn and Naughty Dog forever!!!

bridgelad98 16 February, 2010 @ 11:34 pm   48

Nice! I’ll be picking this up

who at scee made the genius decision that you could release an expansion pack on disc or downloadable but not both?
is this ludicrous policy the reason we never saw the oblivion dlc in europe?
i know for a fact it’s why we can’t buy the DAO expansion on disc in europe.
congratulations scee, you’ve lost yet another publisher yet another sale.

sharpenedpixel 17 February, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   50

I don’t think it’s very good to have trophies specifically for multiplayer. It makes people game the system to get them which spoils multiplayer for everyone. It also means that people that aren’t very good at Multiplayer can’t get to 100% again :(

Load all